• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee It On Me podcast! Join the MIOM Facebook Group!

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
anyone think $10k is a good goal for the night? more? less?
I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out another drive on the level of or larger than their previous one, and we don't know how much they're sitting on going into it. $10k probably isn't going to be enough... But I also feel confident that Melee will BRING IT a lot harder than that.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
They will look at the totals before the stream starts and then match when it ends (Or in the spirit bomb's case, when they meet the amount they said they would match).

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
the amount we make up to the cap (3.7k?) will be put in by scar & friends.

so if we make 1k, they will put in 1k, if we make 4.k...well they will still just put in 3.7k

as far as I know there isn't really any individual matching....but there may be tomorrow

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Hey, just a quick suggestion

maybe you could add a chip-in to let people donate with paypal and then you could give that money to the donation drive.
i'm pretty sure i'll get hyped up and will want to donate spontaniously (maybe also to get a ****ing charizard drawing!!!)
there will be others out there who can't use wepay and will want to donate in the curse of the spirit bomb and/or if it gets really close or we're losing.

Silva562

Smash Rookie
**** , I hope Melee takes it . Evo and Genesis , along with a great Apex Tourney ? What more can I ask for ? Sooo donating tomorrow . (First ever post by the way) : )

:phone:

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Just felt like mentioning...

I called Gamestop HR last week about advertising the donation drive on the website (to either post a link on the website to the main drive page or at least put up a flyer in the local store). Responding to the call was an automated message stating that they weren't participating in any charity events at the moment and I couldn't reach a person. Oh well...

Scar

#HarveyDent
GOOD **** PAKMAN! No worries if you can't tune in :) and yeah PM me if you want to paypal

I think I'll set up a chip-in too

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
GOOD **** PAKMAN! No worries if you can't tune in :) and yeah PM me if you want to paypal

I think I'll set up a chip-in too
I wouldn't. We lost over $200 from trihex's first run because of paypal transaction fees. We raised 2730 and only had 2500 put into. Just do a direct donation link into wepay.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I wouldn't. We lost over $200 from trihex's first run because of paypal transaction fees. We raised 2730 and only had 2500 put into. Just do a direct donation link into wepay.
The chip in would be for people unable to directly donate through wepay I think. Most of the money lost was because of wepay anyways, still though everyone paying a small transaction fee is better than have to dip into donations because of one big fee. Anyone can cover 50 cents. Scar can't cover 50 cents for everyone.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The chip in would be for people unable to directly donate through wepay I think. Most of the money lost was because of wepay anyways, still though everyone paying a small transaction fee is better than have to dip into donations because of one big fee. Anyone can cover 50 cents. Scar can't cover 50 cents for everyone.

Doesn't wepay also take a %? Thats twice losing money instead of once. Trihex raised $2700ish and sent $2500 to scar when he was done before wepay was involved at all. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have lost $200 to wepay processing fees.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Instead of using chipin, create a paypal paypal payment link. send as gift.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Doesn't wepay also take a %? Thats twice losing money instead of once. Trihex raised $2700ish and sent $2500 to scar when he was done before wepay was involved at all. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have lost $200 to wepay processing fees.
Trihex said chip in took a cut, he found a way to avoid PayPal charge because it was a donation some how(maybe I'm wrong) and then wepay also took a cut. In the end 2500$ is what went in...apparently. You're right that money was lost but I think 2500+ was what we got out of it total.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Wepay takes a cut of $.50 if the donation is less than $15 and a cut of 3.5% if it's above. We did lose a bit but some of that would've been lost anyway.

Paypal didn't take a processing fee when the money was passed to Scar because it was checked off as a gift.

There was a bit lost when people donated to the ChipIn, though. I agree that everyone should just donate directly but going through the middleman wasn't a huge catastrophe.

Revven

FrankerZ
Also keep in mind some people definitely cannot donate directly to wepay (I've seen several people say they can't). So if we really want everyone on this drive this time, we have to provide an alternative option to get all the money we can into this. This is SUPER important tonight and I don't want to lose just because we opted to try and force people to directly donate to wepay.

Also we've got to watch out, SRK Funkdoc (a pretty well known speedrunner too, also obviously part of the FGC) is going to set up a drive tonight done in a similar fashion to AGDQ for donations to Super Turbo. Where x amount of money is totaled he'll speedrun x game as a donation incentive. Supposedly, Sp00ky might... be trying to get in on it too. :x

Engo

Smash Ace
*sigh* I kind of wish EVO would've thought up another way of choosing the 8th spot rather than making all of us go in a frenzy pretending like we genuinely care about donating for breast cancer. It's pretty selfish and dishonest. I feel kinda bad in a strange way.

Still gonna be donating though woooooooooooh

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
*sigh* I kind of wish EVO would've thought up another way of choosing the 8th spot rather than making all of us go in a frenzy pretending like we genuinely care about donating for breast cancer. It's pretty selfish and dishonest. I feel kinda bad in a strange way.

Still gonna be donating though woooooooooooh
I'm gonna go ahead and disagree. How is it selfish? Maybe it's a bit dishonest, using our dedication to our games as motivation to do something good, but selfish? They aren't getting anything out of it, at worst they are taking advantage of us to get something truly good done.

Rayzorium

Smash Apprentice
Oh dang, totally missed this. Oh well, donated anyway.

Also, anyone know where the hell the Super Turbo donors came from? They were off the radar until two days ago, then neck and neck with the leaders. o.O

Varist

Smash Lord
Rich kid donation drop

Feels good, I did it for and because of you Jason. long live the old King (and melee too)

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Killing two falcos with one knee IMO

I feel we've made an accomplishment. Let's keep our reserve back up snipers ready for 2 more hours, and when the limit's reached, PARTY!!!

metho

Smash Rookie
SG is only about 1k behind.

Wepay is starting to crash if your gonna donate, donate NOW.

Top Bottom