• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Lol, May just voted SR:bee:

I made a funny. And if you don't find that funny, you don't have a soul.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
SRB your name is abnormally large.

i wanted to be different :D

what i find interesting is that you didn't dispute the fact you were scum, or that his meta held truth
how does it hold truth?? I made like two posts!

and sorry, EBWOP: I am not scum

you really think s2 is scum? what exactly is making you think this?
he intentionally misinterpreted and misquoted and obvious joke to try and make me look scummy.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fine whatever ok. I was just trying to have some fun.

VOTE VANDERZANT
Sold2
McFox
Mayling
why

10 whys

also :(

though on a serious note, that's a fairly large list without ANY explanation. plus i assume this vote is serious instead of a rvs one. wanna explain cowboy??

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Feel free to try. It's doesn't further the already forming connections we have, but one is just as good as another this early on.
Exactly.

Although, on that note, why aren't you pursing this S2/SRB/McFox bit? What are your thoughts on it?
Bit? What? None of those people have done anything scummy. Of course, they've yet to do anything pro-town. I don't really get what you're asking me. Also, why did you include McFox?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
unvote vote Clownbot

Alright guys, bandwagon on Clownbot is GO! Let's see if he's protecting someone or if he just doesn't get it.

Purple

Hi guys!
Y'know, I was thinking about how I said that phrase would be bad.

Then I was like, eh, I don't feel like EBWOP'ing.

Sold2 likes to read.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Clownbot: Why do you think I included McFox? I want to hear what you think about that.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Uh, I don't know, that's why I'm asking you...

I figured you named Sold and Raptor because of their popularity (lynch candidate-wise). That's why I questioned you naming McFox; he hasn't really had any suspicion put on him.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
How am I a popular lynch candidate, Clownbot?

@Vanderzant, day 1 of Day 1. I wanted to have a little fun, and see how people react. I'll be serious when it's serious time, which should be coming up soon. I'll make serious time if serious time doesn't make itself.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You're not popular popular, but after Raptor you've pretty much been suspected the most.

Delvro

Smash Ace
No, he needs to die because he's scum.

Mayling questioned Clown's fos but it seemed clear to me why he did it. I feel like she may have just been doing that to look good.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vanderzant said:
I feel like this game is one big troll.
Why?

And if it's why I think it is, I'll be mad at Xiivi (or the RNG).

@Clownbot: I mentioned McFox because he pushed on S2 a little, like SRB. It's one of the only things he has done. The fact that you choose to ignore that or didn't notice it suggests that you aren't really looking for anything to progress this game. You didn't even bother to try to figure out why I mentioned McFox; why should we believe you are town?

More Clownbot (or Vanderzant, if he doesn't respond to me) votes, plox.

And Tandora too. Where is she?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Do you think that makes Mayling scummy? And if so, why are you paying more attention to someone who you haven't even provided sufficient reasoning for?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Clownbot: I mentioned McFox because he pushed on S2 a little, like SRB. It's one of the only things he has done. The fact that you choose to ignore that or didn't notice it suggests that you aren't really looking for anything to progress this game. You didn't even bother to try to figure out why I mentioned McFox; why should we believe you are town?
I did notice it but I didn't think that was the relation of the people you mentioned. I figured they all had something in common rather than two of them having something in common and the other being that something.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Delvro: I will join you against Vanderzant if his response isn't satisfactory.

@Clownbot: You've looked enough into people to determine who they think is suspicious. Who did you think found S2 suspicious, enough to be second-most to you? Wouldn't McFox have been one of those people? Why didn't you realize that's why I included him? Why did you think I thought McFox was suspicious? If I referred to our current exchange as the Cello/Clownbot/McFox bit, would you think that I was suggesting we were all the same? If not, why did you assume that here?

If pushing against me as good the S2/SRB/McFox connections that have formed, why haven't you done it? What would you learn from my lynch? How would learning my flip be of more use to you than, say, S2?

Clownbot said:
I did notice it but I didn't think that was the relation of the people you mentioned. I figured they all had something in common rather than two of them having something in common and the other being that something.
Why did you assume I was lumping them together if you had realized that? Why didn't you just answer my question when I asked you why you thought I included him?

I'm happy with my vote.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cello, quit hounding clownbot.

Vanderzant needs to die.

Mayling is jumpy and acting weirdly.
That's weird, cus last time we played together, I wasn't jumpy ENOUGH and that made me scummy.

Mayling questioned Clown's fos but it seemed clear to me why he did it. I feel like she may have just been doing that to look good.
You're not going to get anywhere with just saying that. If you really think he's scum you need to explain why.

