• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Fine whatever ok. I was just trying to have some fun.

VOTE VANDERZANT
Sold2
McFox
Mayling
Ok, coming back, this is the quote I couldn't find. I had thought it was on the first half of the pages but it was in the second half.
What's up with the four player list, Delvro?

@Tanny: When you were playing Risk, what prevented you from playing this game at the same time? What took you this long?
Mostly the inability to time how long a turn would take. It was my first time playing on that particular site for Risk, so I didn't want to be a jerk and hold the game up. Especially if I got pulled into reading the forum. And I didn't want to just skim the forum.

I'm trying really hard to look for clues and not meta this game. I rely on meta too much for reads instead of hard evidence. The game starting this weekend was bad timing for me as I had a lot of activities planned and no internet time. I am also usually pretty slow to start on a game, but once I'm in then I'm in.

During the week, most of my posts should be during the 8-9am hour since that's when I get up to get ready for work. And then I should get a chance to try to catch up again around 5pm when I get home from work. After that just depends on the day.

More when I get up.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@McFox: Yes.

SRB said:
maybe you got a predictable role, such as you, mayling and chisa as a scumteam, or something obviously not random. i wanted to know where vanderzant would come in and i still don't know what you meant by it.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would you suggest that something Vanderzant said would somehow make me want to say I'd get pissed at Xiivi/RNG for something that I would have already known by that point? Why would I ever have said something like that at all if I were scum with my family?

Anyway, although Vanderzant obviously couldn't have admitted it if it was true, I thought he might have thought that the game was stacked against him, Roxy and Clownbot, since he didn't have a direct connection to the "Mayling Family". But, the difference between what he and Clownbot had done was that he let me know what he thought I was referring to instead of suddenly getting all defensive and unwilling to cooperate.

Unvote Vote SRB

Let's lynch SRB now, unless Clownbot wants to derail that thread again.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@McFox: I get it now... -_-;;

I've really ignored everything apart from Cello/Clown these past few pages, so I'll have a look back at others and see what comes up.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Notice that I pointed out s2 and McFox in the same post where I said that I don't suspect you. This is because I wanted to shift the focus off of you and onto them,

I mentioned s2 and McFox because that is where I wanted the conversation to start going

as well as s2/mcfox for doing opposite things, it's one where I stop suspecting you and turn my attention toward them instead. I want more information from them.
Why did you end this post with a vote on SRB when you say you want more information from Sold2 and McFox?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Mayling, since you mentioned that you were scummates, does Clownbot tend to buddy his scum partners?

Clown, why did you target Hida and Vand as the people with the least connections to Mayling? There are other players on the list you don't know, why did you jump to Vand who was at the bottom? How do you know what my connection to Mayling is? (Before Mayling's explanation, of course)

Coin flip is telling me it's the "Mayling Family Mafia" scenario.

Why are you leeching off me and not thinking of your own opinions?
The irony of this statement makes me cry.

VOTE: S2

i hold grudges like a *****
What grudge were you referring to here?

T_T

T____________________________T

Stump yourself.
Why did you change his name to Heatstroke in the quote?

Wait, you think Clownbot tends to derail, but you're going after SRB? Does derailing mean scum to you?

So far I am getting scum read off Clownbot for his initial RVS with the reason those two had no connection to Mayling. Once again, why those two people?

My other suspect is Roxy. Roxy starts out with self vote, no real content of posts except for catching Sold breaking a rule. Although it is good that someone noticed a rule being broken, I'd like to see more content from a player's posts. I'm not saying Roxy needs to post more, just that there needs to be less fluff and more meet in her(?) posts.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mayling, since you mentioned that you were scummates, does Clownbot tend to buddy his scum partners?
Let me think. I got killed night one, so there wasn't much development between us. I know I coached him in the beginning a little, and he said it helped (from what I recall.) I think we generally tiptoed around each other. I don't think he would buddy his partner, but I doubt he would try to launch an attack on them. He was really good at picking out the other scum team (better than me.) And we did win the game; he carried it out all to the end. However, it was a newbie game.

So far I am getting scum read off Clownbot for his initial RVS with the reason those two had no connection to Mayling. Once again, why those two people?
From what I understand, there's flawed reasoning in here. Could you try and expand on how this would make him scum?

My other suspect is Roxy. Roxy starts out with self vote, no real content of posts except for catching Sold breaking a rule. Although it is good that someone noticed a rule being broken, I'd like to see more content from a player's posts. I'm not saying Roxy needs to post more, just that there needs to be less fluff and more meet in her(?) posts.
I agree that Roxy doesn't have a lot of meat in his posts, and the game that I was in with him he started out that way; very silly. I don't think the game I'm pulling meta from is very good, though, because it was generally a very silly game. x_x Cello/S2 would prolly be better candidates on his meta, since Twilight was sort of fail on town's part.

Also, Roxy is a boy.

Tandora, is there a reason why you brought up your change in playstyle, rather than simply trying to execute it?

Cello, why are you advocating quicklynch? One big thing I noticed about you is that you're not trying to dig deep into people's thoughts and feelings, digging digging for answers to your questions, I just notice you saying "Lynch this person!" It's something that I would expect from you at the beginning, but where are our Cello Questions?

Mister Beepo said:
Well, it definitely doesn't make it easy that when I get back I have no fingers pointed at me so I have nothing to defend/respond to. It also doesn't help that since it is D1, fingers are being pointed everywhere and it's hard for me to really see a flaw in anyone's play this early.
I find it strange you want fingers/suspicions pointed onto you. Your second post said something along the lines of "No one noticed me?" and I asked you "Why do you want to be noticed?"

What's even more ironic is you criticized SRB for ignoring MY questions, when you yourself did as well.

Furthermore, although you have no fingers pointed AT YOU, there's no reason you can't give your opinions on what's happening to others. Or are you afraid of making connections?

Purple

Hi guys!
So i'm reading clownbot, and he misses answering all of the details of certain posts (p105). I don't know what particularly dodges by not answering "why should we believe you're town" however he dodged it.

He has some holes in his suspicions, by what he's said, he could potentially suspect Cello as well as the three people who are included in the group Cello mentioned, however no one else was mentioned as suspicious. I would assume that without any information, one would be suspicious of everyone, regardless of what leads may arise.

the rest of conversation seems to be nothing entirely important, just cello and clown bickering about each other, it seems to be a standstill where they both are trying to be right, about what? In the end, neither are helping town with this conversation, because they're both just trying to be right about an argument. Cello however, is asking others questions; clownbot seems more interested in just defending against Cello.

Delvro

Smash Ace
VOTE: CLOWNBOT

Gets annoyed when people defend him, likely an effort to make himself look good.
His case on me is frivolous. Uses faulty logic to claim that I should have voted Mayling.
More interested in bickering with Cello than contributing, even in the post where he votes for me, his attention is forcused on Cello. Cares more about talking to Cello than gathering information (scum hunting)

Sorry Cello. You were right after all.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for May 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 3:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: vanderzant, Delvro (
)
Delvro: Clownbot (
)
hidajiremi: (0)
Mayling: soaring-raptor-blast (
)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: (0)
Roxy: Roxy, Sold2 (
)
soaring-raptor-blast: Mister Eric, Cello_Marl (
)
Sold2: McFox (
)
Tandora: (0)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting: hidajiremi, Mayling, Tandora (
)

Purple

Hi guys!
Delvro, i'm going to take a step back and say. If someone was to say "want me help?" would you accept their help and defense as a townie? As Scum?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Nice OMGUS, Delvro. :bee:

Roxy, you and Cello should believe I'm Town because I am

Cello, you're funny, man. :laugh:

"Unwilling to cooperate..." Man, I got a good laugh out of that one.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clown, why did you target Hida and Vand as the people with the least connections to Mayling? There are other players on the list you don't know, why did you jump to Vand who was at the bottom? How do you know what my connection to Mayling is? (Before Mayling's explanation, of course)
I know most people's relationships here because I followed Newbie 3 for a bit, in which most of you guys played.

I was targeting them because... Wait, why do I need a reason? It was during RVS.

(Sorry, missed this post earlier)

Tandora

Smash Rookie
From what I understand, there's flawed reasoning in here. Could you try and expand on how this would make him scum?
Well, if I was Clown, I'd look at the list and notice Hida's name since it's the third one on the list. I'd think "This guy hasn't played much and there's been no mention of him knowing Mayling previous." (I did an ISO on Newbie 6 to confirm that Hida never mentioned knowing Mayling.) So, I understand him picking Hida. But why didn't he mention Roxy or even myself before getting to Vand? How would Clown know my connection to you when I've never played with him before? I think it's strange he jumped to the bottom of the list looking for a likely suspect based on IRL connections if he's never interacted with some of us before.

Also, Roxy is a boy.

Tandora, is there a reason why you brought up your change in playstyle, rather than simply trying to execute it?
Ok, I wasn't sure b/c the name is androgynous and the pic is feminine. Thanks for clarifying gender.

I mentioned the playstyle change b/c I tend to ramble when I'm uncertain of myself and the attempt at a new playstyle causes me to be nervous and thus uncertain.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I didn't mention either of you because I know from looking at other games that Vand is the only one who has never played with Mayling nor is related to her. Before I found out that Hida was her brother-in-law I went after him because I thought the same applied.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
@McFox: Yes.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you suggest that something Vanderzant said would somehow make me want to say I'd get pissed at Xiivi/RNG for something that I would have already known by that point? Why would I ever have said something like that at all if I were scum with my family?

Anyway, although Vanderzant obviously couldn't have admitted it if it was true, I thought he might have thought that the game was stacked against him, Roxy and Clownbot, since he didn't have a direct connection to the "Mayling Family". But, the difference between what he and Clownbot had done was that he let me know what he thought I was referring to instead of suddenly getting all defensive and unwilling to cooperate.

Unvote Vote SRB

wtf. i had NO IDEA WHAT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT

hence why I asked. >__>

and what does your answer have to do with the RNG? you just said you thought he felt the game was stacked against him??.... what the heck are you talking about ??? still don't get it

and why did you vote for me? you gonna back that up with an explanation hot shot?

What grudge were you referring to here?
I was scum in muppets.

I allowed him to live and he lynched me the last day :(

I'm not going to dig it up before I go to bed. it's sleepy time for me. but I do remember when I read through the posts that you were continuously prodded, mainly or maybe only (not 100% until i look) by Mayling, to stop avoiding answering her question(s).

and that just had fishy written all over it.
UNVOTE, VOTE: MISTER ERIC

called it

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I find it strange you want fingers/suspicions pointed onto you. Your second post said something along the lines of "No one noticed me?" and I asked you "Why do you want to be noticed?"

What's even more ironic is you criticized SRB for ignoring MY questions, when you yourself did as well.

Furthermore, although you have no fingers pointed AT YOU, there's no reason you can't give your opinions on what's happening to others. Or are you afraid of making connections?
I already told you that it's difficult for me to draw conclusions so early into the game. It's just a jumpy jump-fest that I haven't caught on to yet. I would say "please remember my playstyle from my last mafia game" but then you'd prob point out that I was scum and leave it at that. I wish there was some way to convince you that I'm still not 100% comfortable with making first steps yet but I will leave you with your suspicions.

I took that question as a rhetorical one. I bet you wouldn't have even prodded me about it like you did SRB if you werent try to find some contradiction in my choice of play.

UNVOTE, VOTE: MISTER ERIC

called it
Aww, uMad?

Bring it.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Delvro, i'm going to take a step back and say. If someone was to say "want me help?" would you accept their help and defense as a townie? As Scum?
If people stepped up to defend me and I was a townie, I see no reason to tell them to back off. The only townie reason I can think of where one would NOT want people coming to there defense would simply be because of pride. I don't know much about Clownbot's personality, so I can't judge if that's the case.

On the other hand, if a LOT of other people were defending me and calling me town (and I was a townie), I would dislike it because it would put a target on my back for a nightkill. I would especially dislike it if I had a power role and didn't want to draw the mafia's attention (but of course I wouldn't say that I had a power role). However, this is clearly not the case with Clownbot, since he has had at least a small amount of suspicion for most of the game and a vote from Cello and Vand a majority of the time.

And clownbot, your accusation of OMGUS is desperate. I know full well the dangers of voting somebody who is voting me, but I am doing it anyway, because I think you're scum.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Don't really appreciate being called proud. Maybe I am but it's kind of mean to point it out D:

And no, actually, my accusation of OMGUS isn't desperate. It's me calling it like it is, lol. Your logic for voting me is pretty shaky imo, the only part that I might even consider plausible is my bickering with Cello.

Delvro

Smash Ace
No I'm not calling you proud. I am saying that a townie may refuse help out of pride, but that doesn't apply to you because I don't think that you are a townie.

I have seen many rebuffs from townies when others come to defend them. One strikes out to me in particular, but most of them sound something like this.

"Don't be so certain that I'm a townie, because clearing people and defending them staunchly is risky because people can and are often wrong"

Basically it's a warning to townies to keep a clear head.

When you rebuffed people who defended you, it was different. I think you did it because you thought it would look good. However, I've never played with you before so I don't know if this is something you always do.

Regardless, this is a relatively minor point compared to the way you've been acting in general... how you've pretty much just talked to Cello the entire game. You seem to have no intention of helping gather information for the town, and are content playing some kind of two player game here. It's really weird honestly.

Purple

Hi guys!
If people stepped up to defend me and I was a townie, I see no reason to tell them to back off. The only townie reason I can think of where one would NOT want people coming to there defense would simply be because of pride. I don't know much about Clownbot's personality, so I can't judge if that's the case.
Couldn't you consider this scenario a fake connection, connecting with you, and if they flip scum, you will be considered.

Purple

Hi guys!
Even in a scenario that you are town voting on 'scum' the chances of you getting it so quickly with no real viable information seems fishy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So, Delvro seems to be pretty **** confident that I'm scum.

Don't get why it works to be suspicious with me and not him. FoS Roxy

Delvro

Smash Ace
Couldn't you consider this scenario a fake connection, connecting with you, and if they flip scum, you will be considered.
That's a good point and definitely a possibility, however if that was the case then that would imply that clownbot was suspicious of the person defending him, which I haven't seen any evidence of.

Purple

Hi guys!
Look at it from my point of view Clownbot. You seem absolutely certain that you are absolutely certain you caught scum.

But I am trying to help the Town. I have my vote on scum, after all.
You have no doubt in it at all. We've only gone through five pages of information, and two of them are RVS. So three pages of info and you already have scum?

Delvro

Smash Ace
what is ebwop? I'm assuming it has something to do with wanting to edit a previous post, but I'm not sure what the acronym stands for.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Isn't this wrong? I seem to remember defending you in an aib game and you told me to stop, and got paranoid about me doing so.

What I don't like about you Delvro is that you seem to be contradicting yourself a lot. You know for a fact that I am paranoid when people buddy me. In fact, this is what you tried to use as a scumtell against me in Disney PopStars. But here you're saying Clownbot is trying to make himself look good for telling people not to defend him. It seems you're allowing others to get away with stuff and other people are guilty for doing this. You've done this twice. :/

Gonna do a reread after Jeremy posts.

Tandora, it looks like you were ninja'd by Clownbot. What do you think of him now that he admitted he followed Newbie 3?

Clownbot, clarify something for me. Did you go BACK and reread Newbie 3, or did you follow along with it while it was happening?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Again, Clownbot has shown no signs that he was supicious of anybody that defended him at the time that they did.

You get paranoid when people agree with you. That's much broader than simply being paranoid when people defend you. You're trying to equate two situations which should not be.

Clownbot doesn't give any reason at all for not wanting people to defend him. He doesn't say it makes him suspicious like you do. All he says is that he doesn't want you to do it.

I'm really not seeing the contradictions here that you claim. Sure, both you and Clownbot have expressed distaste when people buddy you (you more generally dislike it when people agree with you). The key differences, though, is that you have a reason to do so, and a good one. Also, it's a part of your expected playstyle, which I have experienced very often (and felt confident that I could metagame you, which I was wrong). My accusations were because I felt that you personally were acting different than you normally do.

On the other hand, Clownbot has given absolutely no reason as to why he acts the way he does towards people defending him. Perhaps I'm assuming the worst, but the difference between you and him is very clear to me.

Nonetheless, I have already said that this is a minor point in comparison to the unproductive (willing to gather useful information for the town) attitude that he has maintained throughout the entire game.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clownbot, clarify something for me. Did you go BACK and reread Newbie 3, or did you follow along with it while it was happening?
I followed it for a bit while it was going on because I had signed up for a replacement. At some point I just started to leave it alone, though, and later I had stayed off SWF for a few days and when I got back on I had been contacted for replacement but it was too late. I suppose I had forgotten about the game, but I didn't read too much, anyway.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I hadn't been actively scumhunting that much during my argument with Cello because it sidetracked me whenever he responded. From now on I'll try to look into people more, sorry.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I followed it for a bit while it was going on because I had signed up for a replacement. At some point I just started to leave it alone, though, and later I had stayed off SWF for a few days and when I got back on I had been contacted for replacement but it was too late. I suppose I had forgotten about the game, but I didn't read too much, anyway.
Oh that's interesting. Do you still have your replacement PM request from the Mod? Could you tell me who they contacted you to replace?

I know these questions seem super inane but if you could bear with me, I'd appreciate it. X3

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Deleted, sorry. =/

The only thing I remember being in my PM was Marshy asking if I could still replace, he didn't specify who for and I didn't bother checking the thread if it was too late. I can check back and see if I can figure out who if you want.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Deleted, sorry. =/

The only thing I remember being in my PM was Marshy asking if I could still replace, he didn't specify who for and I didn't bother checking the thread if it was too late. I can check back and see if I can figure out who if you want.
Sure go ahead. If it's not too much trouble.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It was either you or Raptor... I know I wasn't first on the replacement list but that's the best I can do.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Can I ask what significance Clownbot's replacing into Newbie 3 has?

also I hate newbie 3

Top Bottom