• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Bandit Keith, Town Jailer
BULL.

Seriously, what a perfect claim for a mafia who is about to get lynched. Firstly, it bundles up a ROLEBLOCKER (mafia role) within a town role. Second, it's a fairly uncommon role (not nearly as common as doctor) so the risk of another jailer is small. Third, if a counterclaim did happen, it would come from a DOCTOR because the doctor would never believe that two protectors could exist in the same game.

So even if there was a counterclaim, town would end up outing their doctor and losing him N1. In every way possible this seems like mafia trying to minimize their losses and maximize their gains.

My vote is staying on Clownbot. SRB does seem pretty scummy to me too, but this claim is waaay too convenient for me to believe it for a second. However, I will switch my vote to SRB if I really have to in order to get a lynch.

Also

I've explained my suspicion of Delvro. He took some of Cello's case and dressed it up a bit so he could cover up an OMGUS vote.
You should give up with the OMGUS thing. If you take the time to look at how you voted me (and two days later how I voted you), it should be pretty obvious that your claim makes no sense.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
It's a perfect example of non-committal nudging. "Hey everyone, Mayling's really on the ball here! She totally knows what she's talking about, and I am convinced. However, I'm not voting." Justify it any way you want to, but it's nudging, plain and simple.

Unvote
Vote: Mister_Eric
We'll see how plain and simple it is when I flip. Overanalyzing my waiting to see if Mayling's offense holds true or not could just be your downfall. And beep yeah she was on the ball. Prob the most hard evidence a player has found thus far in the game.

So why didn't I change my vote?

I've told you, I didn't want to be a part of a quick lynch gone wrong. He ended up at L-1 and he just might have died if I had hopped on board early. Seeing that there are a few holes in how legit this evidence is, I'm glad I was in no hurry. You're going to learn that I'm a no hurry kind of guy. Or maybe you won't give me time to. Your call.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Your initial argument with S2 was way to fluffy for my liking. Similarly, I don't like how indecisive you were when you threw your vote on to me and than on to Mayling. i.e.
I hate the term fluffy, what does it mean? Could you clarify?

Oh Gosh, look at timestamp. :037: I's innocent.

lacks answering the question of why Clownbot would lie about that, because even if he did, it isn't anti-town of him to vote someone for a random reason during RVS.
It doesn't matter why he lied, if he did, it was a matter of WHERE HE GOT THE INFORMATION FROM. If he's scum, he has partners. People who could have told him the connections in the family. That's where I was coming from, and why the initial questioning of "but how did you know" came from, I do believe.

I'm fairly confident that people who would have known all of the connections but Jeremy would be: Mister Eric and S2 and MAYBE. MAYBE Srb. (But I think SRB may know and S2 may or may not know Jeremy was my brother in law.) But Roxy, Vand would have known none of the connections and everyone else would have known it all.

Also, all three of these players were also in Newbie 3, and thus could advise "Just say you got it from Newbie 3, they discuss a lot of their family connections there."

. I don't really see scum lying about following a previous game and thus knowing some of Mayling's connections just to explain away an RVS vote, when he could have simply said "It was an RVS vote" and no one would have batted an eye at it.
He had to explain it though, because he said "I'm voting for someone that's not connected to Mayling." That's how this whole thing started.

... or B) found out about Mayling through other means that he doesn't want to share (which would just be kind of creepy).
Ugu :( i'm bein stalked

Purple

Hi guys!
*looks at thread,

man clownbot got destroooyed for a second, who's the guy voting me?

oh ****

unvote more reading on someone other than clownbot in a moment.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Your initial argument with S2 was way to fluffy for my liking. Similarly, I don't like how indecisive you were when you threw your vote on to me and than on to Mayling. i.e.

You'll vote Mayling and myself for next to no reason (when we are well out of RVS), even when you have "vibes" for cello and S2. Why myself and Mayling over Cello and S2?
how was it fluffy?

and the votes on you mayling were obvious jokes. reading into those as serious votes will only bring disappointment

and I'm not gonna place a serious vote on someone for vibes. I was just mentioning that I had them because sometimes they are right.

