• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA UGZ: MLG prep, may 29, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco03

Smash Lord
i played ok this tourny............good job zucco i had you but i forgot you were lucario............meep ugh ice climbers..........atomosk what happened but overrall decent tourny

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
holy *** @ double 3 stocking PS, i've never even done that LOLOLOL

izumi too good/ps so random

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Tant got into PS's head because of the screwed up bracket during the match. That might have effected how he played. I doubt tant cares though lol

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Logic didn't get double 3 stocked. PS 2 stocked him game 1. Second round Izumi took him to rainbow cruise. It was even. Then Tant walks up to PS during their tourney match and tells him that he's never going to a tourney ran by PS ever again. Then they get into an argument. So PS loses round 2.

PS is really upset so he plays horribly round 3.

Allied

Smash Master
Logic didn't get double 3 stocked. PS 2 stocked him game 1. Second round Izumi took him to rainbow cruise. It was even. Then Tant walks up to PS during their tourney match and tells him that he's never going to a tourney ran by PS ever again. Then they get into an argument. So PS loses round 2.

PS is really upset so he plays horribly round 3.
I heard double 3 stock i really doubt izumi of all players would lie about that

Just because PS is salty about tant doesnt' mean he has legit johns to losing so what he lost to izumi

and he was about to get 3 stocked game 3 but rage quit and threw his controller.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I heard double 3 stock i really doubt izumi of all players would lie about that

Just because PS is salty about tant doesnt' mean he has legit johns to losing so what he lost to izumi

and he was about to get 3 stocked game 3 but rage quit and threw his controller.
everyone has some sort of weakness or thing that makes them play worse. PS' doesn't like being disturbed while playing and he's been working on it and trying to make it so he doesn't care. But it does mess with him. and I personally think anyone would play worse if someone started an argument with them during a set.

Let's just take it to an extreme. If you had heard a close family member died you would probably end the tournament playing horribly and lose to the next person you played against no matter what. The same type up thing happened to PS but not nearly as bad(I'm not trying to say Getting into an argument is just as bad as losing a family member). You shouldn't start an argument with someone during a tourney set and you shouldn't be surprised if they play worse. At the same time though, if you're a competitive player you cannot let your surroundings effect you during game play. But if they do, I think fellow players should at least try and respect that.

So you're right. It is the players responsibility over all to not let things effect them but other players should still try and respect that weakness. Under no circumstances though should a player ever start an argument with another player during a tourney set

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think I apologized to PS, but I was really mad and I let it fly. Oh well. What's done is done. I think him losing to Izumi actually calmed me down.

I've had people ask me questions and tell me to come over to the bracket in mid tourney match before, (especially at pound) and people who are upset and I just ignore them.

I wouldn't do it again and I wasn't starting an argument, just releasing my frustration. It's over now and I don't think PS is too upset about it anymore.

Aposl

Smash Ace
i just want to say that it was cool NJ came and hung out, but next time PLAY ME IN FRIENDLIES!

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Gamecube

@tant
No you didn't apologize and you probably were happy I lost, you have a thing for wanting me to lose

@ me losing to izumi
No one finds it odd that I 2 stocked him while carrying a conversation with atomsk, weas going even on rainbow.... tant "let his frustrations out on me" and I couldn't take a stock off from that point on? W/e

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
PS, don't let it get to you. Just **** **** next time, I know you're good for it. Tant's statement should come true; he should never go to another tournament held by you.

Unless he apologizes and realizes that being unlucky in a bracket =/= distracting and confronting the TO during -his- tourney match

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha nice, June is the MAN. And Atomsk in 9th? Good **** MD/VA :D

And Poyo, are you going to the next ATHF event? We can play there.

Deez.

Smash Lord
I hate these MLG rules... the set continuation is stupid and so is the stage counter picks... smh. regardless I need to step it up. I shouldn't be losing to certain people... sigh Im just going to pick up MK for stupid azz stages.

Good stuff Lie,Takeo,June..

My bad june in teams... I'm just prolly gonna learn Mk for teams.. hes such an easy character. XD

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I hope you keep hosting at UGZ deez even though the broken couch and stuff. I like that place

we don't really have any consistent tourneys these days

hopefully I can get a venue that will last

meepxzero

Smash Master
u know if they do set continuations they need to do counterpick continuations meaning u cant use the same counterpicks as before. It makes the most sense if you do it that way. Sucks losing over continuations if your garenteed to always lose on something gimpy like norfair or brinstar.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Money match. Don't go and attack my username and intelligence, a sensible response to my challenge would've been more fitting, and productive. I don't like carrying things out for pages at a time. Yes or no.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
u know if they do set continuations they need to do counterpick continuations meaning u cant use the same counterpicks as before. It makes the most sense if you do it that way. Sucks losing over continuations if your garenteed to always lose on something gimpy like norfair or brinstar.
Thats actually a really good point.. they should start enforcing that.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Haha nice, June is the MAN. And Atomsk in 9th? Good **** MD/VA :D

And Poyo, are you going to the next ATHF event? We can play there.
Tbh, I don't know when I get to goto tourneys x_x

I don't have a lot of money and I'm saving up for MLG Raleigh. When is the next ATHF tourney? Thread link?

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Theatrics are meaningless, Tant. Instead of putting on a show, by passing this off as some insignificant occurence(displaying your ignorance for the presented principle), or establishing yourself to be in some false high position(whichever will stall your decision further), you can provide a useful response in your next post. Yes or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom