• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man Legends 3 (Cancelled)

Minato

穏やかじゃない

Title: Mega Man Legends 3
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Developer: Capcom

Japanese Official Website

The long awaited sequel has been finally announced. Mega Man Legends 3 (also known as Rockman DASH) is being developed for the 3DS. It's been a little over 10 years since Mega Man Legends 2 was released in Japan.

Here is a translated version of Inafune's message to the fans that was on the official site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep-J6aMSNFo&feature=player_embedded

Update: Capcom has announced that the game is cancelled and they won't be releasing the prototype.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/07/18/a_message_from_capcom

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The 3DS is a good idea. I would have preferred either the 3DS or Wii (for some reason I can't help but think that on the PS3 they would try to go overboard with the graphics on that game while losing the special touch that the original two had)

in other words...

HYPE!!!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
This seems like it could be pretty interesting. I'm not really familiar with this area of the Mega Man franchise, as I'm more of an X person lol. Legends was the PSOne game when he didn't have the helmet on wasn't it? I thought they looked pretty cool, so I may have to try this one.

vZakat

Half Genie
I'm so super excited about this game. Legends was probably the funnest of all the megaman series's. I can't wait to hear more about this. I'm probably going to replay the other ones now too.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
MIn my opinion, megaman legends Suks. Is the only one game in the series that i couldnt finish (Because the game bored me, for me, the only funny part was kick the can in the trash XD)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
YES!!!!! YESSSS!!!!!!!

Words cannot express the excitement I had this morning when I first heard! I honestly never thought this would be a reality but...here it is! YES!! Oh so very YES!!! :D

looks like i now have a reason to get a 3ds. <3 mml LONG TIME
Same here. I never even considered a 3Ds until now. Though I can't help but be curious as to why the 3Ds. I was certain it would be for the PS3 or the XBox360...well the PS3 at least.

I can't wait for more info and/or some screens. I haven't been this hyped for a Megaman game since Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm excited about this game! I like the one designed by Shinsuke the most, but it looks like Sensei's design is going to win. Sensei's design is my second favorite of the ones available, so I don't mind.

I'm assuming she's going to be the digger at the beginning of the game, since Roll and Tron aren't diggers and they probably need new materials that they can't afford, so after a while [maybe on the KTOX TV news] the new heroine asks if she could help (either that or Roll & Tron just pick a random person to do their dirty work. lol) and explores the caverns, then about 25%-to-50% into the game you can rescue Megaman Volnutt & co. I'd be quite shocked if they pulled a DKC2 where the previously playable protagonist is only seen in the ending, but I doubt they would do that.

Also, MML3 now has at least some of it's models created! :bee:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I voted for Suetsugu's and I'm glad it's in the lead. I don't know why, but it's my favorite out of the bunch.
The others are pretty good too though.

And here's the Mega Man Legends 3 NYCC panel. http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom...out_the_mega_man_legends_3_project_nycc_panel

Sadly, Inafune said this will be the last Legends game. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it's really sad to hear that before it's out.
He also mentions more fan input like possibly having fans draw boss designs or even apply for voice acting work for the game.

UberMario

Smash Master
This may sound strange, but I actually want it to be the last game in the series, it just seems like MML2's ending led up to the perfect finale scenario for the series. If there was a MML4 it would just feel like a money milker, which Inafune clearly stated he did not want MML to become. Of course I'd still like to see 3DS remakes of MML, MML2, TMAoTB, and MML:5-Isl [that Japan-only Mobile phone game that is supposed to be a "midquel" in between 1 & 2 :mad:]) but I think the series would feel more satisfing with less games.

Speaking of a finale, I hope there are four alternate endings in MML3 depending on which girl you give random gifts to the most, one where MMV ends up with Roll, one with Tron, and one with the new heroine, plus a fourth one (if you give the above three no gifts or an equal amount of gifts to two-or-more of them) that results in them asking who MMV likes the most, which makes him break out in a cold sweat and start running (with them chasing him and yelling at him to come back and whatnot).

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This may sound strange, but I actually want it to be the last game in the series, it just seems like MML2's ending led up to the perfect finale scenario for the series. If there was a MML4 it would just feel like a money milker, which Inafune clearly stated he did not want MML to become. Of course I'd still like to see 3DS remakes of MML, MML2, TMAoTB, and MML:5-Isl [that Japan-only Mobile phone game that is supposed to be a "midquel" in between 1 & 2 :mad:]) but I think the series would feel more satisfing with less games.

