• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee It On Me podcast! Join the MIOM Facebook Group!

ThePrime

Smash Lord
In ep 4 you guys were talking about the counterpicking process. In particular how we deal with the stages first before dealing with the characters. Imo I think it should be reversed, certain character matchups are sensitive to stage because not all matchups function the same given the same map. Maybe shed some more light on this? So for game 2 the loser will have the option of changing character first, then the winner can change character THEN the winner announces their stage ban and then the loser picks their map accordingly. What do you guys think about this?

Scar

#HarveyDent
regarding armada: we definitely want to have him on and will give him a sendoff one way or another
Maybe you could discuss better ways to record. There was tons of stuff at apex that wasn't recorded. Maybe a to could give a discount to a recording setup.

Hmw better commentate genesis

:phone:
^great points, i think we should absolutely discuss it and take any call-ins about it. i don't think anyone has really invested in having a strong system to ensure that good sets are recorded, and even then the recordings aren't uploaded to the same YT channel or at a consistent time or on a transparent schedule
In ep 4 you guys were talking about the counterpicking process. In particular how we deal with the stages first before dealing with the characters. Imo I think it should be reversed, certain character matchups are sensitive to stage because not all matchups function the same given the same map. Maybe shed some more light on this? So for game 2 the loser will have the option of changing character first, then the winner can change character THEN the winner announces their stage ban and then the loser picks their map accordingly. What do you guys think about this?
we discussed this at length in episode 3. something i really would love is for someone to go through the episodes and time stamp discussion switches, so people can easily navigate to certain parts of the podcast.

we'll definitely have this for e5 and onward, but i hope we can get something like it for the first 4.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be worthwhile to take some time to discuss doubles. I know many top players love doubles, and I think there are some things that should be talked about. First of all, how can you encourage more people to play them/take them seriously (in Europe, no one plays doubles). The ruleset could use adjustment imo, I think getting counterpicked in doubles is really gay--am I really supposed to know all the character combinations my other team could use? And also, the stage list for doubles is worth thinking about as well. For instance, I think KJ64 is really awesome in doubles, and I think a lot of tournaments just don't have it because it's not in singles.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Definitely not a bad idea to talk more about teams. I REALLY want to put a debate episode together, where we have specific topics (or 1 specific topic) and we all have time to talk about our position. Would be amazing IMO

GOTM

Smash Champion
Prog, you should mention Woz's tournament on the podcast :) Also, this is not a shameless plug because I have nothing to do with the tournament, I just want more people to go lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Link to episode 5: http://www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar/b/360024174

0:03:54 - Armada retiring
0:27:15 - Apex Melee with TO perspective (Fullmetal)
0:49:00 - EVO 2013
1:09:00 - Teams + commentary
1:34:00 - Norcal is the best region in the world. Shout-outs! KK also working on an advanced how-to-play Melee.

How about that, Scar? Do you want it a little more specific or will this do?

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone (KK even) know how far along the new How to Play video is? I love watching people put melee into words.

Good episode by the way.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Scar was right in the after show.
To the Falcon main eye, that knee was definitely gonna hit him left.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Way ahead of you. ;)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I agree it should be reversed. I thought it'd never happen but I actually faced someone who didn't speak up after i told him my stage so I started and he told me he wanted to change his character after I killed him. Obviously at that point he's basically agreed to play it through but I was generous since it was auto bracket.

It's just stupid to pick your stage and then change the match up. Imagine doing to dl and then them switching to fox vs jiggs to camp. Not to mention its stupid to sit at the stage select then go back to character select. I've pretty much always hated this rule, was glad to hear it discussed in ep2 but the conversation didn't seem to go anywhere in terms of addressing the issue outside of discussion in the podcast.

:phone:

Revven

FrankerZ
Lol, I feel like they could have weekly episodes and never run out of anything to talk about. Seriously.

There's still one scheduled for next week, isn't there?

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
I really liked what Alukard said about commentary. The best players are the best commentators simply because they know the most about the game.

Top Bottom