• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mayling Family Mafia (Mayfia) - Who successfully escaped the Shadow Realm?

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
About the jumpiness thing, didn't anyone else notice that I listed 3 candidates below my vote, and Mayling was the only one who bothered to question being put on the list? I thought it was a little too interested in it, considering that she was at the bottom and my reason for putter her on it is not really all that solid (it is Day 1, after all). However, it is only natural to wonder why people suspect you, and I think that Mayling tends to act like this whether she is town or scum.

What is bothering me now is the fact that two others, McFox and Soldier2 haven't mentioned a thing about it, despite both being placed above Mayling. Perhaps they're content with hiding under the Mayling thing? I think it may be worth looking into.
I didn't realize it was a (GASP!!!!) list. But, I don't think it's fair to question me being interested. If I didn't say anything, you'd think I was scummy for NOT saying anything. In fact, here, you say S2 and McFox need to be looked into for not saying anything about the list. So, effectively, you admit yourself that it was a "**** if you do, **** if you don't."

I was TOO jumpy for asking you elaborate (I think it interesting I asked you to elaborate on everyone [actually I was most interested in you elaborating in your vote, seeing as you're CONVINCED Vand is scum] but you are trying to twist it into seeming like I was only interested in hearing what you had to say about me; No. I was interested in the entirety of the list.)

But S2 and McFox are suspicious for not saying anything about the list. :/

So which was the right thing to do Delvro? You yourself seem to admit that either action resulted in scumminess.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
EBWOP: By list, I meant a list of actual scumminess order, as compared to "list of people I suspect." I thought it was the latter.

Delvro

Smash Ace
You're overanalyzing this Mayling. Because both you and clownbot questioned the list, my attention was focused on you. After spending some time thinking about it, I realized that this is simply how you play. I said so. Just because I state that something is worth looking into doesn't mean that I'm committed that somebody is scum. Also, you're forgetting that time has passed and arguments have been made between your first reaction and what is happening now.

Last game I stated that I had a passing suspicion of you because of some reason I don't remember. But because you pressed on me about every single detail and tried to make up reasons and connections for everything I did, you ended up convincing me that you were trying to frame me and because of it we attacked each other for the rest of the day. I'd rather not this whole thing happen against simply because I put you at the bottom of a Day 1 list.

Sometimes I just don't think things through logically (sorry Soldier2)

Delvro

Smash Ace
Note to those unfamiliar with the last game I was talking about, the thing between me and Mayling was entirely my fault because I stupidly said "hey guys I suspect Mayling" while at first refusing to say why and then giving some stupid metagamey reason for doing so, which sparked a big battle of attacks which I of course eventually lost.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Clownbot, you're arguing with Cello an awful lot. In fact, you quoted him in your last three posts, including the one where you voted me. How I read your post as "Cello you're wrong because of this and this and this... btw vote Delvro"

So, do you plan on giving your opinion on him, or are you content with the way things are right now?
My opinion on him? He hasn't really done anything scummy but his case on me is kind of weird. He took a misconception of mine and managed to turn it against me somehow.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Sold is clinging pretty hard to RJS. True it's day 1 of D1, but he's the only person left in that stage. I'm fine with my vote.
UNVOTE

I like you. delvro must be mistaken.

let's kill....ummm....letsee....

VOTE: MAYLING

her name is the name of the thread. let's kill her and knock her off that high horse >:]
Just saying man. The vote is fine and I can understand, but I hope you have more to contribute than just "it's sold." You say yourself that I'm the only one stuck in this phase still, so you should have plenty to comment on.

@Delvro, I didn't respond because I didn't even know what I was responding to. ._.
You just put my name there. I guess I'm too stupid to interpret WHY my name was there. Also.
Sometimes I just don't think things through logically (sorry Soldier2)
Mod: No screenshots [print screens].

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Last game I stated that I had a passing suspicion of you because of some reason I don't remember. But because you pressed on me about every single detail and tried to make up reasons and connections for everything I did, you ended up convincing me that you were trying to frame me and because of it we attacked each other for the rest of the day. I'd rather not this whole thing happen against simply because I put you at the bottom of a Day 1 list.
Or is it because this time you're scum?? Hmm???? I'm onto you!!!

