• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Jem.

Smash Master
On an even cooler note: I don't pay my tournament fees, my cell phone bill, my WoW account, or for where I live! yayaya!

Cool, hopefully you guys don't bail this time.

We'd need more time to plan and advertise than that. October at the earliest.
A regular GC and Super Champ Combo wouldn't be enough for September?.....

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
...I'm planning THE DAN: PART DEUX for early October.

All of the new enthusiastic (WWU) recruits will want to go, I'm sure.

I'll make an actual thread for it in August sometime.

It'll be the same venue, and hopefully we can get people who sign up to actually go this time.

GC guy support? Haha, your help last year was beyond awesome...we are eternally grateful.

Why don't we just make that the giant tourney? That would be the best. The venue was awesome. We could hold everyone. Would we be able to get WWU players to house smashers?

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I can prolly house roughly 8 the day before/after the tourney, maybe more I'd have to ask my parents...

Teddy, Otto, and especially myself live close to the airport so if we can offer housing within 10 min from airport it might be more attractive to OOS.

Whats the possibility of housing at the venue Dan?

Basically I think housing is the most important part of running a tourney at this point lolz

Also it will need to be 2 days if its as big as hoped...

Me housing people wouldn't make a difference really.
We'd all end up needing to drive up to Bellingham, so Nate should house as many as his car can hold, and Teddy should house as many as his car can hold. Same for other WA players driving I suppose.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I was thinking all smashers who live down south could give a hand in rides, but whatever, I just want people not be turned away because of no place to stay.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
This all seems like a good idea to me.

Our school newspaper loves **** like this, so there'll probably be a news story behind it. I'll give you all a copy of the school paper, lol.

Lets see, I'd definatley house people, as would Drew. David probably would...and Jeff...

Hell, I'm sure (so long as we give fair warning in advance) that a LOT of people would be willing to house OOS'ers and others who come up.

Unfortunatley, housing AT the venue is impossilbe - as the building CLOSES at midnight >.<

A two day reservation might be hard to pull off. I'll look into it.

So is it gonna be called DII?
Like D2, the mighty ducks?
Aw yeah. >.>

GAMECLUCKS - Would their be any chance you could help me get down to an MLG sponsored tourney in CA in late September?
Just thought I'd ask. :p

Jem.

Smash Master
Aw yeah SF:E time with Shane and Jem getting no sleepsies before the ride. Car ride sleep ftw while Jamie drives.

On topic with everyone else: WWU was a really cool place, I'd suggest using DII for the big *** tournament we want.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
just so you guys know, august 11th gameclucks will be my last one in a good long while because I'm going to cali for school, but I'm still going to be spreading the word about gameclucks tourneys for norcal and what not and i'll also help advertise the super gameclucks tourney as well

but yeah, August Gameclucks is more or less my goodbye to smashers from washington, so everyone better go.

Deva

Smash Lord
woah, my PC's been busted. First time back on the boards in quite some time. I'll make sure to find a way to the next GC and I'll finally bring Chip.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Teddy - team 'JumpWise' ftw.

You game?

EDIT: If no Teddy, then Nate? Maybe the tournament after? I wanna try teaming with everyone at least once. Same to you, Otto.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
WE should do crew battle. If BC's top 5 come then we gotta do 5v5 fo sho.

EDIT: And it's gotta be ON TAPE! This is possibly the last time we could get together and do something like this.

Teddy - team 'JumpWise' ftw.

You game?

EDIT: If no Teddy, then Nate? Maybe the tournament after? I wanna try teaming with everyone at least once. Same to you, Otto.
I'd like to get as much practice in with Nate as possible in 2v2s before Champ Combo.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
man this is great, this will be my first gameclucks, and from the looks of things this is gonna be BIG.

WE should do crew battle. If BC's top 5 come then we gotta do 5v5 fo sho.

EDIT: And it's gotta be ON TAPE! This is possibly the last time we could get together and do something like this.
I can bring a vcr for sure, recording a crew battle would be sweet stuff.

Give the tape to Shane, so we can edit it. I'll prolly end up going to his house after GC anyways. We would get it up fast.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Sooo I'd like to play Gimpy one last time before he leaves for Cali. Could anyone pick me up for GC? Eggz, Silent, KA, Nate, or someone I know, yeah?

Top Bottom