• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Fen__

Smash Ace
well don't worry, all of the animations from NSMBW work with your method, so hats off to you!
but I was wondering if it's possible yet to change a bones ID because it would be REALLY helpful
Yes, you can, but this is not the place to ask for random help. Ask in the appropriate place, and you'll get help (if you can't figure out where that is on your own, then you may not deserve the help).

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Yes, you can, but this is not the place to ask for random help. Ask in the appropriate place, and you'll get help (if you can't figure out where that is on your own, then you may not deserve the help).
it was for an imported model. and just to get this straight, you know how but you just want me to post in a new thread and then wait until someone answers my question, instead of just giving me the answer.
That's real nice. :ohwell:

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Chill, dude. You could've just linked him to the appropriate place rather than saying "find it yourself". Even linking him to the "Search the Forums" page would've helped more.

it was for an imported model. and just to get this straight, you know how but you just want me to post in a new thread and then wait until someone answers my question, instead of just giving me the answer.
That's real nice. :ohwell:
He meant that you should search the forums to see if a thread about this topic has already been made. I'll save you some time: one has, and it's right here.

Optionally, you could've just asked FortWaffles for help in a PM, since he is the biggest authority on Brawl model bone structures right now.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
He meant that you should search the forums to see if a thread about this topic has already been made. I'll save you some time: one has, and it's right here.

Optionally, you could've just asked FortWaffles for help in a PM, since he is the biggest authority on Brawl model bone structures right now.
Thank you for being helpful. :)
edit: crap, I still can't get it to work. uuuuuuuugh

Fen__

Smash Ace
Yeah, the FMA models just don't seem to want to work. If anyone can get Edward Elric to work then I would give them a donut or something if I could.
What do you mean by "work"? I know they can be imported to BrawlBox. I skimmed most of the previous pages in the thread earlier looking for the DS MDL0 discussion and saw two screenshots of Ed in BrawlBox (one with the red hoodie, one without). I assume you mean work in-game, though.

Also, regarding the guy asking for help earlier. I said that because people don't even bother reading the forum rules (there's a nice sticky in this forum saying that you're not supposed to ask for help in this forum; it directs you to the Help forum, where he should have went). I wouldn't have said that had it actually been something specific to MDL0's since it is still a fairly new thing and questioning for the purposes of exploration of everything related to MDL0 importation is to be expected, but that was not the case. It was still probably a little harsh, but it's really hard to take people seriously when so many never bother to even read, search, etc. before bugging other people to do those things for them.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
What characters have you guys tried them over so far?
First I tried Sheik, then I tried Luigi, then I tried Red Alloy, and the guy before tried Olimar. The model always freezes. I tried to see if maybe they had too many polygons and tried deleting some unneeded ones but it didn't help. Maybe they have too many bones or textures.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
@Fen: Yeah, they work in Brawlbox (you need to uncheck certain polygons and textures though, that make them look all black or white), but they freeze in game when you select them.

They have over 200 bones as well. <.<
hey i think i got something to work but i havn't tested it in game
and i can't becuz i won't get to my wii until friday :/

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if the stages for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As a King &/or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As a Dark Lord have to be resized or anything? (just as a heads up)

Fen__

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if the stages for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As a King &/or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As a Dark Lord have to be resized or anything? (just as a heads up)
Someone a lot earlier in the thread (somewhere between pages 100 and 150 maybe?) posted some images of some imported characters. You could find their posts and see if they mentioned any sort of resizing (or PM them if it doesn't).

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I don't think they were resized, but I'm not sure if they were to Brawl's scale or not. Might have been close enough.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I don't think they were resized, but I'm not sure if they were to Brawl's scale or not. Might have been close enough.
They were fairly short. Maybe a little taller than Toon Link I want to say. However, they looked fine to me at that size due to their art style. Like you said, though, not sure if they were resized or not.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Open the cmd and drag and drop cpk_unpack.exe into it, space, drag the cpk of your choice into the cmd, hit enter.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I'd like to report that Wii fit plus uses MDL0. File format is Carc, but its just like Szs. Though not all of them can be open, the important ones with all the cools models can. I think regular Wii Fit Uses MDL0...

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
you know who would be a awesome smash bros character? this retro dude

http://www.siliconera.com/news/0606/ssbbdl02.jpg

if you can guess who he is you get a cookie

unforntually there's no 3d game with him in it yet

but i heard they are making one for Wiiware ^^ so someone might be able to in the future get his model if its in MDL0 format ^^

Top Bottom