Also, I questioned FoS and it may have been obvious but assuming in the worst in this game. You're basically calling me scum for asking questions.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Who did you think found S2 suspicious, enough to be second-most to you? Wouldn't McFox have been one of those people? Why didn't you realize that's why I included him? Why did you think I thought McFox was suspicious? If I referred to our current exchange as the Cello/Clownbot/McFox bit, would you think that I was suggesting we were all the same? If not, why did you assume that here?

If pushing against me as good the S2/SRB/McFox connections that have formed, why haven't you done it? What would you learn from my lynch? How would learning my flip be of more use to you than, say, S2?

Why did you assume I was lumping them together if you had realized that? Why didn't you just answer my question when I asked you why you thought I included him?

I'm happy with my vote.
Why did I think you thought McFox was suspicious? Because you put them together in the way you did. McFox hadn't done anything particularly scummy or gotten much attention, which is where my confusion arose.

Pushing against you is as good as... What? I'm sorry, your second paragraph just confuses me.

If you were talking about McFox/Raptor vs Sold, you should have written as such or similarly, not as McFox/SRB/S2. I assumed you were lumping them together because you did. I didn't answer your question because I couldn't possibly think of anything that connected all three of them. Why? Because there wasn't anything that connected all three of them. One connected the other two, but no fourth person or particular action linked them all together.

As for who I actually find scummy, I think Delvro's a pretty good candidate. He's pursuing Vand for no reason (and if he has one he has yet to state it, although there's no reason to hide that sort of thing) and ignoring someone who he's actually created vote-able reasons for.

Unvote, Vote Delvro

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Sold is clinging pretty hard to RJS. True it's day 1 of D1, but he's the only person left in that stage. I'm fine with my vote.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@McFox: Don't forget that Hida and Tanny aren't even really in the game yet.

@S2: I'm being serious with my questions to Clownbot. So far, he hasn't said much to make me think he's not scum.

@Vanderzant: I know you probably haven't read the first time I've asked yet, but I really want to know why you said you think this is one giant troll.

@Clownbot:

Cello said:
Pushing against you is as good as... What? I'm sorry, your second paragraph just confuses me.
It's missing an "is" between the first "me" and "as". Reread it that way and answer it, although simply dismissing it when it should have been obvious in context (you even added the "is" in your "response") isn't doing you any favors.

You suggested that getting me lynched was as good as lynching SRB. Why did you say that?

Why are you pushing on any person possible in any way possible without actually pursuing anything? If you thought it was so "actually vote-able", why didn't you continue that line of thought against May a while ago, especially since you were the one she questioned? Why would Delvro and Mayling make up some scheme to ask you "Why" then Delvro attack her, but not really, somehow garnering some benefit from that? What benefit would that be, since it's so scummy to you?

Why are you so worried about Vanderzant? Who has actually done something scummy other than you (and supposedly Delvro, according to you)?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Can you at least give a reason? I really can't give anything other than a simple "no"

---

@Cello: I meant that I'm not following a lot of the humour/intricacies of the players (who know eachother irl) in this thread, e.g. the the stuff about hida being a miller because he's mayling's brother in law irl, etc. etc.

I know that stuff was mostly joking around, but at the same time I feel kind of left out of it (obviously) and can't really respond to it. At all.

And if it's why I think it is, I'll be mad at Xiivi (or the RNG).
If you're suggesting that I'm suggesting some sort of role, or any form of bread-crumbing what so ever, then no. My intentions when I said "I feel like this is one big troll" were as above.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Cello said:
Who did you think found S2 suspicious, enough to be second-most to you? Wouldn't McFox have been one of those people? Why didn't you realize that's why I included him? Why did you think I thought McFox was suspicious? If I referred to our current exchange as the Cello/Clownbot/McFox bit, would you think that I was suggesting we were all the same? If not, why did you assume that here?
You're arbitrarily grouping people together who have had interactions. You never stated why you mentioned P1/P2/P3 as a group initially. I fail to see what problem you have with Clown questioning "why is P3 there?" if you didn't give a reason.

PLEASE, for those of us playing at home, give some sort of explanation for interrogating Clown about the above. The other reasons you mentioned in #110 are legit, but I don't understand this point in particular.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
UNVOTE

I like you. delvro must be mistaken.

let's kill....ummm....letsee....

VOTE: MAYLING

her name is the name of the thread. let's kill her and knock her off that high horse >:]

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It's missing an "is" between the first "me" and "as". Reread it that way and answer it, although simply dismissing it when it should have been obvious in context (you even added the "is" in your "response") isn't doing you any favors.

You suggested that getting me lynched was as good as lynching SRB. Why did you say that?
Oh, gee, uh, maybe it's because at the time we had extremely little to go off of? I didn't really have to use you, specifically. I could have used anyone.

