• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne - Comrades 2 Videos are up

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Well it’s 8am in the morning and what better way to start the day then to type some much deserved shout outs for you guys.

Firstly I would like to thank Loki for letting us use the venue, he wants a bigger scene and a bigger scene he will hopefully get. Let’s make sure that we all go to couch warriors and thank him properly. He will like that.

Now to the shout outs, prepare to be amazed and humouredly humored.

Ken: I was originally going to put you a bit down the list, but I was scared you might not read that much into my beautifully put together wondrous piece of shout out action. You came first and like most of the Australians you added something we could not. I had my doubts at first, but after talking to you about a lot of things, you turned out to be a nice guy. I hope you can return to Australia some time, just for fun and nothing at all smash related. We will all be watching your matches and rooting for you. Make sure you talk us Australians up even if it is a false impression.

Oni:

Jaz: Thanks for teaming up with me Jazz, you’re a kirbster beast. We were close to bringing in a bit of cash too. I’ll try to house you next time seeing that the hostel’s air was filthy, and only having one television to play on, must have been a poor experience. I had heaps of fun playing your Link, and captain falcon. I missed out on playing Kirby. Thanks for coming down again and again, hope to see you again, lol I’m certain, I most definitely will. Everyone’s looking forward to your shout outs, make us proud.

Caotic: Your peach is quite the cheeky one, quite sneaky and especially cheap. You did well against Ken’s game and watch. Good job, you came second too which is only fair I guess, seeing that you put a lot of effort into running the **** thing.

Sam: I did not get to play your Ness, but there’s always next time. Thanks for helping with organising the event. Thanks for bringing Melty Blood. Thanks for being Sam.

Fweddo: Thanks for driving everyone everywhere, to and from the venue and so on. Food was a nice addition as well. Thanks for allowing Adam and I to stay the night. You 17 stocked Sydney, your fox is walking the path of Moses, my friend.

Adam: I did not get to play you Adam, nor did I get to talk to you at comrades. Thanks for coming. We spent time at freddo’s together, so all is well.

Jon: It was good seeing you again. You’re another key tournament player, adding heaps of humorous value and making smash fun. Sorry about taking the ***** joke too far, which was very uncalled for. My friend says the word like there’s no tomorrow, and I used it in the wrong context. Bad lack on the crew’s man, you were screwed over by the sounds of it. Hope to see you again in the future.

Shaz: I’m sure you enjoyed my special invisibility *******ly type ninja powers on Kongo Jungle. You made it LOUD and especially clear that you disapproved, I could not agree more. Not to mention a random shoe flying my way after you attempted to up b shannanigan one of the New Zealanders interfering with my single match, resulting in damage to your own balls. It’s not a tournament without ya Shaz. We will go do some free running again, sometime. Good show indeed.

To the New Zealand Dudes: I can’t remember your exact names, but I remember the characters that you played. I only got to play against Young Link and Jiggglypuff, and it was tough. Thanks for providing valuable lessons not learnt from playing the many top tier whores.

Mikul: We played a couple of matches, we did not get to play in the tournament. You’re another key player that makes up the scene. I hope you managed to get home in the end. Fill us in next time I see you in regards to sneaking in the hostel. You ran into one nasty cheap Kirby, didn’t ya?

LemonmanX: Your Roy has improved heaps, your game with Sam was close. Bad luck with not being able to get home, I was not in any power to help you either. I missed the last train as well, but Freddo rescued me. You will tell us about the night at the hostel, yeah?

King Kong: We got up early mate, and I said we would be tired and by the end of it, and we were. Thanks for providing the many joyful smash matches so early in the morning. We never ever get to play each other, so it was a smart decision. Your donkey Kong is awesome. If you ever stop playing smash I will hunt you down and most obviously force you to keep playing.

Sloth: Ice climbers and now fox, man you’re too much. I heard you had a few difficulties with your game. I guarantee you that it was the disgusting bread’s fault. (Adam: Go to Baker’s Delight next time you n00b.) I warned everyone did I not? You deserved to get to finals, but you missed out. I wanted to play you some more too. Please use you’re Planet powers and visit me sometime.

Citrussed: Keep playing Kirby, Grats to owning Mikul. Well done buddy, hope to see you again. Keep practicing.

Accelerate: Great Samus mate, very dirty. Our match was close but you won both in the end. I regret choosing link and not Doctor Mario. I’ll get you next time. Well done with your placing in teams. Go back to QLD and **** Syke!

Moogleman: I exchanged a few words with you, watched a couple of your matches in secret too. Did not play you, but fear not you live in Melbourne my friend, the capital of smash in Australia. Keep training hard and dream only of smash.

Redact: Talked to you quite frequently, you have been showing up a lot to current smash meets. You’re another friendly guy, who’s easy to get along with. Another guy I did not play, but like Moogleman I suggest you just keep at it. See you next time, your games coming along.

Strider: Did not see you in action yesterday, but I remember you told me you did badly. I suffered the same thing and still do. I want something so badly, that nerves over come you and you play badly. Resulting in a game where you know you’re not at your best. Keep training with your crew, and listen to Red X. I can give you some link pointers, if you ever want some.

Red X: You and strider keep at it. I heard you did well in crews. Not sure where you ranked. I remember talking to you, just can’t recall to what you exactly said. Hope to see you again at a future meet; you’re a Melbourne dude so it’s easy.

CATS: Thanks for cheering me on at times, was appreciated. I’m happy you also observed the queerness and mental ejaculation of that of Baki The Grapler. See you in the future. Watch more Baki The Grapler, I’m telling you that’s stuff is golden. Cheap but strangely addicting.

Pat: Well done in taking out Cats out, keep working on your Pikachu.
We did not get to play any matches at all, which sucked. I want to come up to Sydney and play you guys some time.

Niven: Thanks for coming all the way from bloody Perth. Do spread good word of my doctor. Your fox was good. I’ve just played Fox 6 million times frequently before hand.

Oni: Thought I missed you hey? Well here’s your shout out!
You suck; I was expecting a much better result from you. You disgust me. Just joking, you like jokes, you jokester! All that training we did together pal, finally paid off. I’m happy that you’re happy about your result. I apologize for not getting around to playing a game with you.

That about sums it all up. If I missed anyone, I apologise. I myself had a really good time.

Thanks to Freddo for proofreading my work so it’s acceptable by Shaz’s standards since he’s a spelling Nazi.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry I didn't end up being able to make it : (

One less noob at comrades at least xD

It sounds like you all had fun and the event went well though, which is great n__n <3

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Loki - thanks for the venue and beating up Sam at MB :) (he's too cocky even though he sucks at best :D)
Caotique! - Thanks for another cool tourney! We all appreciate the effort you've put in for us and it very very likely will no longer be a scene without your constant efforts. You're a champ! Peach is cheap lol.
Jon - Manly is the word that comes to mind. I insist you make an effort to enlarge the thrusticles of all bois via ooOOOoooOohage. Good to see you can still fairly trade blows with everyone working so hard these days. Only problem was you used Gdorf so you couldn't blame you're deaths on "thought I was ganondorf" :D
Cats - Baaaastard! It was good to have you around before and after the tourney - though during it I wish you landed more cheaps on KOs Peach. Good stuff using Pika as often as you did. Don't use Peach against my Fox please it's boring to vs cheap rather than baaastardry.
Syrick - Ta for making the effort this time around and ditching WoW for the manly event of snaking in the manly car. I didn't get to see you play much, nor play with you either....sorry about that, but I hope you enjoyed yourself anyway.
Adam - Good to see you made it despite the lack of sleep. Glad you made it, and thanks for the bakery spoils!
Mark - You're a tool lol. It's fun to watch you try be funny and usually succeed....then you sometimes dig a little too deep, realise it, and start ticking away to find the right words to get out of it haha....you're a champ bud - With the aid of your invisibility cloak and 'gorilla' jungle warfare you almost became the only one to blemish my path to Ken :p I hope you learned a little more about pressure and performance, and also hope you had fun too!
Freddo - I have no hard feelings at all. You planned to team with Sloth to being with so it only makes sense you team with him :).....only thing you were wrong with was assuming we wanted differently from teams :p Winning teams is actually awesome.
Mikul - You manly beast! I enjoyed hearing about you getting game-over in 17 seconds against Kirby! I think you still need to work on your focusing your emotions.....taunting whenever you feel and aggressively leaping back into a disaster situation won't get you anywhere. BOIS!
LMX and Plasia - you both know I respect you very very much my Roy fanatic friends :)
Sloth - I hope all is cool now, and that my explanation was enough to enlighten you. Don't think for a second you lack manliness - and shaven is good ;) Well done rearing a cuute Fox to fight along side you pokemaster!
King King - Ta for the approach for training bud. Really starting to feel rather superfluous in terms of smash lately. I hope you enjoyed yourself a lot. So you know, despite your ranking I think you're an awesome player - and in terms of actually having a good complete game and not a tech-***** game you're very darned high in my books. Playing DK only adds to the appeal of your sexy curls and open-minded ways. Great to see ya again!
Accelerate - Nice to meet the guy I was told at Comrades 1 would beat me :D Sorry you didn't though - and that I was the jerk who ripped off your perfect record :O. It was great fun to meet, greet and play ya!
Jaz - My Roy is manly to the max! So you know though - he's like Goku. It was good to see you again, and good to get a small sampler of both your Falcon and Kirby - playing Falcon gives you sexy man points - and playing a non-wh0red character gives you further sexy man points. Being Jaz further improves your sexy man rating to it's potential.
Berimbau - I'm happy to see so many Aussies don't spam cheapo characters. Your Pikachu was pretty sharp and polished, and made me happy to see you galloping away with that giant mouse of doom rather than a cheap ninja or pwnage-princess. By the way - you wouldn't have beaten me in Pika ditto ;)
DZ - I'm assuming I have you two NZers correctly labelled here. If not I'm terribly sorry. Good work with your placing! It's always good to meet a new person, and especially if they're different from the norm. Good to see you use a different character from most people. Really good you made the effort to come over here - though I'm sorry I didn't get more time to play and chat. All the best with smash in the future.
PMD - I'll get the poopy-part out of the way first. We had a misunderstanding at the tournament. Honestly I'm put off by your handling of the whole thing. As a martial artist I think the fact you were unaware of your surroundings and situation, attacked without being in any danger, and targeting a region that is not cool in anyones books should be more than enough for you to deal with. When it came to the apology though, you left it to me to make the first move, kept your defenses ready at all times and failed to offer any kind of peaceful resolution. A simple shaking of hands would have been more than sufficient.-----Anyway, you can't get along with everyone, and I think no less of you. That said and done, thanks for making the effort and taking the time to come over and join in on the fun. I hope you had a good stay and met lots of interesting sorts. All the best!
Niven - you manchild I'm sure you've seen me enough to know I think you're a champ. You finished me off at monopoly after I finished you in poker - looks like its a draw :)
Sam - Ta for all your work over the past couple of weeks. Haha you were ruined totally by that roundabout tactic!
Everyone not mentioned above - sorry I can't comment on everyone but honestly I was too busy to get enough time with all of you. Hope you all had fun though, and it was great to have you all about bright eyed and bushy tailed!
TM - How can you expect us to be manly without something to contrast?
Last but not least - Sephiroth Ken - Really good to see you again bud. It was a real shame I'm so busy at the moment because I would have loved to ahve been able to show you around more and expose you to some of the lesser seen parts of Australia. Regardless I hope you had a good enough time to not regret coming, and that people despite the busy study period made you feel as at home as you have KO and I in the past.
As for smash, I've really enjoyed playing you again :). So you know the session at my place with Niven the pie-stop day I gave you my absolute all. I hope it was at least somewhat different from the usual maches you play :).
Thanks for being such a gracious guest in our country! Know you're always welcome back whenever you feel. Pass on my regards to your family.

ACCELERATE

Smash Lord
Jaz im using yours as a template XD because im a lazy qlder. Lol
Anyways here we go.

USA

Kenny boy: Ken, man it was great to meet you. A truly great experience in smash and out. You are definetly the best in the world for a reason it was great playing you and thanks for the moonwalk practise =P. and **** kid can you eat. Funniest time at maccas watching you eat so much Lol.Favourite quote was " I'm just a regular smasher thinks still work on me too" lol good work. i was happy to get 3 stock off you =D (Yes i will hold on to that forever) No johns! hehe Hope you had fun in australia.
NZ

DZ & PMD: Guys you were the first ones i met and honestly one of my favourites it was awesome to play you guys and do the black hole glitch LOL
You kiwis are all the same funny as hell, good to be around and can always beat me at smash *looks at Kaz* . Nice ylink/ falcon dz its really awesome and **** that annoying jiggs lol marth eats her tho hehe =P Hope to sees you again or online in brawl =D

VIC

Mark: Worlds funniest commentating i sware dude you were hilarious. Too bad about singles man i was a bit nervous about playing you, and maybe doc would have been a better choice ol well really nice to play you and good luck.

CAOTIC: It was great to meet you for the first time (finally) lol. It sucks this was your last tourney because i would sure as hell come to another one. You have to come to qld like you promised =P Great to hang out with you and the tiny amount of matches we had. When you said " his samus is as annoying as tristans" i was happy man. Nice tourney without you it would be nothing hope to see you. Laters

Mik: You were a cool dude man, didnt play you enough cept when your gannon owned me on yoshis story ha! good luck with him keep it up.

Freddo: Nice to meet you man, your fox is crazy. I was nervous as hell in those semi finals man to bad you couldnt get the annoying samus lol. I cant wait to watch the matches and talk to you again. Your a good guy hope to see you in qld =D

Sam: Nice ness dude, yoshis story > Ness tho lol they were some funny moments. Its good to see such a dedicated ness and nice cake!( i stole some from kk) and also all the lifts to maccas and such. This tourney wouldnt have run without a taxi =P GJ

Shaz:Man your a funny kid. I was happy to know you had to go hardout fox to beat me =P and that i was able to bring you to one stock. Your a very experienced player and hope to see you in qld one day.

Blaze:I didnt get a chance to play you dude but a really nice falco from what i hear hope you pass yr 12 physics because i sure wouldnt LOL. Good to meet you and hope you continue to do well.

Lemon: Nice roy dude, really good too bad my samus was soo mean =P good to play you and meet you! keep it up.

CATS: Nice pika really took it to me at first i was glad i was able to get you with marth in the end, because Radience said you were such a great player and i know what he is talking about. =)

Citrussed: Great kirbysides they were classic.

WA

Niv: Man great fox you were able to get me in our hostel tourny when i was half asleep ha! But no johns you were able to beat my samus on dreamland a real credit to you. =)

TAS

Sloth: Dude double matches were too good great to see you got one on ken and cao. I was happy to pull of the stuff that i did. Great fox and even better ic's you have to come to qld and well own syke together Lol.

N30n: Man you are one of the most down to earth people i met, nice marth and hope to see you on wow! =D

QLD

KIIIIIING KOOOOONG: Man best doubles partner ever i had a great time with you. You are always great to be around. We aimed for 3rd and we achieved our goal woot! Hooray for prize money. Hope to catch up again with you soon and see you qld!!

XLR8: **** your awesome.

DJ Cats: Man always good to see you and your yoshi, too bad you left early we missed you in crews ol well hope to see you back on the coast soon and having fun. Thanks for the lifts and friendlies =)

Syke: wtf girl

SYD

Berimbau: You were the standout imo, C R A Z Y! awesome pika. I never tried samus against it but kudos to you graats on singles. see you in qld!

Kulla: Man you were a great guy to play in the hostel, nice luigi and good to see you improving and owning =D
Dedu: Stu nice to meet such a nice smasher. it was great playing your marth and seeing you again at the airport on the way home =D
Mic: You got the better of falcon you have an awesome luigi man keep it up =D
Xeno: FAAAAALLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOONNNNN PUUUUNNNNNNNCCCHHH!
LOL man way to go crazy and keep us all alive. Americans pfft =P nah man great to meet you and play you and wow doesnt suck =P

Hope i got everyone. Good to see you all and play you all. I had fun in melbourne. Come to qld!!!
Laters
~ACCELERATE

Bryl

Smash Rookie
Well, for my fist tournament, I thoroughly enjoyed myself, it sucks I had to bail early though. Turns out I ended up drawing with the guys who came 7th and 14th :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Wow, what an amazing few years of running tournaments. I think this has been the smoothest tournament I’ve run to date. It also felt the most unique. The Swiss System was belted like no other, the concept of elimination, sets and character/stage counter-picking was mostly scrapped, the environment was relaxed, and the finals were just bizarre!

The pressures of work and graduation have finally crept up to the point I am dead certain I will never throw a major national tournament ever again, not until certain conditions are met (that being Brawl continues to be a travel and community based game, I have a good graduate job and my own place, blah blah blah).

So I guess it is with relief I’m happy to stop running them, since I have faith in other cities to begin throwing their own nationals. I’d love to see everyone come together in a city like Sydney or Brisbane. Traveling interstate is something not too many Victorians have experienced, since they are used to having everything handed to them on a silver platter. Now I reckon it’s time for us to come to the other states and see what traveling competitive smash is really about. I love visiting places too, so if there are any major interstate tournaments that fit my schedule I best be coming along.

I didn’t have enough time to throw in the MVP awards, and I had 2 definite OOS recipients in mind, but in the end I think it would not have been fair. Everyone plays their part in this community of ours, and I don’t think any single person should be praised more than the other for now. Everything ended up being a success for everyone attending and being who they were. The colourful mixtures of people contributed to the overall experience.

No shouts from me - you probably all know how I feel about you, how much I like you and we’ll prolly catch up in some other form in the future. However, I will thank the principal organisers of this event - Loki, Sam, Freddo and Shaz.

'Report Cards' will be posted later on, which details the list of opponents and results of each round.

If you want more pictures of Comrades 2, click on this link:
http://ucsd.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2139095&l=e4e5c&id=3322892

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
anyway, i forgot to thank loki for all of his help. this event would have been disastrous without his help.

1 more thing, does anyone have the specific details on the results? who people matched up against and so on?

Sloth

Smash Ace
I will do shout-outs later. But on a side note, I am installing premiere now, I just got my new PC up before the tournament so I haven't completed the software side.

I am gonna get the tapes onto it tonight and hopefully, if it all goes smoothly, have some matches up tonight. Or first thing tomorrow after work.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Currently the version I have of premiere is still the preview of CS3, which atm disallows HDV capture.

I will see what I can do to get an older version tonight.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We tried several times to hug them but it was nothing but epic fail. We still got to pet them and squish them though. The funniest part was they swiped away his feeding bag

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Sloth, I have faith in your manliness. You did after all use Roy against me, that was good fun. Wish we had that match recorded even though the result was obvious, lol.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
i dont have much shout outs... im not good at it XD ill give it a small shot though..

Atticus: thanks for not blaming the team losses on me even though i was playing shocking, also thanks again for thurs, was awesome fun :)

Sam: thanks tons for the ride man, i couldnt have stayed for krews if you werent there, also thanks tons for melty blood, now i need to learn and anti nero stratagey

Cao and Loki: for the whole thing, everything and anything

ken: i did as good as cao againt your game and watch? im proud of myself XD also im suprised you didnt 4 stock my falco... goon fun overall, learn to eat faster though

blazey: for the awesome falco ditto, that was intense

niven: the krew match was fun as, i need to learn to play against better foxes like yours though >_>

cant think right now >_< too late, remind me if i missed you XD

King Kong

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS:

I apologise in advance to anyone I forget J

CAO: Major props to you man. Great tournament, sorry about being narcy at the end there about the brackets, i didnt mean to complain. Your the one responsible for making the Australian smash scene what it is today, a ****ing awsome scene and its greatly appreciated. QLD will always be glad to host you if ever you feel like coming up. All the best at uni, peace out. And grats on proving that you’re one of the, f not THE best smasher in aus.

Ken: LOL. I have never felt like more of a noob. You were a really nice guy and thanks for the matches. Good job in beating almost all of victoria haha. Hope you enjoyed yourself over here. I enjoyed your stories as well, cheers for that.

Jaz: Well my man, its so long ago since we first went to a tournament and we've been at almost every one since. You get better every time i play you and im glad i didnt play you in singles since i probably would have lost :) All the best and hopefully i'll see you soon.

Freddo: Thanks for hosting me dude. Much appreciated. It was cool to play you again although you dominated for most of it. You've gotten better since the last time I played you and if it keeps up that way you'll be top of the country in no time I reckon. Grats on 3rd and for taking me and accel out in teams despite our cheap tactics :) Nice double fox team, I havnt seen it done before, it was pretty lethal.

Sloth: Once again we meet good sir. Always a pleasure to hang out with and a top bloke always. Well done in singles and grats on having an awsome falco and fox, far too good for me to handle. Hope to see you sometime later in the year when we've both made some more money. Also, good stuff with using IC’s in teams, very inventive.

Accel: Well done on repping QLD dude. Showing that you’re a force to be reckoned with, always improving and very dedicated. Our teamwork will get better over time and im gonna be working on using my D.K in teams, since that seems to work pretty well. Thanks for coming down and I’ll see ya at a tournament sometime soon.

Dion: I didn’t even know you and PMD were coming over, but im glad you did. You’re a cool guy and you have enough smash skill to mix it up with the best in Australia. Grats on placing top ten, thanks for the boost juice, the drinks and heres to smash being online.

PMD: Go NZ. Im surprised that you guys didn’t place higher in teams actually. Grats on getting massively wasted and being on top form, it was great. Also nice jiggs, I would have liked to have played it a bit more. Ah well, all the best and hopefully we’ll get to play sometime again.

Kulla: NICE LUIGI! It was one of the biggest challenges I faced. I don’t mean to sound patronising when I give advice to people in smash, I just like it when people give me advice so I do the same. Heres to completing our ’expensive pieces of toilet paper’ AKA arts degrees.

