• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man 1.0.4 Patch Notes Discovery Thread - New Frame Data (Buffs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Ok. So I won't put much into the OP of this thread yet. A new patch came out today and it has been hinted that there was character balancing. If you notice any buffs/nerfs with Mega Man, feel free to post them here. We can update the OP as we go along.

Edit: My bad. I was wrong. Not released yet. But this will be a good starting point for when it does.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Test Rush Cancelling ASAP, AT's seem to have the priority when it comes to patches and I don't want Rush Cancelling out. If it's in, we can assume little has changed. If it's out, we can assume that a lot has changed.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
One thing to be careful about... apparently saved replays won't work after the patch. make sure to record anything you don't want to lose before installing the update!

(<- this guy currently has a backlog of like 40 videos.... urgh)

Greward

Smash Lord
yeah it should come later within this month
I don't think they're gonna patch the rush cancel, it's not actually a bug.

I read somewhere that Luma's respawn time was increased (because it's increased on WiiU) so I guess there's gonna be some legit changes.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll reopen this once the patch comes out.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Have at it everyone. If you need Kill %s or damage, they can be found in the Community Guide.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I can't test it yet, but according to the general patch thread the recovery for actually shooting Leaf Shield has been dramatically decreased.

So if that's true, then that move just got a bit better than it already was, though it's funny that the majority of the move's usefulness that's been found on here has been in all these indirect way except its main function to actually shoot the thing, which this addresses I guess. lol

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
I just tested it, and can confirm that the IASA frame after throwing Leaf Shield is way earlier now.

It's pretty awesome. From what I can tell just goofing around in training mode, you can now use a thrown LS to pop someone into the air, then run under them and usmash before they recover from their tumble frames. With the new timing you can now also jump, throw LS, then double jump into a fair, which is pretty sweet for ledge guarding.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
On top of lemons and all his other stuff I could see this being a god send for him when fighting other projectile heavy characters with more range (like freaking Samus), to give him another option open himself a window to close the gap. Since LS has distinct properties of launch like that though, that does make me pretty excited that could open up new setups, on top of all the other indirect uses LS's had already.

I wonder if there's anything that can be done by allowing the shield itself to hit once, then launch it point blank.

Oh yeah, was that uair change where it was huge in the Wii-U version footage brought over in this patch like previously predicted?

Last edited:

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Yes, Uair is giant in new patch. Just fooled around for a bit.

Didn't notice anything else drastic aside from that and LS.

If lemons got extended range I can't tell lol.

RC is definitely out. I might consider picking up Beat, but we'll see.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Not going to get to play until tonight, but does uair still have the same killing properties? if so, that's going to be awesome.

Also the thought of leaf shield being a better projectile is amazing.

I still don't know that I'd go with Beat because it's incredibly hitable.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Uair seems to kill at a higher percentage now. Against a Fox I had to Rush Chase and Uair near the top of the stage to kill around 140%

Edit: Nevermind, it just killed at 95%. Maybe it's just as weird as ever. :p

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Alright. I did some more testing of Leaf Shield, Skull Shield, and Plant Barrier. Here are some observations:

#1) The IASA frame is earlier across the board. It is very possible to combo off all three moves now.

#2) May be a placebo, but SB and PB both seem to rotate more quickly now. The upshot is that both moves now seem to combo into themselves and hit twice more frequently when thrown.

#3) PB does not pop people up like LS anymore. (Maybe it never did?) It does straight hitstun, sometimes hitting twice like MB. The upshot here is that if you throw it while falling into someone, you can combo it into a sweet spotted utilt or grab, similar to the Z1GMA Upper, which is freakin' sweet.

#4) SB does not pop people up like LS anymore. (Maybe it never did?) Now it knocks them straight backward; there is no vertical knock back.

#5) LS and SB can't combo into a sweet spotted utilt like PB can, but they can combo into a sour spotted utilt and boost grab.

#6) Can we talk about how LS is better than ever for edgeguarding? The way it pops people up is actually useful for bair, fair, and nair follow ups now. You can toss a LS to hit someone through the stage before they can grab the ledge, popping them up into tumble frames, and then you can follow up by running off stage into a nair to bat them away. So good.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pretty the damage on U-Air has been nerfed. Is now a max of 15% instead of 20% according to what has been previously recorded.

If done on Bowser so all hits hit, the last few do nothing despite them hitting (based on the sounds made).

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
given as hard to hit as uair could be, the wider hitbox (that still kills wtf?) is well worth the lower damage, imo.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Thought this was worth reporting rather than editing, but damage for all Smashes are down by 1-2% no matter the charge.

EDIT: Wiffed U-Tilt now does 8% instead of 12%

EDIT: nevermind the first statement, may have mixed something up.

