PRESENTED BY CAOTIC AND MYSTWALKER
AWARD PRESENTERS: SHAZ AND CAOTIC
Get ready for the final National tournament I'm hosting for Melee! America's finest will also be coming to this as a special guest! Let's all eat yakiniku after the tournament's done, ok? Look forward to the interstate crew battles, singles and teams with the 'King of Smash!'
38 Grey Street, St. Kilda, 3182
A St.Kilda Beach bound tram from Flinders Street Station will take you to the intersection of Grey and Fitzroy.
- MAY 28
Ken arrives in Melbourne
- JUNE 8
West Coast vs. Essendon, Telstra Dome (RAAAAPPE >_>)
- JUNE 9
Comrades 2 (Singles, Teams, Interstate Crew Battles)
Yakiniku @ Shoya, 25 Market Lane Melbourne 3000 (11pm close)
- JUNE 10
"Recovery day" (probably resulting in more Smash, but maybe we should change that and go somewhere fun!)
- JUNE 11
It's the Queen's Birthday! Long live the Queen!
Ken goes back to Orange County California
WHERE IS IT?
The Corner of Moat Drive and Centreway,
La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria.
Note - Parking is on the Ring Road via P6.
A guide to getting to La Trobe University:
The room is open from 10am - 10pm.
Teams: 10am - 1pm
Singles Qualifying Swiss: 1pm - 4pm
Singles Finals Double Elimination: 4pm - 6pm
***FRIENDLIES ARE NOT ALLOWED UNLESS ALLOWED BY TOURNAMENT DIRECTORS.***
1st - offense = warning
2nd - offense = disqualification from all tournaments (no refunds)
There will be plenty of time set aside for friendlies (during singles finals and crews), so don't worry too much about not being able to play enough. With the reintroduction of the Swiss system you're guaranteed to get in a lot of matches. These rules have been put in place to help the tournament run on time.
Yet to be confirmed, but likely to be:
Singles - $10 per person
Teams - $10 per person
Crew battle events - Free if you entered singles and doubles (open to debate)
Teams - Standard 'MLG' Ruleset, Double Elimination
Singles - Swiss Format, Top 8 Advance to a Standard 'MLG' Ruleset, Double Elimination
THE SWISS SYSTEM - A PRIMER
- The swiss system is based on a set of rounds with an accumulative ranking ladder (much like the AFL or NRL ladders). The difference in the swiss system is that you play unique opponents that share a similar win/loss ratio to yourself.
- The first round will be completely randomized. In every round, you play your opponent in 2 games (stages are randomly elected). The result should be recorded as 2W-0L, 1W-1L, or 0W-2L.
- Singles will be played in as many successive rounds as possible within a time limit (say, 3 hours). The faster the group completes their rounds, the more rounds will be completed.
- The final 8 players will advance into a standard MLG Double Elimination Final (If people prefer Top 16 advancing into a single elimination bracket, let me know).
GENERAL STANDARD RULES
- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; if tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no modifications aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match. This applies to both singles and doubles.
- Prizes: Singles and Doubles: 65/25/10 split for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.
- No friendlies will be allowed during any part of the tournament, unless staff relax the rules. Players caught playing friendlies during busy tournament sessions will be warned. It would be more appropriate to friendly people outside the tournament date.
- Money Matches are allowed to take place where possible.
- Spectators are welcome.
- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).
- Neutral stages: Fountain of Dreams (BANNED in teams), Dream Land 64, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poke Floats, Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED in both singles and doubles
- WOBBLING IS BANNED
CREW BATTLE RULES
It will be a round robin tournament, with a minimum of 5 players per team. For the VIC/QLD/NSW teams, they all must equally match the maximum number of participants possible. Stage selection is completely random from the neutral 6, and each player is entitled to 1 stage cancel per match.
INTERSTATE/INTERNATIONAL ATTENDANCE LIST
hylian88, Housing preference:
- WESTERN AUSTRALIA
BringerofDeath, Housing preference: HOSTEL
Kewl Niven, Housing preference: **Housed**
Syke, Housing preference: HOSTEL
King Kong, Housing preference: **Housed**
DJ Cat, Housing preference:
Sieg, Housing preference:
Tristan, Housing preference: HOUSING
Radiance, Housing preference: HOUSING
- NEW SOUTH WALES
Jaz, Housing preference:
Kulla, Housing preference:
Dedu, housing perference: HOSTEL/HOUSING
Berimbau, Housing preference:
Johno, Housing preference:
no.13 - Housing preference:
xeno - Housing pref: HOSING/HOSTEL
ComboTurtle, Housing preference: HOSTEL
Sloth, Housing preference: **Housed**
N30N, Housing preference:
- SOUTH AUSTRALIA
SA Dave(Unconfirmed), Housing preference:
- NEW ZEALAND, AUCKLAND
Buzid - Housing preference:
PMD - Housing preference:
Lastly! Pack your woolies! Melbourne in June is cold! (Avg. Max 14, Min 7) I don't want to hear any cold hand johns!
PLEASE SUPPLY THE TOURNAMENT WITH TVS, CUBES/WIIS, SSBM DISCS AND MEMORY CARDS! THE TOURNAMENT WILL ONLY BE AS GOOD AS THE AMOUNT OF THESE ITEMS YOU BRING!!!