• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MC's Wario guide. + matchups

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Doesn't peach have like a grab release footstool infinite or something along those lines?
I think that's escapable. What is inescapable is if you waste your jump and you get grabbed by Peach. And about characters that can infinite Wario, add Ganondorf toobusytocare.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i was just talking about characters that can grab to re grab

peach can do that gay stuff to wario but unless you're on FD and the peach is perfect you'll get out eventually

not that peach needs an infinite vs wario....

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
i was just talking about characters that can grab to re grab

peach can do that gay stuff to wario but unless you're on FD and the peach is perfect you'll get out eventually

not that peach needs an infinite vs wario....
Ganondorf can grab release infinite Wario, and if Wario is at low damage he can grab release, small step until getting to the edge and murder spike Wario.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
whats that mean?
There are two types of grab release's. One air one ground. Air release is when Wario goes straight up in the air. Ground break is when they land on the ground. Wario feet has to be off the ground in order for an air break to occur. Because of MK's size he can't force an air release unless Wario's feet or dangling off a ledge.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
He CAN force air break to Wario if he pivot grabs a Wario in the air. This along grabbing in the edge are the 2 only ways to do it on him with MK.
I mentioned the edge in my second post. As for the pivot grab thing I'll just take your word on it since I haven't had that happen ot me yet.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
This guide changed the way I play Wario.
Be sure to add the part about how a few Lucario mains are stubborn and can't agree that it's a slight advantage in Wario's favor.
This guide is currently changing the way I play wario.
Hi all!
I'm planning to drop marth and pick up..... so I'm a completely new to the wario boards....I mean I know only the basics of wario. :)

So I'm learning him currently.
(I'm probably the only wario that can get gimped)
lol
I'm learning his recovery since I'm use to recoverys like ROB's and Marth's.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hi all!
I'm planning to drop marth and pick up..... so I'm a completely new to the wario boards....I mean I know only the basics of wario. :)

lol
Just recover high. I also dropped Marth for Wario it's a good choice Wario is vastly superior to marth.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Hi all!

lol
I guess I lied.....I decided that i'm not gonna pickmup wario and drop marth....I'm still gonna play marth and I'm not picking u wario. Sry, wario community.....I had fun for the time I was apart of you guys. :)

Padô

Smash Lord
I guess I lied.....I decided that i'm not gonna pickmup wario and drop marth....I'm still gonna play marth and I'm not picking u wario. Sry, wario community.....I had fun for the time I was apart of you guys. :)
Thanks, you are gay for exchanging a sexy ripped body to tiaras lol.

YES, numbers here are outdated, we are keeping a matchup discussion everyweek, make sure to give your opinion.

Excellence

Smash Champion
The match-ups need to be redone and posted up in one thread so people don't have to search. A lot of the stuff listed is very outdated, wrong, or biased toward Wario. Things like "you shouldn't get hit by this" are not as helpful as "space".

Asa

Smash Hero
fiction

what are your matchup numbers for
falco
marth
snake
ddd
and diddy

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
fiction

what are your matchup numbers for
falco
marth
snake
ddd
and diddy
falco: 55-45 falco...its 60-40 on fd but the counterpicks even it out. don't let him go fd its way harder

marth: 60-40/55-45 marth...its possible and you should be able to beat any marth but its not easy

snake: 50-50 exactly. No doubt in my mind.

ddd: 55-45 ddd to 50-50....fairly even also not easy

diddy: ive always sucked vs diddy cuz I have no diddy exp. I'd say probably 50-50? Could be better for wario I just don't know it.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
falco: 55-45 falco...its 60-40 on fd but the counterpicks even it out. don't let him go fd its way harder

marth: 60-40/55-45 marth...its possible and you should be able to beat any marth but its not easy

snake: 50-50 exactly. No doubt in my mind.

ddd: 55-45 ddd to 50-50....fairly even also not easy

diddy: ive always sucked vs diddy cuz I have no diddy exp. I'd say probably 50-50? Could be better for wario I just don't know it.

I definitely think that we have a small advantage on Snake, and that the Marth MU is even at best; and I'm being generous with that.

D3 I agree with, and I think that we even have an advantage against Diddy, albeit small.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Matchup with marth is probably 55-45.
You can still win and there are worse matchups but marth still isnt that easy.

Top Bottom