• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for May 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 5:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: Delvro, hidajiremi (
)
Delvro: Clownbot (
)
hidajiremi: (0)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: Tandora (
)
Mister Eric: soaring-raptor-blast, Sold2, McFox (
)
Roxy: (0)
soaring-raptor-blast: Mister Eric, Cello_Marl, vanderzant (
)
Sold2: (0)
Tandora: (0)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting: Mayling, Roxy (
)

Purple

Hi guys!
Just read hidajiremi, or at least as little as I could've read. He voted on someone to L-1 after no discussion in the matter. He also didn't push towards finding more information on others. He then, proceeded to not post until pressured (questioned) by someone. I will admit that he gave an FoS on Delvro in his 'L-1' vote post, but even that can be considered parroted information. Perhaps he used L-1 to make him not look as bad as say, hammering *assuming it was to happen*?

Also, his vote on Clownbot is unmoved, even though his 'purpose' for doing the vote has already been achieved. I would take into account that he may have just not seen what has happen; if he's read clearly though, and if he truly only put him at L-1 to shake the bushes and find his role, he's had more than enough time to realize that his vote's on someone who's done what he's wanted.

Honestly, I'm making him sound a lot scummier than he really is, however this is something that should be taken into account, I feel okay with the lynch for the time being until I do some more reading.

Vote: hidajiremi

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
@Cello: What do you think about my post about Clownbot (ignoring the fact that I'm an idiot), and the votes that piled up on him so easily?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
i reskimmed

vote sr:bee: (soaring raptor blast)

srb is pretty easy to read under pressure, and he's not doing his usual townie act. so i'm willing to pressure him, if not even lynch him toDay. i've been waiting to see if the townie act eventually popped up, but hasn't yet. he doesn't seem playful at all and instead mad. srb u mad?? (my gut is saying indy and not mafia though)

oh, something I'd like to point out is I'm bothered by people saying "this is how mayling acts as town OR scum." 1) greggu should know some of my town reads by now (i think he's thinking i'm town, so apparently he picked them out but still he said it) and 2) jeremy said it and I honestly don't think i've played enough with him for him to say such things? plus it was irl mafia, which you can take from that which you will

what I'm trying to say and why it bothers me, is I'm afraid that any moment these guys (more in particular jeremy) is basically breadcruming this info so they can go back and say something like "oh, but I was just following Mayling blah blah blah." i don't like it when people follow me along with the lines of 'you make a good case, but you make good cases being both town and scum, but here's my vote.' it seems counter not to point out flaws in the argument. tuck in along with what jeremy said about outing PRs (wut) along other things, I could see him as scum.

i think tandora is townish. she's acting her townie usual self and shouldn't be considered lynch toDay. she did do research to help my argument, and i don't think tannyscum would do that. i haven't seen mister eric as town, but i have a feeling that his "flip me and you'll regret it all MWHAHAHA" is a townie act, not a scare tactic (<3 I said this about mcfox in our first game together <3)

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Can we kill Roxy or SRB now? More SRB than Roxy.
so... still no reason "why" huh?

i reskimmed

vote sr:bee: (soaring raptor blast)

srb is pretty easy to read under pressure, and he's not doing his usual townie act. so i'm willing to pressure him, if not even lynch him toDay. i've been waiting to see if the townie act eventually popped up, but hasn't yet. he doesn't seem playful at all and instead mad. srb u mad?? (my gut is saying indy and not mafia though)
meeeeh that's so not fair! I've haven't been town in a very long time, but overall I've gotten more experienced so it's really not fair to say you're okay with lynching me because it's not my town play from six months ago. look how hard I'm tryin! :bee:

I'm not gonna freak out because I haven't done anything and my wagon was started with a "hey let's put SRB at l-1 durr". it's stupid and I'm actually glad you gave me a reason for voting for me.

and I totally was playful but everyone was like "rawr! no more RVS, rawr!!!" so I was like fine. it's bidness time! I'm not mad (...well a little at cello, I hate him >:I ) but other than that I'm just trying to scumhunt like a good kid. :(

actually, wait. I'm still playful, I've used like three gifs already :D

Delvro

Smash Ace
If I seem calm about my votes, it's because I don't like to get emotionally invested in voting; in fact, I think I pointed out that one of my suspicions of Delvro is because of how heated he got defending himself in early accusations. Arguing heatedly and voting with your temper just aren't useful, as far as I'm concerned. I'm here to have fun and participate in some interesting debate, not to get myself worked up and angry.
Heated? I think you're misunderstanding me pretty seriously in this game. You seem to have misinterpreted my earthy or matter-of-fact speech with anger, but there is nothing of the sort. If you want to see me angry, go to Disney Mafia. Sure, I post without thinking quite often, which is why I've been triple posting (way too often), and I most certainly tangle myself up (and maybe even dread unravelling myself out) with stupid, not well thought out things that I sometimes say, but this is just how I roll and I am having quite a lot of fun doing it.

