• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Diamond Vids - 9/26/07 - ALL vids up!

Volrec

Smash Lord
the creepiest thing is that during Dashizwiz vs Pc Chris, he put on the black suit. he also started forward b'ing more. who else uses teh black suit and forward b's alot?

forward.

hinting at a tribute to forward?

or, I'm just being stupid

I love lamp

Smash Apprentice
The link on the first page wont click for me, could someone be nice enough to just repost the link to youtube its on of the crew battle in a post real fast plz.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
EC vs MW is done and will be up shortly. Part 1 will be up within the hour. Part 2 should be finished uploading by 3 AM, EST.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Shiz is crazy good old skool BS style. No Smiles on south team makes me sad =(
Good **** Xelic and Xif though. I hadn't even heard of Xif but keep it up want to see more of you.
Linguini and Nite also had nice ****.
What was with the Cave and Col Bol choking =(
DoH aerialing fox's shield then doing a smash attack doesn't work unless they're nubs... heck it gets peach punished against multiple chars.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
DOH sucks balls.. he's a terrible player and a captain
How classy of you XiF. Instead of voicing your criticisms in a constructive manner at the tournament or even to me once the tournament was over in private, you come up with this.

The only reason I even considered myself to be in contention for a spot once we got to FC was because DaShizWiz suggested it after our pool set. I really didn't want to since I thought there were better players (and last year I didn't feel that all valuable in crews), but in our discussions with Florida during the regular crew battles (in which you were present) Shiz pushed for me to be on the team and I went along with him, because as a top tier player with a different perspective I valued his judgement over mine. I thought that the team could have used my abilities, and obviously I was wrong. In retrospect I should have put shiz in vs. Chillin instead of myself, but I relied on past precedent and thought that if I counterpicked Mute City, chillin would go JIgglypuff like he did last year (he was so confident in his puff he was moneymatching people that weren't like chu/pc/m2k/drephen), and even if he didn't switch I thought I could handle it. I admit it, I made a mistake and I was wrong, and it cost us precious stock. But in the end, Chillin is an incredibly solid player, and at 9 am when I haven't played at all that day (since while all you guys were warming up I was running around making sure we had enough players concious to compete) I was obviously not playing anywhere near my best level, and it's incredibly blatant if you watch the crew matches. I even told smiles that he would be taking my spot vs West Coast when we played them, since as a starter I had to play in 2 crew matches, but unfortuanetly we never did. Admittedly I sucked it up vs Darkrain as well, but we still managed to pull that crew battle out, thanks to fantastic efforts on Nite and Linguini's parts. Instead of tearing down your captain, why don't you focus on the more positive aspects, like supporting your fellow crew mates?

Also, if I'm a terrible player and I beat you in every match we played (even if it was only 2), what does that make you? And, since regional crews aren't really for money, their weight is essentially reduced to the value of a friendly. So either your criticism has full value because crew battles are worth something they're not (which would make our friendlies have the same weight, and if you're calling me terrible and you lose to me in a match that has some significance behind it - do you see where I'm going with this?), or our friendlies (as well as the importance of crews, as per the lack of any monetary value on the line) are basically meaningless because they lack the external pressure of actual tournament play.

Anyway.

I had a good time and I hope that my set vs. G-regulate is up soon, because it's pretty sexy as well as entertaining.

I mean, there's like a quintuple knee combo from g-reg and I think I forward tilt into a chain throw. What more could you ask for?

<3s all around, especially everyone from Florida who I met and were nice (Rock/QDVS/Linguini/Shiz/SpeedN/ColBol)

And vidjo because he's the coolest guy ever and I'm like his only fan. lawlz

Volrec

Smash Lord
How classy of you XiF. Instead of voicing your criticisms in a constructive manner at the tournament or even to me once the tournament was over in private, you come up with this.

