• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MATCH UPS....throw anything you got.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lies lies lies! My boys are dead. At least Mario boards are doing some stuff :/ But don't worry in the past we've had some heated arguements it was full of ****! Ask A2 or Matador lol. But we'll get to this discussion soon.
Yeah, I'm not eager to argue with them again. I may just end up quoting myself the entire time.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I saw the final part of it (when I just joined). Yeah, it was BAD. Like... really bad.

Someone should search for that thread.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, those arguments. I hope we're still friends after that. ^_^
Course we are ^o^. It's only love and war :/ and lol, I think it started with a thread long time ago with, " why is luigi considered better" or some random bs. Idk. lol, i remember there was a arguement with boss and chozen having beef via mario boards and rob boards lolz.

Edit: LOL. Ifound the thread with like the 20 page flame war on it lmfao. That was pretty hilarious now that I think of it, flame war over small things.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176540&highlight=luigi+considered

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Course we are ^o^. It's only love and war :/ and lol, I think it started with a thread long time ago with, " why is luigi considered better" or some random bs. Idk. lol, i remember there was a arguement with boss and chozen having beef via mario boards and rob boards lolz.
Yeah, the title was very much like that and what happened, too. I told my reasons as to why Luigi is better and I remember this idiot thought that I was a Luigi player in disguise because I said that. Man, are stupid people annoying.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Edit: LOL. Ifound the thread with like the 20 page flame war on it lmfao. That was pretty hilarious now that I think of it, flame war over small things.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176540&highlight=luigi+considered
There were alot of random people in that thread, just saying random things.

"Mario lost his tornado. If he still had it, he'd be way better!"

Lmao, watch someone is now going to bump that thread, and another flame war is gonna start.
I'll personally make them a special guest on my new hit show...

Tomahawk'd. Sorta like Punk'd, except...you get tomahawk'd.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Here is it.
R.O.B

Pros:
+R.O.B. is very easy to juggle.
+Cape neutralizes R.O.B.'s projectile spam and such.
+FIHL affects all his aerials.
+Mario is much faster in the air than R.O.B.
+Fireballs help a a lot to create openings for easy juggles.
+Jab outspeeds all of his attacks.
+More Reliable KO Potiential (fix'd)

Cons:
-Beastly recovery.
-More priority.
-Better reach.
-His Shield grab is annoying.
-KO Power is even with Mario's. (added)
Btw, I vote for Fox next.

EDIT: Oh, and Match-up Ratio is in the range of 60:40 - 65:35. I'm leaning towards 65:35 however.

Matt07

Smash Master
Ah Fox, a fun fight, but his aerials scare me O.o they're lightning fast.

Edit: I made a the thread at the Fox boards.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey guys. Maker of the fox matchup guide here. Im my experiences, this is anywhere from even to 6:4 fox. Fox has better priority, but this match gets VERY interesting over the edge of the stage. fox can shine spike mario to his death, but mario has the cape to counter illusion and firefox. Ill type more later(got class soon), but fox has a slight advantage on the ground. BOTH characters can edge guard the other VERY well.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Mario's combo game is good vs heavy characters, but positively shines vs fastfallers like ZSS and Fox. Getting inside won't exactly be easy, since Fox outspeeds you in every way, and deals with fireballs effectively. His combo game isn't bad either, as well as his kill potential from Usmash.

Basically what you're looking to do in this matchup is consistently combo and kill. Best approach option would probably be SHDair or Bair. Dair true combos into Uair with properly read DI, Dthrow is a good combo starter, SH Nair is good at percentages a little higher than 0 where the stun is apparent. Jab cancels don't work as well vs Fox because he gets to react quicker than most. Try them, but don't rely on them.

Fox is very light, so save your Usmash and Dsmash (if possible. Quick, powerful moves like Dsmash are vital vs Fox), Fsmash should still kill pretty low even staled, and keep your Fludd charged for gimping. Be aware that Fox's Fair recovery is very effective and can assist with varying his recovery. Cape if you can or catch him in FIHL. Bair spike if appropriate. Other than that, his recovery is boiled down to simple Fludd -> cape or just cape if he's doing firefox predictably.

6:4 Mario.

How does Fox edgeguard Mario in this matchup?

iMichael

Smash Lord
Fox edgeguarding Mario with his dair and fair? Na uh...not gonna happen. I want to know how he does this a vid would help me understand more.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It SHOULDN'T happen if you're aware of this, but they're possibilities nonetheless.

Fireball spamming back to the stage and FLUDD Recovery would usually take care of this. All we really have to worry about is the shine spike when recovering low, which can happen if Fox does a D-Smash.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Shine > upB. He can just drop and hit us with it during. That's the only reason I don't count it out. I was just wondering if he had any other options that I wasn't already aware of.

M@v

Subarashii!
As I mentioned, Fox should be edge guarding you with shine here; If he is not, he deserves a slap in the face. Fox should know about your cape too; expect him to be shine stalling and fast falling to throw you off so he can recover safely.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Well, Fox's shine is very good for pressuring Mario's Up B since it comes out as fast as it. I guess Fox's Dair is decent but it really doesn't have all that great of priority. Mario can badly gimp Fox with pretty much everything he has and Fox's shine stalling doesn't really help him much against the cape glide or the FLUDD. Fox's Shine is a really good edgeguarding move against Mario's Up B but it still isn't a guarenteed gimp since Mario's Up B comes out the same time and has an invincible startup. Mario definetely plays better off-stage than Fox.

Fox definetly has a better ground game. Mario plays better in the air than Fox but Fox's fallspeed makes up for a lot of his shortcomings in the air. Mario has better overall KO power but Fox's Usmash is still a very good star KO move against Mario. Mario's Utilt lock on Fox is pretty much a free 20% (Fox's reflector allows him to get out by about the 3rd hit). I see this match-up around even to 55:45 in Mario's favor; Fox's ground game is hard to get around if you don't know how to play against it.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Lol Mario kills fox around 109% with a fresh Fsmash. Kills even lower near the ledge of one of Mario's best stage, Battlefield. I'd say they kill each other about the same time because of the power of Fox's Usmash. Its a bit easier to read though.

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
I say it's 5-5, on the stage Fox is better, off the stage, Mario is better.. Sure Fox is a fast faller so he's easy to combo, but he's a LOT faster, and it should be hard for Mario to catch up with Fox, however Mario can use anything to edge guard Fox:

Firefox aiming for a sweetspot:
Cape - this is a given.
Aim'd fireball - can stun :]
Ledge dropped bair/uair - This just ***** firefox..
Nair - Jump out and nair in front of the firefox.. hits would most likely exchange.

Illusion:
Ftilt - Pretty easy to do if the illusion is predictable..
Cape - Gotta be timed..
Short hop nair - Stays out for a while, and the priority knocks Fox out of his illusion.

There's a lot more, but I'm too lazy to list :]

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Meh, everyone's hating on the FLUDD again, we always forget how much it can pwn until Boss, Fear, and Monk remind us.

Edit: Not everyone, just Envy and Dory XD

iMichael

Smash Lord
Not hating on it lol just not impressed by it. I've heard so much about the FLUDD and how it "pwns" ...I mean yeah...I've used it against Fox, Falco, Ness, Luigi etc...I think there's just too much hype on it though.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Not hating on it lol just not impressed by it. I've heard so much about the FLUDD and how it "pwns" ...I mean yeah...I've used it against Fox, Falco, Ness, Luigi etc...I think there's just too much hype on it though.
I still don't know how to use it the way I want to yet. It CAN be ridiculously effective, especially since alot of people don't know what to do about it. We just need to learn how to use it well offstage AND onstage.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
If only I can get tourney vids of me actually using it...

FLUDD isn't awesome, but ****it it does some pretty *****in' stuff.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Mario has better combos and edgeguarding. Fox has better range and KO power.

Pretty even matchup if you ask me.

They really are both quite capable of KOing and edgeguarding each other easily. Mario KO's Fox easily because Fox is lightweight. Fox KOs effectively because of the raw power of his U-smash. Mario has FLUDD, Fireball, Cape, and N-air tricks offstage. And yeah, Fox's reflector and D-air CAN hit you out of your Up-B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom