• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
Since this is the general Washington chat thread, I'm going to announce a tournament I plan to hold at the end of this month.

It will be in Kirkland at my house, and the entry fee will be $2, so it's gentle on the wallet if you live nearby. Also, it should appeal to a slightly different crowd of Smashers than the Gameclucks tournaments do, so I'm hoping that I don't take any business away from them (I'll always hold tournaments on different days).

Anyway, the thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2528570, and I'm waiting to get at least a few people committed to coming before I make it official, but anyone who is interested in a cheap tournament in Kirkland, check it out.
You might want to post this over at the SeattleSmash forums as well.

Takalth

Smash Ace
I'll see about interest first. My house can't support nearly as many people as GameClucks, so I'll only do some additional advertising if I'm not getting a lot of interest. Thanks, though.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
T_T

I...want...to...play....

Someone host a smashfest soon or something. Anyone is MORE than welcome over here, as my house would be perfect for a larg(er) scale smashfest, but who'd come to the peninsula anyways? X-D

@ nate - sorry I missed your tourney, but I was busy getting my car out of Seattle >_>

Sounds like no one showed anyhow...

But yeah, I wanna play.

Takalth

Smash Ace
T_T

I...want...to...play....

Someone host a smashfest soon or something. Anyone is MORE than welcome over here, as my house would be perfect for a larg(er) scale smashfest, but who'd come to the peninsula anyways? X-D

@ nate - sorry I missed your tourney, but I was busy getting my car out of Seattle >_>

But yeah, I wanna play.
Well, I'm not sure how close Bellingham is to Kirkland, but I've suffered from mild Smash deprivation for a little while. If it's more than 20-30 minutes away, it's probably not worth a trip for that alone, but if you expect to be nearby for some other reason and have some time, let me know. (that goes to everyone else as well.)

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
T_T

I...want...to...play....

But yeah, I wanna play.

Does this mean you aren't coming out to Auburn?

Touk

Smash Journeyman
T_T

I...want...to...play....

But yeah, I wanna play.

Dan, I am free on the 4th. are you busy?

cmin

Smash Ace
hi is there a list of confirmed for this tourney anywhere? some oregon might come up

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
is GC still happenin on the 14th ? or was it canceled and noone changed it ?

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Teddy will make an appearance. I may or may not go depending on work.

Won $600 playing in a blackjack tourney last night, so that helps fund my OC3 trip.

JUST in case I decide to fly - who else is flying and what is their flight info? (I could book the same flight?)

Takalth

Smash Ace
My tournament at the end of this month has gone from tenative to official, so come along and bring your friends. Also, post in the thread if you plan to come and if you are bringing anybody, so I have at least a general idea of what to expect.

Anyway, the link's in my signature.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
This is a little last minute, but regarding tommorow's tournament at Gamecrazy, the adress is: 9522 Bridgeport Way SW, Lakewood and it will start roughly at noon and run most of the day. It's 5$ entry fee and then a 10$ to participate in the big tournament, its my first time going so im not sure exactly how the pricing works. Everyone come if you can.

cmin

Smash Ace
how far is lakewood from seattle?
also do you know if alot of WA will be attending? im bringing OR people so just to make sure that its worth it cuz we dont want to end up playing with just 5 other people lol

kLBkLBkLB

Smash Cadet
About this tournament at the Auburn Library next week, will there be a lot of people there? If anyone cares Im that one kid FalcoRox that went to that Gameclucks tournament last year and gt wooped. The library is like 10min from my house and I could probably make it. So whos gonna go there anyways? Are the people from Gameclucks gonna be there? I wanna get beat by someone good again.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
also do you know if alot of WA will be attending? im bringing OR people so just to make sure that its worth it cuz we dont want to end up playing with just 5 other people lol
I think it might be about 45-60 min drive from seattle to lakewood. Im not expecting too many people, but theres bound to be atleast 10+ (hopefully ill be in for a surprise with more people). I should be there regardless the number of people show up, but i dont think this tourney was posted on smashboards properly so that will lose people, someone brought it up in this thread and i added on.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Most of WA's top 4 will be there, as well as gimpyfish and bladewise, so it will be worth it.

Good thing I checked this thread and found the address. Otto and I were looking for it for like an hour and just ended up trolling the tourneyplay forums LOL

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I never got to play you cmin - and if you OR guys are interested there might be a tourney in Puyallup South Hill Mall at a EB Games on the 28th- it would still probably take the 2 hrs or so to get to Puyallup.

And Gimpy, lol, i still never figured out why you kept laughing for about half a match - straight when i played you at Nate's place, dont know if you remember or not lol.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
About this tournament at the Auburn Library next week, will there be a lot of people there? If anyone cares Im that one kid FalcoRox that went to that Gameclucks tournament last year and gt wooped. The library is like 10min from my house and I could probably make it. So whos gonna go there anyways? Are the people from Gameclucks gonna be there? I wanna get beat by someone good again.

It's hard to say how many people will be there, but the turnout should be decent. There is a NICE amount of money up for grabs for first, second and third. It's also a 4 hour event with free play all day. If you love Smash AT ALL, you will be there!!

kLBkLBkLB

Smash Cadet
It's hard to say how many people will be there, but the turnout should be decent. There is a NICE amount of money up for grabs for first, second and third. It's also a 4 hour event with free play all day. If you love Smash AT ALL, you will be there!!
Its only $5 entrry right? And if I go I think I can only stay until 4 maybe.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Washington needs more tourneys, or maybe just more tourney advertised on here. Cuz I never heard about em.
I'm holding one right in your town at the end of this month and hope to hold more. See my sig [/shameless self promotion]

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
Its only $5 entrry right? And if I go I think I can only stay until 4 maybe.
Yup, it's only 5$. And depending on the size, that may be enough time to complete the tourney. We will have plenty of stations available and we may start at 2.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
So how much people are you expecting? Also will we have to be quiet since it'll be in a library?

EDIT: Awesome, I got the 4444th post.

Haha, no you won't have to be quiet. It isn't IN the library, it's in one of the meeting rooms. We can be loud.

I will be there, Judeko, Ppa0, Gimpy may be there, the people who have said they are going in this thread and the 8 people who voted that they will go on our website. I can't guarantee how many people will be there, but it should be a decent turnout. There is a lot of money to be had.

kLBkLBkLB

Smash Cadet
Haha, no you won't have to be quiet. It isn't IN the library, it's in one of the meeting rooms. We can be loud.

I will be there, Judeko, Ppa0, Gimpy may be there, the people who have said they are going in this thread and the 8 people who voted that they will go on our website. I can't guarantee how many people will be there, but it should be a decent turnout. There is a lot of money to be had.
I dont even expect to win any money at all and I wont be doing Mmoney matches like last time either (I got robbed (not literally) lol). But if I do win then that would be nice:)

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I hear you kLBkLB, i dont plan on winning any money at all, i just wanna play to better my skills. I'll see you there kLbkLb , hopefully, ill play you.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
I hear you kLBkLB, i dont plan on winning any money at all, i just wanna play to better my skills. I'll see you there kLbkLb , hopefully, ill play you.
We are starting a mentoring program soon. If you would like to have one of us teach you how to get excellent, let us know. I'll be the one with the SeattleSmash shirt that says Truedoogie. I can teach you whatever you want to know or just general stuff. Ppa0 will be there and he says he can do the same.

Top Bottom