• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Discussion: Meta Knight ~

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Okay, in that case, my next question is:

Which character does well (or at least significantly better than Marth) against a 'turtling MK' other than MK himself?
Not many characters do significantly better.

Some characters that do better against MK are:

-Snake
-Falco
-Diddy
-Yoshi (lol)
-ZSS

im probably forgetting some, thats all I have off the top of the dome.

DJMirror

Smash Master
@Inle~Orichas I rarely do this to anyone because i'm a noob but just today I'm going to do a "Neighborhood P" (if you dont know what it is, Look up his ban account and read his post) but stop posting..ya a noob, you dont know what are you talking about
so sorry

but i'm going to ask a noob question as well right now

what the pro and con if we just space, hit and run over and over against a metaknight?
and
what other tactics we have against metaknight that like 60% chance that it's works

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
@Inle~Orichas I rarely do this to anyone because i'm a noob but just today I'm going to do a "Neighborhood P" (if you dont know what it is, Look up his ban account and read his post) but stop posting..ya a noob, you dont know what are you talking about
so sorry

but i'm going to ask a noob question as well right now

what the pro and con if we just space, hit and run over and over against a metaknight?
and
what other tactics we have against metaknight that like 60% chance that it's works
Umm ill answer this to the best I understand it... If you play too defensively, he'll **** you. You can approach and punish when you see an opening, and maintain pressure aslong as necessary. Umm something that has a 60% chance of working? Beats me.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
What are you going to hit and run with? He can shut down every approach option you have.
Pretty much the sad truth, I play the midwest's top mks on weekly/bi-weekly basis, and for the above thing on counter, yes it does work however if the mk catches on and you overuse it then you will get punished much harder by the mk than what the counter would have punished mk for. Is he charging a fsmash at the ledge and the charge is about to release? sure jump up and counter it if you have the timing of it. How often that works though is another story and could get you killed as opposed to the mk simply being knocked out of the ledge guard situation.

match up should be 65:35 not 70:30 cause i dont feel its HORRIBLE **** but its worse than what we currently have it now.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
65:35 was always correct ratio IMO.

Him and D3 are the hardest matchups

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Pretty much the sad truth, I play the midwest's top mks on weekly/bi-weekly basis, and for the above thing on counter, yes it does work however if the mk catches on and you overuse it then you will get punished much harder by the mk than what the counter would have punished mk for. Is he charging a fsmash at the ledge and the charge is about to release? sure jump up and counter it if you have the timing of it. How often that works though is another story and could get you killed as opposed to the mk simply being knocked out of the ledge guard situation.

match up should be 65:35 not 70:30 cause i dont feel its HORRIBLE **** but its worse than what we currently have it now.
I don't even think its that low, 60:40 is good enough. The match-up hasn't gotten any worst.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
People advocating 70:30 must know something you don't.

Every move Metaknight has is an Akuma fireball.
Is it a SIRLIN AKUMA FIREBALL?!?! (the one where Akuma's hurtboxes disappear during the attack so you can use it as a really stupid wakeup reversal)

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
It sounds like that there isn't a particularly large portion of the cast who does significantly better than Marth. Are you suggesting that all of the current matchups should be moved up as well? (or is it that you consider your last matchup statistic against MK flawed)

Either way, if Marth truly has no hope in defeating a turtling MK and no other character has been named that can do the same, then why isn't MK banned now? Is it ignorance or something else? How is it that this obviously broken character has something that somehow prevents him from being banned?

I still think that nothing's changed but our perspective, but then I'm playing the eternal optimist here aren't I?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
It sounds like that there isn't a particularly large portion of the cast who does significantly better than Marth. Are you suggesting that all of the current matchups should be moved up as well? (or is it that you consider your last matchup statistic against MK flawed)

Either way, if Marth truly has no hope in defeating a turtling MK and no other character has been named that can do the same, then why isn't MK banned now? Is it ignorance or something else? How is it that this obviously broken character has something that somehow prevents him from being banned?

I still think that nothing's changed but our perspective, but then I'm playing the eternal optimist here aren't I?
Welcome to the **** which is Marth. And that is not completely true, but I can't explain it necessarily, they'll clear it up for you.

laki

Smash Apprentice

Meta isn't banned because other top players besides Meta do well in tournies.

The only reason that some non meta main hasn't one a Cot4 size tourney is because of M2K.

See my sig.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion

The problem in the match is that fighting MK is like a Marth ditto where you have every disadvantage possible because it's a ditto yet you still have to somehow win even though your tools = his tools .5

Marth has a lot going for him vs MK that others dont like.. grab release, up-bing his tornado, having a sword

but keep in mind, Marth's recovery still sucks *** and is easy to gimp, and if you lose your second jump.. you aren't returning >_>

He's tall fighting a much smaller character who basically fights the same way he does

And his hits come randomly, he isn't going to rack up tons of damage in seconds like falco.. some of his hits (grab release) are gaurenteed... then you have random f-airs, random down tilts, up-airing their up-b if they span it, side-bs, but this is all stuff that you are still going to have to work for if they know what they're doing.

Marth doesn't have a projectile either, and MK makes a MUCH better camper than Marth, Marth sucks at camping imo

I could go into more detail but there have been plenty of posts and you still don't seem to get it

gantrain05

Smash Master
so can we just say MK is broken? i mean its kind of rediculous, i was playing a friendly today, just practicing up on my marth, against my friends MK. i don't know if im just ****ing up my spacing, but does MK SERIOUSLY have longer range on like every attack than marth does? i Dtilt, his Dtilt beats mine, his Fair beats mine, his Dsmash beats everything besides shield breaker. Why in the world is mk so **** broken?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Marth has more range on some of his moves over Metaknight.
But Metaknight's sword is longer. EVEN if SOME of his moves don't outrange you, if you do an fsmash and it just whiffs MK, his JAB will hit you.

BentoBox

Smash Master
MK is not broken because Marth does not have good odds against him. Marth is not your best bet against MK, period; there are other characters that do much better. Wario, Snake, Diddy, etc?

gantrain05

Smash Master
MK is not broken because Marth does not have good odds against him. Marth is not your best bet against MK, period; there are other characters that do much better. Wario, Snake, Diddy, etc?
its not cuz marth doesn't do well against him, he's just broken.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Btw, I also think Marth does fine. On a nice flat stage not named Yoshi's Island or Lylat, I think Marth can go pretty close to evenz. Until you get hit off the stage, lol.

Albert.

Smash Master
I'm officially using my rusty rusty Bowser against MK now

I read somewhere that he has an ok match-up against MK and I believe it.

LOL don't under-estimate bowser!

Top Bottom