• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee and Brawl @ TFNS Downtown Toronto

Dice01

Smash Rookie
Hey Whats up everybody

Im going to introduce myself my name is Alex call me Dice if you please. Some of you may know me from the Street Fighter community (shouts outs to Tameka, Charles C3, Bernard, Osman Minus and Swiss beats). If you havent already been aware I opened up a gaming center called TFNS (Toronto Fight nigh Series) located @ 1444 Dupont St. Unit 15, Toronto On M6P 4H3.

We've had a pretty successful first couple of months with Super Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur and soon to come Blaze Blue. But we haven't gotten all the games covered, we were missing a little smash brothers in our life. Anyways with that being said, this location is in a massive studio warehouse that can hold 200 plus no problem. We are currently planning to hold a brawl melee tournament very soon and for this we needed the communities input on how standard smash brothers tournaments run (e.g. type of Tv/monitors, console, specific controllers etc). We are also in the middle of running streams which will soon be done.

Please leave your feedback so we can take it all in and provide the scene with high quality tournaments.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
That's nice to know, the rest of the Brawl community in GTA will do the talking but I'll just add this.
The main problem is really advertising to gather some new people for brawl. Toronto can easily get 50 people and more if everyone is aware.

I.B

Smash Lord
Sounds legit. For Melee tourneys we tend to avoid plasma/lcd tv's like the plague - so it's strictly CRT (tube) tv's. Console-wise, we're fine with either GC's or Wii's. BYOC is the general consensus as well.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I 100% support this, myself and Tameka will be looking to host Brawl and Melee events here, and Brawl+ if setup support is strong.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
We are currently planning to hold a brawl melee tournament very soon and for this we needed the communities input on how standard smash brothers tournaments run (e.g. type of Tv/monitors, console, specific controllers etc). We are also in the middle of running streams which will soon be done.

Please leave your feedback so we can take it all in and provide the scene with high quality tournaments.
I am very interested in this opportunity and would like to host a Brawl event here. With Brawl & Melee, avoid LCD or Plasma TV's due to Lag. Use Wii's for Brawl (obv), Wii or Gamecube for melee, any controller is allowed, mostly gonna see Gamecube controllers for both brawl and melee, but for Brawl, Wiimote & Nunchuck isn't a rare sight, so expect those, Try to get as many setups as possible, there are never too many, the more the merrier.

I can help Advertise and host a brawl event, and even brawl+. If we could talk more, that would be great. Hopefully something can be done before the end of this month.

sauc3

Smash Lord
I can help Advertise and host a brawl event, and even brawl+.
i think they want the tournament to finish

osnap!

p.s. im in a satly mood as i recently had awesome (the noun) offered and taken away in less than 5 minutes.

btw the way, capturing setups are always good, to record semi's and finals and upload them to youtube.

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys =D
so some things have been confirmed on our end; Brawl and Melee will be run for sure as for Brawl+ we're still looking into it. Secondly we're shooting to have a tournament on the 21st and 22nd of august and a thread will be posted within the next 2 days. Also, prior to the weekend of the 21st, we will be attempting to hold a series of casual and friendly events. This way we can get everyone familiar with the venue and a chance to utilize it as well. So, for now if you guys have any questions please let myself or tyrantwolf know. thx guys ^_^

Sanu

Smash Champion
i think they want the tournament to finish

osnap!

p.s. im in a satly mood as i recently had awesome (the noun) offered and taken away in less than 5 minutes.

btw the way, capturing setups are always good, to record semi's and finals and upload them to youtube.
if you really want the spot that badly you'd have to bug imadh!! maybe he'd be willing to give it up? i doubt it but anything is possible

you have a guaranteed spot for ss4, that make it any better? haha

5ive

Smash Champion
Hey Whats up everybody

Im going to introduce myself my name is Alex call me Dice if you please. Some of you may know me from the Street Fighter community (shouts outs to Tameka, Charles C3, Bernard, Osman Minus and Swiss beats). If you havent already been aware I opened up a gaming center called TFNS (Toronto Fight nigh Series) located @ 1444 Dupont St. Unit 15, Toronto On M6P 4H3.

We've had a pretty successful first couple of months with Super Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur and soon to come Blaze Blue. But we haven't gotten all the games covered, we were missing a little smash brothers in our life. Anyways with that being said, this location is in a massive studio warehouse that can hold 200 plus no problem. We are currently planning to hold a brawl melee tournament very soon and for this we needed the communities input on how standard smash brothers tournaments run (e.g. type of Tv/monitors, console, specific controllers etc). We are also in the middle of running streams which will soon be done.