@cello: why do you want me at l-1? I could defend myself if you'd like...explain your vote? and also, as of mcfox's most recent post, I really like him. My opinion is two thumbs up.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mayling said:
It doesn't matter why he lied, if he did, it was a matter of WHERE HE GOT THE INFORMATION FROM. If he's scum, he has partners. People who could have told him the connections in the family. That's where I was coming from, and why the initial questioning of "but how did you know" came from, I do believe.
You could've said that originally so I didn't have to feel ******** from an overload of "duh" now. :(

I'm still currently more suspicious of Eric, Tand, and hida than I am of Clown. Even if that was your point, none of the three of them even bothered to question the other side. They just jumped in because it was an easy lead. True, town doesn't always have to question every side, but I find it suspect that nobody even raised a single question about "Hey what if this is wrong?" They were all too happy to jump onboard.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
@All: Why do you believe Clownbot's role makes him town, if you do? He could just be a roleblocker that always "protects" his targets. I'm especially interested in S2 and SRB's responses.
I don't know about clownbot, I thought the whole spat between you two was dumb, but now that he's claimed a power role we shouldn't HAVE to worry about lynching him toDay. If he's not lying he should be dead soon and if he is, we'll know soon enough. that said scum ALWAYS claim jailkeeper, and he didn't give a lot of info with his claim so I'd be fine with lynching him.

i'm not sure about mister eric anymore. what he's done so far is pretty scummy but his whole "you'll see when I flip!!! rawr!!" thing is totally what I do when I'm a townie about to be lynched...so... eh.... I'm scared to push for his lynch.

and since we're pro list in deese parts,

my reads

I like mcfox

I don't like cello. not one bit

I like chisa :)

mayling..eh.. she's aight

delvro's cool

hidajeremy... that guy... i got my eyes peeled

S2's lurking.......

I like vanderzant too

mister eric.... are you scum? (serious question)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
My question is, what is it Clown would actually be lying about, in this situation?

So my point is that Mayling, Tandora, and hida are all under suspicion as well. Mayling may have simply been excited about catching Clown in a lie and put her whole case together, but Tandora and hida threw down their votes very easily, without even questioning why a scum-Clown would lie about having following Newbie 3 a bit. No need to question it! He lied, therefor he should be lynched.
You could've said that originally so I didn't have to feel ******** from an overload of "duh" now. :(

I'm still currently more suspicious of Eric, Tand, and hida than I am of Clown. Even if that was your point, none of the three of them even bothered to question the other side. They just jumped in because it was an easy lead. True, town doesn't always have to question every side, but I find it suspect that nobody even raised a single question about "Hey what if this is wrong?" They were all too happy to jump onboard.
McFox, your post reads as if it's okay for Clownbot to have lied. To lie about something like "How do you know people you have no reason to know?" looks very scum to me. Lynch all liars is a legit idea and I didn't throw my vote in w/o questioning. I did look over the Newbie thread to see if Clownbot lied. I looked at the list of players and replacements and when Mentos replaced in. Maybe I should have ISO Clownbot's name as well, but I was pretty convinced after not seeing his name in the replacement list and Mentos replacing in 6 hours after the mod said he needed a replacement.

I don't see why Mayling can be excused for being so excited on catching someone in a lie, but I cannot after I did so some research before voting.

I've left my vote on until now b/c I wanted to see if there have been any counterclaims. The possibility that Clownbot would have been the second replacement is very strong, so I'm wavering on my vote. I don't feel that twenty four hours is enough time for a mod to pass a replacement. However, it is very clearly posted that Clownbot did say he was gonna request to be a replacement.

Regardless, I also realize that this is leading way TOO much into another game for proof. Catching someone in a lie is good and all, but we do need to move away from Newbie 3.

Right now I am wondering, "Why would McFox make it sound like lying is okay?" Because basically his case against Hida and me are that we supposedly jumped on a case where we thought someone was lying without question despite the fact I posted that I also checked the thread before casting my vote.

So, in short, McFox got information wrong and is advocating lying.

unvote vote McFox for being a bad role model. Son I am disappoint. :urg:

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie

Where in a game has scum claimed jailkeeper? I want links and quotes.

Why did you leave Roxy and Jeremy off your list?
I don't have a read on roxy. none.

and leafy was the SK in tales of the townies and she fake-claimed regal bryant, the town jailkeeper. you were in that so I'm not fetching you quotes or links.

What more info could I have given with my claim?
idk... paraphrased the flavor? that's what I do. a little something from your role PM to show why it makes sense for your character to be a jailkeeper. but i guess there really isn't much else you could give since it's D1. my bad.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't have a read on roxy. none.

and leafy was the SK in tales of the townies and she fake-claimed regal bryant, the town jailkeeper. you were in that so I'm not fetching you quotes or links.
you sure are sassy little country boy!!!

so, one game and it's universal truth huh?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I hate the term fluffy, what does it mean? Could you clarify?
Meaning it was just RVS stuff, except it kept going back and forward for no apparent reason (and continued on past RVS).

how was it fluffy?
See above

and the votes on you mayling were obvious jokes. reading into those as serious votes will only bring disappointment
I didn't laugh. Anyway, what good is a joke vote for town? It's the same as a no vote imo.

and I'm not gonna place a serious vote on someone for vibes. I was just mentioning that I had them because sometimes they are right.
Why not try and follow up those vibes instead of more jokes?

Purple

Hi guys!
Delvro, i'm on page five again looking at some posts you've made, and i'm curious, when Mayling defended you, did you in fact, get paranoid as her action?

That's a good point and definitely a possibility, however if that was the case then that would imply that clownbot was suspicious of the person defending him, which I haven't seen any evidence of.
It could be possible that clown is going against his defense's protection because their both scum, and clownbot doesn't want a connection. However this is reaching beyond all belief.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
idk... paraphrased the flavor? that's what I do. a little something from your role PM to show why it makes sense for your character to be a jailkeeper. but i guess there really isn't much else you could give since it's D1. my bad.
My Role PM mentions my experience with Machine-Type Monster Cards... I guess I agree that I don't see exactly why Keith is Jailer but that's the only piece of evidence I can find in my PM (and even then I don't quite see a relation).

Purple

Hi guys!
EBWOP : scratch all that, I totally missed that he claimed after reaching L-1 :psycho:

But yeah, delvro, get on those questions.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
I didn't laugh. Anyway, what good is a joke vote for town? It's the same as a no vote imo.
if it's the same as a "no vote" to you, then stop reading into it.

Why not try and follow up those vibes instead of more jokes?
I went after S2. you called it "fluffy" but it's all I had. he's barely posted since and I can't develop a case or even change my opinion if he doesn't post.

as for cello, I'm workin on it.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Delvro, i'm on page five again looking at some posts you've made, and i'm curious, when Mayling defended you, did you in fact, get paranoid as her action?

It could be possible that clown is going against his defense's protection because their both scum, and clownbot doesn't want a connection. However this is reaching beyond all belief.
Which game are you talking about? This one?

Be aware, I believe that Mayling likes to tunnel innocence as town (she has said so herself), so I may react differently to her than I do to others.

Delvro

Smash Ace
She didn't defend me in Disney mafia. Unless you're talking about the game with the Clownbot meta that she brought up... she replaced out fairly early, and I don't remember whether she defended me or not, or how I reacted if she did.

You know how people tunnel sometimes and they call them scum and create reasons and endless arguments to get them lynched? Well tunneling innocence is the opposite of that -- calling someone town and making lots of arguments to keep them from getting lynched.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
She didn't defend me in Disney mafia. Unless you're talking about the game with the Clownbot meta that she brought up... she replaced out fairly early, and I don't remember whether she defended me or not, or how I reacted if she did.

You know how people tunnel sometimes and they call them scum and create reasons and endless arguments to get them lynched? Well tunneling innocence is the opposite of that -- calling someone town and making lots of arguments to keep them from getting lynched.
that's not what tunnel innocence is

I almost did what you described this game for someone I think is innocent, but then I was afraid they would be NK'd, so I didn't

Purple

Hi guys!

why would anyone possibly do that? Even as town, that would just arise suspicion imo.