Why are you pushing on any person possible in any way possible without actually pursuing anything? If you thought it was so "actually vote-able", why didn't you continue that line of thought against May a while ago, especially since you were the one she questioned? Why would Delvro and Mayling make up some scheme to ask you "Why" then Delvro attack her, but not really, somehow garnering some benefit from that? What benefit would that be, since it's so scummy to you?
I'm not pursuing Mayling because her latest post actually makes me more suspicious of Delvro, especially the jumpiness part. I'm not saying they're both scum, btw. I never did.

Why are you so worried about Vanderzant? Who has actually done something scummy other than you (and supposedly Delvro, according to you)?
What have I done that's scummy?

People have posted. We should be able at this point to determine who's suspicious to us, and to me, it's Delvro. I'm not "worried" about Vand, lol. I can take care of the rest as time goes on.

Vand... Could you not buddy me? ._. Kthx

Raptor, I do not believe we are still in RVS. -_-

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Hi guys,

Sorry I'm so late getting into this. As some of you know, Jeremy and I went on our fifth year anniversary on Friday. Then Saturday we went shopping all day. We stopped back by the house and Jeremy took a minute to ninja a response into the game while I was doing my normal internet activities before we went to see Shrek Forever After. Then we came home and played Rock Band with some friends, then I played Risk with May, Greg, and Alex, and then Jeremy and I went to Qdoba with this girl named Rachel and stayed up way too late.

So, now I'm finally dragging out of the bed and trying to catch up on posts. I'd like to go back and reread the posts more thoroughly for details, but I have skimmed them and have a few thoughts pop up.

1) @ Mayling - What is beepo?
2) How do people feel about lists? I tend to ask this now because one forum game making lists caused a huge stink. I can see where it's anti-town, but I like to put it out there to get my thoughts out and it usually makes me more concentrated on my posts.
3) I *know* I saw someone mention four names for scum, but going over the posts I cannot find it. Does anyone else remember that? o.o

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
1) @ Mayling - What is beepo?
2) How do people feel about lists? I tend to ask this now because one forum game making lists caused a huge stink. I can see where it's anti-town, but I like to put it out there to get my thoughts out and it usually makes me more concentrated on my posts.
3) I *know* I saw someone mention four names for scum, but going over the posts I cannot find it. Does anyone else remember that? o.o
1) Beepo is a Mister Eric original meme. He uses it at tournaments and stuff, because he mains ROB (the robit.) And he goes beep beep!
2) I always thought if a townie could manage to make a list before their death it was a good thing, because it let town know their most recent thoughts before death.
3) Are you talking about how S2 was like Vand, Clown, Roxy for scum with McFox as miller, and then was like "No it's the Mayling Family" and I was like that means you think there's four scum, and he was like No, Jeremy doesn't count as family, he'd be the miller?

Delvro

Smash Ace
Also, I questioned FoS and it may have been obvious but assuming in the worst in this game. You're basically calling me scum for asking questions.
I'm not yet calling you scum.

Do you think that makes Mayling scummy? And if so, why are you paying more attention to someone who you haven't even provided sufficient reasoning for?
I think that it was odd. I don't know about scummy. I'm not paying more attention to Mayling because I think that it is silly to vote someone because they simply questioned your FoS, even though it is an act that I think was not necessary. I understand that other people think differently than I do, you see.

In fact, the only reason that I elaborated on Mayling, despite the fact that she was at the bottom of a list of suspicions, is that two different people (you and her) asked me to. Otherwise they would likely have been forgotten just as my other two suspicions seem to have been (I wonder why?).

I'm not pursuing Mayling because her latest post actually makes me more suspicious of Delvro, especially the jumpiness part.
So you're suspicious of me because of something Mayling said?

About the jumpiness thing, didn't anyone else notice that I listed 3 candidates below my vote, and Mayling was the only one who bothered to question being put on the list? I thought it was a little too interested in it, considering that she was at the bottom and my reason for putter her on it is not really all that solid (it is Day 1, after all). However, it is only natural to wonder why people suspect you, and I think that Mayling tends to act like this whether she is town or scum.

What is bothering me now is the fact that two others, McFox and Soldier2 haven't mentioned a thing about it, despite both being placed above Mayling. Perhaps they're content with hiding under the Mayling thing? I think it may be worth looking into.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Clownbot, you're arguing with Cello an awful lot. In fact, you quoted him in your last three posts, including the one where you voted me. How I read your post as "Cello you're wrong because of this and this and this... btw vote Delvro"

So, do you plan on giving your opinion on him, or are you content with the way things are right now?

Top Bottom