• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wariofan1: I've been thinking that for a while now. But, sadly, I think most of the models in PokePark will be on alloys. =/
We may never know. Hacking has come so far. I bet that even soon we will be able to add those bones, which will make me start on Hitmonlee. Im still pissed that he only needed one more bone >.<.

how do the moves work with the new characters? And is it possible to create completely different moves for the characters?
As far as i know most of the best hackers are working on Zero. It should be possible.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
DONT USE PSA TO MOVE HIM!!! I can help
Hey fortwaffles, sorry to bother you but can you help me with my project. I really can't get your editing vertices method to work. Since you understand it more can you please scale Klonoa down for me? I'll send you the model via PM. I just need you to make Klonoa the same size as Sonic.

Edit: Also once the model is scaled to change the hitboxes and hurtboxes would I just have to change some stuff around in PSA?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hate to be troubling (if thats a word? :p) but could anyone please explain step 6 in details? Im no genious when it comes to hexing...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Eldiran
What aspect of the polygon group does that function in PSA from earlier affect? I was looking through the data in a hex editor to see if there was a flag of some sort that could be added to other polygons, but nothing stood out. Is it dependent on which polygon number it is in the nodes, or do we not know?
I'm afraid I don't know. I suspect it is hardcoded for each character, since it does drastically different things for different characters. For Link, for example, when affecting his shield it removes polygon 26 and generates polygon 30. When affecting his sword it removes polygon 21-23 and generates polygon 33.

EDIT:
I think I might have an idea on how to fix that. Lemme test out my thoughts, and I'll let you know if it works or not.
That would be amazing. Don't push yourself too hard on it though -- a properly textured, resized Zero would be more than amazing enough.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Hey fortwaffles, sorry to bother you but can you help me with my project. I really can't get your editing vertices method to work. Since you understand it more can you please scale Klonoa down for me? I'll send you the model via PM. I just need you to make Klonoa the same size as Sonic.

Edit: Also once the model is scaled to change the hitboxes and hurtboxes would I just have to change some stuff around in PSA?
just let me know what the scale factor is after scaling him correctly in PSA and ill do that

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Still looking for someone willing to scale up MegaMan Volnutt, since I appear to be incapable >_<

Also, if anyone could tell me how to scale up in PSA, just as a temporary measure until I get it vertexed, I'd appreciate it.

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Awesome guide, thanks ^^

*epic win picture of Shaymin Sky and Jiggs*
OMGIAMSOHYPEDFORTHIS

Anyway, I've heard about the quick multiply.exe thing. I tried to use it to shrink the size of Moonview, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Does it even work on stages? If so, what can I be doing wrong?

...I would have searched the forum, but the search feature has decided not to work for me. >.>

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
OMGIAMSOHYPEDFORTHIS

Anyway, I've heard about the quick multiply.exe thing. I tried to use it to shrink the size of Moonview, but I think I'm doing something wrong. Does it even work on stages? If so, what can I be doing wrong?

...I would have searched the forum, but the search feature has decided not to work for me. >.>
I don't think it can be used to shrink, it only takes whole numbers, so division wouldn't work.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
where's fortwaffles with my fix?
lol jk i just want an update

EDIT: OMG I FOUND THE NARUTO ANIMATIONS
they're in the common folder i found like gaurd kick and stuff
ill see what else i can get

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, do they work on the resized model?
ok so i got over excited when i found block
i found gaurd and ninja star and stuff
and im not sure ima need SQleon to take a look because idk how to make the chr0's work
when he gets on ill tell him where to get them

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Well, this is my last model import test for now

I just can't make textures go brighter without surpassing the brightness I want ^^U

Anyways, they are good enough xD

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
yeah so i think naruto ex3 uses a .mot (for motion?)
idk but yeah i looked through like EVERYTHING

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Appearently someone got Animations from other games to work. Check the "Brawl box creations thread" somebody got The Blue Spikey Shell from MKW in Brawl as the Smash Ball with the Animations from the game of origin. And he made a guide on how to do it.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Appearently someone got Animations from other games to work. Check the "Brawl box creations thread" somebody got The Blue Spikey Shell from MKW in Brawl as the Smash Ball with the Animations from the game of origin. And he made a guide on how to do it.
OMG from a .mot?
PLEASE SEND ME THE LINK!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Someone already figured out how to import animations, Klonoa team has like 10 animations (only 3 of which are usuable)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
When it says to go 0x414 bytes ahead, then you go 414 bytes ahead.
Not 1044 bytes.
Actually, it is 1044 bytes. The "0x" at the beginning of the 414 means that it's in hex notation, so 0x414 = 1044. But you have to go back to the beginning of the material header, or else it won't work.

Top Bottom