• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man's Super Glide Toss

Blue24

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I love seeing these mechanic articles. Regardless which smash it is; it's good to see when the meta is continued to be pushed forward and evolving.

SimplyChrono

Smash Cadet
NNID
SimplyChrono
3DS FC
0147-1307-4927
A shame that this needs the c-stick to be set to smash attacks, i can only play with c-stick set to tilts. :sadeyes:
One thing to note is that Styles didn't discover this tech, a youtuber by the name RED did.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Link can do this with his bombs (which we call bomb sliding). It's called a DACIT (Dash Attack Canceled Item Throw). This technique has been around since Brawl. Nothing new here, though I wasn't aware that anyone besides Link could perform it in this game. This better not get patched out just because of you scrubs complaining about it. It's a pretty important part of Link's meta and he isn't a super great character to begin with. Especially with the removal of his jab 1 cancel as of the recent patch. And no, that **** wasn't an infinite. They could've easily fixed the issue by removing it's suction properties but instead decided it was a good idea to completely remove jab 1's IASA frames. Thanks guys. Other characters have way worse jab cancel locks than Link did even now. Like D3 and Fox for example.

Last edited:

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
"Dash Item Toss Cancel Item Toss"...DITCIT

such a strange acronym, I foresee this getting misspelled into a lewd joke... real fast.

personally, that looks kind of situational, it might make for a good hard read at best, but his holding the saw gives him away too easily.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Link can do this with his bombs (which we call bomb sliding). It's called a DACIT (Dash Attack Canceled Item Throw). This technique has been around since Brawl. Nothing new here, though I wasn't aware that anyone besides Link could perform it in this game. This better not get patched out just because of you scrubs complaining about it. It's a pretty important part of Link's meta and he isn't a super great character to begin with. Especially with the removal of his jab 1 cancel as of the recent patch. And no, that **** wasn't an infinite. They could've easily fixed the issue by removing it's suction properties but instead decided it was a good idea to completely remove jab 1's IASA frames. Thanks guys. Other characters have way worse jab cancel locks than Link did even now. Like D3 and Fox for example.
It was on character like Zard unless he used Rock Hurl as a custom.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
This is old news. Discovered by My Smash Corner like months ago...
EDIT: DISREGARD I am an ignorant fool XD

Last edited:

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Please do research first before you write articles. This was in Brawl and commonly used by characters who's glidetoss range was terrible. The most notable example was Toon Link. It was discovered back in 2008, not by this guy.

Tremendo Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XGShadowstar
3DS FC
3093-8423-4303
What My Smash Corner made a video on was Jump Cancelled Item Toss, which produces a much smaller slide. This is different.

How similar are DACIT and DITCIT?

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
People always unearth new pieces of Smash 4 tech. But it never seems to change anything. People thought Perfect Pivoting was going to revolutionize Smash 4, but it didn't. I fail to see how any new tech in this game will change how it is essentially played.

ephOE

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zamiel1i
3DS FC
4356-0508-8373
How does Greninja do with glide tossing? I remember his DACUS was nasty before DACUS was removed. Would be extremely situational but still cool if he got similar results.

Yikarur

Smash Master
This is as old as Brawl
And you can expect it getting patched out because it works on the same principle as DACUS.

Sabaca

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SABACA
3DS FC
5198-2440-0970
I'm sorry for whoever made this article. Not only is this a technique that was already in Brawl , it is also well known (at least for Link mains , where it is refered as bomb sliding most of the times) and you spread false information with this article. It is DACIT , nothing to do with jump cancels or what ever , just a DACIT wich is inputted really fast. Such missinformation shouldn't be spread on the frontpage.

Siledh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Siledhrel
3DS FC
3969-5560-9348
Link also gets a small boost when he does this, but nowhere near Megamans. Sadly this doesn't do jack for Tink or Diddy
Link can get a significant boost from it, though. I've had times where he's covered almost a third of FD with his bombslide. I haven't been able to replicate it consistently, still trying, but it does happen.

And yeah, this is old news.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
It's just a dash attack canceled item slide, which was widely used in Brawl, especially by Link mains. Link mains have also been doing it since the start of Smash 4. Moreover, there are numerous variants, most relevant of which are the Uthrow fakeout, uthrow, backthrow fake-out, and full reverse ones. Check our AT thread for detailed information on variant inputs and all variations.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I've tried this out with some of the other cast members as well. Out of the characters that carry their own items, Pac-Man and Link seem to slightly benefit from this as well. But not to the same degree as Mega Man. Fortunately, Link has enough range as is to make up for the gap. So I can see it being a decent tool to close the gap between you and your opponent a smidgen quicker, or something along those lines. But I'm sure most people already knew Link had a tool like this, according to the above posts. Not sure about Pac-Man peeps though.

I know that Bowser Jr., Robin, Rob, and Tink can't do it though. Diddy can, but he gets hardly any distance from it at all. So it is worthless to him entirely. As for non-item characters, I've found that Mewtwo has possibly the best Super Glide toss in the game. Even more so than Mega Man. Covers about 3/4ths of the stage distance on tournament standard stages. But, as expected, situations like that for Mewtwo would be entirely situational.

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
This was reported on by My Smash Corner in, like, October/November.

Top Bottom