• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Falco dittos.

Falcon dittos.

Fox dittos.

They all start with he letter F, I think I'm nearing the meaning of the universe.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if you wanna defend, bair a lot
if you wanna space, dd grab
if you wanna attack, shield pressure
if you wanna cheese, bthrow shine

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
they don't beat disjointed uairs and utilts that get below them, and shields that are in too deep.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you want to play this game really casually and not ever learn the intricacies of camping, then fine. If you want to learn to play this game and enjoy it at a tournament level, you should really practice your effective strategies in friendlies since thats your best time to learn. If someone isn't camping then the game is just 2 players running at each other at the same time with random attacks. Spacing, positioning, threatening; all of this stuff has roots in camping.

Camping with more of a non-committing definition rather than a projectile spam definition.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think people are missing the point of friendlies. How is timing people out fun?
have you ever timed anyone out? of course it is fun, because winning is fun.

getting timed out is not fun, because losing is not fun.

yeah i guess...

but would you really want to play friendlies with someone who is just gonna try and time you out over and over
i understand melee well enough to never get timed out. LOL.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
then shadwphoenix we just have different opinions

i enjoy frustrating people actually. if they get frustrated, i tend to do silly stuff like freeze glitch them, or use very minimalistic defensive strategies (like nana blizzard popo ice block ad infinitum) and they get so pissed when they can't get past it. people who get seriously frustrated in friendlies really need to conquer the emotional, human part of the game. there is a difference between serious frustration and just casual complaining like "aw, come on!"

some people have fun running the timer, some don't.

i personally find it hilarious to do with jigglypuff in brawl ROFL. (IMO, it is the 'correct' way to play her in brawl.)

Top Bottom