And I DEFINITELY haven't voted with my temper. I really have no idea where this is coming from. There is in no way anything personal involved with any of my votes and I think it's strange that you came to this conclusion when seeing them.

Perhaps you are thinking too much of my real-life attitude and meekness, and trying to imagine my forum behavior in real life, but that may not be a good idea.

Purple

Hi guys!
Emotions are hard to decipher in forums, that should be easily understood. Why are you randomly bickering over something with Hida that has nothing to do with scum hunting?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Well I ignored it the first time he claimed it, but I just couldn't resist responding the second time, especially since he was so kind to dedicate an entire paragraph to me. =]

I am only human after all

Purple

Hi guys!
Understandable, Plus he's feeling you're scummy for it. I would only expect people to defend to things that are trivial or light.

Do you feel this confrontation makes Hida look more town to you? Or that he's reaching for scraps and pointing at a random person.

You seemed like a popular person of discussion the first few pages (or at least, you posted a lot *read: triple posts >:U*. So it would be easy to find 'information' on you.

But then again, this is still early in game (while I will admit we have a lot more information than before). He could be just working with what he has.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I don't have much of an opinion on Hida yet, mostly because he's rarely talked. I also have never played forum mafia with him before, ever. I'm surprised the votes are mounting on him so quickly on the evidence that we have, but it is Day 1 so I can't be too surprised. I am not willing to place my vote on Hida based on what we currently have, though.

At first glance Hida may seem like a lurker, but I think he may just not be very active. Other people can verify that better than I can, though.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I've played 1 other game of mafia before with Hida (newbie 6), and he's playing almost exactly the same way as he did then. In that game he also said he was suspicious of Ryker because he was angry/mean. He was fairly inactive in N6 as well.

Purple

Hi guys!
Vanderzant, while I don't agree with Meta, it seems pretty important that you tell us how he flipped that game.

However, regardless it makes his reasoning for pushing on Melvro legit to an extent if he flipped town that game.

Purple

Hi guys!
Well, for the sake of reaching, I'd say Hida is being very consistent, however still worthless. He's basing his claims off of emotions, instead of logical fallacies in people's posts.

unvote

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vand, do you think that Hida is Town (and if so is this based solely on your meta which is of a single game you've played with him)?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I think everyone is playing a lot more silly and casual this game than any other Mafia forum game I've seen. I believe a lot of this is because this is a closed invite only and we've done our best to exclude jerkwads. It makes reads a little harder in the long run, but I believe a more enjoyable game overall. =D

@Mayling, I think you're really pushing meta on SRB. I admit his playstyle is very different then his normal townie attitude, but I don't see this as a bad thing. If he is telling the truth of having grown as a player, I find that a very good thing that we should encourage. Who wants to keep a player stuck in his first newbie mentality? That's no fun for anyone.

Honestly, my read on SRB is murky because of this.

@Hida, you need to post more, love. We need to hear a little more out of you on your reasonings. Don't go just on gut feelings. I am sure you're feeling a little out of it since we were discussing other threads, but jump in with your own questions too!

Also, this is Hida's second forum game and he's played very few AIM mafia, so he's gonna make a lot of newbie mistakes. This doesn't exclude him from being scum, but don't be too harsh on him. =3

I had kind of hoped for a reaction from McFox after I voted on him. Unless I've missed something, I've seen no response at all on my post pointing out McFoxy encourages lying. Wassup with that?

Honestly, my biggest scum read is for Roxy. Guy has been lots and lots of short fluffy posts, very little information or digging on other players. When he does finally start piping in, it's mostly to buddy other players. When he does vote, he votes for the quietest player. Let's look over his history-

Post 28 - Self vote
Post 34, 36, and 37 - Randomly talking about another game
Post 61, 90 and 92 - Fluff
Post 129 and 152 - Regarding Sold's breaking of screen shot rule (fair cop)
Post 156 - "I'm gonna reread" - Looks like a post to make a post to me
Post 167- Comments about Cello and Clownbot with no commitment.
Post 170 - Question to Delvro, no real quality.
Post 177, 181, 183, 186, 187 - Fluff
Post 190 - Answers a question with no other content
Post 245, 255, 259, 261, 262 - Fluff
Post 265 - Asks what "tunnel innocence", no other content.
Post 269 - Questions effectiveness of "tunnel innocence" and implies it looks scummy.
Post 275 - HUGE FLUFF POST
Post 283 - Finally a post with some content of Roxy's reads and a vote on Hida. The line that bothers me is "Honestly, I'm making him sound a lot scummier than he really is"
Post 289 - Either fluff or trying to pit two players against each other. Not sure which.
Post 291 - Asking some questions on Hida, calls Delvro "popular" in regards to number of posts.
Post 294 - "Vanderzant, while I don't agree with Meta, it seems pretty important that you tell us how he flipped that game." What? Really? That's a terrible statement as it encourages a bad play style that YOU DISAGREE WITH!
Post 295 - An EBWOP fluff.
Post 297 - Ow, harsh post regarding Hida. Roxy may actually have a point here, but what does he do other than put down Hida's playstyle? And why would you unvote someone you consider "worthless" and "basing claims off emotions"? Even if you don't think he's scum, voting for a poor townie on Day one is legit, right?

In short, I find Roxy's posts to be extremely noncommittal, contradictory, or unhelpful. Either Roxy is a bad townie or scum, and I am leaning more towards scum.

vote roxy
Fluff meaning that there's no real content in the post, IMHO.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Because it hadn't occurred to me that he might've gotten coached, so I didn't really see what the harm was, since what he had to say didn't actually directly control his vote, since it was an RVS vote anyway.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Roxy is the scummiest scumbo in the scummiverse and you should vote him.
I'm cool with that yo.

VOTE ROXY

In all honesty, though, you're a good guy and all but I want to lynch you now since nobody seems to wanna kill Clownbot anymore. I noticed you pay a lot of attention to this thread. You always respond to my posts like 5 minutes after I make them lol. But for all the attention you give the game an all the posts you've made, you haven't really made any moves except on Hida. I found it kind of funny that you pounced on him more than anyone else with his 2-3 posts the entire game, although I didn't blame you too much since it's day 1. Combined with Tandora's stuff though it's just too much.

I can totally see a Roxy/Clownbot team right now.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Vand, do you think that Hida is Town (and if so is this based solely on your meta which is of a single game you've played with him)?
Well he's posted about 3 times, so I don't really have an opinion on him. I'm just pointing out that so far his play has been very similar to the game I was in with him (Newbie 6). It also happens to be the only other game either of us has played before (as Tandora said above).

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@McFox: There probably was scum on Clownbot's wagon. Don't think May, Tanny or Eric is scum. Hida could be; I didn't like his AtE with "It also tends to make me, personally, feel left out of the conversation in a social sense."

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
I guess I'm fine with this

UNVOTE, VOTE: Roxy

I really wanna hear more from certain people before we end the day, and a lot more from Roxy in particular.

very nice post, Tandora

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for May 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 5:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: hidajiremi (
)
Delvro: (0)
hidajiremi: Clownbot (
)
Mayling: (0)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: Sold2, McFox (
)
Roxy: Tandora, Delvro, Cello_Marl, soaring-raptor-blast (
)
soaring-raptor-blast: Mister Eric, vanderzant, Mayling (
)
Sold2: (0)
Tandora: (0)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting: Roxy (
)

Purple

Hi guys!
I post fluff often, take that against me if you want Tandora. I don't make really strong votes on people unless I've read everyone in the game that's just how I am on Day 1. My vote on Hida was a mere poke, to put attention on the things that I caught on to. Granted, Vanderzant nipped that in the bud by giving me some (possibly) helpful meta about Hida in a previous game, in which I released my current read on him.

So yeah lol

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
If you have time to consciously post that much fluff, you have plenty of time to read and develop opinions of people. You'd have to be scum to not have more game-related input by this point, and posting to make posts is anti-town no matter how you slice it.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I can totally see a Roxy/Clownbot team right now.
I think I mentioned something along these lines... lol.

I'd love to see if Cello and SRB started posted reasons for their votes and pushing lynches.

My opinion of Roxy is unchanged and I'd still like to see Mister Eric's responses.

@Mayling, I think it was established a long time ago that posting your town reads is a bad thing. Ryker may have been the one to say that... but it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think everyone is playing a lot more silly and casual this game than any other Mafia forum game I've seen.
this is strange. why do you say this, but then post an attack on roxy founded on silliness?

I dislike the way he plays, but this is what I saw of his meta from Twilight and why I didn't bring him up already as a suspect. He was literally this silly in Twilight and was almost our d1 lynch. he was town that game, so Idk what to think about that kid.

@Mayling, I think you're really pushing meta on SRB. I admit his playstyle is very different then his normal townie attitude, but I don't see this as a bad thing. If he is telling the truth of having grown as a player, I find that a very good thing that we should encourage. Who wants to keep a player stuck in his first newbie mentality? That's no fun for anyone.
this is semi true i suppose. but some people don't change and i think that'd be that there country boy *points at srb*

@Hida, you need to post more, love. We need to hear a little more out of you on your reasonings. Don't go just on gut feelings. I am sure you're feeling a little out of it since we were discussing other threads, but jump in with your own questions too!

I swear Hida, if you don't post soon, I'll do this to you IRL. >=O
I already got my focus on you, babe. I'm just trying to make sure my hubby is in the game too. =3
what's with the prodding of jeremy?

btw can't post stuff from youtube, only mods can or something. they have to embed it, and that's why it didn't work

Also, this is Hida's second forum game and he's played very few AIM mafia, so he's gonna make a lot of newbie mistakes. This doesn't exclude him from being scum, but don't be too harsh on him. =3
you say it doesn't exclude him from being scum (trying to protect yourself in case of a flip?) but not to be harsh on him, but I don't see how anyone was OVERLY harshy, especially considering HE LIED, and is regardless one way or another doing things that do need to be critisized (ps, why didn't ANYONE say anything about the fact that hida lied? that's pretty scummy, and i think we should heavily consider him our lynch toDay. him or srb imo)

what's more important is you covered your initial prodding with a big attack on Roxy

@Mayling, I think it was established a long time ago that posting your town reads is a bad thing. Ryker may have been the one to say that... but it doesn't mean it's wrong.
why did you chastise me for my town reads, but not for srb's LIST?

not to mention, a lot of people posted their reads on The Big Potential Three (Tanny, Hida, and Mister Eric)

If you have time to consciously post that much fluff, you have plenty of time to read and develop opinions of people. You'd have to be scum to not have more game-related input by this point, and posting to make posts is anti-town no matter how you slice it.
isn't this hypocritical of you? you yourself pretty much refused to give your own opinions early game, without flipping onto someone just cus someone else has made a case. you haven't made a single case yourself and instead OMGus'd a lot of people and the like. you only seem to fall back onto your townie act when it's pointed out your townie act is missing (s2 initially said it)

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
isn't this hypocritical of you? you yourself pretty much refused to give your own opinions early game, without flipping onto someone just cus someone else has made a case. you haven't made a single case yourself and instead OMGus'd a lot of people and the like. you only seem to fall back onto your townie act when it's pointed out your townie act is missing (s2 initially said it)
that is so not right, I made a case against S2 (after like two posts so it sucked), sort of made one on mister eric but backed off because of how he responded, I commented on roxy, cello, and hida AND I made a list of my reads on everyone. I'm at least trying to contribute and develop opinions on everyone, and I fail to see where I OMGus'ed anyone.

and how am I falling back on my "townie act"?

and where did I refuse to give my opinions early game?

I want quotes

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
At first glance Hida may seem like a lurker, but I think he may just not be very active. Other people can verify that better than I can, though.
It's mostly that I only post when I'm at work, so between 11pm and 7am, five nights a week. Some days, I barely have time for that. Since I'm active at a time when most people are asleep, by the time I get around to posting, most of the really interesting debate has been dealt with already, and I just post whatever brief thing comes to mind. Usually, this amounts to me deciding who's acted scummiest since I last posted and giving a few reasons why I think that way.

hidajiremi

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I'm making him sound a lot scummier than he really is, however this is something that should be taken into account, I feel okay with the lynch for the time being until I do some more reading.

Vote: hidajiremi
Wait, you admit that you're making me sound scummier than I am, but you're voting me anyway? That's... a little suspicious.

Unvote Vote Roxy

Top Bottom