• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Discussion #21! Pikachu

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Guys Pika can do crazy **** offstage includind Side-B'ing off the edge, Nairing you, Side-B'ing back and using Up-B to get back on the stage. Bair is also good offstage, even though it kinda sucks in general. I know this from watching Anther don't say I don't know what I'm talking about.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Guys Pika can do crazy **** offstage includind Side-B'ing off the edge, Nairing you, Side-B'ing back and using Up-B to get back on the stage. Bair is also good offstage, even though it kinda sucks in general. I know this from watching Anther don't say I don't know what I'm talking about.
Lol, you played Anther?? Good stuff. Yeah, Pikachu is pretty decent off-stage, his nair ***** off the ledge, but just be smart.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I think Pika can quick attack back to the stage after a dair. But it still puts him in a really bad position, so its worth doing it I guess.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
cool sir hopefully i can make it

and to all the marths yes it works oooooooo soo good

after they land on the stage with their up b then its a free attack or reverse grab if your fast enough or their close enough.

same with sheik except you can ALWAYS reverse grab her after the spike

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
cool sir hopefully i can make it

and to all the marths yes it works oooooooo soo good

after they land on the stage with their up b then its a free attack or reverse grab if your fast enough or their close enough.

same with sheik except you can ALWAYS reverse grab her after the spike
Sheik is extremely vulnerable to a footstool after the fthrow, fthrow, spike.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=12810&page=1

I have a lot of trouble believing that these exist, but if they do then ill be happy =D (and michael heys is legit, so i can hope)
Can somebody test these and post a video of how to do them if they work? ZMT doesnt think they do, but i dont think that weve explored buffering grabs until now.

On second thought, weve been moving away from the pikachu matchup havent we? so...
can we prove that this--> down throw x 10 > forward step cancel into forwardsmash tipper (53%) <--- exists?

WinjaSauce

Smash Rookie
Marth outranges most of Pika's attacks with his tilts/smashes, except for maybe pika's fsmash, b, skull bash, etc. So, i think that Marth has an advantage, seeing as longer ranged aerials, tech chase, and longer-ranged attacks can beat pika. I usually don't have too much trouble with pikas.. but.. thunder can screw up shorthopped approach, and can edgeguard =/. I'd say 60/40 Marth.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
60/40 sounds about right. marth can outspace him and shut down his fsmash with downB (im pretty sure it comes out faster?)
Counter may come out faster, but you can't react immediatly. It would be godly then, since you could counter almost every move in the game then. I don't know where you got that idea from, but it's better to shield and punish with DB. Counter is extremely unsafe.

Nike.

Smash Hero
ESAM believes this is even. Idk how PikaPika does against marths (he uses meta now too). K Prime usually beats me. I could see the argument based on results but not by theory.

Alot of MU's are gonna be talked about most likely when the BBR comes out with their big project MU chart and the masses argue all the ratios lol.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I think it might be even as well. And teching is really important in this MU if the pikachu knows how to QUACK lock it can cost us some damage if we don't ground tech a fall or whatever.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pikachu has gone from a glass cannon (melee) into just being a straight up mini gun (brawl). good combos, incredible mindgamez, obviously a good grab game, and that qac into nair can be killer. however since i don't really frequent these boards ima stop there as my opinion not really gonna matter too much :p

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Whatever you do, don't ever end up above a Pikachu, maintain your spacing. Close but not too close. Keep some surprises for that pika.

Top Bottom