• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Korn went on over Boss because they split first but Korn beat two ranked NC players, that was better in our opinion, Xanadu gave MD players more chances to get wins(because it was on a weekday and not as easy to get to) so because of the lack of VA events we lowered the attendance requirement, hence while LLODs great performance got him ranked.

Sorry for any confusion, maybe VA should hold ranbats too! :)

:017:

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Just looked at the PR and I agree with everything (assuming Xanadu Xanbats affected PR) except with Korn on and Boss not. Yeah they split in GFs in NC, but WFs was played out which Boss beat Korn in (dunno who Boss beat to get to WFs though), so IMO Boss should be on instead of Korn since he outdid Korn at the one tourney they only entered singles at. But whatevs, it's just 10th place I guess. XD

EDIT: Wait... Just looked at PR again and I disagree with Luckay being over TC1. Luckay did subpar this season other than winning in NC, but I think his best win there was Archer. I know TC1 beat Luckay in the head-to-head in pools at SKTAR with Luckay not making it out of pools at SKTAR and TC1 tied with PS for MD/VA's highest placing at SKTAR (I think I saw in the bracket that TC1 beat Bizkit which is a pretty good win). I think TC1 tied with Luckay last weekend (not sure) and outplaced him at one of the Xanadu Xanbats. I dunno much about the results, but I don't think Luckay's NC win should get him so high (if that's why he's so high, I know even I outplaced him at 2/3 of the tourneys we both attended this season, Chu's and SKTAR, but he outplaced me at Seagull's, and I'm an unranked. NC is the only thing I can think of getting Luckay above TC1, but that looks like it's getting too much credit). TC1 got 25th at SKTAR and Luckay got 65th at SKTAR, that's the national we had this season, so that tourney should have more weight than an NC tourney. It's just my opinion, but still.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Hmmm, let's see...

You entered Chu's and he didn't, you got 9th but beat Iota who got 5th so that's good. I forgot who beat you in Winner's, but I know you lost to Darkflame in loser's and Darkflame beat TC1 at a Xanadu, so that can't be held against you. I think there was a Xanadu you entered that you got 4/5th (not sure) at that he didn't enter. Then another Xanadu I know he outplaced you, but you only got 9th cause Chu was late/in loser's right away, so I won't hold that against you, I'll say that tourney was even between you two. He got 7th at Woodbridge on the same day you won NC, not sure who he beat though, so I dunno if I can say who outdid who that day. SKTAR he outdid you (everyone from MD/VA except PS) and beat you in the head-to-head too, so he wins there. I think you two tied at Seagull's, right?

Well, I guess since you entered more and he only really outdid you at SKTAR, I guess it's fair, but I still feel SKTAR should have heavy weight since it's a national and he beat you in the head-to-head, but after analyzing each individual tourney, I'd say it's fair for you to be higher than TC1.

I still think Boss should have the 10th spot instead of Korn though since they played out WFs which Boss won.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Korns name was on top, so he won. That's how we read it. We don't apply splits. Same goes for joes tournets, we marked that as lie getting 2nd. If you really want rankings to matter, don't split or give up. Earn your placings. Boss also lost to korn in the 2nd set.

:phone:

boss8

Smash Hero
Korns name was on top, so he won. That's how we read it. We don't apply splits. Same goes for joes tournets, we marked that as lie getting 2nd. If you really want rankings to matter, don't split or give up. Earn your placings. Boss also lost to korn in the 2nd set.

2nd set?

we only played out winners finals....

then korn proceeded to **** dr pp....

then we split....

i coulda just won GF IMO....but korn is an old friend,and i knw he woulda done the same for me if i had bodied PP that hard...

but i guess me being a nice guy got me off the rankings and him on it...

nice guys finish last i guess..

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
i personally think overall the rankings not based off of wins i seen(rankings based off what i know players in your region as):
1. ChuDat(hes the strongest player/the gayest/the smartest in your region)
2. Lie(hes a strong player and inconsistent but can be the best or top 4 at worst)
3. Logic(usually always consistently good even OoR)
4. Coney(amazing player but uses DDD so hes inconsistent)
5. Seagull(good player but inconsistent but uses a gimmicky character)
6. lloD(heard alot of good about this guy/he did amazing at that one tourny)
7. Junebug(best player in MD/VA at his prime but has fallen off/rarely shows his face)
8. Boss(top player in MD/VA but is lazy and rarely goes to things and if he does he might not even enter singles)
9. TC1(hes a good player but hasn't shown any greatness which is why hes 9th)
10. EE(hes a good player but has off days alot.)

thats my list. I really don't care what anyone thinks about it thats just how I see your region ATM

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
i personally think overall the rankings not based off of wins i seen(rankings based off what i know players in your region as):
1. ChuDat(hes the strongest player/the gayest/the smartest in your region)
2. Lie(hes a strong player and inconsistent but can be the best or top 4 at worst)
3. Logic(usually always consistently good even OoR)
4. Coney(amazing player but uses DDD so hes inconsistent)
5. Seagull(good player but inconsistent but uses a gimmicky character)
6. lloD(heard alot of good about this guy/he did amazing at that one tourny)
7. Junebug(best player in MD/VA at his prime but has fallen off/rarely shows his face)
8. Boss(top player in MD/VA but is lazy and rarely goes to things and if he does he might not even enter singles)
9. TC1(hes a good player but hasn't shown any greatness which is why hes 9th)
10. EE(hes a good player but has off days alot.)

thats my list. I really don't care what anyone thinks about it thats just how I see your region ATM
Imma be up on this list soon. At least 4th np.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
LLOD might be the best or 2nd best player in our region. If he were more active. His Bro, smash god, might be near the top 10 as well. EE would also probably make rankings if he entered. Again, that's all woulda coulda shoula. If Azen/Chillin/NEO/Forte/Omni/Lukky/Hova/Greg/Meep/Takeover still played brawl they could be high level too. All we can judge by is what we have in front of us.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
How am I or Lie inconsistent? I consistently get top 4 at locals. My tourney was the first time I got 5th in almost 2 years. I also always make it outta pools at nationals and place top 5 at regionals usually. What...

I counter Coney so him being above me would be weird.

:018:

Coney

Smash Master
we're 3-2 in tourney sets, you don't counter me

i sincerely wish people would stop getting so hyped over beating me like i'm a big win when i play so rarely, i haven't mattered in 8 months

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Llod almost beat chu two years ago, I'd imagine he could pull it off. That matchup is even. I agree that neo and omni would be great counters to him especially knowing his style, but this isn't a hova grade peach, lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont understand the joke

but i assume its making fun of steve

so

LMFAOIORFKLSDJA;FJKASJL HAAHHAHAHAH

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
LLOD might be the best or 2nd best player in our region. If he were more active. His Bro, smash god, might be near the top 10 as well. EE would also probably make rankings if he entered. Again, that's all woulda coulda shoula. If Azen/Chillin/NEO/Forte/Omni/Lukky/Hova/Greg/Meep/Takeover still played brawl they could be high level too. All we can judge by is what we have in front of us.
Same thing I said, da heck. lol

So he might be better than Junebug, Chudat, Lie, Ps? *I'm mentioning active players only*

we're 3-2 in tourney sets, you don't counter me

i sincerely wish people would stop getting so hyped over beating me like i'm a big win when i play so rarely, i haven't mattered in 8 months

lol @ Seagull calling you out.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i lost to a Samus... and then i beat that same Samus and got 2nd place.

these dudes and their petty accomplishments. it's about who's money is going in my pocket and at the end of every tournament i'm making personal withdrawals from your bank accounts. hold that

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
also just now noticed that Coney call out. Wow Seagull...lets not get ahead of ourselves

Omni make me decent again.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
also just now noticed that Coney call out. Wow Seagull...lets not get ahead of ourselves

Omni make me decent again.
so u can just give up midway again? oh hell nah. i only train people to be da bess; not decent.

Top Bottom