• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wow, I'm with Monk on this one. This one is 10/0 in Mario's favor. If you play this matchup, Mario is sure to win. Pick Mario or pick a different character. :psycho:

Mario's got everything he needs in this matchup. You can combo him so easily with U-tilt and U-air strings since his aerials don't reach far below him. Your F-smash outranges all of his other attacks. Up-B can stop any of his aerials. He's pretty easy to cape too.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
This is a true neutral matchup, and a true test of skill with your character and in ditto matchups, which is exactly what this is. Vs. enemy Mario, you'll want to use mindgames more because approaching is obvious for the enemy, and only use fireballs when aiming for the top (or bottom, if you can) of the your mirrored foe. If your getting barraged by fireballs followed by aerials, use FLUDD to kill two birds with one stone. You can combo enemy Mario, but watch out for his d air when doing so. You can either go for a verticle or horizantal KO, because Mario is balanced. All in all, you can only win by outsmarting your copy or by comboing them to death. Just remember that you can do the exact same things to them, and they can do the exact same things to you, that and exactly what Matador said.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Pretty fierce, mario dittos are pretty challenging. And like most dittos, nearly all of mario's moves work pretty good on mario. Utilt chains, double bairs, gimping his recovery etc... keep in mind that its pretty easy to counter attack mario's attacks within this ditto. Punish a mario who spams smashes with well timed shielding, respond your counter with a fsmash.

I dunno, dittos are all about the users metagame/mindgame. Pretty much like fighting against the sharingan, you can mirror moves and respond over attacks with your own style. Heh with that said, this match up is purely

100:0 in MY MARIO'S FAVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha <cough, hack, errr, cough>.....LOL -_-

Matt07

Smash Master
I dunno guys, I usually like to stay in the air against other Mario's due to Mario's d-air which can lead into some up tilt combo's at low percents, and because Mario has better priority in the air then on the ground. Oh and if you go to recover expect Cape spamming from both Mario's :laugh:. May the better Mario win.

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
on the side note, all this talk about vs mario is giving me the urge to play some dittos, if anyone feels like they want to challenge the chookay feel free to drop me a line. I'll be available after 8 pacific time today, and all day tomorrow...

CHALLENGE ME!!!!!

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
Chookay.. Just enter the mario tournament tomorrow on aib. There will be plenty of dittos.
cool, thanks for that note... I will now. Shoot, i need more publicity, and plus vs against dittos usually opens my eyes towards newer techniques...

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Prparing for Xyro, huh?

I'm just gonna say right now that approaching Samus straight on is a suicide mission. She can keep you away extremely well.

In fact, approaching Samus is just a pain in the ***, between the missles, the charge shot, and that godly Zair.

guild525

Smash Rookie
Samus is easy to combo
and you can reflect stuff
Samus will probably just Z-air you if you do that...I'd just try to power-shield, since you won't take that extra 4% for reflecting that projectile, and you can get in closer to conduct close combat :/..

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
The major thing that Samus has is her Zair. You can approach Samus but it's tricky because of her Zair. Samus is very easy to juggle once you get near her just you have to be wary of her spacing since she'll probally spam her Zair until she gets an opening for projectile spam. One thing you could try is spam a few fireballs, airdoge towards her and buffer directly into an Up B; it's punishable but it's a reliable way around her Zair. You can juggle her farily well once she's above you as long as you're careful of her bombs and Dair. Samus is tough to approach because of her Zair but she's not a difficult match-up otherwise. Her disjointed hitboxes can be a pain but most of them have low priority. Samus isn't too difficult to gimp and her KO power is lower than yours. Samus puts up fight but isn't too hard up close; the match-up is about neutral.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
Uair is you're best friend against Samus. It's very easy to juggle Samus once you're underneath. Spam fireballs often, for the majority of you're approaches and you'l do fine.

Zair's a pain because of the long range, but it's nothing major that's too hard to handle. Just don't let it gimp you're recovery. Dtilt is very quick and powerful. Alot of Samus' save it for KO's. Bomb retreat is another bait tactic commonly used, you may jump toward her and eat a Zair to the face or a full hit of a Fair.

This match thankfully because of Mario's cape. Somewhat messes up Samus' bread and butter, her projectiles. Which is mostly used for confusion & distraction so Samus is able to run on in easily with no problems and get some clean shots in, Prefably her smash attacks. But due to your cape, you pretty much are capable of reversing that whole momentum against her, wether it be a slow homing missing you caped that's barely moving back slightly, or the power missle launching back fast as hell, fixing to batt her up. It makes Samus think long and hard very wisely on wether not to shoot the full charge shot.

No too difficult of a match. But it potentially can be if the Samus player has any sense. Particulary by focusing on fighting you offstage by going after you. This is where Samus excells in. If so, you have the tools to possibly gimp her, yes. But Samus' off stage game will have you saying aw **** after you see that she done shot off 2 homing missles you're way, hopped offstage toward you, dropped a bomb to reverse back toward the stage, DJ, Fair, attempted Dair or possibly a Bair even, then you try to upb to recover on the edge fast, just to have her beat you to the punch by using her tether recovery. :laugh:

Overall, I find it to be the most enjoyable matches. Mario vs Samus. It can go either way. You can mess her up, and she can potentially do the same.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
50-50 in my opinion...Mario has quite a few options for racking up damage on Samus...but she has just as many on you. You both can edge guard each other very well(Missiles, Charge Shot, Dair, Ect..) as for the whole "Oh Samus has projectiles that are easily read and caped" and here's what I have to say...A good Samus player...is going to know when it's going to be most effective to use Super Missiles and Charge Shots so don't think you're gunna get a free kill because of a charge shot

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'd say 50:50 as well, simply because Samus effectively shuts down approach with projectiles and Zair and can decently rack up damage. Fortunately for us, we can KO better than Samus for the most part and can rack up damage just as well. Keep your Fludd charged, as it can prove useful for preventing Dair spikes and can gimp her if she doesn't sweetspot upB upon recovery.

Forget what Monk says. Charge shot = free stock :chuckle:

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Don't rush her when she's blocking. Her OOS defensive game will screw you over if your not careful. Its also annoying when you get hit, because you can't punish the lag. I say 50-50.

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh: too good. Monk/Honkey/Banana, I can watch the GIF in your sig forever, it's too good.

Against Samus she'll be smart when to use her missles, because we can reflect them back. Her spike is amazing, and umm I think when she uses her z-air to charged shot we can't reflect it back due to being stunned for the perfect time. But I don't really know about that.

Famous

Smash Champion
There is another technique you should look out for. I call it the "missle guard". It's when a Samus shorts hop a strong missle then runs right behind it...This gives Samus many options such as grabbing you...

lol, funny stuff Monk...I'll have find something funnier.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
There is another technique you should look out for. I call it the "missle guard". It's when a Samus shorts hop a strong missle then runs right behind it...This gives Samus many options such as grabbing you...

lol, funny stuff Monk...I'll have find something funnier.
Meh, Mario can do the same thing with his fireballs; just FLUDD her to push her back and destroy the missile or throw a fireball or 2.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
If you ever do manage to cape her charge shot when she's fairly close to you. It happens so fast that I don't think Samus can evade it in time. 50/50 sounds about right for the matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom