• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee/PM: GameClucks (Washington): August 3rd!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
jumpfreak johns lol

practice? bleck, practice is for people who... i dunno.

want to be good i guess...?

i'm just gonna go play bowser guys LOL

Eggz

Smash Hero
Nate, my dad wants like the full train schedule, and when we are staying at the venues and when we're housing/motel6ing, and how we're getting to the venues. He's being all anal and ****, really sorry about this. xD

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
The amount of time needed to practice, in order to win, is rising above what I can put out. Shame, really.

Lol, what're you talkin' about Dan, you crazy guy?

You were doing fine when you first came over to Shane's...much better than times before when I played you, IMO.

Kami

Smash Cadet
Does anyone live anywhere near Cheney or Spokane? I'm from Hawaii, but I'm going to college at EWU, and I'm gonna be back next month for summer school. I'd be pretty interested in smashing and getting more into cube if there's someone around who plays, but I'm primarily a 64 smasher. If there are any tournaments for that, I'd be willing to make a trip out somewhere across the state if need. Anyway yeah, I'll check back here, so let me know.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy is right. We want/need more people to come to GC tournaments.

It helps in a lot of ways...
1 - GC makes a little more... That is important to me :)
2 - The tournaments get bigger, which means when people ar eout of town, like say the FC weekend... we have more people coming anyway, so less likely we have a cancelation of an event.
3 - When/If I can ever get the time to organize a large tournament, it means more people know about GC, more people come. more people find out and spread the word...
Which in part leads back into #1, but also means we can pull off a large event at some point.

So PLEASE go to the Seattle Smash event. I am going to try and go to watch fro a bit and talk about GC. I hope to break free to do that...
I may even give them some cash for the prize pool... so that measn I expect one of you all to win it!

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
Here are the details for the SeattleSmash tourney. Thanks to Gimpy for giving us the push to put this on. There will be some decent people there as well, it's not gonna be a knub slaughter.

Gameclucks cancellation got you down? Head south!
Here are the details for the SeattleSmash tourney. Thanks to Gimpy for giving us the push to put this on. There will be some decent people there as well, it's not gonna be a knub slaughter.

Gameclucks cancellation got you down? Head south!

Discussion here: http://www.seattlesmash.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=206

Auburn Library
1102 Auburn Way South * Auburn 98002 * 253- 931-3018

TOURNAMENT ADDED!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE TOURNAMENT, YOU NEED TO REGISTER BY 7/13/07 OR AT THE LOCATION SITE NEAR THE LIBRARY THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT.

NO MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE LIBRARY AS WE CANNOT TAKE IT (HOWEVER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PAY AT A LOCATION NEAR THE EVENT ON THE DAY OF WITH CASH).

100% OF THE ENTRY FEES WILL GO TO FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD PLACE.

TO REGISTER FOR THIS TOURNAMENT, CONTACT TRUEDOOGIE AT TRUEDOOGIE@GMAIL.COM OR PAY $5 CASH AT THE LOCATION NEAR THE LIBRARY ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.

$5 PER ENTRY. NON-REFUNDABLE.

MATCH-UPS WILL BE DECIDED BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT PRESENT, THE MATCH WILL BEGIN WITHOUT YOU.

1:00pm to 5:00pm. Tournament starts at 3:00 pm. Before, during and after will be open for free play.

Rules

1 VS. 1
4 stock
8:00 minutes
Best 2 out of 3
Double elimination with loser's bracket
No Items
All characters are available
Character switching is allowed
Players should bring their own controllers
No glitches, exploits or stall tactics (i.e., Ice Climber’s freeze glitch, etc.)
Random stage. Included stages are:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Pokemon Stadium

Prize amount depends on number of entrants.

At least one station will be open for the tournament while the rest are used for free play. Number of stations will be between 2 and 4.

If there are any concerns or questions about the rules, PM Truedoogie or email him at the above email address and they will be addressed and answered.

Come on out and play some SSBM!

-Judeko and Truedoogie

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Does anyone live anywhere near Cheney or Spokane? I'm from Hawaii, but I'm going to college at EWU, and I'm gonna be back next month for summer school. I'd be pretty interested in smashing and getting more into cube if there's someone around who plays, but I'm primarily a 64 smasher. If there are any tournaments for that, I'd be willing to make a trip out somewhere across the state if need. Anyway yeah, I'll check back here, so let me know.
There is an Eastern Washing Thread, Id search for that if you want activities over there.

Edit: Oh and we have tournaments in WW regularly, at least once a month.

