• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man 1.0.4 Patch Notes Discovery Thread - New Frame Data (Buffs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Wait, vectoring is gone in 1.0.4? I never heard about that.
Yep.

People are still arguing about exactly HOW it has been changed, but vertical vectoring has been repeatedly tested to be gone. Check one of many threads in the competitive discussion forum for info on it.

...I seriously can't believe that happened though.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So Thinkaman is compiling frame data from a script dump by Dantarion for 1.0.4, and there seems to be some differences from what we have.
Link to data: http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-data-and-hitbox-values-for-every-character-wip.378789/

Currently no IASA data at that link... not sure if he'll be able to add it.

Jab1 - Hits on frame: 2.0 < 5 frames faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
Nair - Hits on frame: 2.0 < 5 frames faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
Dash Attack - Hits on frame: 8.0 < No change
U-tilt - Hits on frame: 6.0 < No change
D-tilt - Hits on frame: 5.0 < 1 frame slower compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
U-smash release - Hits on frame: 8.0 < 1 frame faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
D-smash release - Hits on frame: 17.0 < 2 frames faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
Fair - Hits on frame: 9.0 < No change
Bair - Hits on frame: 4.0 < No change
Sorry for the double post but wanted to make sure people see this.
Apparently the dsmash startup speed buff is true.. Also I really don't understand what's going on with the jab speed. might just be a misunderstanding on what I'm reading.
EDIT: Yes, Nair/jab change confirmed false... just a difference in what's being measured I suspect. No change from old

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm liking the changes to the Down Smash. But I'm surprised that the Slide is a frame slower. But it's hardly the worst nerf of all.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Also I really don't understand what's going on with the jab speed. might just be a misunderstanding on what I'm reading.
Jab speed seems legit, comparing 1/4 speed in 1.0.1 and 1.0.4 it hits WAY earlier now.

Uh, never mind. Not sure if I accidentally tapped once extra and went to 1/2 speed accidentally or what, but I checked again after seeing jab unchanged in the data dump and it isn't actually different.

Last edited:

PairODucks

Smash Rookie
A fairly minor change, but pellets now reflect Gordos (I'm pretty sure they didn't before).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A fairly minor change, but pellets now reflect Gordos (I'm pretty sure they didn't before).
That....actually seems pretty good. Sure it only effects one match up, but pellets are much faster than Metal Blades, so it'll be easier to react to. I'm happy to hear about this change.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So Thinkaman is compiling frame data from a script dump by Dantarion for 1.0.4, and there seems to be some differences from what we have.
Link to data: http://smashboards.com/threads/frame-data-and-hitbox-values-for-every-character-wip.378789/

Currently no IASA data at that link... not sure if he'll be able to add it.

Jab1 - Hits on frame: 2.0 < 5 frames faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
Nair - Hits on frame: 2.0 < 5 frames faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
Dash Attack - Hits on frame: 8.0 < No change
U-tilt - Hits on frame: 6.0 < No change
D-tilt - Hits on frame: 5.0 < 1 frame slower compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
U-smash release - Hits on frame: 8.0 < 1 frame faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
D-smash release - Hits on frame: 17.0 < 2 frames faster compared to Doval's 1.0.3 data
Fair - Hits on frame: 9.0 < No change
Bair - Hits on frame: 4.0 < No change
I think I can tell the difference in Training Mode with it set to 1/4 the normal speed. Mega Buster is definitely faster.

Slight U/D-Smash buffs are always welcome.

1 Frame probably doesn't matter, but D-Tilt wasn't all the safe to begin with.

EDIT: Changed the Thread title, because buffs.

They definitely didn't, good thing I have to revamp the Projectile Priority Thread anyway.

I wonder if it means Lemons were buffed or that Gordo was nerfed?

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Megaman has to be a nightmare matchup for DDD now... he practically was before, but I seriously can't come up with a way that DDD can beat A A A anymore.

The jab/nair buff is huge... Fair > nair body hitbox was a nice string before, now it'll be better. False false false
The dsmash thing is big too. Always nice to get some speed on a killmove.