Speaking of a finale, I hope there are four alternate endings in MML3 depending on which girl you give random gifts to the most, one where MMV ends up with Roll, one with Tron, and one with the new heroine, plus a fourth one (if you give the above three no gifts or an equal amount of gifts to two-or-more of them) that results in them asking who MMV likes the most, which makes him break out in a cold sweat and start running (with them chasing him and yelling at him to come back and whatnot).
Yeah, it is nice how MML isn't going to be milked. It just always feels weird when a Mega Man series actually ends. I'm grateful that we're actually getting an ending now after all these years.

And multiple endings would be great. I didn't consider that. Volnutt being paired up with a heroine at the end would be fun to see.

UberMario

Smash Master
http://kobun20.interordi.com/2010/10/10/newest-legends-character-lilly/

Well, apparently the new heroine isn't going to be playable, as she's part of another digging team, (she is still part of the good guys though), but then who is going to be the playable character at the beginning if she's not a "direct" influence on the story? If you get to play as both Roll and Tron in the beginning, I wonder what will be different about them. (I guess Tron could do the battling when the big guns are necessary, while Roll [temporarily] becomes a digger)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
http://kobun20.interordi.com/2010/10/10/newest-legends-character-lilly/

Well, apparently the new heroine isn't going to be playable, as she's part of another digging team, (she is still part of the good guys though), but then who is going to be the playable character at the beginning if she's not a "direct" influence on the story? If you get to play as both Roll and Tron in the beginning, I wonder what will be different about them. (I guess Tron could do the battling when the big guns are necessary, while Roll [temporarily] becomes a digger)
I think Voulnutt can still be playable at the beginning, unless I missed something in the press stating otherwise.

As for the heroine poll, I haven't voted yet because I can't decide who to vote for. At first I liked Yoshikawa's the best because I thought she had a unique appearence that you wouldn't expect to see in a Megaman Legends game, and Nakayama's second. However, after hearing the Bio for "Lily" I couldn't imagine Yoshikawa's for that role and it became a toss up between Nakayama's and Komaki's. But then I took notice of the attention gathered by Sensei's and became fond of that one when I put more thought into it. So for me it's currently a decision between Sensei's and Komaki's, especially now that (as of this post) Komaki's is leading in Japan and Sensei's is leading in the US.

To me, Komaki's design seems to be the most Legends-like, so I guess I favor that one a bit more. But I'll still give myself a few more days to decide.

UberMario

Smash Master
http://www.capcom-unity.com/devroom

It looks like Komaki's [the one I voted for] is in the lead after all, even though Sensei's design has the majority over here in the US, I guess in Japan the difference is enough for the other to be in the lead. It's a hard choice between the two, but I just think Komaki's design looks more MML-esque.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Keiji Inafune has left Capcom. So that means he won't be overseeing the project probably. :(
I feel less hyped now since I wonder how everything will turn out with the story and all.

UberMario

Smash Master
Inafune wasn't even going to be the director of MML3 [it seems that he stayed just to get MML3 into the green light, since he convinced a major corporation to revive a series dormant for over 10 years and is the leader of pretty much every important position in Capcom, "he has nowhere higher to go" as he put it], that goes to Eguchi, who worked on several of the missions in MML2, such as the Pirate Train, the flooded ruins, and the ruins in the snow area.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's starting to become clearer and clearer why Inafune left.

§leepy God

Smash Master
With Megaman not reviving makes me think does Capcom only thinks about fighters these days? :/

Well, at least I have Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel to look forward to.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow Crapcom sucks ****. They cancelled Mega Man, they did a really craptastic job on Mercenaries, and no AAI2

Great job Crapcom, you're really outdoing yourselves. Maybe you'll even outdo Craptivision someday!

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
While I'm of these guys who says that B/C listed games don't get greenlighted because they won't sell.... WHAT THE FLYING *****

Capcom, you can't just promise a game, claims you'll let fans personally input options for the game, and then cancel it. That's just plain sadistic. It would have been better to just not announce it at all.

How ironic, SEGA is the one of the few JP companies that is actually making GOOD decisions.

EDIT: On a lighter note, is there any fan-art of Mega Man Volnutt and Ryo Hazuki being stuck in some kind of limbo?

Top Bottom