• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee is Back! QLD Revival. [Strictly Melee Only]

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
If you haven't realised we all 'like' Melee, but we don't 'omfg LOVE THE **** OUT OF IT', which is why we aren't doing anything about it, Anthony/Andy.
You're right, though, we (the people that aren't really 'helping' per se to 'revive' Melee) aren't really doing anything BECAUSE we don't care THAT much for it, I would imagine.
Melee isn't dead but I just don't see it coming back to the way it was, is what -I- was saying, however of course Melee can live but only really being in the shadow of Brawl.
At least for now.

Lol, Zac, Redact does have points to his posts, they're... to try and divert us from... reviving Melee? I don't see really 'why' he would do this but it's up to him.

Dave-y should live in QLD. <3
It's because he doesn't get enough attention at home... Or food.
Console FPS are really bad.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
im not trying to stop you from reviving melee, scene growth is awesome
but the fact you make a separate thread for this and make it "strictly melee only" is an attempt to split the scene as much as it is to revive it, you guys really shouldn't need to make another thread, just use brawl to help melee growth.
look at brawl like it is an assistance :p stick meets together and tourneys together so on

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
QFT ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But what I'm actually trying to do is make it its own game. Instead of being under massive Brawl shadow.
The Brisbane Bi-Monthly that me and Antho are working on will be mostly Melee. Melee Singles and Melee Doubles with Brawl Singles being the undercard. Im sorry but we need brawl in there as well because like it or not its the "IN" game at the moment with the larger fan base. And plus this could help bring more players to melee.

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
but the fact you make a separate thread for this and make it "strictly melee only" is an attempt to split the scene as much as it is to revive it, you guys really shouldn't need to make another thread, just use brawl to help melee growth.
look at brawl like it is an assistance :p stick meets together and tourneys together so on
Sort your life out before you sort the threads.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I heard there was some trollan topican goingan on somewhere.

Can anyone point me in the direction of "MY GOD MELEE MOANERS STOP MOANING" land?

Oh, but seriously, good for you guys for wanting to bring melee back, but you don't have to make it out like its something else other than YOUR FAULT for melee 'dying' in the first place.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
We're focussing more on Melee?
News to me.

We'll see either way.
I vaguely recall some conversation held ages ago about how the Gold Coast bi-monthlies were going to be Brawl singles, Brawl doubles, and Melee singles, but the Brisbane bi-monthlies were going to be Brawl singles, Melee singles, and Melee doubles. It sounded like a good plan to me.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
What Booker meant by focusing on Melee is..

That we are running Melee Singles + Melee Doubles + Brawl Singles at Brisbane bi-monthlies

at Gold Coast it is

Brawl Singles - Brawl Doubles - Melee Singles

so it really is 50/50

Sirias

Smash Champion
Exactly. c:

Lol, it's our fault?
It is. We all stopped playing at one point.
But it basically 'died' when Brawl came out, as opposed to being dormant.

Mm.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Melee is dead to those whining about Melee being dead. To me, it's still alive, and there are plans in place to keep it that way.

Surely this could be discussed in the QLD Smash (note: Smash, not one or the other) thread.

Otherwise, if you plan on making something of this thread.
For your OP:

Vyse
Mains: Fox, Sheik, Falco
Notes: I'm free almost every weekend for smash. Melee or otherwise.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
What Booker meant by focusing on Melee is..

That we are running Melee Singles + Melee Doubles + Brawl Singles at Brisbane bi-monthlies

at Gold Coast it is

Brawl Singles - Brawl Doubles - Melee Singles

so it really is 50/50
^^ Yeah thats what i was talking about vyse.

But i did ask that for this to happen we would require help from the TECH crew since they are the Brisbane bound crew who focus on Melee. And without these guys being apart of it There isnt going to be a whole lot of motivation to run 2 tournaments for melee.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well melee will die out some day, but today is not that day, CHARGE meleenites

i dont have a melee doubles partner =P i am not really good at it either o.o'

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Last time I checked, *****ing about us having a different thread had nothing to do with 'helping in the revival of Melee'. So the next time you want to criticise people on their posts, take a look at yours first.

And _X_, the fact that you're posting in this fail-thread about something that you're including yourself in is really very, very stupid.

I've got no intention on accomodating the ego of randy *** fcuks who come here to criticise on **** where they think people will laugh at their 'cool' comments or troll or what not. So the next time you make a smartass post and get a personal comeback that makes you cry, don't have a *****, realise that you shouldn't have posted in the first place and stop being a princess.

ON THE TOPIC: I miss Josh and his old place where we went to every week for a meet :( Good old days.

CAO's new motion on 4v4 crews somewhat replacing singles sounds super fun. Should incorporate it into tournaments so that the under-gifted in gaming might stand a chance in winning a few :)

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Last time I checked, *****ing about us having a different thread had nothing to do with 'helping in the revival of Melee'. So the next time you want to criticise people on their posts, take a look at yours first.
i posted exactly why you shouldn't have a separate thread, how you can use a single thread to help melee and other things you could do to help melee, this also explains my earlier posts too

i'd actually say ive done more already to help qld melee than qtr has! good work redact
gtr, please put more effort into insulting me than helping the scene, its the only logical thing to do yeah? i mean you haven't even told me i stink yet, nor have you made any other creative insults, im sure you can come up with something yeah?

King Kong

Smash Lord
ON THE TOPIC: I miss Josh and his old place where we went to every week for a meet :( Good old days.

QUOTE]

Josh has come to the conclusion that melee was more entertaining to play than brawl........... and will pick up his trusty orange controller and come along to whatever meet is happening that is not on a friday/saturday night

STOP HAVING MEETS ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so gonna learn how to play captain falcon this time around.

peace out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
It's that easy to insult you that it doesn't even require effort, you've even just pointed it out yourself. The whole point of this thread is so that Melee would be more focused instead of being so diluted in Brawl talk in the other thread. Has that ever came across to you? You haven't even 'helped' in the upbringing of Melee in QLD, all you've said was "growth is awesome" I really don't see how that comes across to you as helping. Have you ever thought that it was not "splitting the scene" but rather being organised so discussions aren't all over the place with Brawl people saying "I don't know much about Melee, but _________________."

How would making a seperate thread help Melee? It wouldn't be that hard to realise that details will be easier to find and organise. Much like how you would make a seperate thread for tournaments and what not. Never saw a rule that said "each state is only entitled to having one non-tournament related thread".

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
It's that easy to insult you that it doesn't even require effort, you've even just pointed it out yourself. The whole point of this thread is so that Melee would be more focused instead of being so diluted in Brawl talk in the other thread. Has that ever came across to you? You haven't even 'helped' in the upbringing of Melee in QLD, all you've said was "growth is awesome" I really don't see how that comes across to you as helping. Have you ever thought that it was not "splitting the scene" but rather being organised so discussions aren't all over the place with Brawl people saying "I don't know much about Melee, but _________________."

How would making a seperate thread help Melee? It wouldn't be that hard to realise that details will be easier to find and organise. Much like how you would make a seperate thread for tournaments and what not. Never saw a rule that said "each state is only entitled to having one non-tournament related thread".
finally a useful reply, but in the end i still do see it as a way to split the scene, like i know the consistent melb comparison isn't too helpful, but its the only direction i can approach from. imo having the threads together promotes the tournaments or events being in tandem rather than separate, like why have melee only or brawl only when you can have both together?

like we have brawl people being anti melee, but then thats where you work on them, and promote melee too them, use them as a way to help grow the scene too, the more the better right?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Because Brawl attracts fanboys, and Melee attracts competitive gamers.

It's two completely different games with merely the same concept.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
ionno there are some strong fanboys for mewtwo and roy XD
initially i got melee cause i had n64 smash bros... and i think brawl can be just as competitive, its just less technical =P (i am so optimistic XD)

Sirias

Smash Champion
I agree with Andy about the organisation that this slightly... promotes, so to say. Although I also agree with Phil and Antho and think that this really should just be put into the QLD Smash thread. If you haven't noticed, Andy, there are some things going on that are trying to help Melee along inside that thread, obviously not as much as Brawl but that's comparing it to the fanboy-ed game, nothing you can do about that.

Still, Melee was a lot better before, maybe back when more people played it? It's not so fun playing only Zac, but still better than playing him in Brawl or Halo (mainly because I'm too much better in Brawl and he's insanely 100x better than me at Halo). I sort of wonder, though, if Brawl hadn't been released yet, would Melee still be alive here? I think that if Brawl wasn't ANNOUNCED at all, then Melee would still be alive, but with the thought of Brawl coming out I think we sort of just stopped, thinking that Brawl would take over, even though we all said Brawl looked lame and Melee would live.

Melee is alive, by the way, and it definately won't die. The only thing that will happen will be that Melee will only be to those that used to play it and liked it, I think is as small as it will be. Maybe some of the people that prefer Brawl will defect but as far as I can see...
I think, though, Melee and Brawl aren't significantly different in QLD, since we barely play either (much less Melee, but not very much Brawl, at least not 'together' you know?). It'd be good to be able to go to Zac's or Ben's or even Andy's over and over again (and even Josh's even though I was only at his place once olololiullulu<3). Or Bob's, but he's moving further and further out, less likely for people to come, etc.

Ahh. Post is too long.
Bah.
Wubz. <3

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I TL:DR that whole thread, it's like reading through 4 pages to sort of grasp what is happening for Melee, and I have absolutely no interest in Brawl.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If you make a big Melee only tourney, I reckon people will start playing it more compeittively again. Plus I'd come too!

imo that's the only path melee can take if it wishes to become important again :)

people get lazy over those little meets - same thing for brawl too

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i agree with juggy

You really think taking a personal stab at someone over the internet makes you tough? You hardly know him and it has nothing to do with your fail-thread anyway, don't make things personal.

Play nice, we're all going to be in Sydney soon.
and you're nearly as lame as redact

Sieg

Smash Champion
How did I miss this thread?

Brawl took the manly out of Captain Falcon.

But you're right Juggy, we need the old TECH V WARD rivarly back, it's what made this game so fun to play.

Melee will always be the funner game in my books.

Please come back TECHians.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
there would be no hurt if people didn't flame in the first place, thats the whole point
you realise none of this actually effects me, i personally dont give a ****, i just find the flames you guys give literally funny, like i was lolling at gtrs posts and combos posts make me lol too
this is entertainment for me in the end if you guys keep going :3

Top Bottom