And yeah, I really don't care about the dtilt nerf. Its usefulness was never about its speed, and it didn't change much.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Side-by-side 1.0.0 and 1.0.4 jabs:

I think the 2f thing refers to the jab hitting on frame 2 once his arm's in position.

Gordos were nerfed. A lot more attacks can reflect them now. D3 players are sad.
I can confirm every part of this.:sadsheep:

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Side-by-side 1.0.0 and 1.0.4 jabs:

I think the 2f thing refers to the jab hitting on frame 2 once his arm's in position.

I can confirm every part of this.:sadsheep:
Can't load the video, but can you tell if there has been a speed buff or not? slightly confused.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
They're completely identical, no change.
lol placebo going wild up in here. I'll edit all my posts to indicate that. I thought there was something fishy about a 5 frame change

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Is there a full list of Mega Man changes? Why is it not in the OP? Thanks.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So it took a bit since I had to unlock Danger Warp in order to test, but Danger Warp killed at 143% in 1.0.3

MrPhox

Tamed Beast
NNID
Mr.Phox
3DS FC
0318-7803-7610
I've been playing the Wii U version, and the Up Air does look bigger. Not sure if it's my perception because the way it's rendered. I'm also killing bowser ~110% with it. That FEELS stronger, but I really don't know.

Testing and cross-referencing it on both my Wii U and 3DS. It could be that on fixed camera mode on Wii U, that there is more space, and thus the tornado looks like it doesn't go as far. While in fixed camera mode on 3DS, it doesn't zoom out as far, so the tornado appears to be traveling a longer distance.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I've been playing the Wii U version, and the Up Air does look bigger. Not sure if it's my perception because the way it's rendered. I'm also killing bowser ~110% with it. That FEELS stronger, but I really don't know.

Testing and cross-referencing it on both my Wii U and 3DS. It could be that on fixed camera mode on Wii U, that there is more space, and thus the tornado looks like it doesn't go as far. While in fixed camera mode on 3DS, it doesn't zoom out as far, so the tornado appears to be traveling a longer distance.
This begs the question: how much does the removal of vertical vectoring
improve Air Shooter?

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Welp... Apparently my 1.0.3 data/the community guide data was bad. There are no knockback or % changes for Mega Man, according to aerodrome.

While I sincerely think fsmash damage used to be 12&20, and BAir killed default mii at 5% later in 1.0.3 (along with having a BAir spike), it doesn't really matter what it used to be/whether it got buffed or nerfed. What matters is that we have correct information for the current version.

Sorry guys... I guess I messed this one up.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
It really doesn't, Air shooter was always kinda weird because it uses windboxes for knockback. It has set Hitstun but its WindBox Knockback does scale with percent However, its only noticible when the opponent Double Jumps. When calculating if it kills you need to factor in, Percent, Weight, AND opponents Jump strength. Unless you use a very very High Uair then it always kills because it drags them through the blast zone.

TL;DR Uair can't kill unless opponents jump, I doubt Vectoring did anything to it because vectoring is applied during HitLag

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Welp... Apparently my 1.0.3 data/the community guide data was bad. There are no knockback or % changes for Mega Man, according to aerodrome.

While I sincerely think fsmash damage used to be 12&20, and BAir killed default mii at 5% later in 1.0.3 (along with having a BAir spike), it doesn't really matter what it used to be/whether it got buffed or nerfed. What matters is that we have correct information for the current version.

Sorry guys... I guess I messed this one up.
Kinda hard to believe (they could have spoken up sooner >_>) but it'll all good. Mega Man was still buffed overall.

It'll probably be easier to test with the Wii U version, the 3DS has a severe lack of options for testing.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Have there been any changes to Metal Blade?

I'm not sure about the previous patch but now it seems to end up stuck in the ground after someone guards against it a lot more frequently or did it always do that in the pas. Maybe the frequency of that happening has gone up or the RNG is screwing with me.

Azazel

Smash Journeyman
Have there been any changes to Metal Blade?

I'm not sure about the previous patch but now it seems to end up stuck in the ground after someone guards against it a lot more frequently or did it always do that in the pas. Maybe the frequency of that happening has gone up or the RNG is screwing with me.
Its really always been like that

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Ah ok... never noticed it before. Usually the blade just kept going and I'd throw something else XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom