• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee is just great overall...

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Link to original post: [drupal=4813]Melee is just great overall...[/drupal]

I love Melee. It's just so much fun. In my opinion it's the best one. Melee is the bully that gives Brawl swirlies! 64 is the one that pays Melee to do it!

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
As long as you're playing Melee and not a Brawler you won't get beat up.

Seriously, i'll cut you up if you don't play Maylay

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=4813]Melee is just great overall...[/drupal]

I love Melee. It's just so much fun. In my opinion it's the best one. Melee is the bully that gives Brawl swirlies! 64 is the one that pays Melee to do it!

LOL. I like my new sig :)

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
It's much more technical, and fast-paced than Brawl. And you don't randomly trip. It is such a better game.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Brawl has more characters and stages. It is therefore better than Melee in every way.
It's time to move on, guys. Just because you suck at Brawl and are okay at Melee doesn't mean you should stop supporting Smash Bros.!

Yoshi

Smash Lord
Both have their pro's and con's. I like Melee for a NGC game, and Brawl for a Wii game. While being similar, they are also different which make both games enjoyable for different reasons.
Personally, I grew up with Smash 64 and then Melee. Brawl, while a very fun game, was introduced right when I almost grew out of my Nintendo gaming and had (still have) both a 360 and PS3. Without MadWorld, Pokemon Battle Revolution or SSB Brawl, I probably wouldn't touch my Wii anymore.
That being said, for the NGC, Melee is a great successor of it's 64 counterpart.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Idk playing melee at high level completely drags the fun out of it for me. Its just a bore.

Brawl ismore fun to play at high level for me

:phone:

link2702

Smash Champion
Brawl has more characters and stages. It is therefore better than Melee in every way.
It's time to move on, guys. Just because you suck at Brawl and are okay at Melee doesn't mean you should stop supporting Smash Bros.!
thats why you and everyone else are hacking brawl to make it play mroe like melee right? :oneeye::awesome:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
As long as you're playing Melee and not a Brawler you won't get beat up.

Seriously, i'll cut you up if you don't play Maylay
To be honest, I really didnt enjoy Brawl. I thought it would be cool at first, mainly because of Red being the pokemon trainer.... but it ended p not being that much fun. Melee all the way!

LOL. I like my new sig :)
Ha ha thats great!:awesome::roymelee:

I'd expect this much from an angry luchadore who takes emails for a living...

I hate your name, XxXdArKANGEL666SephirothXxX666~^_^~~XXX*_*Sasuke_x_NarutoXXxXXXxxX.
Cool story, bro.:troll:

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Yeah, this really generates much thought. You are surely a beacon onto our intellectually darkened society by not mentioning the game's depth, brilliant players, and competitive greatness, but instead decided to say, "This one's better and gives the other one's swirlies cuz I think so!" I sarcastically thank you for this profound essay ****pile

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yes because this blog certainly needed your caustic yet unnecessary commentary regarding the essay crafted by this enthusiastic, young forum user :mistyface:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
We're saying that you shouldn't be doing some critical responses that it may find insulting, sensitive, or any of the sort in these kinds of threads.

You can do that in a thread where you can truly show your debating skills.

This isn't a debate-like thread until someone makes a good, long reason why melee is great.
This is a thread where we can share small opinions that will last for some time.

In summary, do not be so critical about this thread and it's short OP that shows the creator's thoughts.
Otherwise, if it continues, it will turn out into some sort of flaming.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
It's undeniably true that something this simplistic and unpersuasive didn't require a blog.

Doesn't matter anyway. Feelings are gay.

But, to take it with a real response, Melee was superior to both its predecessor and successor. That was the one thing the OP was right about (and sadly, the only thing IN the OP).

It's not as if UB isn't already a pseudo-debate hall ( points to overgrown "Why I'm Not an Athiest" thread).

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
It's undeniably true that something this simplistic and unpersuasive didn't require a blog.

Doesn't matter anyway. Feelings are gay.

But, to take it with a real response, Melee was superior to both its predecessor and successor. That was the one thing the OP was right about (and sadly, the only thing IN the OP).

It's not as if UB isn't already a pseudo-debate hall ( points to overgrown "Why I'm Not an Athiest" thread).
Foxblaze, just chill out. Your insults and **** are really ****ing annoying. Also, there's not point in critiquing a dead blog just to point out an "essay" when your past three or so posts have all been longer than the blog itself.

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
Then there's no point in continuing, is there? It's dead and fairly stupid.

I'm willing to shut up and let this pile of **** die if everyone else is.

EDIT: OK, letting it die here. Melee is for the Melee boards. Refusing to respond.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Then there's no point in continuing, is there? It's dead and fairly stupid.

I'm willing to shut up and let this pile of **** die if everyone else is.
Fine by me.

Also, know that this was my first blog post. You can expect a ****ty peice of ****.
or...

on a more positive note, we could still talk about melee.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
plus the soundtrack is sex.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't really play too much Smash anymore but when I do it is always Brawl. Why? Because it has a Link that doesn't suck total balls and a bunch of other characters that the other games don't have.

and only a handful of clones. It's really a bad thing how basically every unlockable character in Melee was functionally a clone.

sometimes I go back to Melee for a couple of matches. I do like that it's faster......but that's about it. Oh yeah, and no tripping too I guess..

but I'm not a competitive player and never have been. The appeal of Smash to me is more "get ****ed up with friends and troll each other with Jigglypuff on the WarioWare level" rather than something more like chess or Marvel Vs Capcom even.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
well. I meant Toon Link.

but, idk anything about any of that on the technical side. all the Links from previous game (regular or young) felt weird and played terribly to me, and Toon Link feels perfect. PERFECT, IN MY GRIP.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
well. I meant Toon Link.

but, idk anything about any of that on the technical side. all the Links from previous game (regular or young) felt weird and played terribly to me, and Toon Link feels perfect. PERFECT, IN MY GRIP.
What about young link?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
But what about regular link?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Personally, I like both of them equally. I enjoy Melee for the fast game play and mechanics and I enjoy Brawl for the new innovations and additions. They both have their good and bad points and are excellent games. However, I do not think either one is superior/inferior to the other. Which is a good thing.

And I do believe this topic, overall, has been beaten down to a bloody pulp.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
well. I meant Toon Link.

Link from Smash64 is amazing.

Other than that UpB.

Top Bottom