• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

May 24-25 - Everybody Loves Manko: Season 2

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
To show your coming? lol

Can't wait to play you again bro. Our matches at gigs were probably the best I had all day.

Like when I play you or dguy, I always have such good matches. But with other people in tourney, nope, can't do that obv. >_>

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
F'n A.

With Sebriks' tourney keeping SFL from coming, Gigs taking up people's money the weekend before, and none of WATO being able to go, I wonder if I should even do it on that weekend. What good is a 2 day tourney if only MWFL is going to show?

Where's all the hype?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
F'n A.

With Sebriks' tourney keeping SFL from coming, Gigs taking up people's money the weekend before, and none of WATO being able to go, I wonder if I should even do it on that weekend. What good is a 2 day tourney if only MWFL is going to show?

Where's all the hype?
If you move this I won't be able to go considering I have the 26th off of school(my graduation isn't until June...)

But I see where you are coming from...this is a dilemma...I'd offer some solutions but I rarely ever come up with good ideas

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I hope you decide to proceed with this date. I may not be able to go if you change it. I mean, it's possible that I could still go, but it would require some amazing skills in persuasion to my manager.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
The thing is, there probably won't be a season 3 tourney because I'm most likely leaving Florida in the middle of summer. My girlfriend is getting a job OOS, but we don't know where yet. So I can't really be like "oh well, I'll just make the next one bigger".

It's just disappointing that Tampa always gets the short end of the stick. I'll keep it this date though and hope for the best.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
The thing is, there probably won't be a season 3 tourney because I'm most likely leaving Florida in the middle of summer. My girlfriend is getting a job OOS, but we don't know where yet. So I can't really be like "oh well, I'll just make the next one bigger".

It's just disappointing that Tampa always gets the short end of the stick. I'll keep it this date though and hope for the best.
well...that sucks...

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
He's keeping the 24th and 25th.

I'm sorry you have to leave us in the near future Suki. Hopefully you'll visit us when big tourney's hit the area.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
sucks that joe is leaving weve had some hardcore laughs together.....

but wtf i feel like no one ever really did anything to put tampa on the map for smash....it had so much potential and it seems like theres a lot of tampa players but tampa remains quite uneventful...

In 2D

Smash Cadet
Hey Manko, your B-day is on the 22nd, same as mine... O_o And Eric, if you help me find the place, I can drive you.

-F-0

dirty_rice88

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Abe's right about me needing the place to look good for my $200 back. I was also specifically told that no alcohol is allowed there. So if anyone wants to drink, we'll have to take it into my apartment or something.
Party at Manko's!

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he kinda ****ed me on that. :ohwell:

Think you'd be able to come for sunday at least?
If brawl is sunday i can try reallllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy fvckin hard. But straight up, mad doubtful. I'd have to go to seibriks then after that immediately head up to Orlando, then do yours then head back down Palm Beach Gardens before Monday 10 AM cuz of work. My dad wont do it but, lol if anyones up for a Seibriks to Manko drive tell me, i'll pitch in like 50 dollars for gas.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
yeah, I did have the date hella early. His was actually a week before mine until Gigabits announced their 2nd one, and he pushed his back a week onto mine. :ohwell:

Obviously Gigs is the most popular venue, but you'd think people would want to support Melee and like the opportunity for a two day tourney as well. SFL has a tourney at Zero Ping practically every weekend too, but whatever...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
well, you cant get mad monk. he can hold the tourney whenever he wants. and you have to realize, it was either he puts it on the same day as gigs( which he actually wants to go to) or, the same day as manko's, which he doesnt really care about. oh wells. i'll prob have to work.

-hiro

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
sweet, bring the rest of the crew too.

So with everyone leaving USF for the summer, a lot of people were leaving stuff at dumpsters that they couldn't bring home. I ended up finding 2 TVs from it, and I now have a total of 5 at my place. With both me & my roommate both having Brawl, that's 2 complete setups and 3 empty TVs. of course, I'll still need people to bring in whatever they can as well.

Top Bottom