Pat: Very well done on placing 4th man. You have a great pikachu and sheik and im looking forward to playing you in a tournament sometime soon. See you in july sometime I guess.

Markarse: Sorry for bailing on you in teams. I have to do the QLD rep thing y’know. Grats on 7th place, you have gotten a lot better since I last played you, and you have a good consistency across your characters, im jealous. I like your falco especially I think it has huge potential.

Shaz: Lol. What would it be without Shaz. A lot more boring I imagine. Cheers for giving me general beat down in singles and for the training afterwards. I feel like I’ve improved each time you give me some training so thank you very much. All the best.

RedX. You have exactly the same playstyle as me. That my be a bad thing but oh well. Hope you improve for next time we play.

Forblaze: That ****ing hair you've got going is great. Nice falco and its always good to see a familiar face.

CATS: Once again we meet. We learned that camping dosnt work on DL64 lol. Good to see you again.

The guys at the hostel whos names have escaped me for now: I had a great time at the hostel. Everyone was really cool and it was great to meet all of you. The sleep on the train followed by the falcon punch will be a fond memory for some time. Poker was also cool, drinks were great and I’m sure I’ll see all of you again sometime.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Random thoughts/comments:

*NSW is the new QLD.
*I propose a NSW vs QLD state of origin tournaments thingo. Ya know, 1 in Sydney and then 1 in QLD. Other states would be welcome to attend as well.

@ The Hostel: I thought it was pretty awesome. Except breakfast wasn't open till aboot 8am...way too late. But for that price it was great stuff, wonderful atmosphere, brilliant idea, big thanks to all that organinzed it and helped out.

@My car: Yeah good on ya.

Shoutouts:

Kiwis: OMG you freakin Hard-Outs! Do ALL Kiwiws have to be so freakin awesome!? Loved the Boost drinking, the Lylat Wars quotes and just hanging with you guys on that day. Shame we didn't play enough N64, and that was a bad setting for Goldeneye. Pistols, LTK, Complex next time! Hangtime yeahz! Sorry for making you guys freeze to death at the mechanic. Anyway love yas!
*Huggles*

Sam: Imine

Ken: Thanks for coming, it was just nice to hang with you n all.

QLD: It wwas great to have you guys there nd well done on the strong representation...****!

NSW: You guys are all cool kids, and you know that!

Victorians: It was good to catch up with you all and see you all again and everything. Cuteeee

Mikul: Thanks for letting us stay at short notice, the Goldeneye was Intense! You put me in my place with Pokemon. And you woulda beat me in KI Gold if you had a bit more time to get used to it.

Mic/no.13 Thanks heaps for the accomodation in Sydney and the drive down to Melbourne. You were great, that was a wonderful day of driving. And just being a really cool guy in general.
Although i'm sorry about the brakes, i do feel somewhat bad about that...:(

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Well that was my first experience of out of state smash, and let me say that it was awesome, I had a great time and must thank Melbourne for being such great hosts. I ended up with a ranking that I really didn't deserve thanks to the Swiss System, which still has flaws despite it being the better of two evils. Suppose I should do something that I haven't ever done before: Shoutouts!

Well...here goes hope I remembered everyone, if not I'm sorry I forgot you, I have one of the worst memories ever!

Cao: First off, thanks for hosting man, it was a great tourney and from what I hear, the Smash scene wouldn't be what it is today without your input, and this goes to show how much effort you have put into hosting. It was a pity we didn't get to have some more friendly matches, maybe next interstate event!

Ken: Thanks for coming to Australia and showing us what the top smashers in the world are made of, and as expected you cleaned the place up. The money (aka donation) match was had was fast and furious, and the advice you gave after I will remember and utilise in future matches.

Sam: I really hate playing a Ness, those up-B's just wouldn't let poor luigi hit the ground :(. Good work in taking Pat and I out of the doubles I certainly wasn't expecting it. Also thanks for ferrying us back and forth, it woulda been interesting to walk back to the tram station heh.... And man...Melty Blood was it? It looked alright, funny that you would bring it out in the middle of a Smash fest, and imo, Guilty Gears looks better :p.

DZ: All the way from New Zealand just for smash?! I commend your effort, not only that but your Falcon too, pure evil is what he consists of. Had some great games in the hostel, especially the free for alls. Heh thanks for all the memories you brought back of the classic games of old on the way to the airport in the bus, makes me wanna play them all again >_<, which I probably will!

PMD: Once again, making the trek for smash is awesome, thanks for coming. Those were some awesome moments when you jumped off the stage to save DZ in doubles, I have never seen it done so effectively before. Can't wait to see that video of that Falcon Punch done by DZ on me, it was truely epic, make sure it goes up on youtube or something :p.

King Kong: Never have I seen a DK like yours, those u-airs are so crazy, I just couldn't get away from them >_<. As for the advice you gave, I actually really like being given advice, its one of the ways a person can really understand what their game is lacking and adapt to becomg a better player. And Go the Arts degree, the most effective way to spend both time and money to obtain something that is almost completly useless! But hey atleast its an education right?

Accelerate: Yeah we had some good hostel matches, too bad we didn't get to play at the tourney, your Samus looked crazy I woulda really liked to play it, ahhh well, next time I guess (possibly even in Sydney!).

Sloth: Man, it was really good to meet you, I really like your smash philosophy, something which alot of people obviously dont follow, but for their own loss I think. Can't wait to see the footage of what you shot, you had that camera running quite a bit, so there should be some good stuff. It must be a real ***** that there isnt a very big scene down in Taz, but if you ever decide to make the trek for a Sydney tourney, you will be most assuredly welcomed.

