• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
TBH we didn't do that horrible at the tournament.

We got top 3 in every event except singles and Brawl minus.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
i think we did horrible if NONE of us broke top 8

we had our #1, #4, and #7 in attendance

Omni

BRoomer
i'm just saying

if you're not first, you're last

too many of you are okay with top 10 still. true champs don't settle for anything outside of the money

and if someone is making more money than you then you need to be beating them

insert drama: i do think plenty of brawl players have a very scrubby mentality when it comes to achievements. most melee players have matured and have mastered the art of "no johns" and "shut up and be better"

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
are you talking about at inuis...wasn't there just 4 event's

which pretty much means you guys did 50% well

which is still an F

<---Believes Omni on that last statement

<--is included in that last statement

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
In reality, I don't go into a tournament hoping to crack top 10, I hope to win it or come home with cash.

We did terrible. 33rd is just unacceptable, despite "respectable" losses. Improve or don't improve.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
i'm just saying

too many of you are okay with top 10 still. true champs don't settle for anything outside of the money

insert drama: i do think plenty of brawl players have a very scrubby mentality when it comes to achievements. most melee players have matured and have mastered the art of "no johns" and "shut up and be better"
Trust me, I am not happy with my loss. If I didn't suicide against Inui I could've played Dr. Grandpa which I'm pretty confident I would've beat. Then I could've played Ally and he hates Ice Climbers. :mad:

focusing on the bad doesn't help, but making excuses doesn't either. MD/VA did good in all events except singles. I did well in no events though, so I need to step it up

Omni

BRoomer
also

dont be content with just beating your opponent

beating them is cool but like

your goal is to become unbeatable to them

like getting top 3 once is cool but

your goal is to -never- get anything outside of top 3

/themindoftruechamps

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Baby steps...baby steps.

Work on just reaching your goal of top ten, top three or whatever then worry about consistently staying there and build your way up.

inb4derogatorycomments

Coney

Smash Master
there's nothing wrong with incremental improvements, but there isn't really anyone NEW in md/va, just people who have kinda settled into their "eh i could never beat THAT GUY" mentalities

it seems like most people not on PRs think something like "well, i could beat THAT GUY on PRs but everyone else would just destroy me"

y'all scurred

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I think everyone that went to inui'stourny did super terrible...when I saw those results I actually felt somewhat embarrassed. In this region there are many top class players...but only a few of them are actually placing their skill level, beating Ppl of same skill level, and having only legit losses.

As of right now, the 4 best players in our region ( in no order) are me, June, ps, and Chu. Yet both Chu and ps stay losing to random **** they shouldn't be losing to.
Me and junebug seem like the only consistent top players in our region. The rest of you (mainly ps Chu) can get do it to and step it up.
My honest opinion is that coney is yet to be considered a "top player", but he is at least consistent with his skill level, and when he does become a super duper legit player ( which he is really close to)...he's gonna be consistent as he'll and ****

Everyone else...step it up. No johns.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i'm just saying

I have adopted this mentality myself recently.

I no longer consider anything less then money placings an accomplishment.

I also love MM's now.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
true statement @ Candy.
Even though my lack of attendence I haven't ***** tournies yet.
But through this experience of failure gets me better and I feel one step ahead every tourney I go. The tournies I've been too lately suprisingly placing worse every tourney even it feels like I'm 2 times better.
But finally learned how Brawl works and won't lose to random people. TBH everybody in this region needs to step it up. All of the top players in MD/VA including myself are a bunch of 8's and 7's. none of us even breaks top 10 nationally and are never consistent.

But I'm willing to break that MD/VA barrier. Hopefully I'm not the only one in this region that dedicated.

boss8

Smash Hero
I think everyone that went to inui'stourny did super terrible...when I saw those results I actually felt somewhat embarrassed. In this region there are many top class players...but only a few of them are actually placing their skill level, beating Ppl of same skill level, and having only legit losses.

As of right now, the 4 best players in our region ( in no order) are me, June, ps, and Chu. Yet both Chu and ps stay losing to random **** they shouldn't be losing to.
Me and junebug seem like the only consistent top players in our region. The rest of you (mainly ps Chu) can get do it to and step it up.
My honest opinion is that coney is yet to be considered a "top player", but he is at least consistent with his skill level, and when he does become a super duper legit player ( which he is really close to)...he's gonna be consistent as he'll and ****

Everyone else...step it up. No johns.
wait....who are you???

is this the starcraft boards???

GTFO....u never go to anything....

na it jus sucks i hafe to use a top/high tier to atleast compete SMH....

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hey md/va, just pound 5 is coming up in JUST A FEW MONTHS!!

i am trying to get tons of hype for brawl this time around as opposed to last time so please go to the thread and post up if youre coming and that others should come or whatever you really want to post. it doesnt matter!

I just know the most posts are coming from OOS players!! Step it up and show support for your region, give them a reason to WANT to come so we can all have an amazing tournament experience. I am trying my best to promote both events but I know that MD/VA has a pretty decent brawl community that will be at Pound and has not been active in the thread at all!!

<3 to the players who have already been supporting it lots (boss, lobos, tant, greg, etc) but i know md/va can do better!! Stop failing OOS performances and perform here, at the biggest tournament, where it matters. :)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I've been having conversations with some AiB members who are MD/VA locals so I'm expecting they'll show up, figure their first event should be huge. I've been hyping it like the super bowl to 'em lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yes you have, and i've noticed that and I really appreciate it a ton phil. You're awesome. Tant told me he wants to have you work with him with Brawl at Pound 5 and I would love if you would help as well. We should chill sometime soon, its been a while.

Oath.

Smash Ace
you shouldnt have given him your wii lol, he has enough money to get a used one im sure.. but thats none of my business.

wheres neo at? We need him to win us OOS tourneys

Top Bottom