Unfortunately there is no 64 in our tourneys, im sure you could bring one and we can all play friendlies on it, but I dont see competetive 64 happening =)

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
At least one station will be open for the tournament while the rest are used for free play. Number of stations will be between 2 and 4.
I think you are underestimating how slow that will go if you get a good turnout

Edit: oops double post, I didnt realize this was the same thread lol.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
I think you are underestimating how slow that will go if you get a good turnout

Edit: oops double post, I didnt realize this was the same thread lol.
Right, that's why I said "at least". If there is a large turnout, you better believe that we will dedicate more stations to it. I just wanted to give the impression that we are very flexible. Whatever happens, we will have enough stations to acommodate it.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
required Paypal for only $5?
That may hinder some registrations. Many of these smashers arent old enough to have a Paypal account yet. It'd be kind of a hassle for them all to get one.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
I thought about that, but we aren’t allowed to take money at the library. If there was some other way for people to pay, I would be down with it, however, sending money in the mail is a bad idea and if these Smashers aren’t old enough to have Paypal, they probably don’t have checks. I’m down for any alternative methods you guys have, though. Let me hear them. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that we can’t take money AT the library.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
It seems like more of a hassle for people to go to one place to pay and another to play. Although I understand the hassle of having to use a Paypal account. I can give out the money at the library, that won't be an issue, it's just collecting it that will be the problem. Also, I want people to be able to sign up at their leisure and having sign-ups online let's that happen.

If you guys can think of a better way to do this, post it here and we will do it. Otherwise, people may need to find someone with a Paypal account, pay them and have the person with the account pay online.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
We would have to be off of Library property, but that may work. Stand with the crack dealers at Big Daddy's Drive-in. Ugh...

But we'll do it if that's what you all want.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Not the right thread to ask but I have two questions that hopefully someone can answer.

What’s up with DJ Combo, how come Tori changed his name?

What happened to Hero Sublime? I don’t see him around here and he’s not on the WAPR.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
Okay, registration has been changed. You may now register on-site on the day of the tournament.

Here is the editied rule:

NO MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE LIBRARY AS WE CANNOT TAKE IT (HOWEVER, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PAY AT A LOCATION NEAR THE EVENT ON THE DAY OF WITH CASH).

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
truedoogie the problem with paypal isn't that it costs money (because it doesn't) but that it takes time to setup, nobody wants to bother going online, registering for paypal with their parents credit cards (because lots of them dont have one) for a simple $5 entry fee at a tournament, i say find a way to allow cash entry.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
TORE ee gets annoying when its suppose to be To - ri and DJ Combo spontaneously came up when we were trying to remember TJ Combo's name from Killer Instinct and I decided to use it due to my music choice and style of play =D

Edit: spelling >.>

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
truedoogie the problem with paypal isn't that it costs money (because it doesn't) but that it takes time to setup, nobody wants to bother going online, registering for paypal with their parents credit cards (because lots of them dont have one) for a simple $5 entry fee at a tournament, i say find a way to allow cash entry.

Did you guys not see the new change? We will take money at the tournament now.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
All of you GCers need to go to this!!
If you are not at OC or FV or whatever... GO TO THIS EVENT with SeattleSmash!

I am hoping to donate to the prize pool for this event also...to make it "worth" your time to go to the event.

Auburn is not that far away, 45 min, maybe 60 min with some traffic... but its SMASH!!

We need to build the smash community. Right now its fractured with TourneyPlay and GC...no reason they can not be the same group and expand all the tournaments.

Truedoogie

Smash Cadet
All of you GCers need to go to this!!
If you are not at OC or FV or whatever... GO TO THIS EVENT with SeattleSmash!

I am hoping to donate to the prize pool for this event also...to make it "worth" your time to go to the event.

Auburn is not that far away, 45 min, maybe 60 min with some traffic... but its SMASH!!

We need to build the smash community. Right now its fractured with TourneyPlay and GC...no reason they can not be the same group and expand all the tournaments.
Thanks for the support. I will do my part to make sure there is a good turnout and great competition.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Since this is the general Washington chat thread, I'm going to announce a tournament I plan to hold at the end of this month.

It will be in Kirkland at my house, and the entry fee will be $2, so it's gentle on the wallet if you live nearby. Also, it should appeal to a slightly different crowd of Smashers than the Gameclucks tournaments do, so I'm hoping that I don't take any business away from them (I'll always hold tournaments on different days).

Anyway, the thread is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2528570, and I'm waiting to get at least a few people committed to coming before I make it official, but anyone who is interested in a cheap tournament in Kirkland, check it out.

Top Bottom