N3ON: Good times man, good times. I was really glad to meet you, we had some good times at the hostel. Though you only casually play smash, you made the effort to travel all the way for a tourney, maybe sometime down the track you might do the same for a Sydney tourney. In anycase you were a fun person to hang around with, hopefully we shall meet again some time.

I hope that was everyone who I spoke with/actually knows who I am, as for Sydney people shoutouts well...I see you often enough as to not need a shoutout i think...plus im lazy.

Oh and a side note someone in room 4 left a brown jumper in the hostel, it has a zip that doesn't go to the bottom but goes high up into the collar, and a country road tag. Let me know whos it is and I'll post it or something if I'm not likely to meet you again soon. Let me know via MSN at: Kulla_Kure@hotmail.com anyone else who wants to add me to msn feel free to do so, I'd like to stay in contact with the smash scene.

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
Cao: Thanks for organising the tournament man. It was an awesome experience and I’m really glad I came. Wouldn’t have been possible without you. Your peach destroyed me in the tournament, as usual. Wish we could’ve had more friendlies, I think I can learn a lot from you. Well done against ken in the finals. Grats on 2nd place :).

Shaz: Shaz! Fun pika ditto we had. Sif you would’ve won :p. You’re a very impressive player. I watched your fox, it was insane. Would’ve liked to have vsed it, though I’m not sure it would’ve been pretty. Awesome Roy too, good to see more ppl using low tiers :). I was a bit upset that you didn’t initiate me into the Falcon club though! ……………..

Sloth: Sloth man. It was fun hanging with you after the tourney and in the hostel. That tournament we did after was awesome :p. And thanks for the fox training/pointers. Your fox is really good, I cant wait to vs you again.

Nathan: You too dude. Was heaps of fun hanging with you guys. Your marth is really hard, I don’t think you give yourself enough credit.

Cats: Awesome pika dittos we had. I learned a lot from them, espec about pika recovery. Hopefully we will get to rematch some day! Impressive peach too.

Freddo: Ouch. You owned me hard in the tournament, and even worse in the crew battle. I guess I have a lot to learn about fox. You’re insane. You 17 stocked Sydney. What else can I say. I hope to vs you again some day.

Accelerate: Best samus ive ever seen. You shouldve used her against me in the tourney, I would’ve been interesting to see how that went. See you in qld! I’ll bring your control ;)

Marcus: Hilarious commentating man. That was awesome. I didn’t get to play you at all, or even really see you play. Shame we didn’t get our doc ditto. Next time!

Ken: Thanks a lot for the money matches ken :). They really opened my eyes.

King Kong: Insane DK. I didn’t know he could do those things lol. Nice sheik too. A lot of fun playing with you dude, hopefully see you in qld :)

Jaz: Jaaaz. Thanks for organizing everything for us syd guys. Wouldn’t have worked without you. And thanks for introducing me to the competitive smash scene, I wouldn’t have even known about the tournament without you. Looks like our late night training sessions paid off! Lol. Falcon still as crazy as ever, same with falco! You shouldve used Kirby in our match :p. Shame about the crew battle though.

Kulla: My travel companion. That was a fun trip eh, apart from my constant whining :p. Grats on your placing too. That luigi is getting insane, so hard. Ganon isn’t bad either ;). Too bad we’re such a **** team lol.

Stu: Your Marth is so, so much better. Cool hanging with you dude, glad you came. Hope you made lots of money @ the casino! :p

Xeno: Your falco is way better too. You’re getting those pillar combos down. Keep falcon punching!

Mic: Nice luigi man. And Mario too lol. You ***** me in those marth dittos. I don’t think I won a single match haha >.<.

DZ: Awesome falcon. Awesome young link. You’re an awesome player dude, fun hanging with you guys. Too bad we probably wont see you again >.<. I’d like to have more matches with you.

PMD: Nice jiggs. You were hilarious dude. Lylat wars quotes ftw. And those 4 way items matches we had at the hostel were gold. You and dion were a really good team, I was impressed that you guys were coordinated enough to just yell “save” and manage to save each other.

Sam: Sam! Your ness is good! It is actually very hard to fight. You aim that back kick well and sweet spot nicely and all sorts of stuff. Even sheik had a lot of trouble. And you and niven owned us in teams! It was good to see you again.

Niven: ahh…another evil fox. We didn’t have many matches, but I think you beat me in the few we had, including teams >.<

DJ: After all that talking on the phone, we didn’t even play each other. I barely even talked with you! Haha, hopefully we’ll get to play when I come to qld.

Hope I didn’t forget anyone. If I did, I’m sorry!

CATS

Smash Journeyman
here are some shoutouts from cats,

cao: thanks for organising tournament wah wah wah

loki: thanks for venue (and thanks for monthlies with multiple fighters)

shaz: big thanks for driving me to and from comrades2 and letting me stay at your place to watch grappler baki. near death endorfins!!!! *cuts to picture of brain ejaculation* (btw i'll use peach vs you but i'll try and rely on skill kills rather than cheap ones although as you know it will conflict with my style)

berimbau: very nice pika, i'm a bit inexperienced in pikachu ditto but i'm sure you are as well. pretty close matches in all, i hoped to get more in with you but that will have to wait for next time i guess. i'll continue to improve and next time i'll win! thanks for the great pikachu dittos

accelerate: great falcon, you were doing really nice with it even though you lost the match in the end. keep in mind pikachu doesn't do too badly against him. against your marth was pretty fun, seems i can't do the pikachu counter match too well. your constant tilting into marth combos vs me was too much for me to get around. if only you tried to rely on fwdB and risky f-smashes i would have done much better ;)

jaz: good matches against your falcon, your experience in vsing pikachu shows. always fun to play you!