The only reason I even considered myself to be in contention for a spot once we got to FC was because DaShizWiz suggested it after our pool set. I really didn't want to since I thought there were better players (and last year I didn't feel that all valuable in crews), but in our discussions with Florida during the regular crew battles (in which you were present) Shiz pushed for me to be on the team and I went along with him, because as a top tier player with a different perspective I valued his judgement over mine. I thought that the team could have used my abilities, and obviously I was wrong. In retrospect I should have put shiz in vs. Chillin instead of myself, but I relied on past precedent and thought that if I counterpicked Mute City, chillin would go JIgglypuff like he did last year (he was so confident in his puff he was moneymatching people that weren't like chu/pc/m2k/drephen), and even if he didn't switch I thought I could handle it. I admit it, I made a mistake and I was wrong, and it cost us precious stock. But in the end, Chillin is an incredibly solid player, and at 9 am when I haven't played at all that day (since while all you guys were warming up I was running around making sure we had enough players concious to compete) I was obviously not playing anywhere near my best level, and it's incredibly blatant if you watch the crew matches. I even told smiles that he would be taking my spot vs West Coast when we played them, since as a starter I had to play in 2 crew matches, but unfortuanetly we never did. Admittedly I sucked it up vs Darkrain as well, but we still managed to pull that crew battle out, thanks to fantastic efforts on Nite and Linguini's parts. Instead of tearing down your captain, why don't you focus on the more positive aspects, like supporting your fellow crew mates?

Also, if I'm a terrible player and I beat you in every match we played (even if it was only 2), what does that make you? And, since regional crews aren't really for money, their weight is essentially reduced to the value of a friendly. So either your criticism has full value because crew battles are worth something they're not (which would make our friendlies have the same weight, and if you're calling me terrible and you lose to me in a match that has some significance behind it - do you see where I'm going with this?), or our friendlies (as well as the importance of crews, as per the lack of any monetary value on the line) are basically meaningless because they lack the external pressure of actual tournament play.

Anyway.

I had a good time and I hope that my set vs. G-regulate is up soon, because it's pretty sexy as well as entertaining.

I mean, there's like a quintuple knee combo from g-reg and I think I forward tilt into a chain throw. What more could you ask for?

<3s all around, especially everyone from Florida who I met and were nice (Rock/QDVS/Linguini/Shiz/SpeedN/ColBol)

And vidjo because he's the coolest guy ever and I'm like his only fan. lawlz
Five knees? In a row? You best not be lying, DoH.

JFox

Smash Hero
My heart goes out to Linguini. Your Ganondorf was amazing in both crew battles. Against M2k you managed to keep on pace and even knock his stock out before he did yours, giving you a positive stock count against arguably the best player in the world. Than you handled Plank best you could considering it is Sheik. And lastly you ***** the face off of Dope, and clutched the victory for the South.

I don't even know you, but I'm now a fan.

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
i thought...the crew matches were recorded with a camera that picked up audience reactions? or was that someone else?

Nite

Smash Champion
Capps Indigo was the one recording with an actual camera. Not sure if he's gonna upload those sometime or not.

And yes, Linguini *****.

TGM

Smash Lord
Man, do people hate the Dirty Souf? DoH did what he could as best as he could. No need to bash him.

TGM

Smash Lord
from what i understand, caveman was forced to pick fox on M2K............why? chu got to switch from IC to Pika..............

Caveman is 2nd best in Tx, and he got trashed.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
lambchops, u just sorta comes off as an ***. Nothing personal, but you sorta seem oblivious to other people. You stand right in front of people as they're watching a match, you hog the TV with other good players, and don't let other people get in more than 1 match.

You were playing against some fox guy like 20x...and EighteenSpikes(the doc guy) was patiently waiting for a match...he finally managed to get on, did really good- only got 1 stocked, but the first nano second the match ended, you closed his character, picked falco and hit start before anybody could do anything and began another 20 or so matches. You make a strong impression that u rather not waste the TVs time with "lesser" players. Or like..u just don't have respect for people who aren't "pro" But thats just the impression you give off (and its not just me)...but maybe i'm wrong.

The other florida guys say "yea..but you really have to know him. he's not that bad. he's pretty funny" but w/e...heck, when u slipped in the coke with your flipflops that was pretty funny and you were real cool about it. I don't have anything against you, honestly...and i was glad to meet the other FL guys again and meet new ones. Exarch is awesome.

pockyD

Smash Legend
from what i understand, caveman was forced to pick fox on M2K............why? chu got to switch from IC to Pika..............
chu got to switch because his opponent counterpicked stage

caveman had to play fox because that's what DoH wrote down for him before the crew battle

that's just some topnotch captaining right there, along with putting in xif vs m2k :(

Top Bottom