• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhese

Smash Master
I am going to post this here. My plans when it comes to getting TO fc were to ride with the dew crew. and I am still ironing out how to get to purdue. Purdue is like 3 hours away from me. SO what I am asking now is; is anyone going through/near fort wayne on their way to FC? If so; can I get a ride? I will pitch in for gas ofc. If not I will just try to get a trip to and from purdue from my mom I guess. Yeah thats right, real smashers get rides from their moms! <3 mom.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Couple of questions regarding registration:

--Do I need to register with my Smashboards tag or can I register with whatever I please? Starting to think "Vanilla Bryce" would look better in the grand scheme of things than "No one knows how to pronounce this convoluted inside joke from years ago."
--There's no reason I can't pay for someone else, right? A friend of mine is interested in going but won't have the $$$ for it until after August 1. I can use my card for him too, yes?
--I have a Wii and copies of Melee and Brawl, but do not have an SD card with P:M on it. Should I sign that up as a Gamecube, a Wii, or just not sign it up?
--If my doubles partner has to bail sometime after August 1 will I be able to try to find another one or resign myself to using a Level 9 computer? Similarly, if the guy whose ticket I'm possibly paying for has to bail out post-August 1, can I give his spot at the event to someone else?
1. It doesn't really matter if you even have a Smashboards tag.
2. Nope, not an issue.
3. We'll install the MELEE-FC version of Project:M on each system to ensure everyone is using the same version (2.1-FCstyle).
4. Teammates can be flexible up until the day of. We'll only post singles pools ahead of time.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
So it's looking like I'll be arriving at South Bend Regional Airport at around 7:30pm (greyhound) on Saturday and looking at your guyz'z public transit on Saturday evenings, it's... non existent. So, who feels like giving a couple canucks a ride from the airport? Or perhaps are there others greyhoooonding in from Chicago at the same time who may have some sort of rides arranged? Eh?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i'll team with abu or SB if either of you guys still want a teammate
I think I found out Monday if I need a teammate, if you can wait til then I can tell you whether or not I can team with ya =P

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Do you have to stay at the hotel to attend this tournament, or can you leave and come back each separate day? If I'm able to attend (hopefully, I can!), this will be my first (inter)national tourney, so I'm not quite sure how that whole part works. My group is from Kalamazoo, MI, about an hour-long drive from South Bend, so we were thinking of just driving there and back each day.

I apologize if this question gets asked a lot or is silly, but I haven't been able to locate this info yet.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Bought my tickets.

Flying into Chicago, is there room in someone's car there and back I can tag along with or will I have to take the bus?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Can we please do PM teams instead of 64 teams?

I had to pay for 64 teams due to the nature of the package and I'd much rather do PM teams.
Yo hbox team with me for 64

we'll win because no one else is showing for 64 (maybe like gio... in other words, it's free), and the way it's set up it looks like there might be a goodly number of teams entrants in 64 (far more than melee). So there's a little money in it for you and fanboy gratification for me. What say you?

of course if they do end up doing P:M teams that's that lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope lots of people are registering this week, considering registration closes Wednesday.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I don't mean to sound ignorant but isn't the 12th - 14th a Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday event? I didn't bother with reading through a million pages of text to understand the reasoning behind this. I'm still registering but I'm just wondering.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Venue costs were like half as much as they would have been had it been a Friday Saturday Sunday tourney, which would have made the entry fee something like $120 or something which was not doable

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Venue costs were like half as much as they would have been had it been a Friday Saturday Sunday tourney, which would have made the entry fee something like $120 or something which was not doable
I see. I figured as much. It just came as a shock to me when I was putting in for time off lol.

BIG C

Smash Master
My list of johnz for not coming.

1. No job
2. No money
3. I would be thrown out for saying ****
4. New school smashers suck and get butthurt over everything
5. If it ain't at the church it ain't FC

sorry guys can't make it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator