• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
They already have. Zero-Suit Samus.

McFox, I don't see why you don't like the idea of remodeling Young Link. Perhaps you need to stop thinking of it as 'Celda', a cel-shaded, brand new character. It's really more a case of updating the model for the character, the same way they did for Pit and Link. The new style isn't exclusive to WW. Minish Cap and Four Swords both featured Link in this style, and neither of them were cell-shaded.
But Zamus isn't a pure character addition. This has been confirmed on Smash Dojo.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Thats because Zamus isn't a pure girl, she is very naughty. That is what Sakurai meant.

Skywalker

Space Jump
*Naughty thoughts*

So, you're saying that an intergalactic bounty hunter is working in a strip club? The Metroid series is too legendary to fall to that level. <_<

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like the multiple versions of the same character thing, so I hope they take Ylink out. Different versions of the same character should be reserved for alternate costumes, like a Dr. Mario costume for Mario. That woulden't work for Link and Ylink though, maybe Link can turn into Ylink when he gets hit by one of the shrink mushrooms?

Also, Samus will turn into Zamus under certain circumstances in a game, so that doesn't count as another variation character added.

Skywalker

Space Jump
There is a poll about the transformation from Samus to Zamus stickied in General Brawl Discussion.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The only concern I have about King Dedede is that he will be kirby with some Ice Climber mallet moves. And metaknight already seems like kirby with a sword. In one picture it looks like he is doing Kirby's Toward Smash or at least his dash attack from SSB64.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Metaknight's moves accurately reflect his games. Yes, his body is shaped like Kirby, and he can fly, but the similarities end there. Metaknight is very different. Dedede is even MORE different to the point where they have almost nothing in common. He can suck people up on occassion, but only to spit them out at angles to make them hit things. He can't fly, and he has a big hammer.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I thought King Dedede could float like kirby by sucking in air. I haven't played the games for so long, I don't remember much of his attacks.

I wonder what advantages Kirby will have over Metaknight. The guy seems like Kirby with armor and a sword. And Kirby really doesn't have projectiles besides his sword and stolen moves.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Dedede could sort of float, but he could never fly to the extent of Kirby. He could just hover a couple of feet overhead and try and land on people.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
In Kirby Allstars King Dedede could float pretty high. You get to see an example of it in the Grand Prix racing mini game. On course 3 he had to float up like 10 stories to complete the race.. hmm or were there things he could jump on? I forget.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
I kind of hate Celda Link. The visual style was interesting, sure, but that doesn't mean I LIKED it. Especially now that Okami has done it SO much better.

Out of those options, I'd rather they leave in regular Young Link, so that Skull Kid could act as his adversary (with Ganondorf countering adult Link). Not that Skull Kid really needs YLink there, but out of those options, I dislike YLink less. :)
i think if they get rid of Ylink, coz u really only need one LINK tbh, then they will probs get rid of Dr.mario and there'll b no way BowserJr will b makin an appearance... but dont worry im sure their trophies will b difficult to get XD

P.S. KOOPER TROOPER FTW, popular and a gr8 candidate, better then tht bowser jr. guy anyday :p

besides whats the point of putting in variations of a character, imean nintendo will already increase the sales by generating interest from fanbase of the chars, so two links and two marios (as seen in Melee) jus seems..well...pointless :S , and i dont think nintendo will do it again
JO3 got the point more of what I was trying to say, it doesn't have to be cel-shaded, although I guess I implied that by saying Celda instead of WW Link. Really all I meant was Luigifying Y. Link Y. Link would never have a grappling hook, the Deku Leaf, or the Wind Waker. The Wind Waker and Deku Leaf could each be the basis for >B and ^B moves. I'm saying this mostly because when you have two chars as similar as Link and Y. Link, or Doc and Mario, if they're not going to be further differentiated for the next game, they should just be taken out to make room for others. Except for Doc, he'd better be totally overhauled in SSBB, or taken out all together. (I HATE DOC!!! :mad: :psycho: :mad: Can you tell?) Updating his look would be very good also, not to mention that you're right, Okami did do it better, and I've never even seen the game in motion, only in screenshots.

J03

Smash Master
JO3 got the point more of what I was trying to say, it doesn't have to be cel-shaded, although I guess I implied that by saying Celda instead of WW Link. Really all I meant was Luigifying Y. Link Y. Link would never have a grappling hook, the Deku Leaf, or the Wind Waker. The Wind Waker and Deku Leaf could each be the basis for >B and ^B moves. I'm saying this mostly because when you have two chars as similar as Link and Y. Link, or Doc and Mario, if they're not going to be further differentiated for the next game, they should just be taken out to make room for others. Except for Doc, he'd better be totally overhauled in SSBB, or taken out all together. (I HATE DOC!!! :mad: :psycho: :mad: Can you tell?) Updating his look would be very good also, not to mention that you're right, Okami did do it better, and I've never even seen the game in motion, only in screenshots.
wewt sum1 gets me, theres no problem in increasing characters from the same series as long as there not clones with only minor differences (if any1 brings up teh fox/falco situation in melee they need slapping because not only are the two a)different characters b)both nessecary to represent starfox but the difference between the two chars is imense...sorry if no one was thinking tht...i jus get paranoid ^^), as for the samus/z.s.samus situation in brawl, we have no idea iif u can transform into z.s.samus directly from samus, can only choose one or the other in certain situations or if z.s.samus is completely replacing samus

if anyone has any more info on samus/z.samus sit' in brawl plz lemme kno :(

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Fox and Falco are still clones in the sense that their moves (B and A moves) look exactly the same. That is boring. If Falco returns he should learn some new moves.

J03

Smash Master
they 'look' the same i agree and it does seem lyk a lack of imagination on nintendo's behalf 4 tht, but the chars and most of their moves have different KB, damage, lag, duartion, spike/KO potential.

so i wouldnt wnat nintendo to cahnge falco's moves but new animations for them would be gr8 i think

any1 agree/disagree

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I dont know, I love Fox and Falco's moves. They have the same moves yet completely different styles. That's not boring at all to me, I would rather them keep their same moves. Same thing with Ganondorf and C. Falcon, 2 completely different styles. It will be weird seeing Ganondorf relying on a sword rather just the raw power of his fist, so I hope he keeps the same, or close to the same moveset in brawl.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Gannondorf should not keep the CF moveset. He has his own from his games which he should represent! He uses magic and weapons to destroy his foes as well as cunning manipulation. I don't think Falco's personality would allow him to copy Fox's style. He is an arrogant, self-absorbed bird, just look at his crest.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
Gannondorf should not keep the CF moveset. He has his own from his games which he should represent! He uses magic and weapons to destroy his foes as well as cunning manipulation. I don't think Falco's personality would allow him to copy Fox's style. He is an arrogant, self-absorbed bird, just look at his crest.
Correct 100% on Ganon, but if you put Fox and Falco in a real world situation, flying in the same squadron, they would have similar or even the same training, so one wouldn't be copying the other's style, since they probably learned from the same place.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I think Fox and Falco could stay clones, IF they added Wolf to the game. If Wolf is not in, then Falco needs to be separated further. If Wolf is in, then they only need to change Falco up a little. I think the Fox Illusion should stay the same length, but the Fire Fox (or whatever it's called) needs to be shortened to the Fire Bird's length. Falco's Fire Bird needs to go much farther, the length of the current Fire Fox, because he's a bird. Also, his aerials should be better than Fox's, while Fox should be better on the ground. Giving him the spike is an excellent start, although giving him Fox's UAir would be another step in the right direction. This is all, of course, to play the up the fact that Falco is a bird, so he should be better in the air then Fox, who is a land-based mammal, despite his pilot training.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I like that idea, that would work well for falco. Give him all the air strength but give fox more ground strength. But with ganon I still think he should be all about power and using his fists rather than his sword. So keeping something similiar to his current moveset would be good. Just change some of his falcon like B moves and ground smashes. His aerials should all be left alone except his Nair. Also keep his tilts and ground nuetral a, which is already unique. His intro could be him walking onto the stage with his sword resting on one shoulder, then he looks at his opponent with disgust, laughs, then throws his sword off the stage behind him and cracks his knuckles/neck. Perfect.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Fox and Falco could stay clones, IF they added Wolf to the game. If Wolf is not in, then Falco needs to be separated further. If Wolf is in, then they only need to change Falco up a little. I think the Fox Illusion should stay the same length, but the Fire Fox (or whatever it's called) needs to be shortened to the Fire Bird's length. Falco's Fire Bird needs to go much farther, the length of the current Fire Fox, because he's a bird. Also, his aerials should be better than Fox's, while Fox should be better on the ground. Giving him the spike is an excellent start, although giving him Fox's UAir would be another step in the right direction. This is all, of course, to play the up the fact that Falco is a bird, so he should be better in the air then Fox, who is a land-based mammal, despite his pilot training.
And of course if you wen't the sustained clone/Luigification way, you could change Falco's Blaser even further from Fox's into something to reflect one of the guns in assault, and change the Shine into something else altogether to add some extra originality.

