• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Melee, Hacks, and You -- New Hackers Start Here, in the OP!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Once you've inputted the texture data for texture numbers 33-37, you input the palette data for each of those textures, starting with texture 33, and ending at texture 37. Remember that for each palette, you MUST skip 1 line before inputting the next palette.

Again, Mario's eyes all use 256 color palettes, so you won't have to worry about using the subtraction tool in Hex Workshop.

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
i past in this offsets

33 - 000448a0 *
34 - 0004d8a0 *
35 - 000568a0 *
36 - 0005f8a0 *
37 - 000688a0 *

texture data(260 to finish of tpl)

and i paste in this offset 000718a0 the palette(20 to 21f) of 33
skip 1 line and paste the palette of 34
ect ect

and no appears the texture good :S

gabrielwoj

Smash Apprentice
Can someone help me!?
I asked on Page 152, the internet is lagg to go back, sorry!

RuKeN

Smash Journeyman
Thanks M&SG and Steelia, finally i can finish my texture ^^

Steelia, you can post a green costume of pikachu in your post of TPL Dumps??

Ghetto

Smash Cadet
Been gone for a while. I have a couple questions:

S. - Are there finished texture hacks for all colors of C. Falcon?

And is anyone still working on Roster reorganization? If not, where would that be found?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hey guys, I talked iwth one of the admins on Smashmods, and they are willing to let you guys have your own subforum on their website!

They want to know if someone is willing to blog about it on the front page (when you get to smashmods.com) or not.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I talked iwth one of the admins on Smashmods, and they are willing to let you guys have your own subforum on their website!

They want to know if someone is willing to blog about it on the front page (when you get to smashmods.com) or not.
That would be awesome IF the blogs where working :(.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Has anyone here tried to tackle expanding the ssm files in gcrebuilder before? As in, replacing each individual audio file inside an ssm with a longer file, so you can have longer audio for taunts, etc. Then making those files back into an ssm file and having it work.

Anyone have any experience/ideas? I've been thinking about it for a little while, and I'll probably tackle it in between one of my album projects.

edit - Sorry, didn't realize I was double posting. >_>

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Question: I wish to use Hex editor to replace training mode with the debug menu. What, specifically, do I need to do?

smakis

Smash Ace
what's the name of the ready...go! file? wanna replace it with something else =P

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i just started messing with texture hacks and i just got one to work after some trial and error. i want to know if i can make some of the polygons invisible like make a headless fox or something

also i'd like to know if i could make some asymmetric designs of of texture that mirror. like making one of pichu's eyes bigger than the other

and 1 more thing, i check my textures in dolphin but i don't want to have to unlock all the characters and stages by going through the game can someone give me the save data and tell me how to apply it please?

nuro

Smash Lord
Sorry for the delay. You guys kept emailing me about this and it's finally here.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Log:

1) You can safely add your own hacks to this ISO. All songs listed are 14:02 long and the same file so they are interchangeable.

2.) Some music for banned stages that SleepyK missed such as Onnet are now fixed. Other stages such as icicle mountain have had there music deleted to accommodate for space.

3.) Portraits still don't match 100%.

4.) Many newer hacks have been added such as Fox/Falco side-b colors, new stage textures, character textures, etc.

5.) Some music and bug fixes. Most of the annoying songs in the first edition have been edited or replaced.

6.) Bundled is a new Devil May Cry Sheik Red Texture that I made.

7.) Various other improvements have been made such as the intro being changed.

_ _ _ _ _ _

New Texture:
Devil May Cry Red Sheik

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?98vvcq8qxptp852 (Fix'd)

Other Screens:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

nube

Smash Apprentice
@smakis
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9458310&postcount=906

GAME - 00076280

@thedekunut

You're talking about model hacking. There has been progress in that field - not sure about the headless fox, but a stretched eye model is definitely possible. However, the topic seems to be kinda dead at the moment.
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=50312

As for the save file, get it (free) from gamefaqs. In Dolphin, open memcard manager, click <-delete, and click <-import .gci

@nuro

Thanks for the upload!

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
thanks nube and the reason i wanted to enlarge one of pichu's eyes is cause i was trying to make it like ICG's avatar but sadly i cant make the restraining jacket

smakis

Smash Ace
no

nr_name.ssm is a voice of locutor in char select screen

ready... go! is in IfAll.usd
actually he is correct, nr_name is the sound file for the ready go =)

after some lurking I managed to find both the nr_name and the ifall <3

new problem though, it seems im unable to create the tcs files, it keep responding with the file not having a palette =/, could you possibly send me the tcs files nube?

also for anyone interested, in order to make the dragonball ready go (and probably all others created for ntsc) useable in pal just check the hex data for the ifall.usd, look where it ends, open the ifall.ukd and delete everything AFTER the last hex you saw in the usd file

Frames

DI
hey nuro i downloaded ur melee 2.0 iso and it runs great i love it!

but for some reason the red sheik texture crashes my game everytime :( i think thats the devil may cry one not sure cuz it never loads lmao but yea is there anything i can do? red sheik is a pretty common character so i wanna get it fixed...if it was something like red game and watch i wouldnt care lol

even when i start as zelda and change it crashes so i guess theres something wrong when it tries to load the texture? idk

Gardevior

Smash Lord
hey nuro i downloaded ur melee 2.0 iso and it runs great i love it!

but for some reason the red sheik texture crashes my game everytime :( i think thats the devil may cry one not sure cuz it never loads lmao but yea is there anything i can do? red sheik is a pretty common character so i wanna get it fixed...if it was something like red game and watch i wouldnt care lol

even when i start as zelda and change it crashes so i guess theres something wrong when it tries to load the texture? idk
You can download GC Rebuilder and replace the PlSkRe.dat with the default red sheik, but that would require you to burn the disc again.

Zyx

Smash Journeyman
Hi !
I really want to make a new Yoshi Story texture, can someone (Steelia ?) upload the YS texture pack for me please ?
Thank you so much !

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
i second the above post and include the .tcs please it's the only thing i can't do myself thank you

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
check out my first hack. After having this thread in my favorites for months i finally started to read it on Friday and now this. also i had an English paper to write today so i thought i would do something more constructive with my time. sorry if this stretches the thread.

EDIT: I removed this version. another version is in my pack on page 169

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
sure but i plan to make it better in the near future and upload that, his boots aren't quite how i want them and the king kai symbol got stretched vertically a bit when it was mapped on the polygons i guess. Its pretty much solid.

if you think i could change it tell me im up for suggestions

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3FC7RTD3

Top Bottom