sloth: SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH! you are a champion! no one compares to sloth. he is the best.

jon: bois!

niven: good to see you again niven! was awesome that you came to vic again :3

KK: camping works but i can't wait for time to run out with a stock disadvantage so i had to approach you which ended up with me dying. next time i'll show that monkey some u-smash u-air love! you know you love it KK! always good to see you KK ^^

mark: lol at grappler baki. i'd say more so than your matches i loved your commentating. keep it up in the future and hope someone got a good recording of it all. i can't wait to relisten to it!

mikul: you always seem to improve every time i see you mikul and you ganon never fails to impress. you need to be careful though of being too set in your ways of trying to get certain moves to land. sometimes rather than you approaching them you need to just sit and patiently wait till they approach you for you to land that final killing blow.

ken: thanks for coming and showing how an experienced player deals with shaz and cao. hopefully i'll be able to watch recordings of those matches and be granted some insight from them.

everyone else, espiecially all those who came from out of state: thanks a bunch for coming everyone because it's really all the people that attend that make a tournament what it is. it was really great seeing everyone and havign so many people with good skills all in one place to play smash. i hope to see everyone again the next time we have a big tournament and hopefully i'll get to play people more so than i did last time :3

anyways that's it for now. i'm sure i could say some other stuff but am too lazy, now it is time to go look for manga :3

edit: forgot someone important

plasia: remember my teachings of how to play mario to his full capabilities. shout out the names of the moves you use to increase their power! shoryuken! tatsukmaki senpuukyaku! shoryuken! hadouken! hadouken! hadouken! with these simple teachings you may in fact become a true master.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
Aw... My Zelda wasnt 'sexy' enough to get a shout-out. T_T

Anyways... I really cant think of something interesting to say... yet.

But nice meeting all you guys. xD

Kumori

Smash Apprentice
Aw... My Zelda wasnt 'sexy' enough to get a shout-out. T_T

Anyways... I really cant think of something interesting to say... yet.

But nice meeting all you guys. xD
Nice meeting you too, and your Zelda was just un-sexy by comparison to those manly kirby-cides.

Dedu

Smash Lord
And the kirby dance after u vsed Mikul!

That was one big LMAO! Your zelda looked good when I was watching it and you were improving with each match low tier wise. I'm surprised you don't resort to sheik at all.

There are waay too many people to give shoutouts to but I can at least say thanks to everyone for making such a fun day and in particular to Ken for appreciating his efforts to come down here and own everyone. I learnt heaps by just watching his matches. They are made of pure win! And to Caotic for the excellent organising skills and to everyone who brought their GCs/Wiis, TVs and Freddo/Niven/Sam for getting everyone to the venue on time! And to Jaz for organising the hostel so we all could get to melbourne without much hassle.

Moogleman

Smash Cadet
Hey all, well im glad exams are almost over, i finally have time to write a mind frizzling reply about how awesome the tourny was. Thx to all the organisers, hosts and Mr etc for such a successful and fun event. Id spend some time doing individual shout outs but its 2am and most people dont really know who i am as of yet :). I am the almighty syler and dont you forget it!!!!!! lol nah im new to the scene and felt privelaged to be in the same room as so many awesome players.. I spent most of my time secretly watching people play. But yeah thx heaps to all you interstateas for comming and taking part (and Ken 2 i guess lol), and also thx to all you awesome victorians that have taken in a new member of the victorian smash scene.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to mention that someone left a towel at my house. It's black with a green design on it. I'm betting that it's Mark's, since Mark can't go anywhere without leaving a gift behind i.e his bag, wallet, phone, controller...etc. So if it is yours, please let me know.

EDIT: It is Mark's. Surprise surprise.

Sloth

Smash Ace
Slowly but surely. I forgot how gay Youtube conversion was

Sloth + Freddo vrs KK + Accelerate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tgU5U8DZTw

Sloth + Freddo vrs KK + Accelerate http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Oiusxb1Tg

Sloth + Freddo vrs KK + Accelerate (Awful quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6SmlE24U4A

I will work on updating the quality of some over the course of the week. So don't worry too much. I have had a lot of problems so far with .m2t. So I am doing this quickly tonight.

More to come of course, then I'll do a bigger update

Shoutouts also, I'll make it brief tho. - And keep updating as the night goes by

Freddo: You get first mention for being the most sexafied team member someone could ask for. Every time we meet your fox impresses me. No one else in Melbourne I have more fun versing, or makes me feel more pressured. TRAVEL WITH ME NEXT TIME WEEE!!

Caotic: Thanks for the organization, because without that then I'd spend the weekend drunk in Tas. Your peach is crazy and I forgot how much so. Still some hiccups with the sweedish system and time constrictions, but what can you do with so little TV's. Next time your going down! I promise :(

Shaz: Your falco has seemed to improve. Remember, just make me stupidly nervous like Ken so I mess up all my techs. And the matchup on Yoshi would be easy! Next time I want a Fox ditto. Still a bit annoyed about not having a chance to get top 4, but meh. Things happen.

Cats: You will always be my main outer-state rival. Peach is cheap, so you should stick with her. Next time I am sure you'll get your revenge. You should travel someone time, as its always good having you around.

KK: Your like my smash brother with Jaz. You keep getting sexier everytime I see you. Half of me is afraid that next time I'll be losing every match. You should keep rolling with DK and Sheik imo, just gotta keep consistency up and you'll be deadly.

