• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Truedoogie - Left you a message on MySpace about the email address for PayPal.
I forgot to send the prize cash before I went to vegas.

EVERYONE GO TO THE SEATTLE SMASH EVENT!!! If you are not at FV or OC or whatever the heck event is the same weekend, you should be at SEATTLESMASH!!!

GC is adding money to the Prize Pool. This will be a solid event!!!!

Those of you who I helped sponsor for the other out of State Events, you all better wear the GC Shirts and kick some ***!!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
@Truedoogie
The mentoring thing sounds interesting, but all I need is just experience playing people who know adv techs, because my friends aren't really motivated to learn them lol. Im gonna try to get together with Ppa0 away during this week before saturday to get some kind of practice cuz he only lives 30 min away from I do.

Jumpfreak

Smash Lord
@ all western WA smashers:

I wanna play.
I'm willing to drive a ways to smash.
I'd offer good practice / advice. (not technical though XD)
Smashfest, anyone?

Jem.

Smash Master
I'd be game to smash Dan, since I left Shane's when you were on the way XD
I dont know what Emo$ was talking about, but I guess there is a Eastern Washington tournament or something and he said we should go down. We're like, an hour from you (Jamo and I, in Marysville)

Bug

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't it make more sense to hold Seattle Smash in Seattle? I didn't really want to drive down to Auburn today.

Anyways, I am pretty new on these forums. Been playing since I got a gamecube for Xmas 2001, but nowhere near a competitive level. I hope sometime there will be an event closer to Seattle so I can attend and learn a lot.

Jem.

Smash Master
Nice to meet you Bug, I'm Jem. You should stop by a tournament sometime and see how you do to compare yourself. Gameclucks in Lynnwood is thinking about August 11th for the next tournament.

WASHINGTON: What are we doing when Brawl comes out? We all should pre-order it from the same store, and all get it, then have a giant smashfest to unlock **** and play against each other. Yeah? And, assuming it's online and not extremely sucky (Please have a matchmaking system or atleast a record to identifty skill..) we still going to do the hangout maneuver often? Haha.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
If Brawl is really going with the wi-fi thing, I'm going to absolutely love being able to play people regularly. I've been playing this game since it came out, but I suck cuz I mostly only played against bots for like 4 of those years. It's only been in the last year that I've been playing competitively against humans.

But yeah, Brawl it up, make sure Washington gets to the top of the competitive ranks right the hell away. Lets make it happen

EDIT: And ****, I wanted to head to Seattle smash but...just, ****, didnt have the time. come on, I need one more good tournament before PAX to hone my skills(since PAX is a tourney I actually feel I might be able to WIN, instead of getting an overall pounding from the lot of ya)

Bug

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I just think with Seattle being the major metropolitan area in Washington, that more tourneys would be held in Seattle itself, not an hour away in Lynnwood or Auburn. I guess I'll just have to drive if I want to attend.

That said, is there anybody who is in Seattle that wants to just play? It would be nice to be able to play someone human for a change.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
crap, if Ka and Eggz join the tourney too T_T. Last year it was mostly amateur, I even managed to wedge myself into the top 16 out of somewhere near 500.

PAX is at the Washington Convention Center in Downtown Seattle, Aug 24-like...26 or something. I dunno, check the site.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
We live in Renton/Auburn so it is easier for us to get to Auburn and have the Smashfest. We will hold a poll, however, and if enough votes say we should move it north, we will.

It's all up to you guys.

And Seattle Smash has something pretty special planned for Brawl. I can't give any details yet, but when I can, you will hear ALL about it.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
a couple things.....

Lynwood is only like 30 minutes from seattle, not that long a drive at all, i drove from Marysville to Auburn e.e

2nd, I think a bunch of people will be attending Pax, now that i know when it is, I know me and Jem will be going for sure, and like Dan said, I know eggz and everyone are gonna want to be going as well.

it seems since we wanted more tourney's one is popping up every weekend now. it's a matter of everyone going now. which i have a good feeling everyone will be attending a good amount of them.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
That was the idea, and I'm not saying that you have us to thank for it, but having one Smash event every weekend is what we wanted to do. If it is happening like that now, that's awesome. If it isn't, we are going to try and make sure it is. Whether it's Gameclucks, Tourneyplay or Seattle Smash, I think it would be cool to KNOW that there was some event happening.

We are trying to run the Smash tournament at PAX the same way we ran the Sakuracon tournament. I guess last year the rules were pretty silly at PAX and nobody liked it...at least not a lot of people.

If we get in, we will fix that.

Jem.

Smash Master
What's the point of going if there is no prize? No one goes just for the love of smash XD XD
I saw the picture with Xander for Sakura-Con.. All he won was some shiney thing saying he won or something?

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Again, I can't edit. JEM, ITS FREAKING PAX! Penny Arcade, it's not some smashfest at gameclucks, they're putting hardcore prizes up for the win. I remember last year they were just showcasing all the possible prizes you could pick from, like right in the middle of the convention center. Computer parts, games, consoles. Crazy ****, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd win a Wii or Ps3 for pwning the tourney

artifice

Smash Ace
Again, I can't edit. JEM, ITS FREAKING PAX! Penny Arcade, it's not some smashfest at gameclucks, they're putting hardcore prizes up for the win. I remember last year they were just showcasing all the possible prizes you could pick from, like right in the middle of the convention center. Computer parts, games, consoles. Crazy ****, I wouldn't be surprised if you'd win a Wii or Ps3 for pwning the tourney
hell no you wont get a ps3 for winnning the tourny, or a wii. There is some cool stuff, you get points to spend at this point shop, but they wont have anything like consols, I win or get second at the CS tourny every year, last year I ended up with two pc games (they give you points to go spend at a points shop)

also to note on the rules of pax, it will never be a hardcore tournment like FC even though the amount of players is comperable, they try to bridge the rules to accomidate both competetive and casual gamers, They will never have someone like seatle smash run there tournments becoiuse they dont want it that competetive, its just the nature of pax, 60 percent of the participants are going to wonder why items arnt on.

with that said pax is an awesome event and peoplre should go becouse of the smash tourny and becouse its a freekin awesome time. :cool:

Jem.

Smash Master
You almost made me not want to go with all that ranting..
Smash is competitive, people who aren't competitive shouldnt win something. Winning by a lucky exploding barrel landing somewhere isn't skill. Mind games / Technical skill is, skill.

That said, I'll probably still go, but they should use the good rules.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
What's the point of going if there is no prize? No one goes just for the love of smash XD XD
I saw the picture with Xander for Sakura-Con.. All he won was some shiney thing saying he won or something?
No, he also won "petals" which are used to get prizes from Sakuracon. It was a decent amount, too, but I don't know what he got with them.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
You almost made me not want to go with all that ranting..
Smash is competitive, people who aren't competitive shouldnt win something. Winning by a lucky exploding barrel landing somewhere isn't skill. Mind games / Technical skill is, skill.

That said, I'll probably still go, but they should use the good rules.
This was the problem with Sakuracon in 2006. The rules were crap and the registration was confusing.

That is the reason Judeko and myself ran it this year. It ran flawlessly with 200 people.

We are trying to get into PAX to run their Smash tourney in the same way, but they aren't getting back to us.

If you guys want the tourney to be run correctly, pressure PAX into allowing us full control of their tournament. It will be fantastic. Otherwise, who knows how it will turn out.

Jem.

Smash Master
How do I contact them?
Do they actually check their myspace, or is that just some fan thing?
If so, I'll message them telling them what's up. Smash got popular in 2003 and on because of competitive play >_>

Top Bottom