• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
If that japanese myth is true. Then we'd need to have a spirit bomb ready of at Least 20K, cause he's going to go to 50K. That is if that was ture

El Duderino

Smash Ace
If they were actually confident in their funds, these ST donators would have saved this for tomorrow.

They are doing it now in the hopes of getting the rest of the FGC onboard to carry it the rest of the way.

Shawn101589

Smash Journeyman
Everyone shut the **** up. If they win, they win. It's not up to us to worry about where the money came from. The rules are clearly written.

We still have money to drop. Whether it will be enough remains to be seen, but we are still gonna do everything in our power to step it up.

Scythe

Smash Master
this is so ****ed up lol

gonna be mad salty when the ST event gets like 70 entrants

BrandX

Smash Ace
Welp...they passed us both...in one day...

I'm just, surprised. Oh well.

At least Project M and SkullGirls will forever be my loves.

I think ST just got pissed at us for being ahead of them.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Yeah he's being a girl talking like we're in some kind of weird mutual friendship here.

Then Skullgirls loses and we all go "lol **** Skullgirls".
Well, I still feel you hate me lol

I'll be fine though. I am impressed now more then shocked by ST lol

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
I think our best option at this point is to ask Mr. Wizard to decide results based on number of unique donations rather than total amount ._.

...Or just pray for that spirit bomb.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Are you ****ing serious

Does anybody get the idea that this was semi-rigged from the start and that they never really intended to give Melee/Skullgirls/anything a chance at that eighth slot and had people willing to shut us out

wtfffffffff

Like okay, I know it's all for breast cancer research, but that doesn't make it... like... you can do something that has net positive results but it can still be evil if the motive was evil...

I'm way too salty about this, given that over 100k has been raised for breast cancer research, but gfuhhhhhhhhhh

Life

Smash Hero
I'm serious about genesis.

Straight up, if Boback goes over to Skullgirls' people and says "you give us your spirit bomb money and we'll host a big tournament for you at Genesis", SG is guaranteed exactly what it wants from EVO while Smash actually has a shot at keeping up with ST.

It's the best shot for both of us.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Are you ****ing serious

Does anybody get the idea that this was semi-rigged from the start and that they never really intended to give Melee/Skullgirls/anything a chance at that eighth slot and had people willing to shut us out

wtfffffffff

Like okay, I know it's all for breast cancer research, but that doesn't make it... like... you can do something that has net positive results but it can still be evil if the motive was evil...

I'm way too salty about this, given that over 100k has been raised for breast cancer research, but gfuhhhhhhhhhh
Or maybe people that are all finished school and working good jobs have money and are the age group that likes ST.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I'm serious about genesis.

Straight up, if Boback goes over to Skullgirls' people and says "you give us your spirit bomb money and we'll host a big tournament for you at Genesis", SG is guaranteed exactly what it wants from EVO while Smash actually has a shot at keeping up with ST.

It's the best shot for both of us.
Commence the negotiations, lol

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hearing rumors that ST rich people are going to donate up to $50k in order to get it in.

Which means we need to raise like $25k to even have a shot at EVO after ST side-donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom