• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Then why not add Raichu instead of a handicapped Pichu? A more powerful (or just as powerful) Pikachu. That's what we needed and I'm pretty sure that if they did that instead of adding that stupid big headed rat that many people would have wanted Raichu to come back to Brawl.

I don't care if Pichu has a higher fan-base than Raichu. Raichu & Pikachu> Pichudork
You answered your own question.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You'll have to forgive 0rion. He doesn't take kindly to cute pokemon.......at all. I just hate cute prevolutionary pokemon in the game of Smash.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
You got that right

Lucario You Rock!!!

I need to get this off my chest because quite frankly, it's killing me.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a single flying **** about Lucario? I care so little about new pokemon, let alone a pokemon who looks like it was designed by a 4th grader who wanted to make Starfox with spikes, that seeing it in the character select screen would make me weep openly for the possible good characters dumped out of the way for this generic walking pokemon abortion.

I mean, remember back in 1997 and 1998 when pokemon first came out? They were these cute little creatures thatwere kinda based on animals that you could collect, and they were adorable.

Now, designers have become so desperate to make more games that completely push aside the design of the creatures in favor of something that may look "cool" or "powerful," that an entire generation of Pokeon becomes forgettable. Don't believe me? How many of the 151 pokemon from Red and Blue could you name with just a picture. Now, try that agin with Ruby and Sapphire.

And the only reason Lucario is famous is because he's the latest star in a long line of third rate Pokemon movies. Since when did the "cute little pokemon" need backstories? At least Mewtwo got famous because he was so ****ing powerful in the first games. But now designers are trying to outdo Mewtwo (with characters like Lucario) in an attempt to make the next generation of pokemon games look "cooler" or "necessary" because they've got that one more even more overpowered pokemon, that they only succeed in killing the design, and screwing with the balance for most trainers.

Are all new pokemon this way? No. But Lucario sure is.

So keep Lucario out of Brawl. Not for Smash Brothers. not for Pokemon. But for Nintendo as a whole.

(((I should've probably posted this in another thread. meh. I'll start my own tomorrow. But it's late now so I'm going to bed.)))

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman

Am I the only one who doesn't give a single flying **** about Lucario? I care so little about new pokemon, let alone a pokemon who looks like it was designed by a 4th grader who wanted to make Starfox with spikes, that seeing it in the character select screen would make me weep openly for the possible good characters dumped out of the way for this generic walking pokemon abortion.

I mean, remember back in 1997 and 1998 when pokemon first came out? They were these cute little creatures thatwere kinda based on animals that you could collect, and they were adorable.

Now, designers have become so desperate to make more games that completely push aside the design of the creatures in favor of something that may look "cool" or "powerful," that an entire generation of Pokeon becomes forgettable. Don't believe me? How many of the 151 pokemon from Red and Blue could you name with just a picture. Now, try that agin with Ruby and Sapphire.

And the only reason Lucario is famous is because he's the latest star in a long line of third rate Pokemon movies. Since when did the "cute little pokemon" need backstories? At least Mewtwo got famous because he was so ****ing powerful in the first games. But now designers are trying to outdo Mewtwo (with characters like Lucario) in an attempt to make the next generation of pokemon games look "cooler" or "necessary" because they've got that one more even more overpowered pokemon, that they only succeed in killing the design, and screwing with the balance for most trainers.

So keep Lucario out of Brawl. Not for Smash Brothers. not for Pokemon. But for Nintendo as a whole.

(((I should've probably posted this in another thread. meh. I'll start my own tomorrow. But it's late now so I'm going to bed.)))
Protip: Try to be a little more civil and a little less insultingly immature in the individual post, so maybe people will try and care. No offense, just...Jesus. Seriously.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
It's not that insulting; especially not just because it's in direct opposition to the character you want the most. I don't necessarily agree with him (I've enjoyed all the Pokemon movies I've seen and can name a good majority of the third-generation) but I do think that there are better choices than Lucario, especially to pull people (back) into the series. If Lucario's random spikes were removed and its four head thingies were unified to make him look more like an anubis, then I'd definately be open to it but it just doesn't sit right with me. He was, however, picked as one of the forerunners of the generation and people ignore the other 106 fourth generation Pokemon that could be their true favourite without knowing it.

On the topic of Pokemon, and this is the last point before I keep McFox's topic off-topic--there is a Pokemon topic (that's been overrun with not-so-smart people)...that's also made by McFox but that's beyond the point--and this isn't directed at D_K and I'm not suggesting he implied it, but I don't like all this "first 151 onry" crap. (<--Run-on sentence of the century) There're plenty of fans of Pokemon across all four generations and we shouldn't just adhere to the wants of people that have abandoned the franchise. The loyal fans of each series should be the undisputed authority on Pokemon representation. And this "one per generation" crap...we shouldn't just ignore awesome characters because of these superficial reasons...Hopefully McFox can forgive me for ranting off-topic in his thread. :/

On topic...those pictures are awesome. I don't agree with all of them but that's to be expected. (I think the majority of the posts in this thread are almost exactly like that but...oh well.) I particularly like the part about King Dedede. Surprisingly enough that's the only character I really want because I'd main him. I'd main him hard.

Off topic...How come I got yellow? :/

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I don't like all this "first 151 onry" crap. (<--Run-on sentence of the century) There're plenty of fans of Pokemon across all four generations and we shouldn't just adhere to the wants of people that have abandoned the franchise. The loyal fans of each series should be the undisputed authority on Pokemon representation. And this "one per generation" crap...we shouldn't just ignore awesome characters because of these superficial reasons...Hopefully McFox can forgive me for ranting off-topic in his thread. :/

Off topic...How come I got yellow? :/
I think the only decent choices for Pokemon characters are the most recognisable ones anyway, like the ones you would consider important to the series. Take Pichu for example, there probably were other choices for Pokeclones, but most would easily know what Pichu was by comparing it to its counterpart. No offense McFox, but Paras doesn't really stand out in any way.

Off topic...what is yellow?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
No offense McFox, but Paras doesn't really stand out in any way.
I don't think McFox has much faith in its inclusion either.
Off topic...what is yellow?
My name in McFox' signature. I would've asked in PM but...I don't like those things. :/ I'm not that upset about it, really, since McFox made, like, twenty copies of it before settling on the final one and he seems to be a busy man. But...I do have a sort of signature color (the one I always post in not the one in my signature). :/

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Be thankful, Devastlian, I sent a PM to McFox but didn't seem to make it in. . . . taht's it I'm gonna post in a diff. color too now...

Hmm, I obviously have no taste in color.

Wait a second, He's missing someone in magenta, I should try again.

I hope you know that Lucario(Rukario) isn't a legendary pokemon,he is an evolutionary pokemon...

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I hope you know that Lucario(Rukario) isn't a legendary pokemon,he is an evolutionary pokemon...
Not that being legendary mattered anyway. It's all about popularity, and I guess people love Lucario. I guess Sakurai would choose Pokemon based on children's opinions, as I'm thinking the rest of us would have more of a say in the characters of more mature games, like Fire Emblem.

Hey EpF, like the sig:laugh:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, I doubt there are any perks...It's just a club of people whose names are on the banner. Or maybe it's the people that appreciate the staff's work on the site and contribute worthwile content, who support their arguements, show some wit, and took the initiative to want to be part of said awesome club. Or something like that.

Ya know, despite the evidence of his almost-appearance in SSBM, I have a hard time imagining the Balloon Fighter in SSBB. It'd be cool to see another character with a rather simplistic character design get the works in terms of being brought back up to date a` la Pit and Ice Climbers and Marth. They could probably get him to work, now that I've seen that picture McFox made and can now imagine him not hunched over like in his game and for his trophy. That would make (probably) three plus overall clad characters, though (assuming Luigi is in and Wario can don his classic outfit and the rather large off-chance that Stanley the Bugman makes it in [he is Mario's cousin after all {I think}]), and I think they could try to get more variety in legwear. For example, kilts would make for a rather unique experience and potentially different moveset than what pants offer. Or something.
That last part was a joke if you couldn't tell...<.<

I think EpF was responding to D_K's mentioning of Pokemon more powerful than Mewtwo and Lucario (which I think might not have been intentional). Lucario is considerably weaker than Mewtwo and the other "uber" Pokemon and is a bit less powerful than the likes of Dragonite, Moltres, Mew etc. It's still pretty decent and definately not low tier thanks to his decent stats and good moveset (though, a few Pokemon, Mewtwo included, gain Lucario's signature attack albeit at a radically higher level than it does). Or they could be talking about the movies where Mewtwo totally outclasses Lucario. But...I'm probably looking too far into this.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
For example, kilts would make for a rather unique experience and potentially different moveset than what pants offer. Or something.
Please, Devas, never scare me like that again. Anyways, I don't really think his clothing affect his chances of appearing. It was probably just the style at the time.;)

New thought - Maybe McFox just doesn't like me.:(

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
You want to know a child of Bowser's that doesn't suck? You have eight options:

Bowser Jr. sucks.
Thats only 7 unless your counting Bowser Jr.

Also Mcfox everyone has their opinion on who they want in Brawl, I'll just hope that he gets in while you hope he gets killed in the pit of fire of no return. Also I love the pic of Diddy you drew NICE!!!:cool:

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
1) I don't care about Lucario.

2) The sig is just something I decided to do. Other members have done it at one time or another.

3) I'm not missing anyone in magenta, I don't think I could fit anyone else.

4) Out of the people who PMed me, I chose the names I most well recognized.

5) Thanks, I love the picture of Diddy too.

6) I was thinking there was eight Koopalings, but as everyone has pointed out, there are only seven. Sorry for the confusion.

7) Bowser Jr. sucks.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Hey, McFox, I've got another thing to say.

For King Dedede, the only thing you seemed to mention is the fact that he's a penguin.

Don't get me wrong, penguins rock and all, but you didn't seem to mention any other reasons he'd be a likely/good addition to Brawl, i.e., he's a major character in the Kirby series, he's appeared in EVERY Kirby game, except one, and he simply pwns!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I don't really care about any other reasons. He's a penguin, so he should be in. That's really all the reasoning I need.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I guess since you have 14,717 posts, I guess you can say whatever ya want even though I don't think that's a good enough reason McFoxy. The fact of the matter is this: Sakurai created DDD so he's gonna make it to Brawl more than likely ya follow me cuz?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
The fact of the matter is this: Sakurai created DDD so he's gonna make it to Brawl more than likely ya follow me cuz?
That and the fact that he had more letters displayed than any other character in the SSBB poll, was the second most requested character (of those who didn't make it; Wario was the first) in the SSBM poll, and was intended for SSB.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
0rion, you started your post like you were going to contradict me, and then completely corroborated what I had to say. What's your point?

Also, this is not a topic about "this character has X% chance to get in the game." This is MY topic meaning, "I think this is the reason that this character should get into the game." Reasons like "Dedede is a penguin" and "Bowser Jr. sucks" apply here.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
it says n00b, but I've been playing SSBM long before I found this place.

Diddy kong: Don't know much about this guy, but it sounds like he would be awsome, thats all I need

Krystal: The staff makes her a very plausible addition, not to mention a combat style lacked in SSBM

Dedede: SSBB is made by the kirby man himself, so quite plausible. I don't have much of an opinion myself however

Ridley: He just may work, I'd like to see how this guy would fit in SSBB

Sonic: Oh the possibilities. I'm not much of a sonic fan, but he could fit right into SSBB. almost guaranteed

Baloon fighter: haven't given it much thought, I suppose he could manage. I don't have much to say about this

Geno: If I knew more, I'd say more. but he seems to be a worthy candidate.

Megaman: why not?

Wolf: Many believe his moves would be similar to fox. Big whoop-dee-doo, many SSBM players prefer Falco over Fox despite their similarity in moves. whats wrong with just a slight variation between only 2 characters? Personally, I'd like to see this guy make it in, however improbable.

Lucas: I wouldn't mind a few psychic characters, plus hes better looking than Ness

Olimar: this could be... something... pikmin... I'm not quite sure what to think about this one

Stafy: I don't know much about him, therefore, no opinion

Fawful: he could be real funny, gotta love that mustard.

Tom Nook: if the likes of Game & Watch can make it in SSBM, why not Nook in SSBB? I wouldn't mind clobbering an opponent with a shovel every now and then.

Hector: whatever,

Skull kid: I know I'd play him if he were included. not so likely though

Kamek: Don't know much about him, he seems like a worthwhile pick from what you've said

Hitmonlee: I don't see much potential for this pick, than again, it is the "no chance in hell" category

Paras: at first, I wouldn't have thought so, but you put up a very convincing argument. I say go for it.

Koopa Troopa: the only thing this guy is really good for is stripping him of his shell, and chucking it at someone.

Prince: umm... well... I don't really know

the firepit: no arguments here.
One link is like all the links in any given chain.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
McFox, I think your picks are very logical. Your drawing of MM is timless classic imo. i was crakin up with laughter.

What are your thoughts on Little Mac (either version)? I didnt see him there...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I was never really a big Punch-Out fan. Little Mac's alright, but I like other characters better.

And also, any Pokemon that doesn't have a not-in-hell chance sucks. Hitmonlee and Paras the best, followed closely by Delibird and the new water starter for Diamond and Pearl. Dragonite, Blastoise, and Jolteon are also acceptable. Most of the other ones suck.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
McFox's documentation of why Paras should be in is fantastic. Truly, a mite-like insect combined with mushrooms is nothing short of brilliant.

But what about his other pick, Hitmonlee? What has he done in the anime or otherwise that makes him as ridiculously cool as Paras? After careful reviewing, I found a spectacular event that speaks volumes in favor of the kicking potato's inclusion.

Watch this clip from the first and best Pokemon movie, starting at 2:16. Watch the Hitmonlee and clone Hitmonlee fighting, and pay close attention.

I believe popular culture has termed this move the "tea bag."

Flipping amazing. Hitmonlee for Brawl.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I didn't watch the clip, but there's two things that make Hitmonlee awesome.

In Pikachu's Vacation (which was that short movie that came on before the first movie), there's a part where Pikachu and Raichu's cheeks are stuck together, and they start running around, causing trouble. There's a shot where Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are sparring, and Lee does some pretty kick*$$ moves before the Chus hit them.

He's named after Bruce Lee, the greatest martial artist who ever lived.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
0rion, you started your post like you were going to contradict me, and then completely corroborated what I had to say. What's your point?
All I'm $ayin cuz i$ that you need to bring a whole lot more to the table than just the fact that Dedede is a penguin. Like.......$ome concrete rea$on$ mi hermano.:ohwell:

It'$ too late now $ince me and Devastilan picked up your slack.

Skywalker

Space Jump
4) Out of the people who PMed me, I chose the names I most well recognized.
:)

Bowser Jr. was only awesome in Yoshi's Island, during the final boss battle. Wait, that was Baby Bowser. Bowser Jr. is Bowser's offspring. Baby Bowser was Bowser when he was young.

"Baby protagonist" characters aren't as generic as "evil protagonist clones" like Fake Crash and Dark Link. It's like how every time someone brags that Shadow is bad***, I'm honestly groaning at how stupid they sound.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
0rion said:
All I'm $ayin cuz i$ that you need to bring a whole lot more to the table than just the fact that Dedede is a penguin.
Actually, as I already explained. I really don't. I would go into it, but it would just be a copy of what I wrote to you last time you posted that. So feel free to reread it and respond to it again.

As I said, this is NOT a "these are the characters that have good chances" topic. This is a "these are the characters that are awesome because I say so topic. As such, any and all reasons that I list are the only ones that are needed.

Top Bottom