• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Export #1: Meta Knight | Complete!!

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I'll be back to make an input later. Too lazy right now. Guard were you the kid watching me at Apex?

you were NAKAT right??? I played against you in teams I think... besides that.....not really. Your Fox was cool to play against though.... and btw.......I was NOT wearing a green shirt like you said in the ``tourny results thread``, so I don`t think it was me.lol (ps: I`m 20 turning 21 soon....so I`m not a kid)

btw LIGHTNING.....I was aware of our F-air but never even attempted our DRILL.... if you are right and it works....THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!.lol it MAY garanty a drill > U-Smash when they glide attack. I know they could SDI our drill but still. lol that would be awesome.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
you were NAKAT right??? I played against you in teams I think... besides that.....not really. Your Fox was cool to play against though.... and btw.......I was NOT wearing a green shirt like you said in the ``tourny results thread``, so I don`t think it was me.lol (ps: I`m 20 turning 21 soon....so I`m not a kid)

btw LIGHTNING.....I was aware of our F-air but never even attempted our DRILL.... if you are right and it works....THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!.lol it MAY garanty a drill > U-Smash when they glide attack. I know they could SDI our drill but still. lol that would be awesome.
No I never met you then nor played you oh wells.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
It always seems to work for me, and they never expect it so yeah, free upsmash, or if you jump high enough to auto-cancel you can PWG them out of their SDI.

TKD

Smash Lord
Buffer a dash usmash vs people that SDI the drill out. The opponent's reaction will probably be funny. "WTF; NOTHING WORKS!"

*CT*

Smash Lord
Wow, I like this MU a lot with Fox but didn't think it'd turn into a 5/5.

All I know is that I'll camp MKs into approaching :p

crifer

Smash Lord
I tend to camp too muc and get punished for camping.
I don´t know how to play the MU at all, even though I´ve senn a lot of videos of other good fox players.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
I tend to camp too muc and get punished for camping.
I don´t know how to play the MU at all, even though I´ve senn a lot of videos of other good fox players.
Its ok to camp you just need to know when to stop shooting lazers and just run away and reset.

SHAD is go for when you see meta approaching most of the time he will go past you then you have the opportunity to lazer more or try and get a punish off (be creative amd mix it up)

If you see a meta that dair camps full hop and dair hiss @$$ back you only need to get meta to 82 or sumthin then he is gonna have to change it up otherwise he is gonna eat a u smash

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Buffer a dash usmash vs people that SDI the drill out. The opponent's reaction will probably be funny. "WTF; NOTHING WORKS!"

I accually hear that often here from 1 - 2 brawlers in our PR. lol

thanks though, this seems to work fine.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
You have no idea how much I respect you guys for making this even. I couldn't tell you if it really is or not, but it's at the least very close.
But so many boards refuse to even consider that MK might have even MUs.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
wait i'm confused nowwhich of these are right?:confused:
You can SDI it just use c-stick up and analog up at the same time when you get hit then you should be able to either jump out or you could even dair them. I do it all the time(one of the reasons this is believed to be 50-50)

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
well then BPC needs another edit if thats possible
I think he mean when your fully inside the nado(like right in the center) which is impossible to SDI out of. But towards the beginning you can SDI it. Sometimes you dont even need to SDI and fox will still pop out too just in case ppl were wondering.

Robfox

Smash Lord
You can SDI it just use c-stick up and analog up at the same time when you get hit then you should be able to either jump out or you could even dair them. I do it all the time(one of the reasons this is believed to be 50-50)

About the "analog up" part, most smashers turn analog tap off so.......yea
It is possible to SDI out of nado but I prefer using reflector. It gives leverage and/or can cancel nado.
btw tbh I still dnt think this match is even. 55:45 MK @ minimum.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
About the "analog up" part, most smashers turn analog tap off so.......yea
It is possible to SDI out of nado but I prefer using reflector. It gives leverage and/or can cancel nado.
btw tbh I still dnt think this match is even. 55:45 MK @ minimum.
Oh yea im assuming you have tap jump off when I say that since I dont play with it either. When I say analog up its for you normal DI combined with the C-stick for smash DI

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
I thought you can DI out of Tornado but you can't SDI out of Tornado. Holding up on the control stick will get the same result if not better as tapping up with both sticks a bunch because SDI is DIing during the actual hitlag of a tornado hit. I didn't think Tornado had hitlag.

4Biddin

Smash Journeyman
DAWG I been sayin this >_>
@4biddin WTH U said DI out of nado was better >_>
Umm here is what I do DI up then use my c-stick to dair them works 75% of the time for me. Depending on my mood sometimes ill just jump out after I DI but its all preference. I would dair just for the fact you can get MK closer to the Usmash :mad:

KDS

Smash Apprentice
i don't feel its 50/50 tho. even that foxes up smash can kill meta knight fast but i think i just played the match up really wrong lol. people tell me its more like 50/50 but when i play mk it seems more in his favor.. if mk can get fast shuttle loop kills then its over really=/ i mean correct me if i'm wrong, i think i just played the match up very wrong at MLG NC vs M2K.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i don't feel its 50/50 tho. even that foxes up smash can kill meta knight fast but i think i just played the match up really wrong lol. people tell me its more like 50/50 but when i play mk it seems more in his favor.. if mk can get fast shuttle loop kills then its over really=/ i mean correct me if i'm wrong, i think i just played the match up very wrong at MLG NC vs M2K.
You played against the best Meta Knight & lost. I don't think that's a good basis to conclude a match up ratio because you are probably a lot worse than M2K as a player.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Well you played against M2K, not against Meta Knight, so take it with a grain of salt.

KDS

Smash Apprentice
lol i mean i've played other mks i just feel that its kinda not even but eh idk.. i was beating m2k first games tho i just got ahead of myself and got easy to read... lmao xD like im even with m2k and then he got a fast shuttle loop kill on me and made me sad so i lost:( but i was about even with him. i just need to be more smart when i play him again D:

Zhamy

Smash Champion
They're different playstyles. Japan plays very differently from America.

Top Bottom