Delvro

Smash Ace
May you defended me quite a bit in Tales of the Townies, right (and to a lesser extent, SRB). I don't think I minded it too much then. Although, pretty much everyone said I was town that game. No big surprise that I died N1.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also my point of doing that was for doctor to protect you and there'd be no n1 kill but noooo doc was dumb that game.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Also my point of doing that was for doctor to protect you and there'd be no n1 kill but noooo doc was dumb that game.
it wasn't just a doctor either. it was a SUPER doctor that could protect three people at a time!

idk how the hell greg died that early.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
MIster Eric, you avoided my question entirely, I believe. I'll repeat, "explain why you find Mayling's case so appealing and why you didn't vote then."

I don't want any of this "Glad I didn't or else he'd be dead" BS. If you had voted then, you'd vote #4. That's L-3, and you shouldn't be afraid to take someone to L-3. Town's not dumb enough to ignore vote numbers(got close though, lol).

SRB, I'm not lurking, legitimately busy with school work that I couldn't have planned for. Although by Ryker logic I guess I am lurking for not calling V/LA, but I don't want to do that when I know I can find time to get around to it =/. Also, you guys got significantly less interesting after RVS :p.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
@Hida: Why did you so calmly (and entirely out of the blue) put Clown at L1? I'd expect someone who hasn't been in the game for so long to be a bit more cautious with their vote.
It certainly wasn't out of the blue. Putting someone near lynch is a way to get them to role-claim, and to make them sweat. At the very least, to see who's willing to jump on it to hammer them. I hammered in my newbie game because I was confident in my vote (though clearly, I had to leave that one so I didn't actually get to see the results of it...). To me, the early rounds of voting are mostly ways of shaking the bushes, so to speak, and who gets lynched is less important than seeing people's reasons for doing so. I thought (and still think) that a very solid logical case was presented against Clownbot, and I'm willing to see him swing over it. Nothing more than that.

If I seem calm about my votes, it's because I don't like to get emotionally invested in voting; in fact, I think I pointed out that one of my suspicions of Delvro is because of how heated he got defending himself in early accusations. Arguing heatedly and voting with your temper just aren't useful, as far as I'm concerned. I'm here to have fun and participate in some interesting debate, not to get myself worked up and angry.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
It certainly wasn't out of the blue. Putting someone near lynch is a way to get them to role-claim, and to make them sweat. At the very least, to see who's willing to jump on it to hammer them. I hammered in my newbie game because I was confident in my vote (though clearly, I had to leave that one so I didn't actually get to see the results of it...). To me, the early rounds of voting are mostly ways of shaking the bushes, so to speak, and who gets lynched is less important than seeing people's reasons for doing so. I thought (and still think) that a very solid logical case was presented against Clownbot, and I'm willing to see him swing over it. Nothing more than that.

If I seem calm about my votes, it's because I don't like to get emotionally invested in voting; in fact, I think I pointed out that one of my suspicions of Delvro is because of how heated he got defending himself in early accusations. Arguing heatedly and voting with your temper just aren't useful, as far as I'm concerned. I'm here to have fun and participate in some interesting debate, not to get myself worked up and angry.
well normally town doesn't want their power roles claiming. I mean assuming clownbot is telling the truth, he will probably be killed tonight and we will get no use from him. so wanting role claims ... that's a bit fishy.

And I very much respect not getting emotionally invested in your votes. That's really mature, but IMO that last paragraph seems a bit preemptively defensive. I don't think anyone said anything about you being overly calm yet (unless I missed it, which is quite possible) so the fact that you bring that up completely unprovoked is a bit suspicious.

FOS: Hidajiremi

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Yup. Each night, it had the power to grant normal protection to two people, and could super protect someone which meant they would be safe for two consecutive nights.... so it's really like four protects... wacky huh :D

sorry for getting off topic

but hey, roxy, you should totally make a list of your reads on people! That'd be sweet :bee:

it'd be nice to see where you're at

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Hida: By calmly, I meant it as in you quite confidently put Clown at L2. In (iirc) your 2nd/3rd post of the game.

I can't honestly put myself in your situation and say that I would of done the same thing. To do something like that shows you are quite sure of yourself.

But hey, you did the same thing in Newbie 6, and the flip was scum (you were town) so I can't say it's out of character from you... still, I'd like to see more from you please.

Top Bottom