HE GAVE A SHOUTOUT TO SWIZZ BEATS LMAO caps

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
Hey Whats up everybody

done me, yea its a nice warehouse big and has a lotta room. im down for ssf4 and blazblue cause im pro with jin cause im ganksta. wut

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Hey guys =D
so some things have been confirmed on our end; Brawl and Melee will be run for sure as for Brawl+ we're still looking into it. Secondly we're shooting to have a tournament on the 21st and 22nd of august and a thread will be posted within the next 2 days. Also, prior to the weekend of the 21st, we will be attempting to hold a series of casual and friendly events. This way we can get everyone familiar with the venue and a chance to utilize it as well. So, for now if you guys have any questions please let myself or tyrantwolf know. thx guys ^_^
there already is a brawl tournament that weekend in Ontario (Ingersoll). Perhaps do one hopefully earlier. The weekend after is Fan expo, and the prizes there are more **** then u can ever imagine so thats also a bad date. I recommend earlier date.

Dice01

Smash Rookie
Sounds legit. For Melee tourneys we tend to avoid plasma/lcd tv's like the plague - so it's strictly CRT (tube) tv's. Console-wise, we're fine with either GC's or Wii's. BYOC is the general consensus as well.
So the entire scene runs on CRT's wow you guys dont play when it comes to lag.
I 100% support this, myself and Tameka will be looking to host Brawl and Melee events here, and Brawl+ if setup support is strong.
Yo is this Jamal aka Zex's bro !!?!??!??!!

host a tourney before apex =D
Dude I want to get one done asap

done me, yea its a nice warehouse big and has a lotta room. im down for ssf4 and blazblue cause im pro with jin cause im ganksta. wut
I hope its better than your Ryu son ! lol

Ok Well atm we only have LCD monitors, for the time being I would ask the community if its ok for you guys to bring the equipment on tournament days because we werent aware CRT's were still being used.

But yea the 21st is still reserved for the tournament date. Ingersol is 2 hours away just by driving, I can't warrant a tournament 2 hours away as a means to really stop our tournament date. But I guess I'll leave that to you guys to decide for now. Keep em ccomming

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok Well atm we only have LCD monitors, for the time being I would ask the community if its ok for you guys to bring the equipment on tournament days because we werent aware CRT's were still being used.

But yea the 21st is still reserved for the tournament date. Ingersol is 2 hours away just by driving, I can't warrant a tournament 2 hours away as a means to really stop our tournament date. But I guess I'll leave that to you guys to decide for now. Keep em ccomming
yeah, we are used to brining our own setups, we normally rent venues and run our own tourneys ut this opporotunity seems very promising, hopefully u can provide more TV's and Wii's in the near future for bigger and better tourney (possible major tourney with a 200 man cap venue :o)

it sucks 21st is the earliest u can get it done, please try as hard as possible to get one done earlier. If not, 21st is fine, however the ingersoll tourney may cut attendance (we can lose hamilton, guelph, london, chatham people).

Tin Man

Smash Hero
This sucks for patches, and if anything, if it is on the 21st, yall don't have to be pressured into doing brawl+ since there is going to be a Brawl+ only tourney like the week before lol.

5ive

Smash Champion
This sucks for patches, and if anything, if it is on the 21st, yall don't have to be pressured into doing brawl+ since there is going to be a Brawl+ only tourney like the week before lol.
There probably won't, if you're talking about fizz.

Dice01

Smash Rookie
I have nothing but love for Windsor man lol

Ok so guys This coming Friday or Saturday we can host casuals for you guys. Only $5 either day is good come for both if you want. Are any of you guys interested?

And also the 21st is still good but the 17th we got nothing planned either if most of you feel more comfortable to do it then Im definitely down !

P.s. I need an Avatar with medanight getting decapitated cuz i hate him with a passion. if someone can provide this Ill buy you a drink :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
you mean the 17th of august, the TUESDAY?!? O.o

Also, if you can host casuals, why not just do a tourney, $5 venue, $10 entry fee for singles & doubles. That way Toronto Joe can get it inb4Apex

.Marik

is a social misfit
"The world doesn't stop and go on your command!!"

Cookie for anyone who knows that reference.
I wouldn't suggest pissing me off right now.

On another related note, he personally asked us what dates would be good. Take it up with him.

Regarding the first date, it's also on a Tuesday, which stops a lot of us from coming.

Yes, it was a bad post, but do I have to dumb everything down for our region?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
P.s. I need an Avatar with medanight getting decapitated cuz i hate him with a passion. if someone can provide this Ill buy you a drink :)
How do you decapitate something that is essentially just a head? Do you clip his wings or.... ??? I mean you could remove the limbs but then it's more of an amputation than a decapitation....

:dizzy:

Cruxis

Smash Lord
how about an MK ban for the tourney my friend :D

keep things a little interesting in this dying scene

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Alex I think we're going to make our Melee biweeklies coincide with the TFNS fight night scehdule. Right now TFNS and Melee nights are alternating back and forth.

Did something happen this weekend at Lansdowne?

(if so who won SF?)

Top Bottom