• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Nah, you only have to pay to get in. Though the cap for the tourney once you're in goes real fast. So you have to get in line for it like as soon as you're in the place. And they don't allow friendlies...and it's usually really hot...and there's a lot of people...and it smells bad..and the rules are dumb...

And @ Ademisk's post: Umm, I'm pretty sure winning like $150 at Gameclucks tourneys with good people is better than...going to Icicle Mountain and barely beating some kid who's never played the game...and then winning like an N64 with no controllers.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm pretty sure its PAX and i'm not going lol

it is satisfying to beat good players with bowser, but it is not satisfying at all to beat players with bowser that have no concept of how horrible he is aka everyone at pax who has played the game one time before the tourney.

kLBkLBkLB

Smash Cadet
Nah, you only have to pay to get in. Though the cap for the tourney once you're in goes real fast. So you have to get in line for it like as soon as you're in the place. And they don't allow friendlies...and it's usually really hot...and there's a lot of people...and it smells bad..and the rules are dumb....

After hearing that... Im not going.

curly

Smash Rookie
hell yes im from WA Luigi!@! and i will stay away. im sick of winning so many tournys...

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
I'm going...and as such I will enter the tournament...why not?

But I'm not going soley for the laggy smashing.

HELLOOOO - I'm pretty sure you guys are gamers more than I am! - Its a gaming convention! So why aren't people going?

o.O

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I'm going...and as such I will enter the tournament...why not?

But I'm not going soley for the laggy smashing.

HELLOOOO - I'm pretty sure you guys are gamers more than I am! - Its a gaming convention! So why aren't people going?

o.O
Well, from my experiences this is what usually happens at big events like these with video games. At first, the place looks like heaven and you dont want to leave until you've seen everything. You start to go check out booths and popular areas. Then, you start to mingle with the crowd - which are other gamers. You'll start to talk about games and all that jazz until one of you brings up a game thats pretty competative (lets say Bob brings up ssbm). Ill say, "hey i should play you sometime", as i say that Bob points to the ssbm tournament in other room or somethng. Fast forward a bit, Bob gets 4 stocked in addition to all his other friends that thought they were good.

Thats why i dont really want to go - because i know theres a tournament - and i hear it probably wont run that well.

Besides, someone is having a smashfest on the 28th up in Kirkland.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
it PROBABLY won't be run great, but, on the good side, they won't put on pokeballs and bombs to speed things up like the last tourney I went to. Try winning through that.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
I want some FC and OC3 results!!
Someone post something about how well the GC Guys are doing!!!!

I gave up cash for that! I want some info!!!!

BTW - I, GC Guy, will be doing my annual sand sculpture competition this weekend at Longbeach WA. Some of you should come down for Saturday and say hi or something.

www.funbeach.com for details

Jem.

Smash Master
Chris - Ammon got 9th in Singles if I am not mistaken. He did the best out of WA. He took out Forward (A very good Falco) and Tink. And, correct me if I'm wrong, Combo Status got to the Semi-Finals in Losers Bracket of the Crew Battles.

And OC3 is this upcoming weekend.

EDIT: Chris, we're at Lakewood Saturday for Tourneyplay tournament >=[

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Woah, GCs guy is bustin' out the sand sculpting? Awww yeah. That's an awesome skill.

Thanks a ton for the sponsorship money btw Chris. Me and Gimpy would have gotten screwed over without it.

And yeah, I got 9th in singles, Otto got 13th, our crew made semi-finals, then Nate and Otto got 9th in doubles. Yayuhzzz.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Does anyone know the status of my Citadels up there? If it's not too late, have someone bring it down.

Eggz, I'll see you in the pools.

If you lose to me you have to change that name....unless you pick up Yoshi.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Does anyone know the status of my Citadels up there? If it's not too late, have someone bring it down.

Eggz, I'll see you in the pools.

If you lose to me you have to change that name....unless you pick up Yoshi.
i'll see what i can do, i'm also trying to bring The Man with me

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Who is the TheMan?

Congrats Ka, Crew, Otto and Nate!!!

Anyway I am off for a few days of playing on the beach and carving up some sand, then I am in Boulder CO for most of next week for work.

Good luck all at OC3!

Jem - Cool on Tourneyplay!! Keep PPA0 on his toes! :)

Jem.

Smash Master
I honestly can say I don't know. Skypal would talk aboutTHE MAN for about a year, but I never met him. Wondering if it's the same one Gimpy is talking about..

Good luck at Sandsculpting Chris! Remember, if you lose the first match, counterpick him with closer towards the water >_> I'll see what I can do tomorrow :p

Jem.

Smash Master
Guess I'll do my shoutouts here about the weekend?

Ammon: Good games, you're really too good. You were probably sandbagging when you beat me in the finals anyways, but you're amazing >_>

SeattleSmash: FFA tournament was not fun at all, being triple teamed the whole match is not enjoyable, and made another person really mad too. Get it, finals..?

So I guess Gameclucks is the next big tournament. Get it, none have been big since WA left for Indiana XD

TourneyPlay

Smash Cadet
I want to encourage everyone to attend the next GC tourney and I heard it was on the 11th. But don't forget that we can make any of the 12 Gamecrazy tournaments in August as big as you wish. We have them scheduled as far North as Bremerton and Poulsbo... As far south as Olympia and Centralia and as far East as Pasco and Hermiston, OR. Please check the TourneyPLAY site for the full schedule.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Gimpy you douche - it was almost a full day before I posted again. Rules Schmulez.

How many times have YOU double posted hmmmm? :joyful:

anyways - @ klb - he said that the first one was a one stock victory on FD, and that the other was a 2 stock on Dreamland or somesuch. So no **** - Otto's too good.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Sandsations Update - The GC Team took 3rd place in Intermediate. Good job on that, esp since it was a whole new team!

Congrats to Otto on his placing!!!

GC is Aug 11th

Jem.

Smash Master
Good stuff Chris. And good job to all of WA who went to FC and OC.

EDIT: I don't want to sound like an idiot, but Otto countered Ken with Dreamland? I don't get the logic behind it, but hey, he is THE Silent Wolf.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Umm...Dreamland isn't very good for Marth. He can't do all of his platform hax, and plus there was all those weird rules to accomodate BS or whatever. Ken probably banned PS too, or somethin'.

Anyways, aww yeah @ GCs gettin' 3rd in Sand-awesome.

Top Bottom