You're overanalyzing this Mayling. Because both you and clownbot questioned the list, my attention was focused on you. After spending some time thinking about it, I realized that this is simply how you play. I said so. Just because I state that something is worth looking into doesn't mean that I'm committed that somebody is scum. Also, you're forgetting that time has passed and arguments have been made between your first reaction and what is happening now.
Over-analyzing this? No I'm not. You just blatantly said "Oh, Mayling you're suspicious for this. But S2/McFox you're suspicious for doing the opposite." That's pretty suspicious to me, because it allows a lot of leeway when it comes to placing votes/suspicions. You're saying everyone is suspicious for doing everything! That won't get us anywhere, fast!

Now you're pretty much bringing past games and saying I'm overanalyzing things in order to demean my points against you.

And although you say things, you should realize you're going to be accounted for what you say. It's weird to mean you're acting like "just cause you say things" it seems like you shouldn't be held accountable for them.

Purple

Hi guys!

22) You may not post screenshots [print screens] or anything resembling a screenshot [print screen]. These will be edited out by the Game Moderator immediately.
¤This offense will result in a warning or possible immediate modkill on a case to case basis.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just saying man. The vote is fine and I can understand, but I hope you have more to contribute than just "it's sold." You say yourself that I'm the only one stuck in this phase still, so you should have plenty to comment on.

@Delvro, I didn't respond because I didn't even know what I was responding to. ._.
You just put my name there. I guess I'm too stupid to interpret WHY my name was there. Also.
Is there a point to pointing a screenshot from our very first maf maf game? We've EVOLVED since then (I'm a flareon!)

Delvro

Smash Ace
Fine, if we absolutely have to continue this.

Notice that I pointed out s2 and McFox in the same post where I said that I don't suspect you. This is because I wanted to shift the focus off of you and onto them, because I stopped suspecting you because your actions were a result of your general playstyle. I mentioned s2 and McFox because that is where I wanted the conversation to start going rather than to keep talking about you. This kind of debate is the last thing I wanted and I frankly don't think it's accomplishing anything.

There is no **** if you do and **** if you don't situation here. The reason for this is because I don't have any clear suspicions in the first place. None. Not even Vand. The post you keep referencing is not one where I suspect you as well as s2/mcfox for doing opposite things, it's one where I stop suspecting you and turn my attention toward them instead. I want more information from them. I don't want information about you any longer, although I do want your opinions about other players.

I'm acting this way because I'm paranoid. Most of my suspicions on everyone in this game is based on a single comment. I have NOWHERE near enough evidence to declare a single person in this game "scummy". You're overestimating the degree of suspicion I have upon every person in this game so far and still overanalyzing my statements to make it sound like I'm dead set in my ways and then poking fun at the flimsy, almost whimsical evidence that I bring up against people.

Of course it's going to look silly if you make it seem like I have truly convinced myself that these people are scum based on this evidence. What I am actually doing is trying to discover the answer to the question... would player X react in this manner as scum (since two players may react to the same situation in diametrically opposed ways as scum), since I don't currently have enough information to make a judgment yet?

UNVOTE
VOTE SRB

Delvro

Smash Ace
My vote because I don't like his voting patterns. He's usually more wishy-washy and noncommittal to a vote, yet he seems content with throwing it around all over the place this time around.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm acting this way because I'm paranoid. Most of my suspicions on everyone in this game is based on a single comment. I have NOWHERE near enough evidence to declare a single person in this game "scummy". You're overestimating the degree of suspicion I have upon every person in this game so far and still overanalyzing my statements to make it sound like I'm dead set in my ways and then poking fun at the flimsy, almost whimsical evidence that I bring up against people.
Well, that's what got us going at each other's throat last time!! But you gotta realize, if you're going to put down a vote, one that's coming out of rvs, then you need to explain it. Imo, at least. You can't be throwing your vote around without saying why, and when two different people say "Why" you don't say anything. I still don't think you said why you voted Vand in the first place, did you? You haven't. You didn't even point us to the "single comment" that may have sent your radars off. And I do think townie Delvro would be smarter than to try and pull something like this off. Why did you find Vand suspicious in the first place (for the THIRD time, I think)?

Hida Jiremi, McFox, Mister Eric, Roxy, SRB, Tandora. They all need to speak more.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
@Mayling, Mister Eric went to School is in Session, so he has legit johns. Also I posted that screenie because I felt it was relevant to the situation. Also it was funny, at least to me.

Mayling and Delvro, you've both honestly lost me now =/. Would like to hear Delvro's explanation for Vand though.

Delvro

Smash Ace
I voted for Vand because everything he says sounds suspicious and shifty. Explaining why is pointless because I can't do it.

Remember when you claimed daycop because you didn't want have to explain your suspicions to anyone? It's difficult to explain, especially in a way that's convincing (because it most certainly wouldn't be) and out in the open where mafia can ridicule me and turn my arguments against me.

I can't be afforded the luxury of claiming daycop and people actually believing me so that I don't have to explain myself. So instead, I simply vote.

Delvro

Smash Ace
And I do think townie Delvro would be smarter than to try and pull something like this off.
So you think scum Delvro turns into a moron? The mafia isn't stupid and in general are more careful with their votes than townies are. But if you think I'd try to make a "stupid" move like this as scum, then that is your perogative.

Delvro

Smash Ace
SRB, you're not REALLY content with voting Mayling, are you? You really should switch your vote. Before anyone asks, I can't explain why. But I'd be willing to bet a popsicle on it.

Yum.

Sorry about the triple post, I guess I should start thinking a little more before I hit that post button.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you think scum Delvro turns into a moron? The mafia isn't stupid and in general are more careful with their votes than townies are. But if you think I'd try to make a "stupid" move like this as scum, then that is your perogative.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

unvote

actually scum Delvro is much smarter than this :bee:

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Actually, SRB, why were you sheeping Delvro in the first place?
I don't have a suspect. i was helpin a brotha out :bee:

You say yourself that I'm the only one stuck in this phase still, so you should have plenty to comment on.
was that directed at me? if so you're lying cause I never said that. :I

SRB, you're not REALLY content with voting Mayling, are you? You really should switch your vote. Before anyone asks, I can't explain why. But I'd be willing to bet a popsicle on it.

Yum.
I'm not fine with it but I don't think it's hurting anything. but yeah I'm surprised nobody jumped on me for it too.

and... I'm really sorry but I have NO idea where to throw my vote... vibe wise I'm liking everyone but cello and S2. that's it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Roxy: In your opinion, should S2 be warned or modkilled, or even nothing at all, and why? Also, in light of whatever response you give, why did you showcase that picture and rule in the first place?

@Tanny: When you were playing Risk, what prevented you from playing this game at the same time? What took you this long?

@SRB: A bad vibe from me? You'd better change your mind or back that up before I grab you by the neck and start wringing. If you're looking for someone to vote, vote Clownbot.

@Delvro: Of course Clownbot is content. I'll point out everything that he's doing, then someone will say something exploitable 2 days before deadline and get lynched instead.

@Vanderzant: I didn't arbitrarily group together McFox with S2 and SRB; that was Clownbot. He was the one that suggested I thought they were all scummy. My problem with Clownbot is that he supposedly realized that McFox wasn't scummy like the rest, but still suggested I thought that he was. That was what I wanted from him, to say that, but he wouldn't.

Alex = McFox, Greg = Delvro, May = Mayling.

PLEASE, for those of us playing at home, give some sort of explanation for interrogating Clown about the above. The other reasons you mentioned in #110 are legit, but I don't understand this point in particular.
Stop with the "I feel so left out" routine. This is a normal game of mafia, and if you don't feel like trying to understand how and why people do what they do, then you can go too.

@Clownbot: If anyone was fine, including SRB, then why did you go out of your way to start up with me by saying "Why not lynch you?"? What was your agenda? You said, "Exactly", as a response to that, but that would mean you didn't think that there was any SRB-S2-McFox bit at all (since anything was just as good as anything else), a point that you later refuted yourself by saying you thought there was something there.

I'm not pursuing Mayling because her latest post actually makes me more suspicious of Delvro, especially the jumpiness part. I'm not saying they're both scum, btw. I never did.
"As for who I actually find scummy, I think Delvro's a pretty good candidate." That was you. And if Mayling has "[reasons to be] vote-able", then what else are we to believe you think about her? You may not believe they are both scum at the same time, but if that's the case, then why did you push against both in the same sentence?

One connected the other two, but no fourth person or particular action linked them all together.
Isn't that what connections are? Links? Why did you need some "fourth person" to link together three people? If three people all talk amongst each other and agree they are all town, do they need a "fourth person" to have a connection?

You're worried about Vand buddying you. Why?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
@Clownbot: If anyone was fine, including SRB, then why did you go out of your way to start up with me by saying "Why not lynch you?"? What was your agenda?
You were being used as an example. I didn't think you were scummy nor did I want you lynched. Again, I could have used anyone else and the same thing would have applied. At the time no one was scummy to me.

You said, "Exactly", as a response to that, but that would mean you didn't think that there was any SRB-S2-McFox bit at all (since anything was just as good as anything else), a point that you later refuted yourself by saying you thought there was something there.
...What?

You're the one who said there was something there! All of the stuff you have on me stemmed from that question you asked me way back when about what was going on between them.

"As for who I actually find scummy, I think Delvro's a pretty good candidate." That was you. And if Mayling has "[reasons to be] vote-able", then what else are we to believe you think about her? You may not believe they are both scum at the same time, but if that's the case, then why did you push against both in the same sentence?
Delvro gave vote-able reasons, I didn't say I found them valid. I was never pushing for Mayling's lynch, nor have I found her suspicious.

Isn't that what connections are? Links? Why did you need some "fourth person" to link together three people? If three people all talk amongst each other and agree they are all town, do they need a "fourth person" to have a connection?
No, because that's something all three of them have in common. The three people you mentioned didn't have anything in common. Two of them had the other person in common.

You're worried about Vand buddying you. Why?
You wouldn't be irked if someone did the same thing with you as Vand did with me?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Clown: If I have a problem with something someone said, I'm going to speak up.

@Cello. Um...

Cello #79: Although, on that note, why aren't you pursing this S2/SRB/McFox bit? What are your thoughts on it?
Clown #87: Also, why did you include McFox?
Cello #88: Vote Clown

You clearly mentioned those 3 players together first, and then Clown asked for clarification. It's similar to what Delvro did, you grouped them together in order to gauge a reaction. I still can't see what you have found wrong with Clown's response.

Stop with the "I feel so left out" routine. This is a normal game of mafia, and if you don't feel like trying to understand how and why people do what they do, then you can go too.
As soon as you stop twisting words, and start making sense.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Vanderzant said:
Also Cello, mind telling me what the RNG/Xivii stuff meant earlier?
I was about to answer this, but first, SRB, what do you think I meant?

Vanderzant said:
As soon as you stop twisting words, and start making sense.
Even if this was true, how would it have anything to do you with you playing the game? Does everything have to be written out for you to do anything or contribute to this game?

Clownbot said:
...What? You're the one who said there was something there!
So? I may have been the first to mention it aloud in thread, but you still claimed to have noticed it too. "I did notice it." was what you said in response to my "I mentioned McFox because he pushed on S2 a little, like SRB." That was something, something that we could have investigated further. Why did you try to dissuade us from discussing that by suggesting anyone else's lynch or bandwagon would help our investigation just as much as SRB's?

Clownbot said:
Delvro gave vote-able reasons, I didn't say I found them valid.
If it's not a valid argument, then why would you have expected Delvro to vote for May? Why did you vote for Delvro for not pursuing what was, according to you, a valid argument?

Clownbot said:
You wouldn't be irked if someone did the same thing with you as Vand did with me?
Not really. He tried to support you; why are you getting so uptight over that? According to you, he hasn't acted scummy; why is his support a problem for you?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So? I may have been the first to mention it aloud in thread, but you still claimed to have noticed it too. "I did notice it." was what you said in response to my "I mentioned McFox because he pushed on S2 a little, like SRB." That was something, something that we could have investigated further. Why did you try to dissuade us from discussing that by suggesting anyone else's lynch or bandwagon would help our investigation just as much as SRB's?
I wasn't trying to dissuade anyone.

If it's not a valid argument, then why would you have expected Delvro to vote for May? Why did you vote for Delvro for not pursuing what was, according to you, a valid argument?
Because he must have thought it was valid and he didn't vote her in spite of that. I didn't think it was valid but if he did then why wouldn't he pursue her? My thoughts aren't directly related to his so this isn't really a valid point.

Not really. He tried to support you; why are you getting so uptight over that? According to you, he hasn't acted scummy; why is his support a problem for you?
I don't like being buddied in general. I can handle myself and I appreciate it when people defend me but it's not necessary.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Cello said:
Even if this was true, how would it have anything to do you with you playing the game? Does everything have to be written out for you to do anything or contribute to this game?
You told me that I can be lynched if I don't want to try and understand the game. I'm trying to understand your argument at Clown, but I still don't see how it's valid. Cut to the chase. Do you think Clown is scum? You've had ample time to make up your mind?

Purple

Hi guys!
@Roxy: In your opinion, should S2 be warned or modkilled, or even nothing at all, and why? Also, in light of whatever response you give, why did you showcase that picture and rule in the first place
I just think S2 deserves a warning, really it's nothing game-breaking.

The only reason I brought it up is because I remember for a fact that that was a rule, and that he should know that what he did was wrong.

