• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee is just great overall...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah 64link's upb is a little annoying.
So True.

Game wise, I like them both a lot. Melee is a lot more technical, although I still like that playstyle, but I also like Brawl a lot because it's not as technical, so you can play more casually and still have a lot of fun. I like both games, and I don't think either one is superior to the other.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
So True.

Game wise, I like them both a lot. Melee is a lot more technical, although I still like that playstyle, but I also like Brawl a lot because it's not as technical, so you can play more casually and still have a lot of fun. I like both games, and I don't think either one is superior to the other.
Well, yeah. Link's upb in melee lasts longer. Also, it's doesn't stay in one place like the one in 64, it's takes on more angles instead.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
That's right. I wish Link would realize his true potential. Hopefully he'll make a nicer character in the next smash. But that talk is for the smash for wiiu thread.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
lol I wasn't even trying to be witty. I meant it.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
I know. OK, be serious with me, why do you like brawl more than melee? I'm not looking to argue, just asking what there is in brawl that you like more than melee?

Also, I'm asking falchion, not anyone else.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
The gameplay is much easier for me to get into but there are more things left for me to discover. People often say that there isn't any technical things in Brawl, in which I disagree with, It may not have l cancelling and wavedashing but to me it makes up for the lack of that with DACUS, platform cancelling, glide tossing etc. Also I like to use lot of characters in fighters and Brawl did it well for me. In Melee I only used Mewtwo, Falco and Falcon but with Brawl I can play with at least half of the cast at a decent level.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Thank God you have a nice explanation for why you prefer Brawl, and you arent just some kid who says he only likes it for ike and/or metaknight. Thank you for being.... professional about it.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Thank God you have a nice explanation for why you prefer Brawl, and you arent just some kid who says he only likes it for ike and/or metaknight. Thank you for being.... professional about it.
Pleasure. :)

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
That pretty much sums up my feelings very well too. Though I think I may have played Melee when it first came out MUCH longer than with Brawl, at least I think that is how it went. The next installment needs some serious online and a ranking system for me to get really hooked on it, otherwise the experience plateaus after a while.

Now I only play Brawl when a tourny is in my area, and my Melee disc is so old... it... it didn't make it. .-_-.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
The gameplay is much easier for me to get into but there are more things left for me to discover. People often say that there isn't any technical things in Brawl, in which I disagree with, It may not have l cancelling and wavedashing but to me it makes up for the lack of that with DACUS, platform cancelling, glide tossing etc. Also I like to use lot of characters in fighters and Brawl did it well for me. In Melee I only used Mewtwo, Falco and Falcon but with Brawl I can play with at least half of the cast at a decent level.
Brawl actually does have L-canceling, obviously...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If Melee was a country, it would be America; better than everyone else at everything that matters.

Science, football, basketball, math, p***s size, weather, Pokémon, farming, and nuclear weapons.

Brawl doesn't belong in the same sentence as the America equivalent video game! :cool:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Are you being serious? I love melee but I'm not an americafag. America is definitely not the best at everything.

zmx

Smash Lord
I was a brawl player (comp.) but I can tell Melee is just a better competitive game.

I've seen a few melee videos and from what I gather the better player always tends to win and there's rarely any BS.

In brawl many top players use scrub tactics (smash spamming, excessive rolling, charging smashes, spot dodge spamming, fishing for kills etc.) don't get punished and end up winning.

This happens all the time at top level play. In other words it's almost as if you are rewarded for playing bad and dumb. Double fsmash shouldn't be a viable strategy at top level play.

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is fun to play casually and melee is fun to watch, play and learn.
64 is still the best overall.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If Melee was a country, it would be America; better than everyone else at everything that matters.

Science, football, basketball, math, p***s size, weather, Pokémon, farming, and nuclear weapons.

Brawl doesn't belong in the same sentence as the America equivalent video game! :cool:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
France, Hungary, Sudan and Canada and more all have bigger penis size on average than the US.

in fact, the US is generally on the smaller side than many countries.

http://www.targetmap.com/viewer.aspx?reportId=3073

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord

It's kind of funny how we drifted the topic from Melee to international **** size.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
in fact, the US is generally on the smaller side than many countries.
Bet this makes you all jealous of me. I'm rocking that 6" German breastwork. To bad you all have Texas hot dog specials. And everyone knows if it has the word "special" in it, it is pathetic.

Top Bottom