• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-up Chart & List

lordhelmet

Smash Master
If you check out this thread in the Brawl Tactical Discussion, you will see that the numbers for Falcon are pretty inaccurate, plus there is a bunch with no ratios.

In order to fix them we need to come to a general consensus and send them to the OP.

Here is my suggestion for the numbers:

:metaknight: 20:80
:snake: 35-65
:wario: 40-60
:falco: 25-75
:diddy: 35-65
:dedede: 40-60
:marth: 35:65
:gw: 25-75
:pikachu2: 25-75
:olimar: 20-80
:popo: 25-75
:rob: 35-65
:kirby2: 35-65
:lucario: 40-60
:zerosuitsamus: 35-65
:toonlink: 35-65
:pit: 40-60
:dk2: 40-60
:peach: 35-65
:luigi2: 35-65
:fox: 40-60
:wolf: 35-65
:sonic: 45-55
:shiek: 35-65
:bowser2: 45-55
:zelda: 40-60
:pt: 40-60
:squirtle: 35-65
:ivysaur: 45-55
:charizard: 45-55
:ike: 45-55
:lucas: 35-65
:mario2: 40-60
:ness2: 40-60
:yoshi2: 40-60
:samus2: 45-55
:jigglypuff: 45-55
:link2: 50-50
:ganondorf: 55-45

If you have any disagreements, please let me know.

Lionman

Smash Champion
:metaknight: 20:80
:snake: 25-75
:wario: 45-55
:falco: 20-80
:diddy: 35-65
:dedede: 20-80
:marth: 40:60
:gw: 25-75
:pikachu2: 20-80
:olimar: 20-80
:popo: 25-75
:rob: 35-65
:kirby2: 35-65
:lucario: 40-60
:zerosuitsamus: 35-65
:toonlink: 35-65
:pit: 40-60
:dk2: 40-60
:peach: 35-65
:luigi2: 35-65
:fox: 40-60
:wolf: 35-65
:sonic: 45-55
:shiek: 25-75
:bowser2: 50-50
:zelda: 40-60
:pt: 40-60
:squirtle: 20-80
:ivysaur: 55-45
:charizard: 50-50
:ike: 45-55
:lucas: 45-55
:mario2: 40-60
:ness2: 45-55
:yoshi2: 40-60
:samus2: 45-55
:jigglypuff: 35-65
:link2: 55-45
:ganondorf: 55-45

My suggestion

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've played the Ike VS Falcon MU from both sides.

It's not near even. It's 4-6. Falcon struggles against Jab and Nair too much for it too be near even/even.

Seriously, what can Falcon do against Ike's Nair? No lag to punish, and it outranges all of Falcon's moves with it's disjointedness.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Utilt will either get hit by the sword (sword with long lingering hitboxes>leg), or Utilt will hit shield as there won't be anything to punish on landing.

Not getting hit by it is fine, but you still can't hit him either.

Player-3

Smash Hero
why don't we have an advantage on ivysaur

hes so.... bad

and we have a grab release > uair on him

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I've played the Ike VS Falcon MU from both sides.

It's not near even. It's 4-6. Falcon struggles against Jab and Nair too much for it too be near even/even.

Seriously, what can Falcon do against Ike's Nair? No lag to punish, and it outranges all of Falcon's moves with it's disjointedness.
Here is how to deal with Nair :
You see Ike jumping
You SHUair
End

And here are my matchup adjectives, translate them in whatever number you think they mean :
**** > large > visible > even > manly

:metaknight: ****
:snake: large
:wario: visible
:falco: large
:diddy: large
:dedede: large
:marth: large
:gw: ****
:pikachu2:
:olimar: ****
:popo: large
:rob:
:kirby2: visible
:lucario:
:zerosuitsamus: visible
:toonlink:
:pit:
:dk2: visible
:peach: visible
:luigi2: large
:fox: visible
:wolf:
:sonic: even
:shiek: visible
:bowser2:
:zelda: large
:pt:
:squirtle: visible
:ivysaur: even
:charizard: even
:ike:
:lucas:
:mario2:
:ness2:
:yoshi2: even
:samus2: even
:jigglypuff: visible
:link2: even
:ganondorf: manly

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Every one who MUST tether grab cannot recover for their life(Literally) Especially Olimar, who only recovers if he can mindgame or get that purple pikmin in front of him to throw....

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Why are you guys flipping balls? I didn't ask for your entire lists, just tell me the ones you disagree with. All I want is a list to fix the ones in the "Official" Match-Up Thread.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Ok then,
DDD is not 40-60, more like 30-70. Mainly because he only needs 4 moves to win.
Peach is no more than 40-60 because raptor boost is too good.
Luigi is 30-70, at least that's what has been discussed on the luigi boards.

Else I don't know, maybe we should ask the other character boards before posting matchup ratios that haven't been discussed.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Metaknight 25-75

because.... If Olimar and G&W are 25-75 then MK is aswell.

