• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

McFox's picks for Brawl... with pictures!

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
I think saying Kamek is a generic is a bit much. Sure, there are generic Kameks as recent as Paper Mario, but the non-generic Kamek is as recent as Yoshi's Island DS as well, and appears in Super Princess Peach as well as Mario & Luigi Partners in Time. He's even less generic than Toad these days, really, if you put together a side-by-side comparison of RECENT games where he was SIGNIFICANTLY featured as generic and featured as non-generic (...or heck, maybe even every game they were ever in, including non-recent games)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I would love to see kamek attack with the 3 colored shapes from his wand. Nintendo has made him much less generic. kamek is a little like yoshi because there is a non generic THE yoshi, and then lots of random colored yoshis, as seen in the intro of melee. but you rarely see multiple kameks at once.

Vali

Smash Ace
First off this topic could just be the end picture and still be incredibly awesome, mainly for the parts with Shadow, Waluigi and Balziken on fire (although im starting to have my doubts how effective setting Blaziken on fire would be, but it's the thought which counts).

As far as generic characters were concerned, i wouldn't mind seeing a Koopa Troopa (i'd love a Para Troopa but we dont need another winged floaty guy with far too many jumps by the looks of things) or even a Toad in as long as the movesets gave them justice in maybe making the generic character a bit less generic. Perhaps even using Koops from PM2 and reworking and expanding his moveset could work in order to give a bit of personality to the Koopa's since im sure you can all agree that it would be preferable to have Kamek than just any generic Magikoopa.

On the subject of Hector, I think Presea from Tales of Symphonia would be a better choice of axe wielder as then the more popular choice of Ike for representing the FE series could still be included without overcrowding Brawl with FE characters ^^ ToS was a fantastic game and i believe it didn't sell all that well, which is a real shame as it's one of the very limited solid RPG experiences on the poor 'cube.

Overall a nice pick of characters that i honestly wouldn't mind appearing on the smash bros. website in a few days, just wish i knew more about some of the more obscure characters (Fawful, Prince, Staffy etc.) to comment on them :(

Docablo

Smash Rookie
Omg i can't believe u set just set Celda link and bowser jr. on fire.....
other wise i love it, especially tom nook - his main attack would be putting you in debt and him yelling at you about how much u owe him.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Omg i can't believe u set just set Celda link and bowser jr. on fire.....
other wise i love it, especially tom nook - his main attack would be putting you in debt and him yelling at you about how much u owe him.

Tera can. w00t for all of them dying in a fire.
~Tera253~

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Dude I wish you were smarter... Ridley better not be in Brawl. It's good that Paras has 0 chance b/c he is one crappy pokemon. It's not even fully evolved. Ever hear of Sleep Clause anyway? Even if you landed a spore before you got OHKO'd (which you probably wouldn't) Sleep Clause makes paras worthless from then on. Lol at you.

Waluigi is one of the greatest characters ever. He will be in Brawl and he will own you. Oh, and Staffy is crap too. 'Nuff said.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@Mattewmilad

stop flaming ridley noob.

Waluigi deserves to burn, and, and you probably hadn't even given staffy a chance. maybe you should read the negative nancy thread. really. seriously, you seem to like making enemies.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
WHY DID YOU BURN WW LINK MCFOX!!!!!!!! **** YOU TO HELL!!!!!!!! LOL i loved seeing shadow burn tho, that didn't bother me so much, and yea i think your drawings are kick ***.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ww link is as needed as doc mario. we don't need 2 links. one is enough, and, in my opinion, windwaker sucked pretty badly. i can't even see windwaker link fitting as an alternate costume.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It's not even that I didn't enjoy playing Windwaker. I did. I plan to get Phantom Hourglass. It's just there's absolutely no reason to have a cel-shaded Link when Twilight Link is already in, ESPECIALLY considering how ridiculous Celda Link would look next to every single other character in the game. It would be worse than the juxtaposition of G&W with someone in Melee.

drewdizzal

Smash Apprentice
You guys might be right....he would be a little weird with the cel shading and all. i just loved the game, and if they wanted to bring y. link back, why not WW link? But i will definetly get phantom hourglass, that games gonna be the shizzy. Ah well, as long as G dorf is in, ill be a happy, HAPPY man.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Lucas
From the recently released Mother 3 (Japan only), Sakurai has already shown interest in the character. Like Ness, Lucas has psychic powers, and would be a great addition. If I knew more about him, I could put more information down here, but more psychic characters (as opposed to sword characters) can't hurt.
Are you saying he should be in replacement of Ness or in addition to Ness? I don't know that I'm opposed either way, but I'm just wondering what your thoughts are. (Apparently, Sakurai wanted to get him in before Melee came out, so Ness was stuck...)

I'm also curious what he brings to the table and how he's different from Ness (it would help me decide if they'd be good both in the game...)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well Lucas WAS going to replace Ness in melee, but since the game Lucas is from would not yet be released by the time melee was, he decided to keep Ness...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Keep in mind that this is just my opinion, but I really don't like Ness. The way his moves are set up, his special attacks aren't anything to write home about, etc. It's been that way since Smash64. In my mind, even if they reworked Ness for Brawl to be a bit better, it would be like having a better version of a swift kick to the nuts. In the end, if it hurts less then great, but it's still a kick to the nuts. I think if they want to have a light character with psychic-type powers, then great. But if they're stuck in the Ness template, then it's not going to be much better. I'd rather them just replace Ness and start over.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
It's not even that I didn't enjoy playing Windwaker. I did. I plan to get Phantom Hourglass. It's just there's absolutely no reason to have a cel-shaded Link when Twilight Link is already in, ESPECIALLY considering how ridiculous Celda Link would look next to every single other character in the game. It would be worse than the juxtaposition of G&W with someone in Melee.
I think the very difference appearances of characters is something that Smash should have. The characters come from different games, and shouldn't be assimilated into some ultra-realistic appearance. I don't have any particularly strong desire for Wind Waker Link to make it into the game, but he could easily have a very unique moveset from Twilight Princess Link. Deku Leaf, grappling hook, mega-ton hammer (or whatever the WW version is called), and such would all make for a good moveset without coming close to duplicating the traditional Link moveset that will undoubtedly stay with Adult Link.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think the very difference appearances of characters is something that Smash should have. The characters come from different games, and shouldn't be assimilated into some ultra-realistic appearance. I don't have any particularly strong desire for Wind Waker Link to make it into the game, but he could easily have a very unique moveset from Twilight Princess Link. Deku Leaf, grappling hook, mega-ton hammer (or whatever the WW version is called), and such would all make for a good moveset without coming close to duplicating the traditional Link moveset that will undoubtedly stay with Adult Link.
The grappling hook is only valuable if you want to steal insect-shaped jewelry from oversized pigs...(and almost all of those items are items adult Link has, too, except that he isn't programed to use them in this game)

oh oh...I got it! When he does his up-B it's a spin attack like Link's, but instead....he goes all over the stage until he either runs into a wall or falls of the edge ;)

Seriously though, WW Link would suck...haha

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@paranoid android
thats exactly why i couldn't even see wwlink as a costume.

i am not opposed to the character altogethor, just not in brawl, and the ww game. the phantom hourglass looks good, so i don't despise the windwaker style. just keep it separate.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow. . .Aint seen this thread in a long time.

Reminds me of something. . .

If you don't like Blaziken than you can kiss her ****ing blaze kick. . .
http://imageigloo.com/images/4621BlazeKickM.jpg
http://imageigloo.com/images/7851Blaz+Lucario.jpg
(Simple as that. . .)

I have yet to draw P&M but when and if I do I can asure you that you can kiss w/e of theirs aswell. . .

Edit- Just remembered that I just learned how to color on the computer. I should clean them up some and add color. . . but the point still stands.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
charizard is 100 times better than blaziken, and plusle and minun would be as bad as pichu. (i hated pichu, the thing frigging hurts itself. whats the point?)

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Don't know how Char is 100x better than Blaze. . . or how P&M would be like Pichu. :/

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
@black light
P@M are not like Pichu, i would hate them just as much is what i'm saying
and the charizard thing is a matter of opinion, so thats why you don't know.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Yeah, Plusle and Minun are way different from Pichu! I mean... for one thing... uh... there's two of them! Another difference is...

...well nothing, actually. Plusle and Minun can burn in hell, along with Blaziken.

And Charizard is a frikking dragon. Blaziken is a guy in a furry costume of a chicken. LAME.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Daisy deserves her own spot somewhere.

But other than that, you have an INCREDIBLY solid list, save for Stafy. But I don't really know squat about him. Heck, you even have HECTOR on there, who's one of my top pics.
No Lyndis, though. That's a shame. =P

But dude, that's a sweet list. I'm sure some of them will be true.
*crosses fingers for Sonic and Krystal*

And by the way, sweet freakin' art, dude. Love the style.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The only "dragon" who deserves to be in Brawl is Ridley...

Besides, Charizard is a staple of the Pokeball Pokemon...(I'd love to see Ridley throwing a Pokeball and having Charizard come out the same size as him, both wreaking havok...)

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Really, do I have to go down the list of ways that P&M would HAVE to be different compared to Pichu/ Pika? Saves us both some time if you would stop acting as if theres "no other differences".

And grim lizard said it before I could. . .(and very well I might add).

Plus, the god pokemon owns all. . . .guess he should be in too :/.

(Anyone else find it REALLY funny how a pokemon that can live inside a volcano is being told to "burn in hell"? LOL, like telling Aquaman to go drown himself)
Oh, and to anyone who is interested, heres a vid of Char getting the dog mess stomped out of him by Blaze (Hate the song but w/e) http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_lDWSUgCNE

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Everyone loves him... except for me and anyone else with taste.

Although just so we're clear here, I'm NOT saying that I want Charizard as a playable character in Brawl. I just think that, of the two options, he's way better than Blaziken.

And Black/Light, I would LOVE to hear how P&M HAVE to be different compared to Pika/chu. Not how they COULD be, mind you, but how they HAVE to be. Seriously, if there's more than two real items on there, I'll be amazed.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Everyone loves blaziken just because he looks awesome, people go on saying he would represent the starter pokemon in brawl, and hes a fighter-type pokemon, thus should be in brawl...

Well one: Why would HE represent the starter pokemon, what makes him so deserving? why not charizard or typhlosion, or the mteal/water penguin in D/P?

and two: theirs a new fire/fighting type as a starter in D/P, and is more rcent, so if blaziken or the monkey is gettin added, its the monkey...

either way the new gen pokemon suck, except for lucario and deoxys, the rest are lame...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well being owned by Rare, which is owned by microsoft, u know the rival of nintendo? Im guessin his chances are slim to none...

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Everyone loves blaziken just because he looks awesome, people go on saying he would represent the starter pokemon in brawl, and hes a fighter-type pokemon, thus should be in brawl...

Well one: Why would HE represent the starter pokemon, what makes him so deserving? why not charizard or typhlosion, or the mteal/water penguin in D/P?

and two: theirs a new fire/fighting type as a starter in D/P, and is more rcent, so if blaziken or the monkey is gettin added, its the monkey...

either way the new gen pokemon suck, except for lucario and deoxys, the rest are lame...
penguin u refer to is EMPOLEON, LORD AMONG PENGUINS and the monkey is Infernape, who is better than blaziken move-wise, stat-wise and look-wise......plus he looks like Enma the monkey King....u know who im talking 'bout!

and the rest are not lame. Probopass (aka Nose-hat) ftw!

Black/Light

Smash Master
And Black/Light, I would LOVE to hear how P&M HAVE to be different compared to Pika/chu. Not how they COULD be, mind you, but how they HAVE to be. Seriously, if there's more than two real items on there, I'll be amazed.
Simple, both Pika and Pichu are their own characters and where designed as such. If P&M where both just 2 Pika's put together they would pretty much be broken. Bv, TWO thunders come down and NOT at the exact same time, Pika's smash attack last a pretty long time as well and Look at the B> and etc.

It's like saying if Diddy AND Dixey came as a team that they would just be DK clones because they are all monkey's that look somewhat alike (Even thou Im sure they have both shown to be different than DK in their games). Or even more, try taking a team character and making them Fox clones. . .

Solo characters are made to be played as ONE character so it would be pretty ugly to make a team character in which both are clones of a solo character.

First part. . . .thats the story for all pokemon fame now adays, don't see why it should be looked down upon.

2nd part, who are we to say whos "deserving" in the first place?(reminds me of the Nsider. . .eww) And why not Char? He has been poke balled up til now. Why not Typhl? He is the lest popular fire starter of what most would call the worst gen. Why not Piplup evol? Do you really think it's popular enuff to "rep the starter"?
People say "Blaze=starter rep" because sence RS came out people have been yelling "Blaziken for SSB3!" and no other starter has touched her popularity FOR the SSB3 game sence than.

3rd part, why would (what Nintendo's front page poll showed to be) the least popular/ liked starter of the 4th gen get in over the starter that has been wanted for years and still overshadow's all other starters in this area? And Im pretty sure he finished his list of characters way back in the summer so. . .

And D-E, Blaze and Monkey are basically the same in DP. Stat wise, it would be up to your teast. Monkey has more speed with at tiny bit more D well Blaze has more HP and attack. Move-wise, they are alot alike as well. Look wise. . . Im guessing most people don't like the monkey's look seeing how popular it is.

Top Bottom