• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 9, 2015] Goast House Monthlies series (Independence, Ohio)

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
shoutouts to getting bracket-*****.

I'll be here for mms. Come at me.
:ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

edit: those were meant to be happy faces... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

asterik216

Smash Rookie
i am going to THROTTLE YOU

AND YOUR BROTHER

INTO THE NEXT

MOTHER****INGDIMENSION
I would hope so :)

Give us a few months of consistent playing and I don't think it will be as easy as you would hope. I think I am pretty decent for only playing the game since Monday. I just don't have the play time in yet for everything to be a natural reaction/instinct yet.

Plus both of us play super fast characters like fox-falco. I figure if you get good enough with them everything is slower and in theory easier since you trained your self to be super fast right from the start.

On a side note how many tv/gc setups will there be? Will people want to keep playing even after knocked out of the tourney? This is what I am really hoping for since I would like the practice and possibly learn some things if people are willing.

milistisia2

Smash Apprentice
I would hope so :)

Give us a few months of consistent playing and I don't think it will be as easy as you would hope. I think I am pretty decent for only playing the game since Monday. I just don't have the play time in yet for everything to be a natural reaction/instinct yet.

Plus both of us play super fast characters like fox-falco. I figure if you get good enough with them everything is slower and in theory easier since you trained your self to be super fast right from the start.

On a side note how many tv/gc setups will there be? Will people want to keep playing even after knocked out of the tourney? This is what I am really hoping for since I would like the practice and possibly learn some things if people are willing.
5 days of playing the game and youre going to a tournament? lol youre going to get 4 stocked by everyone there.

edit: well i guess my friend is prepared to money match with his yoshi (i cant even explain how bad he is) so you can play him XD

Skyson

Smash Ace
oh, ****. I should have looked into a ride for this.

Daaaaave I'll text you on my break today. I get out of work at 5 and can probably meet you at your place after work if you could give a brother a ride.

WHEN I DON'T TALK TO SLARTI, THINGS GET COMPLEX.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
oh, ****. I should have looked into a ride for this.

Daaaaave i'll text you on my break today. I get out of work at 5 and can probably meet you at your place after work if you could give a brother a ride.

When i don't talk to slarti, things get complex.
"i don't always talk to slarts, but when i do, i do things."

"i don't always do things, but when i do, i usually ask myself why i did them."

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
5 days of playing the game and youre going to a tournament? lol youre going to get 4 stocked by everyone there.

edit: well i guess my friend is prepared to money match with his yoshi (i cant even explain how bad he is) so you can play him XD
What's with all this negativity?
Everyone is welcome in our community
Its not really about winning, its about fun.

He probably won't do that well, sure, but I don't think he expects to.
On the plus side, we're all a bunch of fairly chill people and we have a lot of fun at these things.
Also starting with tournaments early on in your smash career can help you get to a decent level relatively fast.

asterik216

Smash Rookie
What's with all this negativity?
Everyone is welcome in our community
Its not really about winning, its about fun.

He probably won't do that well, sure, but I don't think he expects to.
On the plus side, we're all a bunch of fairly chill people and we have a lot of fun at these things.
Also starting with tournaments early on in your smash career can help you get to a decent level relatively fast.
Ya I don't get it either. I mean who really cares it's just for fun right? I don't know that everyone will 4 stock me. I really doubt that although I am sure some people will. I like to think I am a lot better then you think I will be after only a hand full of days playing. But we will see either way and I am just looking to play melee regardless of how good or bad me or others are. I just want to play.

milistisia2

Smash Apprentice
Ya I don't get it either. I mean who really cares it's just for fun right? I don't know that everyone will 4 stock me. I really doubt that although I am sure some people will. I like to think I am a lot better then you think I will be after only a hand full of days playing. But we will see either way and I am just looking to play melee regardless of how good or bad me or others are. I just want to play.
Haha ya sorry i didnt really mean for that to be negative, i just kind of types that while laughing that youve only been playing for five days... and i was thiking of how bad and funny my new friends are. Its my first tournament too so im gonna get wrecked as well XD. Anyways ill be there with my friends so maybe we can play some. My names brad by the way.

Also: awk, im here. Thought it opened at 2:30. Time to take a nap lol.

:phone:

milistisia2

Smash Apprentice
Ggs everynyan. Hopefully next time we can start at 5

Edit: also, i left my memory card in someones gamecube. It says brad on it. Lmk if you have it

:phone:

Goast

Smash Journeyman
I was considering holding off till January unless you guys really wanted to do one in december. It seems like people might be getting a little warn off and a break might be needed.... Then again it may be good training for apex. If you guys want to we can def do a december gig

Goast

Smash Journeyman
alright I'm gonna try to shoot for a december 15th "2012" booking.

I'll let you know asap... since it's holiday season anything can happen

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
If I'm going to this, I'll team with you, Sweet.

I intend to take 2nd in teams at least if we do. :)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Oh yea, I need a partner too. Preferably anyone who plays Fox or Peach.
But yea, anybody else (who doesn't use a ground based character) need a partner?

Top Bottom