• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i don't see a problem with running brawl if it has an attendance cap at like 128 or something. just can't be sapping setups from melee.

Or uses one of Kish's NO JOHNS rulesets for it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sapping setups from Melee? An attendance cap? Are you ****ing kidding me? Really?

Goddamn. I plan to attend this either way, because I love both communities (the whole community). I hope they can cater fairly to all smash games. Let the people who show up determine caps and ****.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
the kishes will know whats best for the community. Let them rock and let them run the event as they see fit

Kage - no worries apex will be better than last year...but thats for another thread homie.

sucks that some people will be in Japan for SRT around this time for brawl :(

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sapping setups from Melee? An attendance cap? Are you ****ing kidding me? Really?

Goddamn. I plan to attend this either way, because I love both communities (the whole community). I hope they can cater fairly to all smash games. Let the people who show up determine caps and ****.
There was a cap for Smash 64 at Apex. How do you think the 64 players felt...?

and rest assured I'll be there. we're just voicing our concerns after attending more nationals than most brawl players and seeing what running two games does to the ability to run each tourney and time for friendlies. apex day 2 was a joke for example.

Tink

Smash Hero
its because the MW never lost its awesomeness.

also, another concern is stream management.....either community would throw a ****fit if their game wasnt streamed, but the whole weekend is gonna have alottt of really hyped matches that ppl are gonna wanna see...splitting that is gonna make alot of ppl mad ://...and running 2, the melee community doesnt seem to be up to that standard :/. maybe for Fc we should try!

other thing, i thought FC was run so greatly, in part, due to the manyyyy dedicated staff....if they end up doing brawl, staffs gonna be HIGH at this event heh.

another idea, would u guys, kishes, be up for making some circuit events for this at all? i figure we could raise venue for each event in the MW, once a month, for a pot bonus, and give winners of events, free entry for winning. jusss spitballing some ideas, since its needs to be done soon 0_0.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
If Brawl is present, maybe having it split apart from Melee like at Pound IV would be a good idea.

Not a big fan of being around Brawl or it's players...

/2centsfromrandomdude

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
As much as I love Melee, I think we do need to cater equally to everyone. 64, Melee, Brawl, and P:M. While some of the games might not be cool (like Brawl), the people who play them are. Besides, everyone has a right to play the game of their choice. What gives us the right to restrict them?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the TO can do whatever he wishes, and if his target audience doesn't want a certain game at an event it can be to his advantage to cater to that. business, man.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Come on, I was trying to get some cool political/ethical/moral discussion going on here. You just ruined it. I even snuck P:M in to try to get them to have that here.

Tink

Smash Hero
well, it also matters on the venue and stuff too...i mean, we all wanted the old FC place, but if it was there, there would be nooo way to fit the almost 600+ ppl that will be coming for both heh. i assume with the hotel, this shouldnt be a problem, but never knoww :/.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Oh, awesome. Now I really want to come to this. It's happening right when freshman orientation takes place, though.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I would just suggest that people wait for more details and leave it at that. :p

If you're unhappy once things get posted up, feel free to voice it then. Until then, not much point in arguing.

Watty

Smash Lord
Wait i didnt read the message, kage i will mess you up standing or on the ground. pick your poison son

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Australian accents are stupid. Besides, I have a New Zealand accent, so I'm good. Also, I don't think there are any nice girls at the university I'm going to, because as far as I know there are no female Melee players.

KishPrime

BRoomer
I just want to note that this thread has over 5,500 views and 250 posts in 24 hours.

lolol...good job old folk.

Just wait till we actually post some details.

Wife

Smash Lord

You can host the tournament in a different venue, but I'll still go sleep in the church every night.

KishPrime

BRoomer
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WIFE. I was waiting for the exact minute when Team Ben would enter.

I don't know what an old-school style birthday party is. But I have an idea for dodgeball.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
That's not fair. I've been following this thread all day, slowly hand crafting the finest post I can: a quality post that lives up to the high standard that Team Ben brand posting has been known for. And then Wife of all people comes in and steals all the thunder.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So much nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom