• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA UGZ: MLG prep, may 29, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
ok, so mlg is about two weeks away... and md/va failed at the last one, its time to step it up and show the nation what we can do. me, along with several others, will watch a couple matches and give tips to anyone who request it. i encourage everyone else to do the same, md/va really needs to step it up and a week before mlg seems like a decent time to start. every mlg rule will be enforced (almost, we will allow wireless controllers to be used by everyone but me).

I expect to see MD/VA come out and get/give the last bit of practice in before MLG's 2nd event.

701 Russell Ave
Gaithersburg MD, 20877

Prices:
Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $10.00 each person
Venue Fee: $7.00

UGZ cares about the community, they decided to make the venue $7 to encourage as many people to come as possible

Times:
Doors Open- 10:00 am
Team Sign ups- 11:00 am
Team Start ups: 12 noon
Singles: 4pm

*NOTE*
do not be late... mlg does not tolerate it and neither will i, so forewarning... don't get mad if you are late to the event and get DQ'd or are not placed in the bracket

Rules:
1. No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s Grab Release Infinites against Ness.

2. No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.

3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
4. No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.

5. No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.

6. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.

7. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

8. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.

9. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.

10. In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.

11. In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.

12. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.

13. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.

14. After the Characters and Stage have been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11 (Stage Banning). For Stage Banning, Players may not ban the Stage that has been selected for Game 1. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.

15. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.

16. After the Stage for Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.

17. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. Multiple Tiebreaker Rounds may be used if necessary. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

18. If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay #17). The Edge Grab Limit will be 35. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 15. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.

19. Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.

20. If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.

21. If Players are scheduled to play each other for a 2nd time in an Open Bracket, and they played a Best of 3 Game Match in the Winners Bracket, their Match will expand to a Best of 7, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 2 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 7 will resume with Game 3 and Player A leading 2 Games to 0. When the Match is resumed, the loser of the Winners Bracket Match must select the Stage for the upcoming Game. When the Match is resumed, the winner of the Winners Bracket Match must select their Character for the upcoming Game first. The loser of the Winners Bracket Match must then select their Character for the upcoming Game.

22. If the Players scheduled to play each other in the Finals played each other in the Winners Bracket Finals, their Match will expand to a Best of 11, include the previous Match, and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 Games to 0 in the Winners Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 4 and Player A leading 3 Games to 0. When the Match is resumed, the loser of the Winners Bracket Finals Match must select the Stage for the upcoming Game. When the Match is resumed, the winner of the Winners Bracket Finals Match must select their Character for the upcoming Game first. The loser of the Winners Bracket Finals Match must then select their Character for the upcoming Game.

23. If the Players scheduled to play each other in the Finals have not yet played against each other in the Open Bracket, an initial Match must be played. If the Player who came from the Winners Bracket wins the initial Match, they will win the Event. If the Player who came from the Losers Bracket wins the Match, a tiebreaking Match must be played. The winner of a tiebreaking Match will win the Event.
1v1 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None

2v2 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On

Starter Stages

Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages

Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
oh yeah thats right :( I guess I just kind of hoped you were going anyways.. I believe ybm is. I guess i'll see you again, someday?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
oh yeah thats right :( I guess I just kind of hoped you were going anyways.. I believe ybm is. I guess i'll see you again, someday?
ybm also did horribly last time.... controller johns? possibly

(but yea.... i'm going, only because GAAME where i could have used my wii-mote got cancelled

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I want to come, hopefully my ride wants too as well. If not, can anyone scoop me n Tant up?

Aposl

Smash Ace
I think we might give out those extra monsters that we have from player's bowl here. Might as well, they r the low barb version. Only one per person though we only have like 25

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
I think we might give out those extra monsters that we have from player's bowl here. Might as well, they r the low barb version. Only one per person though we only have like 25
I WANT ONE OR I SHALL DESTROY UR FIRST BORN!!!!:mad:

_SIN_06

Smash Apprentice
I know this is totally random people. . . But i just wanted to make a list of the top brawlers in Md/Va in my opinion before the actual new Power rankings list come out. Im only going to do top 10.

Ok this will be in order to.

1.Candy
2.Logic
3.June
4.Neo
5.Takeover
6.Korn
7.Boss
8.Lie
9.Speed
10.Deez

I know ive been slippinn these past few tournys. But i gaurentee u guys this weekend i will get top 5!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom