• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Ups

Snakeee

Smash Master
Quick, but important tip against Snake. Abuse D-smash while just out of his f-tilt range, because it outranges it. When he does break your spacing and can f-tilt you, the only thing I think you can really do is shield it and roll away.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
Quick, but important tip against Snake. Abuse D-smash while just out of his f-tilt range, because it outranges it. When he does break your spacing and can f-tilt you, the only thing I think you can really do is shield it and roll away.
Yes snakee i know exactly what your talking about. =D been there done that and it works really great too.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
One thing I found quite useful against Snake is that you can d-air through his mortars (even fully charged I believe). As long as you aren't too high up, it's pretty easy to land the d-air due to the bit of lag the mortar has.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
One thing I found quite useful against Snake is that you can d-air through his mortars (even fully charged I believe). As long as you aren't too high up, it's pretty easy to land the d-air due to the bit of lag the mortar has.
This is pretty well-known. It's actually most useful if the Snake will get hit by the dair's landing hitbox. You can't follow it up, but you can generally get the Snake level with you, which is slightly better than having him under you.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
This is pretty well-known. It's actually most useful if the Snake will get hit by the dair's landing hitbox. You can't follow it up, but you can generally get the Snake level with you, which is slightly better than having him under you.
lol, I didn't mean to make it sound like a revelation. I guess we all know our move ranges and priorities here.

Snakeee

Smash Master
So, how should I best approach DDD? Remember, I only ask because I respect your opinion.
Well...it's tough. Spacing always comes first, his grab range is obnoxious so make sure you don't get too close.

I think jabs are absolutely useless against Dedede. I think he can grab you no matter what you do even if you only do the first jab.

I'll usually short hop airdodge his waddle dees and either forward B or paralyzer shot on the way down. You only need one solid hit in order to start up a combo. You're going to want to do whatever you can to get him airborne. Good players shield both of these a big majority of the time but if you keep your distance with them it's worth it for when they finally hit.

I also abuse D-smash a good deal when I'm at the furthest range for it. It pushes him back enough so that he can't grab you if he shields it. It hits him a lot when he rolls too, and he's one of the easiest characters to combo out of D-smashes. You can up-b him afterwards and drag him back down. Even if they tech this you can tech chase grab if you're fast enough. You can also do double d-smash to grab, and DDD can be grab released chain grabbed so this is a good opportunity to go for. And if you d-smash from the furthest distance possible I would follow up with a JCed Upsmash since that's basically the only thing that will reach and it will get him in the air. Also watch out for his up-tilt, that will punish d-smash spam.

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
Thanks, snakeee. I guess I really should start hitting up the shorthop airdodge/ paralyzer tactic a lot more: I hardly short hop at all in my game :ohwell:

BlackTulip

Smash Cadet
ZSS actually has a decent fight against R.O.B. If you can get around his Nair and Projectiles it's a fairly easy fight. He's a fairly big target and floaty enough to get alot of good "combos" on. But when fighting R.O.B, the best way to kill him is Up because of his recovery and ZSS's Uair will easily rid the robot of life...artificial life anyways. If you can stay on top of R.O.B with an offensive pace, it should at least be an equal fight or a smidge better for you. But R.O.B does have some kill moves and ZSS is light so watch out for Nair, Fsmash, Bair and such.

earla

Smash Lord
is the matchup material in this thread up to date and worth studying?

noradseven

Smash Lord
Not really lol the matchup ratio thread has our opinion on the numbers for the matches but there arn't alot of us here and due to ZSS's play style and the fact that we are a difficult character our metagame was evolving longer than alot, it been slow for like 3-6 months now though.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
You need all the information you can get :/ that's why these threads are made. On top of that Videos are quite helpful. But we are all human so sometimes you will make a mistake along the way. Then Sometimes you will run in to this brick wall which you can't Tear down. Thats why you need to love the game for what it is and take it on in your way. Meaning Just try to develop strategies and your own play style.

Kidding You

Smash Rookie
Tip vs Ganon:

If Ganon ever tries to grab a Zamus off the stage, if timed correctly you can down B (using invince frame to dodge) and from there a punish. I believe this works but feel free to double check.

Top Bottom