J03

Smash Master
what u propose would simply eliminate all of falco n foxes weaknesses therefore making them an unfair chars :S

true tho tht falco should have better aerials but his fire bird's length shouldn't alter at all because his jumps are so uber, all be it he is a bird so in theory his jumps shudnt b tht good but his fire bird should be lol.
tbh it seems like fox and falco should swap movesets because it makes alot more sense tht way, with fox having good jumps because he cant fly, and his fire fox should be short as he's limited as he has no natural ability to fly. his ground moves would b strong (like falco's atm...if u dont believe me, check out the difference in their d-tilt's) because...ermm...thts were he spends much of his time ^^, and falcos aerials being better because hes a bird but not very good jumps because he compensates them with his uber fire bird.

if u swap the two around everything makes sense :S, dunno about swapping the shines around tho, but i think whoever has the rubbish fire bird should have a longer but weaker illusion and vice versa for the other

U KNO IT ALL MAKES SENSE !!!

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Yeah, those ideas about Fox/Falco seem really broken. It sounds to me like your just weakening Fox a little while making Falco into the most broken character I've ever heard of, which is crazy since he's already pretty close to broken. And as far as Wolf being very different from Fox/Falco I disagree, he would have to have certain similarities. First of all he would have the blaster, and three characters with the same move would be annoying. Also since he has a similar build, he would likely share alot of Fox's physics like his falling speed, friction, etc.
Aside from that though I really do like your list. I think your being a little liberal with the likelyhood though. I'd love to see some of those guys, but I just don't think they have as much of a chance as you say they do. But still, nice list.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I do agree with it being weird that Falco is a bird that falls fast and has crap recovery, I've made jokes about it with my friends pretty often. I think it would be a good idea if they weakened some of Falco's offensive ability in exchange for improving his recovery.

raphi

Smash Rookie
im pretty sure thet diddy kong and at least one character from f-zero will make his or her debute in smash bros brawl..

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hmm, guess I didn't make it clear enough. What I was supporting was to make Falco a good air character but a mediocre-AT-BEST land character, while doing the opposite to Fox, significantly weakening him in the air, but making him good on the ground.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Why would you want to change charcters allready in place do you really think that they will just change all the charcters' physics? Fox is fine how he is and Falco needs a new moveset is all.

REØ

Smash Lord
fox will be changed a littel hes not going to be exactly the same as the melee fox, but ya falco is probably gonna change a lot

-Off Topic- **** wtf basement dweller @ your post count

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I'm subsribed to alot of threads and I try to keep up with them all. How much do you think they will change the original characters they haven't changed much thus far.

REØ

Smash Lord
i dunno they will probably remove jcing the shine(i hope they dont) nerf his uair and usmash and possibly remove his gay fair

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I don't think that they should only improve him. If they improve something they should decrease something to keep a certain balance, so that they don'y make one character too good that he can't be beaten by another character.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Uh, Fox IS too good. That's why he should be nerfed somehow. Giving his aerial prowess to Falco seems like a good way to do it as far as I'm concerned.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Strictly an opinion then? I'm fine with him and I don't use him if you were thinking that I don't want him changed because I did.

AtticusFinch

Smash Journeyman
Lol, i like your pictures and your roster and i agree with all of the charecters you wanted. I find this thread very funny, seeing how your argueing with the other guy.

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
Thank You McFox! I have said this several times, and I know I have support when I say so. Fox is incredibly overpowered. From the shine, to the overall speed, he is just far too powerful. He has ranged attacks, quick attacks, and some devastating melee abilities. It just doesn't make sense.

Xelyst

-_-
idk i wouldnt say hitmonlee is impossible but i agree with everyone else

Top Bottom