Last edited:

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
Pretty the damage on U-Air has been nerfed. Is now a max of 15% instead of 20% according to what has been previously recorded.

If done on Bowser so all hits hit, the last few do nothing despite them hitting (based on the sounds made).
Just tested this myself. It still does 19-21% damage when sweet spotted. A landing uair against a grounded opponent will still get that amount of damage.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
So I was slightly worried about the lack of rush cancel specifically in the Sheik matchup (specifically for uair), but then I stumble on this tasty morsel:

:4sheik:
- Bouncing Fish knockback decreased, killing Mario at 131% from 111%
- Uair knockback decreased, killing ~26% later

So that matchup is going to be mostly unchanged.

I approve this patch.

uncaDon

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I really like the idea of improved Leaf Shield mindgames, like now you can condition someone into expecting a grab off it but then do a string off a thrown Leaf Shield instead. Amazing.

Why the utilt whiff nerf though, its already bad enough to whiff that move

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can't tell if Metal Blade damage was buffed/nerfed. Regular it does 3% on 2hits for 6%, and thrown it does 5% on 2hits for 10%, but we have it down as only doing 6% and 5% if thrown.

Can we get someone else to look at Crash Bomber? Can't tell if the time it takes to explode and the knockback are the same. All I've noticed is that sometimes at 300%+ that it starts to act funny with some hits not hitting and doing less knockback.

Just tested this myself. It still does 19-21% damage when sweet spotted. A landing uair against a grounded opponent will still get that amount of damage.
??? It's only getting 15% for me on a grounded opponent.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Can't tell if Metal Blade damage was buffed/nerfed. Regular it does 3% on 2hits for 6%, and thrown it does 5% on 2hits for 10%, but we have it down as only doing 6% and 5% if thrown.

Can we get someone else to look at Crash Bomber? Can't tell if the time it takes to explode and the knockback are the same. All I've noticed is that sometimes at 300%+ that it starts to act funny with some hits not hitting and doing less knockback..
Pretty sure both of these are the same.

Metal Blade damages were 3% and 5% per hit in the last patch, so that seems unchanged (get 2 hits in some circumstances).
Crash bomb has always been kinda wonky about all the hits connecting. I've never understood that.

ChopperDave

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3007-8077-4055
??? It's only getting 15% for me on a grounded opponent.
Well, the combo window registers 15% damage, but if you look at the actual damage values on the character portrait you'll see it still does 19-21% depending on character.

I guess the training mode combo meter doesn't count the first 5% of damage as part of the combo for whatever reason.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Thought this was worth reporting rather than editing, but damage for all Smashes are down by 1-2% no matter the charge.

EDIT: Wiffed U-Tilt now does 8% instead of 12%
By whiffed, do you mean non-sweetspot?

Basically, it sounds like we got a damage output nerf (if our damage output wasn't already pitiful) in exchange for a more usable leaf shield and a wider uair. Are kill%s the same?

I have 1.0.3, so I can test anything like the knock back angle of SS/PB.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
I played for a bit just now. The recovery buff to Leaf Shield is superb. I mean it had options before but now you have the option of launching it after everything with the potential for followups.

I landed uair pretty consistently before but now its extra easy. tbh I actually kind of like the lower knockback it offers more to do at lower percentages.

Edit: Cause I made that whole topic about utilt's lowest possible kill percentage so I actually had something to test against.

I don't know about damage, (sweet spotting utilt at least in training does a solid 17% I should have paid attention to what it did before lol), but knockback wise nothing's changed. Everyone is still killed at the percentages I listed (67% for Jiggly if MM is at 0%) and no lower. At least in training, but I doubt that a universal damage reduction wouldn't show up in training mode.

Edit 2: Ok just for the sake of it I tested it in versus mode vs a CPU and it's the same.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anyone know how much the distance has increased for the Mega Buster? I'm interested in that. Also, has anything changed for the Charge Shot? Hoping it'll have some buffs. I don't know when I'll be able to get the update, maybe later today.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I really like the idea of improved Leaf Shield mindgames, like now you can condition someone into expecting a grab off it but then do a string off a thrown Leaf Shield instead. Amazing.

Why the utilt whiff nerf though, its already bad enough to whiff that move
Are kill%s the same?

EDIT: May have to retest.

Last edited:

Riskman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
weavorsomething
3DS FC
2406-5118-0663
Is it just me, or do the lemons always seem to do 2% now, even right before they disappear? They no longer seem to ever do just 1%.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think I got a couple things mixed up in the Kill %s so some of them nevermind. Will go back though shortly. I think I grabbed the wrong custom set when testing Danger Wrap. :facepalm:

EDIT:

Kill %s
Utilt - (both) Unchanged
Dtilt - Increased ~5%
Charge Shot - Unchanged
Fair - Decreased by 10%
Usmash - Full (unchanged), Not Full (may be up 5%)
Dsmash - Full (unchanged), Not Full (may be up ~10%)
Bair- Decreased by 5% (to 151%)
Dair - Decreased by ~5%

Danger Wrap - Unchanged

Okay I'm done, sorry about the confusion. Seems the %s I had for the air attacks were correct, they all seem to have been buffed in knockback except for Air Shooter which is a ***** testing.

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
As far as i tested:

Rush Cancel nerfed, special moves can't cancel pre-tumble hitstun as of now. Still useful to get out of frame traps.
Throwing leaf shield recovery frames are greatly decreased.
Uair has a bigger hitbox. I also feel like the windbox is stronger but dunno.
Sour Spot uptilt does 12% instead of 8%

I remember danger wrap doing 12% and now it did 13% in training, but dunno really. I also feel like the time the bubble is flying before disappearing is higher.
I feel like pellets do 2% more usually than 1% now, so maybe their damage was very slightly increased (like from 1.5 to 1.8) but maybe it's just placebo (tested this in VS not training)
Fair got less landing lag?
I have been told by a fellow smasher Mega Man and Wario no longer get combo'ed after an aerial grab release. I should test though

Kill moves feel the same to me, haven't really tested Fsmash tho.

Last edited:

Winter W. Winter

Smash Rookie
NNID
VenExio
3DS FC
1650-1446-7034
As far as i tested:

Rush Cancel nerfed, special moves can't cancel pre-tumble hitstun as of now. Still useful to get out of frame traps.
Throwing leaf shield recovery frames are greatly decreased.
Uair has a bigger hitbox. I also feel like the windbox is stronger but dunno.
Sour Spot uptilt does 12% instead of 8%

I remember danger wrap doing 12% and now it did 13% in training, but dunno really. I also feel like the time the bubble is flying before disappearing is higher.
I feel like pellets do 2% more usually than 1% now, so maybe their damage was very slightly increased (like from 1.5 to 1.8) but maybe it's just placebo (tested this in VS not training)
Fair got less landing lag?
I have been told by a fellow smasher Mega Man and Wario no longer get combo'ed after an aerial grab release. I should test though

Kill moves feel the same to me, haven't really tested Fsmash tho.
Completely unrelated to this post. I think we have the same Kermit the Frog lmao.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From what I'm hearing, Mega Man has been buffed slightly. Which is definitely better than nothing. I'm unsure how much I can contribute to this thread though. I'm not much of a pro to see if we can get any new combos on moves. But Up-Smash into Up-Air seems better.

@ --- --- So, the Slide Kick is slightly weaker? Not too much of a major loss, it's not a top kill move for Mega Man, but it does have it's uses. Do you know if it works any faster? That's the one thing I wanted that move to have. Mega Man really feels like he came right out of one of his own games, but the Slide Kick seems slower than it should be.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@fromundaman

Notice anything with Crash Bomber?

@ --- --- So, the Slide Kick is slightly weaker? Not too much of a major loss, it's not a top kill move for Mega Man, but it does have it's uses. Do you know if it works any faster? That's the one thing I wanted that move to have. Mega Man really feels like he came right out of one of his own games, but the Slide Kick seems slower than it should be.
From what I can tell it does slightly less knockback as it no longer kills at 213% and is now around 220%. Whether or not that's better for combos I don't know.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I think I got a couple things mixed up in the Kill %s so some of them nevermind. Will go back though shortly. I think I grabbed the wrong custom set when testing Danger Wrap. :facepalm:

EDIT:

Kill %s
Utilt - (both) Unchanged
Dtilt - Increased ~5%
Charge Shot - Unchanged
Fair - Decreased by 10%
Usmash - Full (unchanged), Not Full (may be up 5%)
Dsmash - Full (unchanged), Not Full (may be up ~10%)
Bair- Decreased by 5% (to 151%)
Dair - Decreased by ~5%

Danger Wrap - Unchanged

Okay I'm done, sorry about the confusion. Seems the %s I had for the air attacks were correct, they all seem to have been buffed in knockback except for Air Shooter which is a ***** testing.
Bair is a better killer??

Uh. best day ever?

Abortion Doc

Smash Cadet
So far I'm liking these changes. Even though Rush Cancel is gone, extra knockback on our aerials and a leaf shield buff should help immensely with retaining stage control. :3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So far I'm liking these changes. Even though Rush Cancel is gone, extra knockback on our aerials and a leaf shield buff should help immensely with retaining stage control. :3
I don't think Rush Canceling is completely gone. It's nerfed, but it's still hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom