• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Ups

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ness is nothing like Olimar. Pk Fire<<<Pikmin throw even B sticked.

-Mario can cope with a lot of projectile based campers in this game because of his cape. Mario CAN NOT COPE WITH OLIMAR. Caping his Pikmin does't make much of a difference, since it just returns them. His grab range is huge and Fsmash has a lot of range. He out camps you with pikmin over Fireballs. They do more damage forcing you to approach him. Either getting you shield grabbed, Fsmashed, or another pikmin to the face. And did i mention that purple pikmin are a pain? Not to mentionhis Usmash kill u at like 80%. The only thing Maio has over Olimar is his ability to gimp him too easy, and how light Olimar is.
PKF=Pikmin throw. Challenge Earthbound360 and face him. PKF has much more than B-sticking. There's PK jump, and Reverse B sticked PKF, Ledge grab PKF, reverse ledge grab PKF.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169865

vato_break

Smash Master
Olimar is just a hard character to face
at first i thought "haha yea this should be easy all he has is a tether recovery"
WRONG
Stupid pikmin
if you spam fireballs they will outspam you
His grab range is stupid
If he fairs you with a purple pikmen at 90% your dead
He's pretty hard to approach too

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Olimar is just a hard character to face
at first i thought "haha yea this should be easy all he has is a tether recovery"
WRONG
Stupid pikmin
if you spam fireballs they will outspam you
His grab range is stupid
If he fairs you with a purple pikmen at 90% your dead
He's pretty hard to approach too
Meh, challenge Earthbound 360. Now he's hell (he uses PKF really well)

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
PKF=Pikmin throw. Challenge Earthbound360 and face him. PKF has much more than B-sticking. There's PK jump, and Reverse B sticked PKF, Ledge grab PKF, reverse ledge grab PKF.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=169865
why are you still comparing Olimar and Ness? This is the Mario Boards. Olimar>Ness. And besides Mario can cape PK fire. One reason why Ness is easier to approach than Olimar.

Meh, challenge Earthbound 360. Now he's hell (he uses PKF really well)
He's talking about Olimar. We're discussing Olimar and Mario match up.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
why are you still comparing Olimar and Ness? This is the Mario Boards. Olimar>Ness. And besides Mario can cape PK fire. One reason why Ness is easier to approach than Olimar.

He's talking about Olimar. We're discussing Olimar and Mario match up.
Hey. You can cape Olimar's forward b as well. :ohwell:

Olimar is overated (or are Ness and Mario underrated?:chuckle:)

But im done.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Big Advantage 70/30-90/10
Captain Falcon: 70-30
Ganon: 70-30
Link: 70-30

Advantage 60/30-65/35
Bowser: 65-35
Ike: 65-35
King DeDeDe: 65-35
Toon Link: 65-35
Samus: 63-35
Lucas: 60-40
Lucario: 60-40
Mario: 60-40
Pokemon Trainer: 60-40
-Charizard: 60-40
-Ivysaur: 60-40
-Squirtle: 40-60
Snake: 60-40
Sheik: 60-40
Wolf: 60-40
Zelda: 60-40

Neutral 45/55-55/45
Donkey Kong: 55-45
Diddy Kong: 55-45
Fox: 55-45
Ice Climbers: 55-45
Jigglypuff: 55-45
Falco: 50-50
Luigi: 55-45
Mr. Game and Watch: 55-45
Pikachu: 55-45
Pit: 50-50
Sonic: 50-50
Wario: 50-50
Zamus: 55-45

Disadvantage 40/60-35/65
Kirby: 40-60
Marth: 40-60
Ness: 40-60
Yoshi: 40-60
Meta Knight: 40-60 [some say 50/50]
Peach: 35-65

Big Disadvantage 30/70-10/90
ROB: 30-70

Mario is 4-6 towards Olimar, no 3-7. They think so too.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185014&highlight=Ness

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Hey. You can cape Olimar's forward b as well. :ohwell:

Olimar is overated (or are Ness and Mario underrated?:chuckle:)

But im done.
ok thats good but if u read what i said before you'll know that caping Olimar's pikmin doesn't make much of a difference. Olimar is not overrated he's real good. Olimar is a lot better than both Mario and Ness.

Edit:

Just because Olimars think its 6:4 doesn't mean its true. I don't even know where they come up with that.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
ok thats good but if u read what i said before you'll know that caping Olimar's pikmin doesn't make much of a difference. Olimar is not overrated he's real good. Olimar is a lot better than both Mario and Ness.
Ack. I know.

PKNintendo

Smash Master

Edit:

Just because Olimars think its 6:4 doesn't mean its true. I don't even know where they come up with that.
Careful matches with Mario mains.

Anyway, caping a B sticked PKF is useless. Mario reflects the bolt and it goes towards the ground, and it's duration is pathetic.
Ness approaches from the air, and PKF lag cancel can punish Mario with another attack after he capes the bolt.

Again, your far to gloomy, have a smile dude!:p

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ugh I thought this was the Mario boards.... I'm sick of trolling thats why i can't put a smile on >_<

and like i said before. Rob is missing on the List.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well I noticed its stated that DK's fully charged Giant Punch will kill Mario at 80+, just to kind of spread the word, it kills at even lower percents when its been about 7/10 to 9/10 charged but it lacks the Super Armor so its a bit of a trade off. I think it would kill Mario with 9/10 charged when he is about 70%, but Im not positive on the percent. Just something to watch out for.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Why do you guys keep going back and forth on Yoshi?

Yoshi is Neutral. Mario doesn't have an advantage on him, and neither does Yoshi.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
Olimar>Ness

Ness may have his own tricks with pk fire and has c the better recovery but olimar's recovery may be horrible but ness doesnt exactly have the god of recoverys either olimar has a lot better range ness can be infinited by like 3 or 4 characters (numbers may be wrong) oh and cant mario just fludd ness while hes recovering <_<

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Its possible but its only to the point when ness is forced to use his Up B which isn't gonna happen all the time.

Now can we please stop talking about Ness? I really hate all this attention on the Mario Boards. Its bringing trolls. This Match up thread is only for Mario. Not Ness, not Ike, not Micheal Jackson. Mario and his match ups!! Now please stay on topic.

Edit: And where is ROB?!

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
I agree,whats with all the visitors lately anyway?
anywho onto wolf does mario actually have an advantage on him? I can handle a wolf player but while im fighting it does'nt really seem like the match is in my favor his projectile has more range than mario's(by a bit) his f-smash has crazy range and his d-smash comes out super fast, the only thing that wrecks him is when he's forced to recover with his up-b,but he seems heavier than mario and is up to speed, I sometimes dont want to risk trying to cape him (side-B spike DX) and it eats right through fludd,if he get's me on the edge im screwed ...wait I think im making him sound to hard XD

boss8

Smash Hero
Why do you guys keep going back and forth on Yoshi?

Yoshi is Neutral. Mario doesn't have an advantage on him, and neither does Yoshi.
yoshi is bad.....and my mario will not loose to any character unless a pro is using them......and still its close at that.......the worst trouble i have are pro metaknights but if your name isnt even noticeable im goona wreck you...believe that....

lol at simna WTF wow its been a while but your probly the sickest ness out.....yea dont pay any mind to the other ness nubs....

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Olimar>Ness

Ness may have his own tricks with pk fire but olimar clearly is the better recovery yes olimar's recovery is horrible but ness doesnt exactly have the god of recoverys either olimar has a lot better range ness can be infinited by like 3 or 4 characters (numbers may be wrong) oh and cant mario just fludd ness while hes recovering <_<
Wow bias.

Ness actually beats Olimar in a matchup. And Ness is infinited by Marth, and semi infinited by Charizard. You didn't even contribute to anything positive. I could care less about Olimar's range. Is recovery is way to easily edge guarded.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Its possible but its only to the point when ness is forced to use his Up B which isn't gonna happen all the time.

Now can we please stop talking about Ness? I really hate all this attention on the Mario Boards. Its bringing trolls. This Match up thread is only for Mario. Not Ness, not Ike, not Micheal Jackson. Mario and his match ups!! Now please stay on topic.

Edit: And where is ROB?!
Michael Jackson vs Mario. 8-2 for MJ.
Michael Jackson vs Ness. 8-2 for MJ.

e.c.t.:laugh:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Pknintendo Thats a bad reason to state why ness is better than Olimar but im not gonna argue with you because this is a mario match up thread.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Pknintendo Thats a bad reason to state why ness is better than Olimar but im not gonna argue with you because this is a mario match up thread.
Sorry. But multiple Olimars mains agree. Or the ones I've played.

Yes. Mario vs Wolf is a tough matchup. His lazers can be annoying, and his weight can pose a threat. Wolf has no problem easily killing you, so watch out. On the positive side, he has a horrendous recovery, so you can easily gimp him. All an all, keep you head up, and gimp at every moment.

55-45 (for wolf)or 50-50.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
how do you gimp wolf!?fludd his second jump?his side/up-b eats through fludd,caping him is'nt worth risking at high percentages, side-b=spike, I don't have much problems with wolf but if there is an effective way to gimp I'd appreciate a post
Fludd is Up B after he free falls, cape him after he free falls, ledge grab, footstool e.c.t.

His Forward B is a weak spike.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
Just to clear something up:

Why I am here: I was brought to this thread while doing my regular forum search for my name^_^ lolol

also: Mario can not only just gimp ness when he is forced to use upB, but ALSO only when he is forced to use upB from stage-level or below

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Just to clear something up:

Why I am here: I was brought to this thread while doing my regular forum search for my name^_^ lolol

also: Mario can not only just gimp ness when he is forced to use upB, but ALSO only when he is forced to use upB from stage-level or below
which is exactly what i said. But the statement is too broad. It is a lot harder to gimp Ness when he's not forced to use Up B sounds better because its not immpossible.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
which is exactly what i said. But the statement is too broad. It is a lot harder to gimp Ness when he's not forced to use Up B sounds better because its not immpossible.
I ussualy just edge hog ness and one of two happens
1->he misses the edge and is forced to pk recover->get's caped or fludded-> dies(not 100% of the time tho)
2->he fairs me->he's to low to recover->I recover and survive

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I ussualy just edge hog ness and one of two happens
1->he misses the edge and is forced to pk recover->get's caped or fludded-> dies(not 100% of the time tho)
2->he fairs me->he's to low to recover->I recover and survive
2. Thats one bad Ness you play. I would do a rising Fair. (Double jump +Fair) And if you have remote skill with your PKT2, you can get back on the ledge.

Top Bottom