All it shows is that he skimmed / forgot that rule.

Honestly, I don't see why he didn't just paraphrase that, But whatever.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for May 31, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 7/12 to lynch!

Day 1 Vote Count 2:
Cello_Marl: (0)
Clownbot: vanderzant, Cello_Marl (
)
Delvro: Clownbot (
)
hidajiremi: (0)
Mayling: soaring-raptor-blast (
)
McFox: (0)
Mister Eric: (0)
Roxy: Roxy, Sold2 (
)
soaring-raptor-blast: Mister Eric (
)
Sold2: McFox (
)
Tandora: (0)
vanderzant: (0)
Not Voting:Delvro, hidajiremi, Mayling, Tandora (
)

@All: Do not post screenshots [printscreens]; this includes quoting.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Delvro said:
What is bothering me now is the fact that two others, McFox and Soldier2 haven't mentioned a thing about it, despite both being placed above Mayling. Perhaps they're content with hiding under the Mayling thing? I think it may be worth looking into
I didn't see any reason I was on your list, so I didn't really see the need to comment on it. If you had voted me for no reason, that'd be something different. But just seeing my name in a post doesn't automatically ellicit a reaction from me.

Delvro said:
(since two players may react to the same situation in diametrically opposed ways as scum*)
*or as town

srb said:
was that directed at me? if so you're lying cause I never said that. :I
It was directed at me.

vand said:
You told me that I can be lynched if I don't want to try and understand the game. I'm trying to understand your argument at Clown, but I still don't see how it's valid. Cut to the chase. Do you think Clown is scum? You've had ample time to make up your mind?
Here's what I'm getting from the two of them:

Cello - There is a connection between McFox/Sold/SRB
Clown - Yes, I see it too.
Cello - Should we pursue that?
Clown - Why don't we pursue you* instead?

*Or anyone else, according to Clown's clarification.

The question is, why not pursue me/Sold/SRB? Why shift the focus from the three of us onto Cello? Is he protecting one of the three of us? He admits he didn't pick Cello because he thought he was scummy, he just picked him in order to say "Why not anyone else?"

Clown said:
At the time no one was scummy to me.
So if no one was scummy, then why not pursue an avenue of discussion against three players who have a connection? Why shift over to Cello?

This is what I'm getting from Cello vs. Clown.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I thought Cello actually had a reason to pursure Raptor as if he already thought he was scummy. I was saying "Why not anyone else" because so little had been unveiled at the time.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Well, it definitely doesn't make it easy that when I get back I have no fingers pointed at me so I have nothing to defend/respond to. It also doesn't help that since it is D1, fingers are being pointed everywhere and it's hard for me to really see a flaw in anyone's play this early.

But,

what I do feel confident in as of now is my vote for SRB. he has had quite a bit of heat from different players but just seems to flake out responses and doesn't really answer people's questions.

It was a joke vote at first, but now I'm sure I'm leaving it be for the time being.

Clownbot, you're arguing with Cello an awful lot.
Oh nu, I hope I don't see a replica of FF vs Cello (Newbie Mafia 3) again. that was an epic battle that I only got a headache out of. But I think that's just Cello's style. He likes to dig, scratch and claw his way through bits of information until he gets you to crack. At least that's my take on him since he is my former scum-mate. I'm afraid it could lead to over-analyzing people's words and taking heat off of people who might deserve it. Idk, let's see how it plays out.

The only reason I brought it up is because I remember for a fact that that was a rule, and that he should know that what he did was wrong.
ditto

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
p.s., I liked Delvro's original dialect or w/e the right word is. it reminds me of home :p

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
I was about to answer this, but first, SRB, what do you think I meant?
maybe you got a predictable role, such as you, mayling and chisa as a scumteam, or something obviously not random. i wanted to know where vanderzant would come in and i still don't know what you meant by it.

what I do feel confident in as of now is my vote for SRB. he has had quite a bit of heat from different players but just seems to flake out responses and doesn't really answer people's questions.
how (or where specifically) did not answer people's questions? I'm pretty sure I did.

I'm voting for you if you can't show me where I did this.
p.s., I liked Delvro's original dialect or w/e the right word is. it reminds me of home :p
me too :D

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm not going to dig it up before I go to bed. it's sleepy time for me. but I do remember when I read through the posts that you were continuously prodded, mainly or maybe only (not 100% until i look) by Mayling, to stop avoiding answering her question(s).

and that just had fishy written all over it.

Top Bottom