• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 24-25 - Everybody Loves Manko: Season 2

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Meh.....Melee is still fun I might play some MMs on Sunday for Melee, I can't come to the tournament on Saturday though..sorry.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
what time should i arrive on sunday for brawl? i dont want to arrive at 9 AM and it not be starting til mufugggginnnn 5pm YAKNOZ?
For both days, I'll be starting teams at noon. If you think you can't make it before then, crash with us the night before. I don't want to hold the tourney if I don't have to. Anyone who still can't make it in time, give me a call. I can squeeze people in by replacing byes.

Singles will start sometime after teams ends. My roommate should be providing pizza for you all to buy at $1 a slice and I'll have free drinks. We shouldn't really have a need for intermission, but if people need a break, I won't disqualify them if someone leaves for fast food. This is for the start of singles btw, none of this leaving halfway through and not completing matches then expect to come back without a DQ.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Just realized I never posted the stages...

Brawl Stage Selection:
  • Neutral / Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island
    (Teams only: Delfino Plaza)
  • Counter Pick Stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Frigate Orpheon, Great Sea, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Ride
    (Singles only: Delfino Plaza – Teams Only: Corneria)
  • Banned Stages: Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Donkey Kong Arcade, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros. Arcade, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Sky World, Spear Pillar, The Summit, WarioWare, Yoshi's Island [pipes]
    (Singles Only: Corneria)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
For both days, I'll be starting teams at noon. If you think you can't make it before then, crash with us the night before. I don't want to hold the tourney if I don't have to. Anyone who still can't make it in time, give me a call. I can squeeze people in by replacing byes.

Singles will start sometime after teams ends. My roommate should be providing pizza for you all to buy at $1 a slice and I'll have free drinks. We shouldn't really have a need for intermission, but if people need a break, I won't disqualify them if someone leaves for fast food. This is for the start of singles btw, none of this leaving halfway through and not completing matches then expect to come back without a DQ.
Manko is sending us hidden messages.

?!?

Smash Lord
Holla at me if you need to hire a teams partner. I
Yea, I'd be willing to be Brawl is going to be more popular attendance-wise.

But honestly it doesn't make any sense. Most competitive smashers at this point have admitted to liking melee more than brawl. So why bother with Brawl?

Just because everyone else is doing it? Way to be a tool
Because you have a chance at winning? Way to be a scrub
Because you have a shot at the money? There are much better ways to make money

I mean really.

I don't get it. Why are you playing it if you don't really enjoy it and can find others who will play better games?
I play both. but i rather play melee. brawl is kinda fun so im not just doing it for the money im doing it cuz everyone is doing and its kinda fun.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
CFL Teams TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

xYz + Rx-

OTRU + .D0c.

Skratch + Dop??

SheerMadness + ColBol??

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Seriously...is anybody wanting to carpool with me and frames (you drive or I drive...doesn't matter) for Sunday only? make it happen

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Just realized I never posted the stages...

Brawl Stage Selection:
  • Neutral / Random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Yoshi’s Island
    (Teams only: Delfino Plaza)
  • Counter Pick Stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Frigate Orpheon, Great Sea, Green Greens, Jungle Japes, Luigi’s Mansion, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 1, Rainbow Ride
    (Singles only: Delfino Plaza – Teams Only: Corneria)
  • Banned Stages: Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, Donkey Kong Arcade, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Mario Bros. Arcade, Mario Circuit, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Onett, Pictochat, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses Island, Sky World, Spear Pillar, The Summit, WarioWare, Yoshi's Island [pipes]
    (Singles Only: Corneria)
Pictochat banned? Come on....I'll give you a cookie if you un-ban pictochat...

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Colbol wont play my link cuz its annoying :(
Only with fox ;D

I'd only be going for melee, so I'll be back Saturday night. Where do you live dawg?
I live in Casselberry, which is like 25 mins north of UCF... but my parents can probably take me to you or some half way point if you're not too far away... or maybe if I'm on the way or something you could just pick me up because you're my *****. :D Here is a mapquest of my house...

Hey i don't [think] brian's going to do melee teams.

Colbol, team 28?
Maybe...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I originally had it as a counter pick for teams but banned for singles.

Really, I could go either way on that one though. I'm not a big fan of the level, but it's not as bad as some of the others. Although if I were to get counter picked there, I'd just use the stone glitch on the edge to camp with Kirby.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Only with fox ;D

I live in Casselberry, which is like 25 mins north of UCF... but my parents can probably take me to you or some half way point if you're not too far away... or maybe if I'm on the way or something you could just pick me up because you're my *****. :D Here is a mapquest of my house...

Maybe...
Dibs on Colin as a teammate since I'm driving him!

If he agrees, that is.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
i dont want to enter any melee tournies cuz i know i am going to enter and be so rusty and get owned. brawl is where its at.

-hiro
You two faced son of a gun. I remember at McDonalds at the first gigabits Brawl tournament how amazed you were at being so good at Melee even when you hadn't played it since Brawl came out. You also seemed to be having quite a large amount of fun. You were enjoying being able to play on platforms with wavelands and falling lcancelled aerials, and were excited about how much more free movement in Melee was.

"Look at this, there's no way I could do this in Brawl"

Then I 3 stocked you. I wonder who else has kicked your butt in Melee recently that makes you so averted to it? GJ Juan.

But I can understand not entering the tournament I suppose. As long as you're not afraid of friendlies too. I got no real hate on you, just wanted to point out what I remember.

It's the people who treat Melee like it was a disease that I don't understand.
I can't touch it, I'll get the bug. Don't touch it either! It's dangerous!!

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Assuming there's enough TVs (I have 4 on my own) there will be friendlies of both games available for both days. So no matter which game you prefer, you should be able to play the other one as well. Especially if you bring in a set up of your own.

In other words:
Please Bring Setups!

derf

Smash Ace
i demand hookers. and pie. or possibly cheesecake.

theres housing at the venue friday night right?

if i pick up mk and win $1000000 at brawl, were all going to mons

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yep, there's housing here friday. Show up after 6:00pm if you don't mind.

Cake I probably be able to do (my coworker/ex-roommate said she'd make me one a while back) possibly others?

Oh, and my girlfriend learned how to make Ganeral Tso per my request. So I'm happy to announce that we will have home made General Lime Backwards Pizza available at the venue! ^_^

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
important

I'm leaving Saturday night with my lady friend, so I can't take anyone with me as im not going to the venue until next morning. And i'll be staying there until monday, SO ppl find rides fast!

Also Manko, i'll start an attendance list, so PPL can see whos going.

1.xYz
2.OTRU
3.Skratch
4.Sheer
5.Rx-
6.BossMagnet
7..D0c.

*please copy this list and add you're name after it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Ummm I dunno what xyz is talking about bout I havent heard anything about me, otru, or skrach going.

I think I'm going to daytona this weekend. And I dont think these other kids wanna go if they have to drive. I could be wrong though.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Ummm I dunno what xyz is talking about bout I havent heard anything about me, otru, or skrach going.

I think I'm going to daytona this weekend. And I dont think these other kids wanna go if they have to drive. I could be wrong though.
lol sheer loves to come in and poop on things, but ya why are you giong to daytona, we all know you dont have friends out TNT. lol.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I don't need friends when I have kirby to keep me company. Buy yah my parents and a bunch of family friends party at daytona every memorial day weekend. Pritty sure my dad can get me a free room so I was gonna see if tnt wanted to daytona party this weekend. Sounds like you're too cool to party with me xyz but I told skrach and otru so they're welcome to come if they want.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
You two faced son of a gun. I remember at McDonalds at the first gigabits Brawl tournament how amazed you were at being so good at Melee even when you hadn't played it since Brawl came out. You also seemed to be having quite a large amount of fun. You were enjoying being able to play on platforms with wavelands and falling lcancelled aerials, and were excited about how much more free movement in Melee was.

"Look at this, there's no way I could do this in Brawl"

Then I 3 stocked you. I wonder who else has kicked your butt in Melee recently that makes you so averted to it? GJ Juan.

But I can understand not entering the tournament I suppose. As long as you're not afraid of friendlies too. I got no real hate on you, just wanted to point out what I remember.

It's the people who treat Melee like it was a disease that I don't understand.
I can't touch it, I'll get the bug. Don't touch it either! It's dangerous!!

lol. I remember that too. It was the best part of the day.

If anything, brawl is the real disease. I mean, it make you worse at the more skilled game :dizzy:

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
I don't need friends when I have kirby to keep me company. Buy yah my parents and a bunch of family friends party at daytona every memorial day weekend. Pritty sure my dad can get me a free room so I was gonna see if tnt wanted to daytona party this weekend. Sounds like you're too cool to party with me xyz but I told skrach and otru so they're welcome to come if they want.
u know im down honeybuns

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
hmmmm.... sounds like a plan young buck, but after the tourney ofcourse.

Top Bottom