• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man is not in Brawl!

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't mean that. Playing Ryu in Brawl wouldn't feel like playing Ryu no matter how you slice it. The set-ups and combos, and only limited to one super that he needs an item to do? No thank you. No part of my any fanboy bone in my body wants to see any fighting game character in this unless it could feel like playing with the character.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I don't think this deconfirms Mega Man.

Let's suppose for a moment that Mega Man is in: as many people have noted, Inafune would want to avoid a simple "no comment". He needs to say something that can be interpreted as no, but also can be interpreted some other way. What he said fits that. It looks like a no, but it could easily be a deceptive statement. For one, Inafune not being contacted isn't important - it's Capcom not being contacted that would matter. And of course, he can always say that it turned out Nintendo had contacted them and he hadn't heard about it, or that they managed to squeeze him in.

Look at the rest of Inafune's statement - it implies heavily that had Nintendo asked, Mega Man would be in the game.

So what would be required for that to be true? Well, let's think about when Sakurai's considering what 3rd party characters to add. There's no way he would overlook Mega Man. He is one of the most iconic video game characters, super important on the NES (there's a reason he was in Captain N), started with Nintendo and still appears frequently on Nintendo platforms, etc.

So really, there's only two possible reasons why Sakurai would not have asked to include Mega Man - either Sakurai wasn't asking anyone, but only putting in characters if their company asked to have them put in, OR Sakurai just doesn't like Mega Man. I dunno about the former. But I know Sakurai could not think that Mega Man was not worthy to be in Brawl, from an importance and popularity standpoint (and certainly not from a "flavor" standpoint, he would fit in quite fine). And I doubt he dislikes Mega Man.

In other words, the notion that Nintendo would not have contacted Capcom about Mega Man doesn't make much sense. If they were contacting any 3rd parties to ask about characters, after Sega, Capcom would be the most obvious choice. If Sakurai was asking about any character after Sonic, Mega Man would be the most obvious choice. Now, combined with the fact that Inafune strongly implied that Mega Man would get in if Nintendo asked... well, it seems to me that the interview is consistent with Mega Man being in the game as well.

Bottom line: Mega Man could still be in. Inafune is not gonna reveal that Mega Man is in, so unless he wants to just say "no comment", he has to dodge the question but sound like he's saying "no".

On the other hand, Mega Man could be out. But I think that if Inafune was going to say Mega Man was out, he would've said something more believable than "Nintendo hasn't contacted us about adding Mega Man." It could still be true, but in that case, I'm quite mystified as to who they would have contacted.
It was a rep from Sega of europe so he wouldn't know if Sonic was in or not and even then he just said "That's not on our cards at the moment" which didn't mean he wouldn't be in.
I'm kinda wondering, when people say this, what they think the phrase "not in the cards" means.

Cless

Smash Champion
Assuming they contacted anyone else. Also, people knew they could suggest third parties. Sora's on the poll. Sakurai showed interest in Mega Man twice on the dojo.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The point is, all the smart people are in 'The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!'. GO there now! XD And look at past previous statements saying it doesn't neccissarily deconfirm Megaman, or mean ANYTHING! Seriously, we're over speculating. Stop jumpin to conclusions, and think of this from both sides. Even if Megaman ISN'T in the game yet, he could still be made in a month, with hard work by Capcom and Nintendo staff. Yes, I said it. A MONTH!

Cless

Smash Champion
I dunno about all that. He might actually be a clone of Samus if they only take a month to make and debug him.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
The game is probably all but done by this point, besides beta testing and initial shipping.

They won't and can't add anything.

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
I don't care either way, I guess he would have been cool in here butif he is left out then whatever. I got Diddy and Sonic already, so I'm content
yeah im good with those two and wario megaman would of just sweetened the pot for me

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
How do people still think he's in?

Not only that, but how do some people think that this actually CONFIRMS him?

This is even worse than the Ness fans needing a deconfirmation and then needing to see Lucas in the SSE movie to finally realized Ness wasn't in Brawl.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
How can anyone be so ****ing stupid to believe Captain Falcon appears in the Subspace Emissary Movie for one frame, eh, Chi?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I see no reason to flame simply because someone doesn't agree with your views.

Also, it was noted as being a THEORY and was labeled with a quesiton mark. And most of the online community on Brawl forums was believing in it, before it was mentioned by me.

Speaking of thinking dumb things about Brawl, didn't you also think that Ness till had a chance of being in Brawl, up until the SSE movie?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I want mickey in so i can kick his @$$ with mario xD Spyro has had alot of nintendo only game and Rayman just fits with his attacking. + i never had a relationship with megaman, and his too blue we only need 1 blue non nintendo character, and we have sonic.
But Kirby's too Pink, and we already have Peach?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm hoping to god this is true. Seriously, Sonic was bad enough to be put in a fighting game. I don't think I can take another third party character clogging the vitals of the SSBB roster. But even if it's false, and that is a huge IF, it'll suck so hard because I'll have to shred my dignity and play as megaman sooner or later :urg:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
That doesn't really deconfirm anything at all. Nintendo could have easily given him a call the next day saying they'd like to put him in brawl.

Gosh, theres the slightest chance of deconfirmation (that doesn't really hold very well, considering megaman could have been asked to be in brawl after his creator gave the interview) and everyone jumps on it......

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I'm hoping to god this is true. Seriously, Sonic was bad enough to be put in a fighting game. I don't think I can take another third party character clogging the vitals of the SSBB roster. But even if it's false, and that is a huge IF, it'll suck so hard because I'll have to shred my dignity and play as megaman sooner or later :urg:
Mega Man would have been a better decision for Brawl than Sonic ever will be. MM actually meant something to Nintendo.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
Sheesh, if Megaman's deconfirmations is THIS complete, why didn't Kenji just flat-out say "no" about it? That's something I don't get and I don't think I ever will get about the videogame industry...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I want mickey in so i can kick his @$$ with mario xD Spyro has had alot of nintendo only game and Rayman just fits with his attacking. + i never had a relationship with megaman, and his too blue we only need 1 blue non nintendo character, and we have sonic.
...All except Mickey originated from A CARTOON. >_>;

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
Good.

MegaMan is pretty much lametastic.

And I don't think he'd fit in too well.

But regardless.

We need someone cooler from Capcom.

Like Phoenix Wright.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
to all these people who are like ZOMG to many 3rd parties, i highly doubt that you will even think about that when the game begins as megaman and others have been on nintedo systems so long they FEEL like nintendo.

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
Alright this is relevant to most of this topic but...

SORA HAS LIKE NO CHANCE OF BEING IN BRAWL. ****ING DISNEY.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What your problem with disney? And sora reminds me more of a Final fantasy character, but if it was up to me i would just give mickey the keyblade. But i still doupt anyone...
Mickey isn't a video game character, he's a CARTOON CHARACTER! He may be in video games but that does NOT change a **** thing.

Mickey won't be in Brawl.

Sora has a chance but I heard he's owned by Disney so it may be alot harder for Nintendo to even get him.

Top Bottom