/somewhat serious suggestion

lulz. But seriously. Am I the only one who thinks Olimar is the hardest MU?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Utilt will either get hit by the sword (sword with long lingering hitboxes>leg), or Utilt will hit shield as there won't be anything to punish on landing.

Not getting hit by it is fine, but you still can't hit him either.
Falcon can punish it quite easily if he knows what he's doing. Properly timed Dash Attacks (Falcon Kick and F-smash also have enough range if you can call the move early enough), powershield -> dashgrab (not actually hard to do, Ike telegraphs all his aerials), N-air Jab or Up-B OOS depending on spacing, Ike's N-air is nothing close to being an impenetrable wall. Falcon also has the mobility to simply just interrupt Ike when he jumps, and is capable of stalling against Ike to some extent.

teluoborg said:
Here is how to deal with Nair :
You see Ike jumping
You SHUair
End
And what this guy said basically.

Fun fact: The first hit of Ike's D-smash if powershielded (or outspaced) is punishable with a Falcon Punch.

Gardex said:
That mentality wouldn't surprise me. Olimar is good at stopping approaches and he's a small target. He also camps, and it's difficult for Falcon to deal with.

However, I should point out that if you are somehow able to space N-airs on his shield very consistently, I'm quite certain you can Jab before his shieldgrab comes out.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
1) A2, quit trolling every single time Ike is mentioned everywhere. You know nothing about him. If anybody wants a real discussion about Ike, they'll put you in the ignore list.

2) The fact you even mentioned Dsmash proves you have no clue how Ikes play.

3) Everyone is assuming the Ike would use Nair when Falcon is close enough to hit him before it's out. -_- I'd much rather sit on the ground and just jab if he's that close. You also have to consider Falcon's reaction time to seeing Ike in the air, Falcon's travel time to get close enough, Falcon's jumping frames, and then the few start-up frames of Uair. I doubt Falcon is going to hit him before Nair is out as often as you think.

4) Falcon Kick hits the sword. Fsmash hits the sword. There is no properly timed Dash Attack that's possible on a regular basis. The landing lag is the same as normal jumping ending lag. Considering we have a sword in front of us all the way until those couple frames, lol good luck landing that in reality on a regular basis.

5) PSing is irrelevant. There is a very good reason why nobody brings up PSing in real MU discussions. Any move in the game that isn't a grab can be PSed and punished according. Even if it's not on reaction, you can predict and PS. And anybody follows your "logic" of going by pure frame data A2 which you seem to love, D3 is worse then Ike. He's slower in attack speed, air speed by far, lacks Ike's safe upclose jab game, and is much easier to camp by projectiles due to his size. Throw in how slow his projectiles are in both movement speed and start up, the only thing he has going for him is his grab game. A grab game that, according to your "logic", should never land a grab against most characters as he will be telegraphing what he's going to do. If you have a projectile, you just easily outrun him and chuck stuff at him. If you don't have a projectile, you are most likely faster then him anyways.

Yet, we all known this idea of D3 being worse then Ike is laughable. Hm...oh, I know! Your way of thinking is trash for MU discussions! That's it! It lacks a little variable called "reality". You might wanna look into it. If your "logic" worked, Ike would never get pass round one due to PSing. Oh wait, Ikes have done as well as to win tournaments, and place 9th in huge tournaments, outplacing people like Hylian in the very same tournament. *gasp* I forget which multistate tournament it was...Phase maybe? If your "logic" worked, D3 shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the tier lis-wait...he's in S tier isn't he?

You're a fool. A very annoying fool who needs to simply just shut up. You know nothing. You never will know anything. All you do is annoy people with your narrow minded, unrealistic way of looking at MUs which do not reflect reality at all.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
1) A2, quit trolling every single time Ike is mentioned everywhere. You know nothing about him. If anybody wants a real discussion about Ike, they'll put you in the ignore list.
Quite on the contrary, I know a lot about Ike, and I use him in friendlies, and my friend plays a legit CF, so I do actually know this matchup. I'm pretty legit with him, since I am really good at landing extremely gimmicky stuff, since my playstyle hinges on mindgames and conditioning people into getting hit by random Smashes. The problem lies in you. You overestimate Ike's advantages, seemingly are able to ignore Ike's extreme ending lag, and you do an extremely bad job of applying what reactions are possible in high level play. In fact you probably even ignored the amazing Ike mains who admit that Ike is a garbage character (If I recall, I'm certain Rykoshet and Renegade are among the ones I'm trying to mention). Are you going to tell them that they know nothing about the character?

2) The fact you even mentioned Dsmash proves you have no clue how Ikes play.
No, I mentioned it because it was funny. Ike's D-smash is not a viable move, and all I just proved is that the Falcon Punch is a marginally better move. Both moves suck and should never be used. The Falcon Punch however actually kills (and has the advantage of some sick spacing on the Reverse Falcon Punch).

3) Everyone is assuming the Ike would use Nair when Falcon is close enough to hit him before it's out. -_- I'd much rather sit on the ground and just jab if he's that close. You also have to consider Falcon's reaction time to seeing Ike in the air, Falcon's travel time to get close enough, Falcon's jumping frames, and then the few start-up frames of Uair. I doubt Falcon is going to hit him before Nair is out as often as you think.
Falcon goes even in Jab wars, but he has better tilts that can outspace Ike's Jabs. And no, Ike isn't just able to get away with this "ideal" scenario every time. If he spams N-airs, he will get punished, and nothing is forcing Falcon to commit to getting hit. Rather he has the zoning advantage because of his mobility. If Falcon thinks he approached too late, he can simply retreat and not get hit if he has good zoning skills.

4) Falcon Kick hits the sword. Fsmash hits the sword. There is no properly timed Dash Attack that's possible on a regular basis. The landing lag is the same as normal jumping ending lag. Considering we have a sword in front of us all the way until those couple frames, lol good luck landing that in reality on a regular basis.
See, this is an example of you COMPLETELY overestimating Ike's advantages. Ike's N-air has 13 frames of landing lag, which is entirely possible to punish. You just need to be smart, OR you just need to powershield his N-air. tl;dr, Ike can and will get punished against an opponent who knows how to deal with his stuff.

5) PSing is irrelevant. There is a very good reason why nobody brings up PSing in real MU discussions. Any move in the game that isn't a grab can be PSed and punished according. Even if it's not on reaction, you can predict and PS. And anybody follows your "logic" of going by pure frame data A2 which you seem to love, D3 is worse then Ike.
D3 is in fact an overrated character, but when it comes to frame data he has better tilts (in terms of hitbox and frame data), a MUCH better B-air (do I need to explain this one?), a real reason to use fullhops (Ike cannot do fullhop -> two aerials, and he's in fact the ONLY character who is in this situation), and a MUCH better grab with a lot more range (that even comes out one frame faster, which makes a difference because there are several Jab combos that Ike is unable to shieldgrab due to this).

And PSing is relevant, because against Ike you can do it consistently without needing mindgames or prediction, and I do know people who play this game well enough that they actually do apply this. Why else would you guys then bother to mention PSing projectiles against say Mario? It's the same concept. You can do it on reaction if you don't suck. And then I will remind you that most people do suck, and the average professional for this game sucks a lot more than the average professional for other competitive games. However matchup discussion aims to lay down options for two players that don't suck.

He's slower in attack speed, air speed by far, lacks Ike's safe upclose jab game, and is much easier to camp by projectiles due to his size.
Firstoff he's not actually slower you numbskull (seriously, you're the one who knows nothing about this game. You're actually contradicting frame data right now). Yes his HORIZONTAL air movement is slower, but Ike's is so bad either way it's a small difference, and King DDD's fast falling speed does help him significantly in other ways. And Ike's Jab game isn't safe. You can shieldgrab him out of it with good timing, and at virtually any range due to Ike extending his hurtbox, and before you tell me that this is unrealistically hard to do, I have a friend who does this very often against me in general. D3 also does better against projectile camping due to his shieldgrab alone (and Waddle Dees actually help him against projectile camping due to their hurtboxes), although both characters cannot win against Falco.

Ike is so limited that you can actually bother to powershield his stuff consistently, and there is nothing he can do about it since he has no safe approach (and his grabs are underwhelming). He's overall the slowest character in the game along with Ganondorf. Relying on prediction to powershield is not necessary against Ike. You just need to have good skill, which 95% of players don't have for this game. Hence why Ike appears better, since he takes much less skill to abuse compared to other characters.

You are the one who knows nothing about this game. I'm laughing at how easy you're making this for me. All you need to do to see that you're wrong is go to the G&W boards export on the DDD matchup to get the frame data for DDD, then try out DDD in training mode to discover that he also has significantly less ending lag than Ike on tons of stuff. It isn't fun when someone as uninformed as you makes arguments that are so easy to counter. Step it up dude.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I can solve all this arguing PS Ikes **** cause its way to slow, punish for free, even things like n-air are slow enough, to PS, and when in doubt shield early. Also when near Ike do not SS/f-roll, unless you **** well know he will still be in a moves animation.

Metaknight 25-75

because.... If Olimar and G&W are 25-75 then MK is aswell.

/somewhat serious suggestion

I think olimar is one of the **** this match drops controller 1/2 way though fight characters :D, once falcon gets right up on olimar he has a few options(grab or jab), but even then its not that great, and worse, its tricky just to get to that part.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Fighting MK is fun.

G&W is OK/meh

Olimar is OMGWTFBBQRAGEQUIT

The ****** just stands there and wins the match
hot ****, that's just so true. Any olimar main, and I mean ANY olimar main can beat me and my Captain Falcon. Since basically all of his moves have disjointed hitboxes, he wins by default.

So I propose :olimar: 15-85.

noradseven

Smash Lord
hot ****, that's just so true. Any olimar main, and I mean ANY olimar main can beat me and my Captain Falcon. Since basically all of his moves have disjointed hitboxes, he wins by default.

So I propose :olimar: 15-85.
Why such a random number, just put 90-10 to make it more even :laugh:

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Because he's light, I guess, lol. He actually dies easily too, because of his recovery.

Top Bottom