Jaz: Just like KK, it feels like we are three smash oldies. Its good to see you gather the Sydney scene, and everytime we meet you have improved like crazy. That Falcon is getting scary, just needs the anti Fox/Falco practice and I am sure you'll ****.

Accelerate: It was great meeting you, and good as well. I was surprised about how well your samus performed and especially in teams, I didn't think anyone would give me and Freddo a run for there money. Next time we need to do a lot of friendlies as I didn't get much of a chance to play you!

Pat: Awesome Pika dude. It was finally good the see more Sydney players and espeically someone who represented the scene so well. I would of liked to be able to play you more, guess I'll have to visit sometime.

Simon: OMG THE MOST HAPPY PERSON EVER. I swear I've never seen someone smile so much. Always good to hang out and see fresh new faces. Like wise with Pat, we didn't get to play to much, but part of the fun is the social side

Xeno: Highlight of the time we spent was our romantic tram ride. Learning the inner secrets of your bladder control and the hope to be a good citizen. Its nice to always see knew faces.

Jon: OMG. It felt like something was missing from the scene every since seat3. It was a lack of manly power, a lack of homo-eroticism. I should still have a vid of your arse on tape. Once I watch it, I am doubtful I could ever stop. Great seeing you back in the crowd.

Niven: GEZ WE STILL DIDN"T GET TO PLAY <<< /CRYY. next time I'll use more caps. Alas this time I avoided getting sick.! aha power to me! I didn't get a chance to see how your fox has developed, so next time.
WA players are my favourite. We must have more cuddle time... that goes for Bringer as well.

Everyone: There was too many people.. thanks for coming NZ, we didn't get to play or spend much time talking to each other, so hopefully next time.. thats if us aussies didn't scare you off with our extreme, radiating gayness. To my homies Mikul and Lemon for the precious manly time we spent in the dorm.

I'll catch everyone again when I have money :)

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
hey im home safe and sound! and boy do i Miss America... and my cat Kinski

Thanks for showing me a good time in australia! I'd do shout outs but i kindda don't know everyone's names and uhh im not too much of a shout out guy.

Thanks to everyone who donated to me, I really appreciate it. (meaning playing me in MM's)

It was really fun at the tournament, it was nice meeting everyone. Sorry, I may sound like an *** and not play friendlies with everyone but thing is, it's not worth playing me when i don't really try and usually in friendlies I don't because i get too bored and just want to sleep.

However when there's money on the line I actually kind of try and don't want to lose. Also i got really sick with the "hostel flu" or Niven/KO gave me sickness that I wasn't too much of myself at first since all i wanted to do was sleep. Later on I felt a lot better and it was a lot more fun. Especially that pounder challenge, even though I lost.

Australia's a nice place except for the highly expensive things... Things are wayyyyy too expensive there, even after the currency exchange. Kindda disappointed that I couldnt go to Sydney or Queensland, however perhaps I might want to come back sometime just too? anyways not enough time and KO and everyone was too busy, I'm sorry I came during the wrong time, I guess i should have planned more.

BTW KO: ZANDER ISNT COMING! SAVE MONEY, COME TO 0c3

--------------------------------------

T_T Ken "$3.50 for a mini soda.." "in America you can get this for $1"
KO " no it's not! it's not like that at markets"
Ken ::goes to the market and still see's $3.50 soda's:: (2 liters don't count).
not to mention i spent $50-$65 a day on food, some were decent, some just plain wasn't worth it. noooooooooooooooooooo my moneys

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
thanks for replying and visiting us in aussieland ken. you made so many of us happy coming over and hanging with us. like yourself ive got mixed feelings of good times and disappointment mostly cus of my mounting commitments that came about abruptly as u came over, like lots of working and interviews which ended up cutting our plans to sydney. i think jaz and shaz felt the same way too - june is an overkill month here. i also felt bad leaving u for a couple days and returning to see u sick :( so im sorry your trip isnt complete as it could have been. australia is a massive country and visiting only my state dont do the country justice since theres so much more to experience out there. nonetheless im happy and relieved you enjoyed your stay in melbourne and met alot of the cool unsanchezy aussies. tell you what, when the time is right (not winter) id like to invite u over again so we can finish what we started - meaning go to nsw and qld! ill gladly help you out $ in revisiting and and im sure your new legion of australian ken fans will do the best they can to get you over and host u too! but for now, take care in sunny california and wait for my possible return for 0c3!!! >=]

**** THAT FLAKY ZANDER I JUST GAVE HIM A PANDA

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
thanks for replying and visiting us in aussieland ken. you made so many of us happy coming over and hanging with us. like yourself ive got mixed feelings of good times and disappointment mostly cus of my mounting commitments that came about abruptly as u came over, like lots of working and interviews which ended up cutting our plans to sydney. i think jaz and shaz felt the same way too - june is an overkill month here. i also felt bad leaving u for a couple days and returning to see u sick :( so im sorry your trip isnt complete as it could have been. australia is a massive country and visiting only my state dont do the country justice since theres so much more to experience out there. nonetheless im happy and relieved you enjoyed your stay in melbourne and met alot of the cool unsanchezy aussies.

tell you what, when the time is right (not winter prolly late spring-early fall) id like to invite u over again so we can finish what we started - meaning go to nsw and qld + more!! ill gladly help you out $-wise in revisiting and and im sure your new legion of australian ken fans will do the best they can to get you over and host u too! but for now, take care in sunny california and wait for my possible return for 0c3!!! >=]

**** THAT FLAKY ZANDER I JUST GAVE HIM A PANDA

PS I GOT SICK LAST - BLAME NIVEN OR HOSTEL LOOOOL

Top Bottom